PDA

View Full Version : Condoleezza Rice calls Constitution a "Birth Defect"

Joe3113
06-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Well I just got my new July/August 2008 edition of 'Foreign Affairs', the journal of the Council on Foreign Relations. The featured article is called 'The New American Realism' by your charming US Secretary of State, Ms Condoleezza Rice.

I had a read and it is a lunatic diatribe about 'democratizing' the whole world via an massively interventionist foreign policy. The phrase 'international order' appears at least 10 times. The term 'democracy' appears in every other sentence.

To top it off, she calls the Constitution a 'birth defect' that 'reduced my ancestors each to three-fifths of a man'.

What about all the Iraqi kids you reduced to three-fifths, by blowing off their limbs Ms Rice?

LibertyEagle
06-30-2008, 06:21 AM
I used to take that journal, years ago, and it just about made me sick to my stomach. Then of course, if you tried telling someone about what they were talking about over at the dear 'ol CFR, they would just laugh.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 06:27 AM
The current government are "corporate fascists."

Why should that be surprising?

Study Mussolini.

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 06:42 AM
I don't think she's the only person of color who resents the Constitution in its original form. Obviously the foes of our republic of, by and for the people are taking advantage of her color and using her to spread their whisper campaign against it.

To fight this where we come across it, I heartily suggest we remind people that the Constitution officially no longer says that. Truly. There have been amendments. They make the Constitution a living document.

I hope I can still do the quote marks justice from memory:

"One may as well make a man wear the suit of clothes he had as a boy as force an enlightened people to live by the laws and paradigms of their barbarous ancestors."--Thomas Jefferson, advocating the amendment system for the Constitution.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't think she's the only person of color who resents the Constitution in its original form. Obviously the foes of our republic of, by and for the people are taking advantage of her color and using her to spread their whisper campaign against it.

To fight this where we come across it, I heartily suggest we remind people that the Constitution officially no longer says that. Truly. There have been amendments. They make the Constitution a living document.

"One may as well make a man wear the suit of clothes he had as a boy as force an enlightened people to live by the laws and paradigms of their barbarous ancestors."--Thomas Jefferson, advocating the amendment system for the Constitution.

Your candor is sardonic and somehow politically correct...

Hope you are satisfied.

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 06:51 AM
If I were a black person or a woman, I would likely feel the same way.

The truth is when we setup the shining beacon on the hill, it was only designed to maximize liberty for white males. Women and blacks most definitely did not have their rights protected in the same manner and had to fight for the same.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Say what you mean.

I resent "Doublethink."

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 06:55 AM

The truth is when we setup the shining beacon on the hill, it was only designed to maximize liberty for white males. Women and blacks most definitely did not have their rights protected in the same manner and had to fight for the same.

Maybe the United Nations should set a compass.

A "guilt scale."

Certain people are "owed" special "kudos."

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 07:00 AM
"The only stable state is one in which all men are equal by law.

Aristotle ---

Joe3113
06-30-2008, 07:03 AM

Which is why focusing on the Constitution only is dangerous ... you should argue on the morality of individual liberty and make the constitution an accompanying argument.

Ron Paul has said numerous times that the Constitution 'is far from perfect'. Eminent domain being an obvious example. It's just easy to use it because it is a convenient soundbyte argument for the American Idol-watching public that has a 2-second attention span. And no, I'm not suggesting Australia is any better in this area. We have Australian Idol unfortunately. :mad:

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Maybe the United Nations should set a compass.

A "guilt scale."

Certain people are "owed" special "kudos."

I'm not sure what you are talking about......again

This has nothing to do with the U.N. A free person rightfully pointed out that the constitution had serious flaws in it's application for all people. Anything else she says or believes has nothing to do with my reply.

FindLiberty
06-30-2008, 07:10 AM
It's easy, just sandwich alternating layers of old 'Foreign Affairs' and 'The New American' magazines in a stack.
Use an 8 1/2 X 11" aluminum foil "plate" at the top and bottom to drain the energy wasted between these opposite philosophical poles.

WARNING: There is always a risk of spontaneous combustion and profound mental confusion whenever these two magazines are placed side by side.

nobody's_hero
06-30-2008, 07:12 AM
MLK was a black man, and he knew well the principles on which this country was founded. That is evident in his speeches. He also knew that actually applying those principles, was a great deal more challenging (and far more rewarding) than simply believing in them or talking about them. But he never stopped trying.

We have been given a great opportunity. As strong as we are, this is still a very young country. Our lessons learned have been difficult. The lessons still to learn are great in number. We have a lot of room to grow.

EDIT: Watch it! Promote it! Live it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jYyttEu_NLU&feature=related

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm not sure what you are talking about......again

This has nothing to do with the U.N. A free person rightfully pointed out that the constitution had serious flaws in it's application for all people. Anything else she says or believes has nothing to do with my reply.

What I am saying is...

The same thing Ron Paul advocates.

All people are created equal.

Historical guilt, hiring quotas, bussing, and so called "equal opportunity" quotas achieve nothing.

Except resentment and subjugation of peoples.

Maybe we agree or disagree.

I'm not sure.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 07:20 AM

To respond to Mz. Condoleezza Rice's simple response about her socalled ancestors, one would have to write a book. But being she is a professor it should be expected that she is set in her ways regardless.
Besides, we shouldn't blame Mz. Rice for her cartoonish views of reality or even the system who has taught her to think such annimated thoughts. It is the bugless air conditioned thinking altogether and the apparent concrete foundation of our modern world which perpetuate the fallacies. These fallacies rarely consider that the entire population of our world today are the offspring of only 4% of its entire population just 500 years ago. This means 96% of the world not only suffered tremendously in the past but went extinct.
So, "blackness" should not be a symbol of black suffering but, if anything, human suffering.
Still, Mz. Rice is beyond hope. When debating pretty women like her one should fall back on their chess skills.

Opening move: Take her flowers.
Midgame of developing your pieces: Be quiet and talk about her life.
End game: Get her drunk.

When she is wearing the lampshade, take her home to have your way with her.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Still, Mz. Rice is beyond hope. When debating pretty women like her one should fall back on their chess skills.

Opening moves: Take her flowers.
Developing your pieces: Be quiet and talk about her life.
End game: Get her drunk.

When she is wearing the lampshade, take her home to have your way with her.

Mr. Watkins, you are a peculiar dude.

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 07:35 AM

The truth is when we setup the shining beacon on the hill, it was only designed to maximize liberty for white males. Women and blacks most definitely did not have their rights protected in the same manner and had to fight for the same.As a woman the original Constitution doesn't really bother me. The women in Revolutionary times were influential in their own ways. Feminism has stripped the traditional woman of her primary value to society-- raising a cohesive family.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 07:40 AM
MLK was a black man, and he knew well the principles on which this country was founded. That is evident in his speeches. He also knew that actually applying those principles, was a great deal more challenging (and far more rewarding) than simply believing in them or talking about them. But he never stopped trying.

We have been given a great opportunity. As strong as we are, this is still a very young country. Our lessons learned have been difficult. The lessons still to learn are great in number. We have a lot of room to grow.

EDIT: Watch it! Promote it! Live it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jYyttEu_NLU&feature=related

What principles did MLK know? What is evident in his speeches? What great opportunity? What lessons have been learned by us?

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 07:44 AM
As a woman the original Constitution doesn't really bother me. The women in Revolutionary times were influential in their own ways. Feminism has stripped the traditional woman of her primary valueS to society-- raising a cohesive family...

...and civilizing her man so he's also worth something to society. Don't forget that very time-honored feminine duty!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Mr. Watkins, you are a peculiar dude.

You mispelled the word "typical." It isn't spelt "peculiar" which is a common mistake made by naive young women. Sound it out. "T-y-p-i-c-a-l."

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 07:53 AM
...and civilizing her man so he's also worth something to society. Don't forget that very time-honored feminine duty!

Well said.

Feminism was necessary.

It woke men up.

Made things better... For the most part.

But men need special attention.

Good women understand this.:)

amy31416
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM

So that's what I've been missing all this time? I always tried to treat men as if they were adults who didn't need to be told what to do. No wonder they always act so uncivilized, it's actually my fault!

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Bring back chivalry!

Dr.3D
So that's what I've been missing all this time? I always tried to treat men as if they were adults who didn't need to be told what to do. No wonder they always act so uncivilized, it's actually my fault!

Yes it is and you should have known better. :D

LittleLightShining
It woke men up.

Made things better... For the most part.How did it wake men up?

But men need special attention.

Good women understand this.:)We do.

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 07:59 AM
You mispelled the word "typical." It isn't spelt "peculiar" which is a common mistake made by naive young women. Sound it out. "T-y-p-i-c-a-l."

Lol. Uncle Em, you stand out even on a forum chocked full of a lack of "typical". Assuming you could stuff yourself into a mold, why would you want to? Just so you can give a damn who makes next week's American Idol?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:00 AM

It's not your fault.

We're bastards.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:02 AM
It's not your fault.

We're bastards.

Only because testosterone makes the brain less efficient.
But please use tact when correcting the male psyche.

amy31416

You are anything but typical. :p

And that's a good thing.

sophocles07
I think it should be pretty obvious that if the document defined you as 3/5 of a person you'd be pretty displeased about it.

BUT: one should be able to parse that out and look at the other 98% (take out income tax etc) that is perfect.

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
So that's what I've been missing all this time? I always tried to treat men as if they were adults who didn't need to be told what to do. No wonder they always act so uncivilized, it's actually my fault!I used to think so, too. Then I got married and had kids and I realized that there isn't a whole lot of difference in the maintenance department. They all have "needs" and my efficient response contributes greatly to a harmonious home.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
How did it wake men up?

We do.

I'm an enlightened man.

I will never be a metro sexual.

Besides...

My experience says...

Women prefer blokes.

In real life.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 08:04 AM

Master professor Plato was causing havoc in the real world of Greece because his teachings of granting women equality and slaves freedom were leaking out from the classroom to infect the real world of Greece.
This is why Aristotle later created the "golden mean" which was the first graphical spectrum used to isolate a person's political beliefs. Aristotle's idea was that a Greek could use the spectrum to maintain a moderate political viewpoint by avoiding extremism. While he saw the virtue in Plato using extreme examples to teach his students in the class room, he also saw how destructive and impractical such views were in the Greek world at that time.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Yes it is and you should have known better. :D

I learn new things every day. Now shape up! (Or something like that, I'm new at this.)

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm an enlightened man.

Besides...

My experience says...

Women prefer blokes.

In real life.What kind of answer is this? Feminism woke you up so that you would not spend more time primping than a teenage girl?

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
I learn new things every day. Now shape up! (Or something like that, I'm new at this.)

We respond better to bribes.

You need to say something like this:
(Now shape up or you won't get a cookie.)

micahnelson
06-30-2008, 08:08 AM
You know it is interesting, the reason blacks were defined as 3/5ths and not a whole person was because of the people who opposed slavery.

The southern slave states wanted the entire population counted for representation, so they wanted to count the slaves to give them more power in the house of representatives. Since states decide how voting is handled they didn't actually have to allow the entire population to vote.

The anti-slavery states did not want the slaves to count at all, since the southern states treated them as property they should not have the benefit of counting them for political power.

People often miss this, but if they had been counted as full persons the chances of liberty for them would decrease because political power would have been tilted towards their captors. If they had been counted as nonpersons in the constitution, their representation would have increased- since their representation came from the anti-slave north.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Seriously.

There is a difference between what women say they want in a man, and what they they really mean.

Throw the cat amongst the pigeons...

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 08:09 AM
You know it is interesting, the reason blacks were defined as 3/5ths and not a whole person was because of the people who opposed slavery.

The southern slave states wanted the entire population counted for representation, so they wanted to count the slaves to give them more power in the house of representatives. Since states decide how voting is handled they didn't actually have to allow the entire population to vote.

The anti-slavery states did not want the slaves to count at all, since the southern states treated them as property they should not have the benefit of counting them for political power.

People often miss this, but if they had been counted as full persons the chances of liberty for them would decrease because political power would have been tilted towards their captors. If they had been counted as nonpersons in the constitution, their representation would have increased- since their representation came from the anti-slave north.That's an excellent point.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:09 AM
We respond better to bribes.

You need to say something like this:
(Now shape up or you won't get a cookie.)

Makes perfect sense. I'm downloading this new information into the psyche and will be incorporating it (hopefully) appropriately.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
What kind of answer is this? Feminism woke you up so that you would not spend more time primping than a teenage girl?

Gut me cause I make a comment.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Makes perfect sense. I'm downloading this new information into the psyche and will be incorporating it (hopefully) appropriately.

Money???

Provider.

Being a Neanderathal ain't easy.

tonesforjonesbones
06-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Condeleeza Rice seems to be trying to get a job with the new administration. All the sudden she's gotten on this race kick. The Founding Fathers had to compromise a lot of what was in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in order to get it radified...that was the main issue..but they left the loophole for the future generations in that it can be amended. It has to be BIG to be amended though..and I submit getting an amendment radified these days would be near impossible. This is why the polecats in Washington keep circumventing it...they know it too. TONES

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Gut me cause I make a comment.Sorry- not trying to gut you. I just wanted more of an explanation as to how feminism "woke men up".

amy31416
Money???

Provider.

Money? Je ne parles pas neanderthal.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
I'm an enlightened man.

Besides...

My experience says...

Women prefer blokes.

In real life.

Do you whistle from the pouch of your kangaroo or do you whip the hopping thing while straddling it?

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:17 AM

Ugg...
'Cookie' may be substituted with whatever one may find appropriate at the time.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:17 AM

I deserve that.:)

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 08:20 AM

Truly a thankless task.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Ugg...
'Cookie' may be substituted with whatever one may find appropriate at the time.

Good to know. :)

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry- not trying to gut you. I just wanted more of an explanation as to how feminism "woke men up".

I'm interested in debate.

I'll answer that question shortly.

But I can't think. I'm confused.

I think about sex every ten seconds...

Give me a moment.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm interested in debate.

I'll answer that question shortly.

But I can't think. I'm confused.

I think about sex every ten seconds...

Give me a moment.

You know there are ways to overcome that problem, right?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Do you whistle from the pouch of your kangaroo or do you whip the hopping thing while straddling it?

I go riding every morning.

Searching for jack-asses.

Care to volunteer?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM

Really!

Please explain.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Really!

Please explain.

I'll leave that you your imagination.
Just consider the times when you don't have sex on your mind and go from there.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:26 AM

Can't wait to hear this Doctor! :D

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 08:27 AM

If it ever happens I'll let you know.

Yeah, Condi's angling for a job, all right. And if she gets one, we'll know just what it is she's working for.

Double dubya and a pox upon the nation, to be specific.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:29 AM

100 bottles of beer on the wall. Count them down. Pass them around...

I'm getting it.

Think I'll design a bridge.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Can't wait to hear this Doctor! :D

Consider the use of saltpeter by the military. It is said they used to put it in the milk. (Don't know for a fact it was really done or if it is being done now.)

Then there is Dr. Kellogg and his mystical cereal.

Edit: Please refer to this link (http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Dr._Kellogg#Anti-masturbation_writings)

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Consider the use of saltpeter by the military. It is said they used to put it in the milk. (Don't know for a fact it was really done or if it is being done now.)

They're still using potassium nitrate in plenty of things. :eek:

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:37 AM

I reckon that technique has been abandoned.

Put my ass on the line...

Steroids. Please.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
I reckon that technique has been abandoned.

Put my ass on the line...

Steroids. Please.

Judging from the pregnant soldiers, I would wager you are correct.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Steroids. Please.

Oh hell no!

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:42 AM
They're still using potassium nitrate in plenty of things. :eek:

Most men are good. I will not take potassium nitrate to prove it.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Steroids. Please.

One could opt for an orchidectomy. :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh hell no!

A Tank. Heavy Metal.

All the steroids I need!

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Most men are good. I will not take potassium nitrate to prove it.

No need to prove anything, not with steroids or saltpeter. :)

hopeforamerica
06-30-2008, 08:44 AM
As a woman the original Constitution doesn't really bother me. The women in Revolutionary times were influential in their own ways. Feminism has stripped the traditional woman of her primary value to society-- raising a cohesive family.

Amen!

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM

And remember to spay and neuter your pets, folks!

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM

Perhaps cerebral cortex musings?

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Perhaps cerebral cortex musings?

If that would keep your mind off of sex, fine. :)

tonesforjonesbones
06-30-2008, 08:48 AM
This thread has gone to crap lololl TONES

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Condeleeza Rice seems to be trying to get a job with the new administration. All the sudden she's gotten on this race kick. The Founding Fathers had to compromise a lot of what was in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in order to get it radified...that was the main issue..but they left the loophole for the future generations in that it can be amended. It has to be BIG to be amended though..and I submit getting an amendment radified these days would be near impossible. This is why the polecats in Washington keep circumventing it...they know it too. TONES

Doesn't "ammend" mean "clarify?" That is why we adopted the 2 party system. The 2 party system pitted those founding fathers who wanted the Constitution with those founding fathers who wanted to alter it to the point that it no longer existed.
We forget that a master class doesn't need freedom and rights because they already have it. So, many in our new nation didn't need the Constitution as they didn't need the "Bill of Rights." If you already have rights at the dinner table, how will rights help your position? Uhm . . . they won't. They will hurt your position at the dinner table over time. Oops. While natural rights might look good for most, they don't look good for the people who already enjoy such privileges.
While the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution go beyond being just formal documents to being legal ones, a divorce decree and a marriage decree are legal documents after all, most attorneys give the finger to such a notion. From their corrupt point of view, the only true power is the power of tyranny.
Very few lawyers understand how the self evident truths and the unalienable rights create a greater power than the lessor corrupt powers of tyranny. I think Abraham Lincoln understood as Gandhi later understood. The latter stepped down from his high position as a lawyer -- the livelihood he inherited because of the position of his Hindu birth -- to determine that he was going to clean his own Hindu toilet -- the only job an "untouchble" Indian could find in Hindu society as they were outcaste even by the lowest Hindu members, the reincarnated worms, of the slave class in India.
After all is said and done, we are in the dark as American judges without having both of our formal documents to juxtapose to each other; for, while the "tyrant" is defined in the Declaration of Independence, the new proper "king" is defined in the U.S. Constitution.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 08:51 AM

Yes, this thread is thoroughly 'jacked. ;)

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 08:52 AM

I disagree.

What's wrong with banter?

Between the sexes.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM

Sure is, just what kind of 'jacked' is the question. :D

tonesforjonesbones
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM
loll...well. Heres the deal.. if you mention Abraham Lincoln to a southerner..a couple of things come to mind...polecat and Big Government . TONES

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
loll...well. Heres the deal.. if you mention Abraham Lincoln to a southerner..a couple of things come to mind...polecat and Big Government . TONES

Unless he is a male and thinking about sex. :D

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
"No one will ever win the battle of the sexes as there is too much fraternization with the enemy."--Dr. Henry Kissinger

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 08:57 AM

It would either be jacked or dead by now. How long does it take a group of smart, liberty minded people to thoroughly burn Rice?

tonesforjonesbones
06-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Ya'll need to go take a cold shower. TONES

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 08:59 AM
It would either be jacked or dead by now. How long does it take a group of smart, liberty minded people to thoroughly burn Rice?

Rice won't burn if prepared properly.
I made some the other night.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Sure is, just what kind of 'jacked' is the question. :D

It works on so many levels, doesn't it? :p

Conza88
06-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Condasleeza Rice is a bitch.

Ok, please proceed. ;)

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Rice won't burn if prepared properly.

Dr. 3D: Do you really think Condoleeza Rice was prepared properly?

Tones: Don't make me bump you girls' thread satirizing Obama Swooners. It could get taken out of context.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Condasleeza Rice is a bitch.

Ok, please proceed. ;)

True dat. And to think I respected her long ago and far away.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:04 AM
It seems a bit "churlish," that a conversation regarding feminism and relations, are hi- jacked by some. Not exactly ground-breaking research.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:04 AM

Tones: Don't make me bump you girls' thread satirizing Obama Swooners. It could get taken out of context.

Well, the way I prepare Condolezza Rice is to cook the rice and then add a can of Campbells Cheddar Cheese soup and another can of cooked black beans to it.

Works out very well. I know my family have enjoyed that dish quite a few times.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Condoleeza Rice is prepared properly if you're making moo goo gai DEATH to go with it. :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Ya'll need to go take a cold shower. TONES
Give it a rest.:mad:

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, the way I prepare Condolezza Rice is to cook the rice and then add a can of Campbells Cheddar Cheese soup and another can of cooked black beans to it.

Add cheese and beans, eh? Sounds like a recipe designed to enable me to "air" my true feelings about the Dubya administration.

Caution: You are advised to stay upwind during commentary.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 09:08 AM

Works out very well. I know my family have enjoyed that dish quite a few times.

Wait! A recipe that adds rice with Campbells Cheddar Chese and another can of black beans? No wonder Condoleezza looks so delicious!

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 09:09 AM
A CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER
http://www.constitution.org/col/cuddy_nwo.htm ;)

"What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven."

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Add cheese and beans, eh? Sounds like a recipe designed to enable me to "air" my true feelings about the Dubya administration.

Helps if you serve a side dish of Broccoli with it. :D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM

Oh no! We've gone from sex to farting!

The honeymoon is over. :mad:

asgardshill
06-30-2008, 09:14 AM

You mean the two are mutually exclusive?

(Just like Michael Corleone in Godfather III, just when I thought I was out, they drag me right back in ...)

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:15 AM

(Just like Michael Corleone in Godfather III, just when I thought I was out, they drag me right back in ...)

Ahh.. beat me to it. :D

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 09:18 AM

The honeymoon is over. :mad:

I come not to praise [this thread], but to bury it.

I love paraphrasing Shakespeare.

asgardshill
06-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Ahh.. beat me to it. :D

Google the term "dutch oven" some time and omit the camping and cooking references. It'll explain a lot. :o

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:20 AM
I come not to praise [this thread], but to bury it.

I love paraphrasing Shakespeare.

Ahh... what is called a fart by any other name would still smell the same.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:20 AM

This goes full circle to acptulsa's revelation that chicks are supposed to "civilize" the men.

NO COOKIE FOR YOU!

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:22 AM
"Ask others about themselves, at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself."

Mortimer Adler ---

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
This goes full circle to acptulsa's revelation that chicks are supposed to "civilize" the men.

NO COOKIE FOR YOU!

Men and women are different.

Women civilize men.

That is a fact.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Women civilize men.

That is a fact.

It may very well be too big of a job for the likes of me. :D

bucfish
06-30-2008, 09:30 AM

Women civilize men.

That is a fact.

Except for Condi!

She is so misguided and evil spews forth for her. Just think she used to run Stanford.

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:31 AM

Well, it does take a sense of humor. :D
I think you may be suited to the task.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Unfortunately, for women, men can be a curse.

But you are still attracted to us.

Why?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM

I doubt it.:D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, it does take a sense of humor. :D
I think you may be suited to the task.

That I do have, even when it comes to farting. :)

So if women "civilize" men, what do men do for women? Or is this a one-way street? :p

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:35 AM

So if women "civilize" men, what do men do for women? Or is this a one-way street? :p

It may be a one-way street unless you have your own goals and can find a way to get men to help you with them.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Grunt. Biceps.

And...

I forget.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Tolerate and allow them to live, in spite of everything! :D

Men = Mars, Women = Venus. ;)

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately, for women, men can be a curse.

But you are still attracted to us.

Why?

Good question. Biology is one of the reasons. Lifting heavy stuff is another.

Beyond that, it has to do with who a person is as an individual.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Tolerate and allow them to live, in spite of everything! :D

Men = Mars, Women = Venus. ;)

Ha. I'd say that we allow you Martians to live in spite of everything. :D

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM

And to squish the spiders for you! :D

Dr.3D
06-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Lifting heavy stuff is another.

Well, you need to be prepared to hear an occasional fart when getting men to lift heavy stuff for you. :D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
And squish the spiders for you! :D

Oh definitely! A man's most important role in my book--just gotta train you so you don't squish them and muck up the paint with spider guts.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Well, you need to be prepared to hear an occasional fart when getting men to lift heavy stuff for you. :D

Eh, if you're doing me a favor, you won't catch me complaining about such trivialties--so long as I'm not downwind. :)

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh, women want a Neanderthal. They just want one that will put up with being dressed in a frilly shirt, waistcoat and tights for the Freedom March. The civilized animal. That's the great appeal of Shakespeare, after all.

MERCUTIO:
If love be blind, love cannot hit the mark.

Now, for those of you who lack the imagination, don't have dirty enough minds, or just can't believe that something your high school English teacher made you read could ever be about something real, Mercutio is being (as usual) quite raunchy here. But he's making such an elegant job of it, isn't he?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM

This is true. Every 10 seconds I think about women.

Then I want to build a bridge, or the worlds tallest sky-scraper.

Is that your opinion of me? I would hate to be facetious.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Judging by the comments.

Emasculated men must be in vogue.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Now, for those of you who lack the imagination, don't have dirty enough minds, or just can't believe that something your high school English teacher made you read could ever be about something real, Mercutio is being (as usual) quite raunchy here. But he's making such an elegant job of it, isn't he?

My HS English teacher had us reading plenty of veiled raunch. For instance, we were assigned selections from The Canterbury Tales. I read the whole thing and one thing that still stands out is a selection describing a whore sticking her ass out a window and farting on someone.

It was stated a bit more eloquently, but the idea is the same.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Oh definitely! A man's most important role in my book--just gotta train you so you don't squish them and muck up the paint with spider guts.
Cleaning is in YOUR "role" script. :D

amy31416
Judging by the comments.

Emasculated men must be in vogue.

Maybe for some, but I'm particularly tired of metrosexual types. If I wanted to date a girl, I'd be a lesbian.

Dr.3D
My HS English teacher had us reading plenty of veiled raunch. For instance, we were assigned selections from The Canterbury Tales. I read the whole thing and one thing that still stands out is a selection describing a whore sticking her ass out a window and farting on someone.

Wow, I remember that part of the book too. There was something about the blast being enough to knock the guy down.

Edit: and also it was dark and she was asking the guy for a kiss.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Xavier Hollander ( The Happy Hooker ).

Did it for me.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe for some, but I'm particularly tired of metrosexual types. If I wanted to date a girl, I'd be a lesbian.

Somehow...

I'm not disturbed.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Cleaning is in YOUR "role" script. :D

Haha. Yes. But it's also my "role" to train men to my liking, and part of that is getting you to not only squish the spider, but to do it in such a manner that doesn't create work for me, so I'll have more time to bake cookies. :D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, I remember that part of the book too. There was something about the blast being enough to knock the guy down.

Edit: and also it was dark and she was asking the guy for a kiss.

Yes that's right! Funny how certain authors can paint a picture so vivid that you never forget it.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Haha. Yes. But it's also my "role" to train men to my liking, and part of that is getting you to not only squish the spider, but to do it in such a manner that doesn't create work for me, so I'll have more time to bake cookies. :D

Sorry to jump in.

But...

You understand men. :D

Dr.3D
Yes that's right! Funny how certain authors can paint a picture so vivid that you never forget it.

Ahh... I had time to find a bit of that:

Now Nicholas had risen for a piss,
And thought he could improve upon the jape
And make him kiss his arse ere he escape,
And opening the window with a jerk,
Stuck out his arse, a handsome piece of work,
Buttocks and all, as far as to the haunch.

Said Absalon, all set to make a launch,
“Speak, pretty bird, I know not where thou art!”
This Nicholas at once let fly a fart
As loud as if it were a thunder-clap.
He [Absalon] was near blinded by the blast, poor chap,
But his hot iron was ready; with a thump
He smote him [Nicholas] in the middle of the rump. (104-105)

angelatc
As a woman the original Constitution doesn't really bother me. The women in Revolutionary times were influential in their own ways. Feminism has stripped the traditional woman of her primary value to society-- raising a cohesive family.

There certainly was some negative effect, housing prices and wages come to mind. But feminism hasn't stripped anybody of anything. It enabled women to choose.

I am not convinced that the traditional role is necessarily the best role. I think that as individuals we have the right to make decisions about these things for ourselves. Obligations for societal reasons are liberal-think.

Feminism enabled women to vote, to attend college, to have bank accounts without their husbands permission. It enabled them to have resources to leave abusive relationships.

In the good old days, the woman *was* essentially a child.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
You understand men. :D

Hahahaha. . .I don't know about that. :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 10:04 AM
There certainly was some negative effect, housing prices and wages come to mind. But feminism hasn't stripped anybody of anything. It enabled women to choose.

I am not convinced that the traditional role is necessarily the best role. I think that as individuals we have the right to make decisions about these things for ourselves. Obligations for societal reasons are liberal-think.

Feminism enabled women to vote, to attend college, to have bank accounts without their husbands permission. It enabled them to have resources to leave abusive relationships.

In the good old days, the woman *was* essentially a child.

I agree with most things you say.

In some ways I disagree.

I was raised to "cherish" women. Todays men do not.

angelatc
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM

I was always a reader....I remember in a HS School lit class we read a short story. Can't remember the name of it, but a guy in a wagon goes door-to-door mending pots, I think. When he arrives, the woman was in the garden, and during the initial conversation, the woman is taking off her outer clothing, and ends up in a position suited to give him a blow job. Which she didn't do, but the whole scene was so overtly sexual I was shocked. (Shocked, I tell you!) When class was over I ran to my friends and said "Oh my gosh, can you believe how horny that woman was?" and they looked at me like I was an alien.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Ahh... I had time to find a bit of that:

That takes me back! I've thought about going back and reading a lot of the stuff I was assigned in HS that I remember liking a lot, just to see if it still holds up.

Things like:

The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
The Sound and the Fury
To Kill a Mockingbird

I will not, however, read Moby Dick, ever again--I had to white knuckle my way through that book. I hated it.

angelatc
06-30-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree with most things you say.

In some ways I disagree.

I was raised to "cherish" women. Todays men do not.

I wonder how much of that is the result of absentee fathers. My husband teaches our boys things like letting girls go first, opening doors, etc etc....things I would simply never think of.

acptulsa

Our quest here is essentially to find a way to move forward in what truly is a brave new world without giving up certain highly desirable things--particularly Constitutional rights--in the name of "progress". Or, to ensure our progress really is progress, not regression to the dark ages. So, we discuss these things. It doesn't mean we want to turn back the clock.

Yeah, Chaucer didn't have any class. We just think he did because we have to translate his Middle English before we can see how little class he had. Now Shakespeare, he was da chit:

Why, is not this better now than groaning for love?
now art thou sociable, now art thou Romeo; now art
thou what thou art, by art as well as by nature:
for this drivelling love is like a great natural,
that runs lolling up and down to hide his bauble in a hole.

Truth Warrior
Several have tried, ZERO have succeeded. ;) :D

angelatc
06-30-2008, 10:09 AM

Personally, I am tired of super short hair and bald guys. If I wanted to date a skinhead, I'd be a racist.

(or something...)

I want the 70's back. Well, maybe not the leisure suits though.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I was always a reader....I remember in a HS School lit class we read a short story. Can't remember the name of it, but a guy in a wagon goes door-to-door mending pots, I think. When he arrives, the woman was in the garden, and during the initial conversation, the woman is taking off her outer clothing, and ends up in a position suited to give him a blow job. Which she didn't do, but the whole scene was so overtly sexual I was shocked. (Shocked, I tell you!) When class was over I ran to my friends and said "Oh my gosh, can you believe how horny that woman was?" and they looked at me like I was an alien.

I don't recall that, so I daresay I didn't read it. Ring a bell for anyone?

I was also always a reader, I read every book my parents had (even the romance novels my aunt brought over for my mother--holy crap is that stuff dirty!)

Going into science kind of ruined reading fiction for me, I got so into reading journals, textbooks and papers that it's now difficult for me to sit down and look at Anna Karenina as much more than a wall of text. My brain is trained to verify the words with graphs and equations. It's kind of weird.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Several have tried, ZERO have succeeded. ;) :D

A relationship is give-and- take.

As long as the bloke has his bollocks.

Life is sweet.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Personally, I am tired of super short hair and bald guys. If I wanted to date a skinhead, I'd be a racist.

(or something...)

Ha! Mustaches and all? :eek:

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 10:15 AM

(or something...)

...or the double digit inflation.
Or The Donnie and Marie Show.
Or Richard Milhaus Nixon.
Or platform shoes for men....

angelatc
06-30-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't recall that, so I daresay I didn't read it. Ring a bell for anyone?

I was also always a reader, I read every book my parents had (even the romance novels my aunt brought over for my mother--holy crap is that stuff dirty!)

Going into science kind of ruined reading fiction for me, I got so into reading journals, textbooks and papers that it's now difficult for me to sit down and look at Anna Karenina as much more than a wall of text. My brain is trained to verify the words with graphs and equations. It's kind of weird.

I can't deal with audio books. I don't have the attention to listen and drive, or listen and clean, and I miss so many of the nuances that make reading a good book the thrill that it is.

Here's the story...

http://www.geocities.com/cyber_explorer99/steinbeckchrysanthemums.html

Elisa's voice grew husky. She broke in on him. "I've never lived as you do, but I know what you mean. When the night is dark—why, the stars are sharp-pointed, and there's quiet. Why, you rise up and up! Every pointed star gets driven into your body. It's like that. Hot and sharp and—lovely."

Kneeling there, her hand went out toward his legs in the greasy black trousers. Her hesitant fingers almost touched the cloth. Then her hand dropped to the ground. She crouched low like a fawning dog.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
A relationship is give-and- take.

As long as the bloke has his bollocks.

Life is sweet. That's what the VENUSIANS SAY! :D ;)

angelatc
06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Ha! Mustaches and all? :eek:

Hee! Mustaches don't bother me. Long sideburns, on the other hand.....shudder.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 10:19 AM
That's what the VENUSIANS SAY! :D ;)

Every Venusian I've ever met...

Has a smile on his face.:D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Our quest here is essentially to find a way to move forward in what truly is a brave new world without giving up certain highly desirable things--particularly Constitutional rights--in the name of "progress". Or, to ensure our progress really is progress, not regression to the dark ages. So, we discuss these things. It doesn't mean we want to turn back the clock.

Yeah, Canterbury didn't have any class. We just think he did because we have to translate his Middle English before we can see how little class he had. Now Shakespeare, he was da chit:

Why, is not this better now than groaning for love?
now art thou sociable, now art thou Romeo; now art
thou what thou art, by art as well as by nature:
for this drivelling love is like a great natural,
that runs lolling up and down to hide his bauble in a hole.

Agreed. Both men and women have made progress over the last 100 years, and I certainly don't want to lose the right to vote, work or get an education. But, I can also understand some of the traditional splitting of the roles and have no problem with it, unless the man views it as "lesser." I honestly think that's where people run into problems. I love to cook and think it takes some talent and artistry, if a man can't respect that, just as I respect the amount of work and artistry it can take to rebuild an engine--there's gonna be problems.

And yeah, Shakespeare has far more class and talent anyday than Chaucer. Chaucer is lewd and base, where Shakespeare is titillating and works on several levels. World of difference.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
The "guys" MOST women REALLY want, already have "boyfriends". ;) :D

amy31416
06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I can't deal with audio books. I don't have the attention to listen and drive, or listen and clean, and I miss so many of the nuances that make reading a good book the thrill that it is.

Here's the story...

http://www.geocities.com/cyber_explorer99/steinbeckchrysanthemums.html

I've never been able to listen to an audio book. Far inferior to actually reading.

Steinbeck! I'll have to read it, that's obviously one of his that I haven't read. Thanks for the link.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Every Venusian I've ever met...

Has a smile on his face.:D So do I, for far different reasons than the VENUSIAN "slaves" ( so called ). ;)

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 10:28 AM
So do I, for far different reasons than the VENUSIAN "guys" ( so called ). ;)

Life is a smorgasbord. :D

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Life is a smorgasbord. :D
I corrected my post.

Do the letters "PW" have any meaning for you? :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I corrected my post.

Do the letters "PW" have any meaning for you? :D

No. I'm 49. I do my best.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 10:43 AM
No. I'm 49. I do my best.
Awwwwwwwww! That's just so cute! :D

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 10:50 AM
What I am saying is...

Historical guilt, hiring quotas, bussing, and so called "equal opportunity" quotas achieve nothing.

I'm not sure.

I'm still not following you.

Someone rightfully pointed out the birth defect that was the constitution.

Look at so many of problems today.....our federal government dictates to the state. Birthright citizenship, out of control corporations that have been granted personhood.

These all stem from the original civil war and the mucked up interpretation of the 14th amendment. We did great damage to a government set up to protect liberty by allowing racist and sexist tendencies to be codified. One could argue that we now reap what we sow.

Yet this thread is intended to vilify a person that dare speak ill of the original document. I'm pointing out that she was totally correct in pointing out the inherent problems with it.

LittleLightShining
06-30-2008, 10:57 AM

In the good old days, the woman *was* essentially a child.Feminism has destroyed the family. The traditional role of woman as mother and wife, keeper of the home, has been destroyed. Not because women wanted options but because a stable family is the bedrock of healthy society. This was designed and carried out on purpose. I would disagree that the woman was more a child. She had a defined role in the family and it was an important one.

I do understand what you mean about independence, resources and choices. These were lacking in the lives of married women. However, even with the advent of feminism women are still trapped in undesirable marriages because of choices they made. That hasn't changed and probably never will.

I just don't see how getting married, having a career, popping out a few kids, putting them in daycare then school, continuing the career, being tired at the end of the day-- too tired to cook or clean or care is somehow an advance for women.

That's certainly not the lifestyle I would want to live. The whole thing is so blown out of whack. We have a new generation of kids who cut themselves and are sexualized at increasingly younger ages... Most kids in America have parents who are divorced or come from households with 2 working parents. These kids have no self-esteem as once was gotten by being a part of a family. The new self-esteem is one based not on accomplishment or talent but an "everyone's special" mentality which debases reality-based self-esteem.

I'm rambling now but a huge part of the problems we face as a society are because mom's not home anymore and the family has fallen apart.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm still not following you.

Someone rightfully pointed out the birth defect that was the constitution.

Look at so many of problems today.....our federal government dictates to the state. Birthright citizenship, out of control corporations that have been granted personhood.

These all stem from the original civil war and the mucked up interpretation of the 14th amendment. We did great damage to a government set up to protect liberty by allowing racist and sexist tendencies to be codified. One could argue that we now reap what we sow.

Yet this thread is intended to vilify a person that dare speak ill of the original document. I'm pointing out that she was totally correct in pointing out the inherent problems with it.

The constitution was written and signed by the fore-fathers, not as a Federalist document, but as a document for Republicanism. "For the People, by the People."

States were supposed to rule.

Laziness got you here. I suggest you grab your muskets, and stop whining.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
LittleLightShining,

I somewhat agree with your sentiments.

But I also respect the status of women in todays world.

I am perplexed in some ways, and respect your post.

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I just don't see how getting married, having a career, popping out a few kids, putting them in daycare then school, continuing the career, being tired at the end of the day-- too tired to cook or clean or care is somehow an advance for women.

Women got tired of being de facto second class citizens, as anyone would. The psychos in charge of the corporations found a way to profit--let inflation regress our wages to the point where it takes two incomes to get by (thereby ensuring that single moms are still screwed)--and as is the wont of psychos, they pounced.

Now the rich are richer and the poor are poorer. And you can't blame the feminists for it.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 11:22 AM

Hmm . . . I think women look prettiest when they have been taught by other women to look arrogant, cool and distant. Rock stars also develop that kind of cool vanity and it works fabulously for them. Likewise, I think this is why women are attracted to arrogant jerks while the reject the "lame" looking guys as leftovers for "lame" looking women.

This is why Plato considered a kind of beauty that is deeper than the outward, carnal expressions that we are attracted to. Obama comes to mind when thinking of the kinds of outward, carnal expressions that many of us are attracted too. He is apple pie in that he epitomizes the pretty woman, the rock star and the arrogant jerk that we are all attracted to as Americans.
In his dialogue entitled "Meno," Plato goes on to describe a greater beauty as a formal "Beauty" by highlighting it with a captial "B." This would be that "best principled" Beauty that we should all discipline ourselves to seek.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Feminism has destroyed the family. The traditional role of woman as mother and wife, keeper of the home, has been destroyed. Not because women wanted options but because a stable family is the bedrock of healthy society. This was designed and carried out on purpose. I would disagree that the woman was more a child. She had a defined role in the family and it was an important one.

I do understand what you mean about independence, resources and choices. These were lacking in the lives of married women. However, even with the advent of feminism women are still trapped in undesirable marriages because of choices they made. That hasn't changed and probably never will.

That's certainly not the lifestyle I would want to live. The whole thing is so blown out of whack. We have a new generation of kids who cut themselves and are sexualized at increasingly younger ages... Most kids in America have parents who are divorced or come from households with 2 working parents. These kids have no self-esteem as once was gotten by being a part of a family. The new self-esteem is one based not on accomplishment or talent but an "everyone's special" mentality which debases reality-based self-esteem.

I'm rambling now but a huge part of the problems we face as a society are because mom's not home anymore and the family has fallen apart.

I can certainly understand your point of view, and respect it. If I had kids, I would absolutely stay home with them and raise them (all the while teaching them physics, chemistry and all kinds of crazy science.) I honestly wouldn't trust many other people to bring them up.

But, the model that we had, where women aren't educated in the liberal arts and sciences, but just get the basics and then go immediately into marriage and child-rearing isn't ideal either. Certainly there's no "one-size-fits-all" solution. My mother is a nurse, she stayed at home until my brother and I were about 13 or 14, and when it was necessary, she went back to work and seeing that my father died relatively young, thank god she had something she could fall back on that paid well and provided benefits.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Women got tired of being de facto second class citizens, as anyone would. The psychos in charge of the corporations found a way to profit--let inflation regress our wages to the point where it takes two incomes to get by (thereby ensuring that single moms are still screwed)--and as is the want of psychos, they pounced.

Now the rich are richer and the poor are poorer. And you can't blame the feminists for it.

Yeah,

But I enjoy women in the workplace.

They are problem solvers, usually less obstructive, and hard working.

Not all, but most.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Women got tired of being de facto second class citizens, as anyone would. The psychos in charge of the corporations found a way to profit--let inflation regress our wages to the point where it takes two incomes to get by (thereby ensuring that single moms are still screwed)--and as is the want of psychos, they pounced.

I consider them accessories and pawns, before, during and after the fact. :(

amy31416
06-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmm . . . I think women look prettiest when they have been taught by other women to look arrogant, cool and distant. Rock stars also develop that kind of cool vanity and it works fabulously for them. Likewise, I think this is why women are attracted to arrogant jerks while the reject the "lame" looking guys as leftovers for "lame" looking women.

This is why Plato considered a kind of beauty that is deeper than the outward, carnal expressions that we are attracted to. Obama comes to mind when thinking of the kinds of outward, carnal expressions that many of us are attracted too. He is apple pie in that he epitomizes the pretty woman, the rock star and the arrogant jerk that we are all attracted to as Americans.
In his dialogue entitled "Meno," Plato goes on to describe a greater beauty as a formal "Beauty" by highlighting it with a captial "B." This would be that "best principled" Beauty that we should all discipline ourselves to seek.

Holy crap! I understood you and I agree with you! :D

It seems to me, that finding this type of "Beauty" is potentially one of the most rewarding finds of life. You really can't do better than this.

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 11:37 AM
The constitution was written and signed by the fore-fathers, not as a Federalist document, but as a document for Republicanism. "For the People, by the People."

States were supposed to rule.

Laziness got you here. I suggest you grab your muskets, and stop whining.

You are the guy that didn't like the way the country was heading so you ran with your tail between your legs.

So now that we got the formalities out of the way.......

"We the people" eventually evolved into realizing that black people and women have the same inalienable rights, but not fast enough.

I suggest you take some time away from bitching about America to understand the mindset behind the 14th amendment and why the courts have been arguing over it for 100+ years. The amount of damage done in the name of equality is what I refer to.

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
"We the people" eventually evolved into realizing that black people and women have the same inalienable rights, but not fast enough.

Not to de-jack this thread, or anything, but in response to anyone who says that us white males are the whole problem and always were the whole problem, all I can do is name two names:

Dr. Condoleeza Rice, the human birth defect, the tool, and

Dr. Ron Paul, the tireless crusader for what is real and what is right.

This isn't to say we white males are perfect. McCain, for example, fits the stereotype quite well. This is just to say that all stereotypes will lead you astray sooner or later if you're dumb enough to believe them.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Not to de-jack this thread, or anything, but in response to anyone who says that us white males are the whole problem and always were the whole problem, all I can do is name two names:

Dr. Condoleeza Rice, the human birth defect, the tool, and

Dr. Ron Paul, the tireless crusader for what is real and what is right.

This isn't to say we white males are perfect. McCain, for example, fits the stereotype quite well. This is just to say that all stereotypes will lead you astray sooner or later if you're dumb enough to believe them.

+1

Now back to jacking the thread. :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 11:46 AM
You are the guy that didn't like the way the country was heading so you ran with your tail between your legs.

I suggest you take some time away from bitching about America to understand the mindset behind the 14th amendment and why the courts have been arguing over it for 100+ years. The amount of damage done in the name of equality is what I refer to.

OOOhhh.

You are a True righteous prick.

Let me get my note-pad.

Sorry, but I absolved myself.

"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.

J.D. Salinger ---

Theocrat
06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Feminism has destroyed the family. The traditional role of woman as mother and wife, keeper of the home, has been destroyed. Not because women wanted options but because a stable family is the bedrock of healthy society. This was designed and carried out on purpose. I would disagree that the woman was more a child. She had a defined role in the family and it was an important one.

+∞ (Will you marry me? :D)

In the words of Wolf Blitzer, "Amazing. Amazing."

silus
06-30-2008, 11:59 AM
We are still bound together by the rule of law. If it must be changed, then we have the means. An attack on the Constitution is just an attack on the law... And this goes back to power, and how this administration, this country, is drunk by it. Which is why the rule of man has now superseded principle, honor, integrity, and all the values we used to hold dear. It has been learned that these values came about in order for men to live side by side. But if power is centralized, what good do those things serve but to limit your application of power?

Anyways, this is not a good sign.

amy31416
06-30-2008, 12:00 PM
+∞ (Will you marry me? :D)

In the words of Wolf Blitzer, "Amazing. Amazing."

You're too late Theo. If you think a catch like her isn't already snagged, well, you'd be wrong.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM

That's a interesting analogy, about black people.

Considering America was the last and greatest "slave" nation on earth.

acptulsa
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Which is why the rule of man has now superseded principle, honor, integrity, and all the values we used to hold dear.

Which is, of course, the goal of the power hungry. They don't want to be limited. This would be the greatest argument for theocracy I had ever seen if only the power hungry weren't just as ready to subvert religion to their purposes as well. I guess they just think "secular humanism" gives them more leeway...

Theocrat
06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
You're too late Theo. If you think a catch like her isn't already snagged, well, you'd be wrong.

Ah, it's okay. There are many more similar to her at my church. :)

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 12:05 PM

Not counting some present day African nations for any particular reasons? :D

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 12:08 PM

I suggest you live in Chicago between 1965-1975, and be a blues brother.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Not counting some present day African nations for any particular reasons? :D

I know it is an unfair comment.

constituent
06-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Obviously the foes of our republic of, by and for the people are taking advantage of her color and using her to spread their whisper campaign against it.

All a part of the pending/building race wars.

constituent
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
What I am saying is...

I'm not sure.

All a part of the pending/building race wars.

Truth Warrior
06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I know it is an unfair comment.
You're being way too kind ....... to yourself! :D

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 01:01 PM

But the nations of Western Africa had to be greater "slave" nations than the United States because they sold slaves for a far less price. There were instances of 12 African souls being sold for the cost of a single horse; whereupon, those same 12 African souls were taken to be sold into a society which valued them more than where they came from by paying a greater price for them. It is all just a matter of eoncomics.

Democracy and equality did not originate from Western Africa although a tribal Chief in the city-state of Timbuktu in the 12th century A.C.E. did send missionaries with gold to buy scrolls from the library in Alexandria. This greatest example of Western African civilization during that time was still inferior to the ancient civilization in Greece that did create the concepts of Democracy and equality.

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM

what analogy? I didn't give an analogy?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:09 PM
But the nations of Western Africa had to be greater "slave" nations than the United States because they sold slaves for a far less price. There were instances of 12 African souls being sold for the cost of a single horse; whereupon, those same 12 African souls were taken to be sold into a society which valued them more than where they came from by paying a greater price for them. It is all just a matter of eoncomics.

Democracy and equality did not originate from Western Africa although a tribal Chief in the city-state of Timbuktu in the 12th century A.C.E. did send missionaries with gold to buy scrolls from the library in Alexandria. This greatest example of Western African civilization during that time was still inferior to the ancient civilization in Greece that did create the concepts of Democracy and equality.

Uncle,

You are missing the point.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
what analogy? I didn't give an analogy?

Now I don't understand you?

"Law is a mind without reason."

Aristotle ---

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:14 PM

For fucks sake. How do you sleep at night?

You must be one energetic fuck. HaHa

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Aristotle ---

You claimed this was an interesting analogy

how?

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
You claimed this was an interesting analogy

how?

Continually asking questions.

Easy for the un-informed.

Life is what happens to you. While you are busy being a dick-head. :D

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Continually asking questions.

Easy for the un-informed.

Life is what happens to you. While you are busy being a dick-head. :D

I thought so.................

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:27 PM
You are a jostler.

Respect.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Aristotle ---

Wow. What a great quote by Aristotle! I take back my jab at Australia. The philosopher confirms that the U.S. Constitution has only a Civil Purpose while the legal precedents established by tyranny endanger it.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Wow. What a great quote by Aristotle! I take back my jab at Australia. The philosopher confirms that the U.S. Constitution has only a Civil Purpose while the legal precedents established by tyranny endanger it.

Cheers mate,

When I clock on to this forum, it is for one reason.

To stir you up. Piss you off. Create havoc.

I still love you "bloody" yanks.

I was one for 23 years.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 02:21 PM
For fucks sake. How do you sleep at night?

You must be one energetic fuck. HaHa

What was the topic again? You guys would be thinking intelligently if Amy wasn't in the room. You guys just aren't thinking with your heads right now.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Cheers mate,

When I clock on to this forum, it is for one reason.

To stir you up. Piss you off. Create havoc.

I still love you "bloody" yanks.

I was one for 23 years.

When our economy does great, Oz, you guys benefit when we crap on you.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
When our economy does great, Oz, you guys benefit when we crap on you.

The reality is:

The Aussie dollar is.96, and will be stronger than the US in a couple of months.

The median wage in West Australia is 74,000 per annum.

You guys are being left in the dirt.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Remember Springsteen:

Glory Days.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
The reality is:

The Aussie dollar is.96, and will be stronger than the US in a couple of months.

The median wage in West Australia is 74,000 per annum.

You guys are being left in the dirt.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

I was trying to be nice. Most nations would be honored to get crapped on by the United States.

Ozwest
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I was trying to be nice. Most nations would be honored to get crapped on by the United States.

Love it.

Touche!

familydog
06-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Well I just got my new July/August 2008 edition of 'Foreign Affairs', the journal of the Council on Foreign Relations. The featured article is called 'The New American Realism' by your charming US Secretary of State, Ms Condoleezza Rice.

I had a read and it is a lunatic diatribe about 'democratizing' the whole world via an massively interventionist foreign policy. The phrase 'international order' appears at least 10 times. The term 'democracy' appears in every other sentence.

To top it off, she calls the Constitution a 'birth defect' that 'reduced my ancestors each to three-fifths of a man'.

What about all the Iraqi kids you reduced to three-fifths, by blowing off their limbs Ms Rice?

I don't see anything inherently wrong with the "birth defect" comment.

The rest of the article is a an abomination.

anaconda
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
How did that witch ever get to be provost of Stanford? She doesn't even seem terribly bright. I loved seeing her whine, squirm, and complain when Barbara Boxer read a bunch of her quotes back at her in the Senate confirmation hearings for Secretary of State. Boxer could have gone for the jugular but backed off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8314452666668574897&q=boxer+testy+exchange&ei=4mJpSL6IMJzA4AKmr9yWAg

HOLLYWOOD
06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
How did that witch ever get to be provost of Stanford? She doesn't even seem terribly bright. I loved seeing her whine, squirm, and complain when Barbara Boxer read a bunch of her quotes back at her in the Senate confirmation hearings for Secretary of State. Boxer could have gone for the jugular but backed off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8314452666668574897&q=boxer+testy+exchange&ei=4mJpSL6IMJzA4AKmr9yWAg

She's not bright... PhD in History? That was my minor and I'd bet the house in any debate on HISTORY with her!

She has made so many mistakes in quoting history, she's another Bush Flunky.

Then again in Government, It's not what you know, but who you know.

CONDI is another NEOCON PUPPET for the Corporations, Wealth, Elitist, & ZIONIST.

Anything for the Advancement of themselves at the expense of the people and the CONSTITUTION.

I'm sure CONDI will bring in Government Grants to Stanford U... at the expense of the TAXPAYERS!