PDA

View Full Version : A Call to Arms for Liberty Supporters...

Eric P
06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I just want to throw this out there for anyone interested. A HUGE liberty ally, Jesse Ventura, is considering running for Senate in 2008 in Minnesota as an Independent. For those of you who don't know who he is, look him up on YouTube or Wikipedia, he used to be the Independent Governor of Minnesota. He will announce some time in July whether he's running.

If he runs, we MUST MUST MUST get behind him. He is extremely pro-liberty and against the status quo. His name has even been thrown around for President. He once said something like "I'd run if I could get on all the ballots. And I'll tell you what, I'd win too. I'm the two-party system's worst nightmare."

This guy is the real deal. Slight differences from Ron Paul, but very similar in most respects and most importantly in a philosophy that the Government is best which governs least.

So, look out for his announcement, and if he runs, let's get behind this guy!!!!!!!!

speciallyblend
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
I 100% agree!!!

MRoCkEd
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Hell yeah

armstrong
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
he has my support

kathy88
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Got his book from Amazon a couple weeks ago. It's next on my list.

Eric P
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I haven't even got the book yet but I hope to get it soon...

AJ Antimony
06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Ventura is amazing. I like him just as much as Ron Paul not because of his positions, but because you can so easily tell he's a ZERO BULLSHIT candidate.

He's not going to lie to the people. He's not going to play political games. He is in politics to actually HELP THE PEOPLE.

It really boggles my mind how some people on here don't like him. He's very close to being a RPRepublican, he's self described 'fiscally conservative and socially liberal,' and he has a better chance at winning a federal seat than arguably any RP candidate other than Ron himself!

I will be disappointed if CFL doesn't support Ventura, that is, assuming he runs.

votefreedomfirst
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
He has a good chance if he decides to enter the race, but he's far from a shoe-in.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/06/ventura-polls-24-in-hypothetical-senate-bid/

Ventura polls 24% in hypothetical Senate bid

June 14th, 2008

A Rasmussen poll out Friday and conducted Wednesday indicates ex-Gov. Jesse Ventura would enter the Minnesota Senate race with the support of about one in four voters. The survey has incumbent Republican Norm Coleman at 39%, Democrat Al Franken at 32%, and Ventura at 24%. Without Ventura in the race, Coleman leads Franken 48% to 45%. When asked if Ventura should run, 60% said he should not, while 27% said he should. The poll of 500 likely voters has a margin of sampling error of +/- 4.5%.

AJ Antimony
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
He has a good chance if he decides to enter the race, but he's far from a shoe-in.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/06/ventura-polls-24-in-hypothetical-senate-bid/

That's very amazing when you think about it. 24%... as an independent... in a general election... with an undeclared candidacy.

bucfish
06-30-2008, 04:27 PM

With the Paul tards behind him Lots of Happy Minnesota people from his governship. He is almost a shoein as you can get. Despite what the MSM trys to say The People are mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore. Ventura sums it up in a no holds barred manner.

Liberty requires strange bedfellows. One must never forget that loving a neighbor is more than just words.

JohnDevilman
06-30-2008, 04:31 PM
This would definitely be an interesting development that I would like to see unfold. I would also whole-heartedly throw my support behind Mr. Ventura, the sexual Tyrannosaurus.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Is he still against gay marriage? I think he was a few years ago...

MRoCkEd
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Is he still against gay marriage? I think he was a few years ago...
He was never against gay marriage - he thinks the government should stay out of the marriage business altogether. "Who are we as a government to tell people who they can love."

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
He was never against gay marriage - he thinks the government should stay out of the marriage business altogether. "Who are we as a government to tell people who they can love."

Oh yeah? That's cool...I can jive with that!

Eric P
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Jive on...

I can't help but feel like the revolution's lost a little enthusiasm, guys like BJ Lawson running, maybe Jesse Ventura, we gotta get fired up...

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I can't help but feel like the revolution's lost a little enthusiasm,

its natural, its kinda like what happens to a married couple. as boyfriend and girlfriend they were hot and heavy all the time but once they stepped into that long term commitment they have to get comfortable with the reality of the other person.

Its a period of adjustment, i think by September, we'll have a better idea of where we stand.

I'd be happy to support Jesse Ventura. You can gauge by the ferocity of attacks by the mainstream disciples how big a threat an individual is to their agenda, and I've heard some of the nastiest thing I've ever heard uttered by a pundit aimed at Ventura. Hes got them running scared.

sratiug
06-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey everyone,

I just want to throw this out there for anyone interested. A HUGE liberty ally, Jesse Ventura, is considering running for Senate in 2008 in Minnesota as an Independent. For those of you who don't know who he is, look him up on YouTube or Wikipedia, he used to be the Independent Governor of Minnesota. He will announce some time in July whether he's running.

If he runs, we MUST MUST MUST get behind him. He is extremely pro-liberty and against the status quo. His name has even been thrown around for President. He once said something like "I'd run if I could get on all the ballots. And I'll tell you what, I'd win too. I'm the two-party system's worst nightmare."

This guy is the real deal. Slight differences from Ron Paul, but very similar in most respects and most importantly in a philosophy that the Government is best which governs least.

So, look out for his announcement, and if he runs, let's get behind this guy!!!!!!!!

Yessss. I agree completely.

MRoCkEd
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Will Ventura run for Senate?
We'll find out by July 15th.
http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S497152.shtml?cat=10151

pacelli
07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
If he runs, I'll support him.

Danke
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
If he runs, I'll support him.

Me too, just as long as he agrees to never again appear on the Alex Jones show. :eek:

MRoCkEd
07-07-2008, 10:40 AM
With the July 15 filing deadline almost at hand, Minnesota’s maverick ex-gov Jesse Ventura is keeping mum about his plans. According to the Minnesota Independent, Ventura told his former press secretary John Wodele last week that it’s still “way too early” to make up his mind. (When he ran for governor, Ventura filed on the last possible day.) The Independence Party formally endorsed southern Minnesota farmer Stephen Williams as its candidate for Senate, but he would probably defer to Ventura, and would certainly be swamped in the September primary, if Jesse chooses to run.

For the final word on whether Jesse will run—check the news after 5 p.m. on July 15.

ClayTrainor
07-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Jesse will hopefully run for senate this year, and then pres in another 4

MRoCkEd
07-09-2008, 02:12 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/07/jesse-ventura-m.html

Jesse Ventura, the former pro wrestler and sometime-actor who improbably won the governorship of Minnesota a decade ago, may again roil his state's political waters. Then again, he may not.

Ventura has been hinting for months that he might make an already closely watched Senate race Former pro wrestler Jesse Ventura, who served one term as governor of Minnesota, may run for the Senate in his home state between Republican incumbent Norm Coleman and Democratic challenger Al Franken a three-way affair; back in May, he told Larry King on CNN, "I'm weighing it right now."

He's still weighing it as Tuesday's deadline for filing approaches; indeed, he's talking about it more than ever, leading to speculation he'll take the leap.

Our friend Ted Johnson, who writes the "Wilshire & Washington" column for Variety, recently interviewed Ventura and wrote that "he sounded like a candidate, ready to needle his opponents at every turn. He mapped out a renegade campaign strategy in which he would raise money on the Internet yet not spend more than $1 million for his bid."

Johnson quoted Ventura as saying: "I will not spend more than I earn, and that gives me I think a million dollar cap, because the salary for a senator is $170,000" a year.

We were initially confused by Ventura's math, but he's apparently referring to what he would gross over a six-year term.

The buzz surrounding Ventura grew very loud today, following the broadcast on NPR of an interview he gave David Welna Sunday in a parking lot in Minnesota. He again talked as if he had decided to run, and even offered what presumably would be one of his main messages: "All you Minnesotans take a good hard look at all three of us. And you decide: If you were in a dark alley, which one of the three of us would you want with you?"

Ventura quickly clarified that his remarks were hypothetical, and that he'll continue to weigh his options until the filing deadline. "It will come down to whether I want to change my lifestyle and go to that lifestyle or not," he said.

The prospect of another political season enlivened by a Ventura candidacy geneerated much comment, including this post on The Swamp.

As we recently noted, current polling indicates Franken -- of "Saturday Night Live" fame -- would fall short in his bid to unseat Coleman. Who knows how Ventura would scramble the dynamics; his political persona is so idiosyncratic it seems, at first blush, hard to predict.

And this might be even harder to divine -- were he to run and win, would he bother to caucus with either party on Capitol Hill?

MRoCkEd
07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
There was a false media flag that he was running when Jesse told NPR the reason he would run if he decides to. Here's part of todays interview with MSNBC about it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NIdS_2o28Sc
I really hope he decides to run. We find out tuesday.

CasualApathy
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Do we have his email? we should let him know the Ron Paul crew wants him to run!

MRoCkEd
07-10-2008, 12:24 PM
It's all in the hands of whether or not he wants to give up his life of surfing in the Baja

HOLLYWOOD
07-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Has the CFL invited him as a Guess Speaker at the RALLY in his home state of Minnesota?

What's the PLANS CFL?

Hey, Where is the Campaign For Liberty?