PDA

View Full Version : Two book projects...

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm looking for writers, to write small pieces. I need at least 350 pages worth of letters, poems, maybe even a couple of short stories, that are revolution themed.

These are the sort of things I'm looking for...

Letters written to Dr. Paul or other revolutionary candidates.

Letters written to your fellow revolutionaries.

Letters adressing the people regarding our aspirations for America

Letters to our enemies assuring them that we will reclaim the rights and liberties that God has intended for us.

If i can put it all together, and get it published, any and all proceeds will go toward the revolution, to what end, I have not desided. I'm completely open to suggestion. Honestly i dont think I'm open to donating the funds to The Campaign For Liberty. Simply because we cannot afford to put all of our eggs in one basket. Should that group become subject to cohersion or corruption, we need other organizations, and infrastructure in place to maintain our foreward momentum.

If anyone is interested you can PM me for my email address until i set up an email addy just for this project. I'm off to myspace to solicite entries from my friends list and beyond.

It would be swell if you could pass this along to any revolutionaries you know that do not participate in these forums.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm looking for writers, to write small pieces. I need at least 350 pages worth of letters, poems, maybe even a couple of short stories, that are revolution themed.

These are the sort of things I'm looking for...

Letters written to Dr. Paul or other revolutionary candidates.

Letters written to your fellow revolutionaries.

Letters adressing the people regarding our aspirations for America

Letters to our enemies assuring them that we will reclaim the rights and liberties that God has intended for us.

If i can put it all together, and get it published, any and all proceeds will go toward the revolution, to what end, I have not desided. I'm completely open to suggestion. Honestly i dont think I'm open to donating the funds to The Campaign For Liberty. Simply because we cannot afford to put all of our eggs in one basket. Should that group become subject to cohersion or corruption, we need other organizations, and infrastructure in place to maintain our foreward momentum.

If anyone is interested you can PM me for my email address until i set up an email addy just for this project. I'm off to myspace to solicite entries from my friends list and beyond.

It would be swell if you could pass this along to any revolutionaries you know that do not participate in these forums.

I'm totally into this idea!! :D

liberteebell
06-30-2008, 07:13 AM

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Okay! The email addy for submissions and questions is lettersotrevolution@live.com

I'm working on the myspace page right now. http://www.myspace.com/lettersotrevolution.

You can contact me there as well.

I'm also looking for a handful of individuals that are willing to help me "judge" the submissions for entry in the event that this takes off and I end up with 3000 letters in my inbox.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Okay! The email addy for submissions and questions is lettersotrevolution@live.com

I'm working on the myspace page right now. http://www.myspace.com/lettersotrevolution.

You can contact me there as well.

I'm also looking for a handful of individuals that are willing to help me "judge" the submissions for entry in the event that this takes off and I end up with 3000 letters in my inbox.

I enjoy judging people...I'll volunteer! :)

Actually, I'm fairly decent at proofreading, and I love grammar more than I probably should.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:58 AM
I can contact you after I'm out of work...I can't access MySpace from here, and my e-mail has been a bit wonky lately...

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Cool dont forget to pass it on.

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
shameless bump!

I know you can jot down some thoughts for the cause folks!!

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
anyone good any good suggestions on where else i can advertise this project??

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
hey, I just contacted you on MySpace...

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 05:55 PM
i gotta run out real quick I'll check that myspace in a bit.

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
okay! mailed you back with details and accepted your friends request. Along with the first entry I recieved from a 51 year old woman from Alabama. A nice poem.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Yay!! Let's make this a reality, people!! Come on and send us your submissions!!!

liberteebell
06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
revolutionman: In response to your PM (I couldn't respond via PM; the error message said that you do not accept PMs)

I just marked this thread so I could come back to it later (was running out the door when I saw it). Just last night, I was thinking that I should write a letter to Ron Paul, thanking him for what he has unwittingly done for my three children.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought they could learn so much about individual liberty and the Constitution (in such a short period of time!), not to mention the fact that they're actually excited about politics and working for the future of the country! My 14 year old daughter is even talking about running for office some day. :D

I mean, we now often discuss the bill of rights or politics in general over our evening meal. It's nearly impossible to describe what this means to me.

I'll do my best to write up something (time is an issue for me), but I'll work on it.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
If anyone is willing to help create a non-MySpace website for this, it would be appreciated! Right now, it's only on MySpace, and we need to reach a much larger audience.

Thanks for your submissions!!

revolutionman
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
revolutionman: In response to your PM (I couldn't respond via PM; the error message said that you do not accept PMs)

I just marked this thread so I could come back to it later (was running out the door when I saw it). Just last night, I was thinking that I should write a letter to Ron Paul, thanking him for what he has unwittingly done for my three children.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought they could learn so much about individual liberty and the Constitution (in such a short period of time!), not to mention the fact that they're actually excited about politics and working for the future of the country! My 14 year old daughter is even talking about running for office some day. :D

I mean, we now often discuss the bill of rights or politics in general over our evening meal. It's nearly impossible to describe what this means to me.

I'll do my best to write up something (time is an issue for me), but I'll work on it.

There is no rush, I honestly dont expect to have this thing done any time soon. But its good to know people are receptive to the idea.

i thought i had fixed the PM thing. I'll have to re examine my options tomorrow.

I'll reitterate what Cindy has said...

If anyone can help us put together an official site for this project, it would be much appreciated. if anyone has a site and could advertise this project for us, or if you have a big face book or myspace friends list, if you'd be willing to snap off a bulletin with the projects info in it, it would all help tremendously.

i think this is a golden opportunity to preserve our thoughts and sentiments for fututre generations. So in 300 years when school children look upon our legacy, as we look upon the legacy of our forefathers, they will have this volume, so they might know exactly how we thought, and how we pulled this off.

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Please keep bumped for people who may have missed this! Thanks!!

DeadtoSin
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
This is going to be something I'll be participating in. I've been busy lately, but I hope to get something done for it.

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 04:58 AM
THanks for the support! Please keep this bumped...

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
bump for submissions...

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
bumpity bump...this is an awesome project!

revolutionman
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
well I've got two entries, that will add up to about 3 pages worth of material thus far, and i have 4 more pledge pieces in the works.

I was a bit concerned yesterday at the prospect of this idea, but all things considered the first 24 hours were about as good for this project as any. Day two is already better and its only noon.

Cheers folks! Thanks for the submissions.

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
well I've got two entries, that will add up to about 3 pages worth of material thus far, and i have 4 more pledge pieces in the works.

I was a bit concerned yesterday at the prospect of this idea, but all things considered the first 24 hours were about as good for this project as any. Day two is already better and its only noon.

Cheers folks! Thanks for the submissions.

Not to worry...I still have to post the info. to all of the meet-up groups I belong to (I actually JUST posted the message to my main group a few seconds ago). I'll tak care of the rest after work!

Submissions make us happy!! :D

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 01:21 PM
bump for liberty submissions!

revolutionman
07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I cant believe more forum members are not taking advantage. Does anyone have constructive criticism to offer up??

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 04:44 PM
bump!

SnappleLlama
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
bump because I'm in a bad mood :mad:

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 06:25 AM
bump because I found some coffee :)

revolutionman
07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
A Bump For Good Behavior

revolutionman
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm almost done with my submission

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Bump for chocolate chip cookies!!!

revolutionman
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
here is some inspiration for those who want to finish a little something before they voice their willingness to participate.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/help/constRedir.html

SnappleLlama
07-02-2008, 07:39 PM
bump out of desperation...

revolutionman
07-03-2008, 05:22 AM
bump bump bump

acptulsa
07-03-2008, 06:23 AM
I cant believe more forum members are not taking advantage. Does anyone have constructive criticism to offer up??

No, but I'm curious just what it is you're after. I'd happily submit, but don't exactly know what to say.

Letters are wonderful, and so is the idea. If you've ever read letters between Mr. and Mrs. John Adams you know what a great idea this is. Nonetheless, snail mail probably hasn't transmitted the bulk of the passion of our quest. Did you consider both carrying on the tradition and breaking it all at once? Would internet posts and threads work?

As I say, I don't know what your book needs to work--and maybe 'till you get submissions you don't either. But if you see anything in my post history that you think would work for you, please let me know and I'll be happy to flesh it out and polish it.

revolutionman
07-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Your right. I have no idea what I'm after. I know there is plenty of passionate and intelligent senitment and opinion here in the threads, I guess I was hoping people would focus that same energy into short letters, stories, poems, speeches, whatever really as long as its not more than 5 or so pages long.

I have never put togeter a book before, so you guess is as good as mine as far as what a Publish will expect, but when i have something resembling a complete product, I will try and pitch it to Publishers. I imagine from many rejections, I'll be able to fine tune it as needed in order to finally get a deal. being a novice, I'll probably take whatever deal comes my way, just to get this book done. I'm not interested in making a penny off the book anyway, any money i do make will be put toward another Revolution related project.

I'll be the first to admit, that I'd feel more comfortable if some one with experience in this field would pop up and take the reigns, but since no one with said experience seems to be around, or interested, I'm gonna do whatever i can to get it done. I'd rather the book be authentic, but if i have to write 20 pieces under pseudonymes to get it filled out, I'll do it.

My ultimate goal with this book is to show the general public, that were are filled with resolve that isn't going anywhere any time soon. Another goal, is to express our thoughts and opinions to eachother and to future generations of this movement. i want to preserve our sentiment, ambition, and resolve so that it may inspire others now and in the future. I have a feeling that most people are skeptical about the sucess of this movement, they are weary and uncertain, but this history in the making folks.

Power percieved is Power achieved people, if we act like we've already won, its only a matter of time before we actually win. What better way to sell our percieved power than to push out positive media with a historical spin.

I'll let you know if I see anything in your post history. if you have any particular thread topics or posts that your proud of, that would be a great place to start.

acptulsa
07-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Well, I love it, revolutionman, but I've never done such a thing either. Thing is, one thing I'm sure of is too many cooks would spoil the broth. Look over some threads and see what grabs you. If any of mine do, I'll be honored and will tailor them to a paper format, so to speak. But only you can set the direction for this work, I think.

Nonetheless, I think people could stand to make suggestions... Anyone?

I just thought of one. GunnyFreedom posted a rough draft of his convention speech here. I'll see if I can find it.

revolutionman
07-03-2008, 07:29 AM
thanks tons, for your words of wisdom. The weekend is my busy period so anything guiding will have to wait till monday or teusday for the most part, but i definately understand what your saying.

SnappleLlama
07-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Yay for creativity! I'm still working on my piece, revolutionman!

acptulsa
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I just thought of one. GunnyFreedom posted a rough draft of his convention speech here. I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127329&highlight=gunnyfreedom+NC

revolutionman
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks! I'll read that right now while i listen to some Freedom Rock.

revolutionman
07-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I wrote him asking if i can use that, thats a great example, it doesn't have to be all fiery and played up. Straight for the gut and right tto the point, thats more our style. And thats part of what i wanna reflect.

revolutionman
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
today was a good day down at the beach. Sold a lot of floats and sand toys.

SnappleLlama
07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
bump for great justice!

SnappleLlama
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Bump!!!

SnappleLlama
07-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Bump for intravenous caffeine fixes!

SnappleLlama
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Anyone is welcome to contribute...

SnappleLlama
07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Bump because we need someone to create a website that is not on MySpace :(

I fear we're not reaching as many people as we could if we just had a regular website.

revolutionman
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I agree. Having our own site would be ideal, however its come to my attention that my status as a relative unknown in this community may also be an obstacle. I'm not a publicly recognized person nor have I been active in any or aspect of the campaign until now. I could see how some people might not be willing to put in effort because they may not take me seriously.

That's a shame, because we all get our feet wet at some point. We all shimmy around on our hands and knees before we can walk. Never the less, I'm above holding rational behavior against people. I'll just put in the work, with the assistance of Cindy and anyone else we may pick up along the way. Then whenever we finish up and get this project out there people will come to understand what I'm about.

I did manage to get another submission today!
That's always good.

Cheers!
Jay

SnappleLlama
07-10-2008, 08:06 AM
BUMP for SUBMISSIONS!