PDA

View Full Version : Time for tough love (re: B.J. Lawson's money bomb).

DRV45N05
06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sending the following message to you all not as a staffer for B.J. (and I do NOT speak for the campaign when I say this), but as someone who has paid a tremendous cost over the last year- financial, physical, and personal- in the campaign for liberty.

My thanks to everyone who has donated today and who has worked so hard for this. You all have been tremendous and so gracious, and we can't express enough just how much you all mean to us.

To the rest of you in the Ron Paul community, I'm SORELY disappointed in you. We've got a TREMENDOUS Ron Paul Republican candidate running. It's not even close. Just seeing our website or watching his YouTube videos makes it READILY apparent that he's far and away the best candidate and has the best and most professional campaign. The fact that we have actually DESTROYED OUR OPPONENT in an election should confirm this for you.

We've got 40 student interns- libertarians, Republicans, and Democrats all- who are working their butts off for this campaign without pay simply because they love the message and the candidate. You think Steven Vasquez or Peter James have this? You think Murray Sabrin had this? No way in hell. We have volunteers from around the country who have worked- also without pay- very hard to pressure major blogs to make postings and to work social networks to spread the word. And this is how you repay them for their efforts? This is how you pay tribute to how great of a job B.J. has done in bringing the message of liberty to this district and inspiring people to join the campaign? You might as well have spit in all of their faces with your actions- or should I say, inactions?- today.

I've increasing come to the conclusion that most of you aren't seriously interested in reclaiming liberty. Some of this group are just a social club who would prefer to just sit around and whine and bitch about how the world is collapsing or about how the evil puppetmasters at the CFR and Trilateral Commission are trying to turn us into human sacrifices at their Bohemian Grove rituals (or whatever else crazy batshit insane ideas that you guys have) instead of actually DOING something about what's wrong with the world. Others of you are just a bunch of sick personality cult adherents, and in this respect, you're no better than Obama supporters.

Want to prove me wrong? Then start donating (https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/) some freaking money to the campaign, pass the word around online about the candidate and the situation, and help us get $70,000 by midnight Monday night. If everyone on the Campaign for Liberty mailing list donated ONE DOLLAR, with some donating a little more, we could hit this mark. If everyone who regularly comes her donated $100, we'd blow it away. This is really such a steep price to pay to send a true shockwave across the political system? This is what would happen if B.J. was to beat David Price, a long-term Democratic incumbent in a Democratic year, in this election. We're getting lots of Democrats saying that they will support us over Price. But we need a to send a shock wave through a very media-founded district, and to do this, we MUST hit the $100,000 cash on hand mark. It MUST happen. And we MUST raise $500,000 over the next three months.

Just for reference, the point he needs to hit is the $228,000 mark on the ticker. No excuses; just get it done.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Youth Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator
Lawson for Congress
paige.shetley@lawsonforcongress.com

yongrel
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Excellent post. BJ Lawson is our single best hope, bar none, to take Washington back.

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Ummm......yikes.

OptionsTrader
06-29-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm SORELY disappointed in you

That isn't how you inspire people to donate.

Kotin
Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

MRoCkEd
Remember the old days??!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/tea-1.gif

constituent
06-29-2008, 04:14 PM
SHOW ME TEH MONEYZ!!!!!!

Too much damage has been done in too many ways to go back...

that and the whole law of diminishing returns thing.

Sorry you're disappointed, but be a good "by your own bootstraps" responsible, conservative libertarian about it. Take some responsibility.

Maybe it was your approach?

(iow you are owed nothing, don't kid yourself)

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 04:15 PM
stare at this picture until you decide to donate :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2240/2429393921_ff881a8061.jpg

DeadtoSin
06-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I couldn't donate today sadly, but next week I'll be sending in my donation. That is as fast as I could do it. I understand what you are saying though.

yongrel
06-29-2008, 04:16 PM
SHOW ME TEH MONEYZ!!!!!!

Too much damage has been done in too many ways to go back...

that and the whole law of diminishing returns thing.

Sorry you're disappointed, but be a good "by your own bootstraps" responsible, conservative libertarian about it. Take some responsibility.

Maybe it was your approach?

:rolleyes:

C'mon now. The Lawson for Congress campaign has been run excellently, as demonstrated by their tremendous primary victory.

Are you telling me that a campaign that can win 70% of the vote in a GOP primary is responsible for the movement not donating?

constituent
06-29-2008, 04:17 PM

C'mon now. The Lawson for Congress campaign has been run excellently, as demonstrated by their tremendous primary victory.

Are you telling me that a campaign that can win 70% of the vote in a GOP primary is responsible for the movement not donating?

naaah, i was just being snarky.

but it is what it is, that's really my point.

it doesn't help to go about talking down to/barking at an internet message board.

and again, no one owed them anything... which is what the OP appears to presume

james1844
06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, this moneybomb has been a big success!

The RP grassroots rules!!!

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, this moneybomb has been a big success!

The RP grassroots rules!!!

Apparently this moneybomb HASN'T been a big success...hence, the topic of this thread :(

constituent
06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
stare at this picture until you decide to donate :)

c'mon now... two can play this game

http://blogs4conservatives.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/rp-and-db.jpg

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
With the campaign over, and the board less active and everything.. plus people are sick of moneybombs... it is tough to get people fired up

but really, listen to BJ's speak, or read his blog posts
we need this guy in washington
http://community.icontact.com/p/lawsonforcongress/image

DeadtoSin
06-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Man, you are being snarky today. Luckily Ron Paul is the Rubber Man and the media is the glue. :D

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I really hope you're not comparing BJ to White.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Paige Michael-Shetley is right about this.

We raised 1,050,000 dollars in about a month for Ron Paul's congressional campaign when he was being challenged in the republican primary by Chris Peden. Why can't we raise half of that total, over the course of a couple of months, for B.J. Lawson?

james1844
06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
You know what, I always thought that White and his son were kind of sad looking. Plus, whats up with that kid's hat? I think its a fau paux to wears leather wide brimmed hats, especially indoors.

Roxi
06-29-2008, 04:26 PM
OP i agree with you for the most part.... BJ is an excellent candidate.... i wasn't able to donate because all but 11 dollars of my paycheck went to rent, and 8 of what was left went to laundry... so im sorry you are sorely dissapointed in me but i just couldn't do it...

what i did do however was spread around BJ's facebook page and money bomb info to everyone i knew... i also sent out an awesome email to my entire address book, i also posted multiple bulletins about it on myspace

so i felt like even though i couldn't donate i did what i could to promote the moneybom*

SnappleLlama
Paige Michael-Shetley is right about this. Every organized congressional money bomb we've had so far has been just that; a bomb.

We're never going to have any new Ron Paul republicans in Washington if we can't even properly fund the ones that actually win their primaries. That's the BIGGEST obstacle for a challenger against a congressional incumbent...money. Lawson can win if he gets the money. without it? No chance.

We raised 1,050,000 in about a month for Ron Paul's congressional campaign when he was being challenged in the republican primary by Chris Peden. Why can't we raise half of that total, over the course of a couple of months, for B.J. Lawson?

The only "fix" for this problem I can see is if Ron Paul used his RonPaul2008 and CFL mailing lists and directly asked/begged for donations for Lawson. That's the only way I can see anything significant happening for Lawson on the fundraising front.

There have been too many moneybombs. I'm just broke, personally. I donated a huge chunk of change to Ron Paul's campaign, plus a bunch of $$$ to the revolution march, the Nevada GOP delegates convention, etc. There are so many fundraisers, and I just don't have the money. I gave $75.00 to BJ Lawson, and that's all I can afford right now. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this financial situation.

constituent
Man, you are being snarky today. Luckily Ron Paul is the Rubber Man and the media is the glue. :D

hell yea!

amy31416
06-29-2008, 04:27 PM
We need to think about some better ways to support guys like BJ. What's really going to matter in November is how many people have heard of him, know and like his stances and will actually vote.

Let's start coming up with some ideas. Think outside the bomb.

constituent
06-29-2008, 04:27 PM
You know what, I always thought that White and his son were kind of sad looking. Plus, whats up with that kid's hat? I think its a fau paux to wears leather wide brimmed hats, especially indoors.

is that his son? the looks on their faces betray their intentions.

p.s.

donate it if you got it. i was just messin' around w/ the OP.

constituent
06-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Think outside the bomb.

i would like to echo this statement.

james1844
06-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey RP in G,

I think its important to think about the metrics of success here. There was less money than Paige was hoping for, but you need to think about what has been accomplished instead of what was NOT accomplished.

1) Most Ron Paul folks have never heard of BJ Lawson. Consider that.

2) We had less than a week to put the bomb together. Getting 10-12k in a week for a candidate that nobody has ever heard of is GREAT. Also, consider the relative amounts here. We tripled the number of pledges that Vern got, we also got 1/6th of Amits total haul - all in one day. So, the results are very good, all for one day and on short notice.

So, there is plenty of reason for optimism. BJ will win this election, I can feel it.

Paige Michael-Shetley is right about this. Every organized congressional money bomb we've had so far has been just that; a bomb.

We're never going to have any new Ron Paul republicans in Washington if we can't even properly fund the ones that actually win their primaries. That's the BIGGEST obstacle for a challenger against a congressional incumbent...money. Lawson can win if he gets the money. without it? No chance.

We raised 1,050,000 in about a month for Ron Paul's congressional campaign when he was being challenged in the republican primary by Chris Peden. Why can't we raise half of that total, over the course of a couple of months, for B.J. Lawson?

The only "fix" for this problem I can see is if Ron Paul used his RonPaul2008 and CFL mailing lists and directly asked/begged for donations for Lawson. That's the only way I can see anything significant happening for Lawson on the fundraising front.

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 04:32 PM
The sad thing is that if you want to raise any money in a traditional way as a non-incumbent and virtual nobody/outsider you have to go Vernon Robinson crazy (and let me be clear that's not a diss, because I love Vernon).

james1844
06-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Roxic,

Thanks for the hand. There are lots of ways to contribute!

OP i agree with you for the most part.... BJ is an excellent candidate.... i wasn't able to donate because all but 11 dollars of my paycheck went to rent, and 8 of what was left went to laundry... so im sorry you are sorely dissapointed in me but i just couldn't do it...

what i did do however was spread around BJ's facebook page and money bomb info to everyone i knew... i also sent out an awesome email to my entire address book, i also posted multiple bulletins about it on myspace

so i felt like even though i couldn't donate i did what i could to promote the moneybom*

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Think outside the bomb.

http://i25.tinypic.com/23kymc4.jpg

amy31416
06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/23kymc4.jpg

Nice!

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
What's the best way we could help without donating?
Could we have a letter-writing campaign?

mport1
06-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I completely agree with the OP. If we don't pick up the momentum on this and CFL we are in big trouble.

Thousands of people have been directly contacted about this money bomb and yet they aren't helping out in the effort.

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 04:44 PM
note: the day ain't over

\/

ladyjade3
06-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going to take this very personally if BJ's Money Bomb is not a complete and resounding success. I must be losing my touch! :(

Nirvikalpa
06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Dear Nicole ------,

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T975-52M42200DT350605H

Will donate another $25 during the week when I get 'paid.'

james1844
06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
But... its already been successful!

I'm going to take this very personally if BJ's Money Bomb is not a complete and resounding success. I must be losing my touch! :(

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
http://www.yogausa.com/images/donate.jpg (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate)

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I completely agree with the OP.

That's ghey, and here's why:

(sorry to have to do this)

I'm sending the following message to you all not as a staffer for B.J. (and I do NOT speak for the campaign when I say this), but as someone who has paid a tremendous cost over the last year- financial, physical, and personal- in the campaign for liberty.

no, actually, she is sending this message as a staffer for B.J.

...and actually, she does speak for the campaign

My thanks to everyone who has donated today and who has worked so hard for this. You all have been tremendous and so gracious, and we can't express enough just how much you all mean to us.

ok, buffer (check).... que bad news:

To the rest of you in the Ron Paul community, I'm SORELY disappointed in you. We've got a TREMENDOUS Ron Paul Republican candidate running. It's not even close. Just seeing our website or watching his YouTube videos makes it READILY apparent that he's far and away the best candidate and has the best and most professional campaign. The fact that we have actually DESTROYED OUR OPPONENT in an election should confirm this for you.

Ok, so you want a raise, i get it. I'm glad you guys got a website put together and some great youtube vids (though i haven't seen them myself), that's a start.

Even happier you destroyed your opponent (an established one at that, no?).

Onward

We've got 40 student interns- libertarians, Republicans, and Democrats all- who are working their butts off for this campaign without pay simply because they love the message and the candidate.

Blah, not working. "Interns" what crap. "Without pay?" sounds like your problem, or perhaps theirs. It is what it is though.

You think Steven Vasquez or Peter James have this? You think Murray Sabrin had this? No way in hell.

Poo-pooing your fellow revolutionaries in the same breath that you ask them for money is foolish at best.

We have volunteers from around the country who have worked- also without pay- very hard to pressure major blogs to make postings and to work social networks to spread the word. And this is how you repay them for their efforts?

First off, sending out troll squads to "pressure major blogs" is just obnoxious (this goes back to "maybe it's the approach"). And second, if they chose to work gratis that is again, their issue and yours but certainly not mine.

Seriously, this is how i repay them? GTFO.

I'm not atlas, but... well, [insert obligatory Ayn Rand reference].

This is how you pay tribute to how great of a job B.J. has done in bringing the message of liberty to this district and inspiring people to join the campaign? You might as well have spit in all of their faces with your actions- or should I say, inactions?- today.

might as well have spit in their faces huh? by choosing to feed my family first?

that's fraken rich

I've increasing come to the conclusion that most of you aren't seriously interested in reclaiming liberty. Some of this group are just a social club...

funny, i'd just come to the same conclusion about some of "you."

how 'bout it.

...who would prefer to just sit around and whine and bitch about how the world is collapsing or about how the evil puppetmasters at the CFR and Trilateral Commission are trying to turn us into human sacrifices at their Bohemian Grove rituals (or whatever else crazy batshit insane ideas that you guys have) instead of actually DOING something about what's wrong with the world. Others of you are just a bunch of sick personality cult adherents, and in this respect, you're no better than Obama supporters.

And you're just the queen of f*n sheeba. Posts like these make me eager not to contribute my money to people like you.

Want to prove me wrong? Then start donating (https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/) some freaking money to the campaign, pass the word around online about the candidate and the situation, and help us get $70,000 by midnight Monday night.

SHOW ME TEH MONEYZ!!!!!

srsly, you sound like a bookie.

of course, if you're a libertarian, perhaps you might just be?
(no offense to all the non-libertarian bookies out there)

Just for reference, the point he needs to hit is the $228,000 mark on the ticker. No excuses; just get it done.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Lawson for Congress
[/QUOTE]

LoL. Yes, drill seargent.

and this is why you (and so many other efforts around here these days) are fail.

and frankly, with the way you put yourself up on a pedestal above "everyone who isn't me," you're riding for a fall.

smarty927
06-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't normally respond to many things on the internet, including personal emails and message boards. That being said, I wanted to say a few things to the Freedom and Liberty Community that are those here in the Ron Paul forum.

I am the creator of the Lawson Liberty Fund website. I've seen how hard our small group has worked, and I've seen its fruits. We've worked our asses off these past 2 weeks, and I consider it a success. When I first started the website about 2 months ago, I only wanted to raise about $1000 to $2000. We had about 15 donors registered up until about a month ago. Look how far we've gone!

As a group, we wanted the goal to be $80,000. My personal goal was $10,000. We have exceeded that, and I consider this a success. Yes, we didn't do what we had wanted, but we raised enough money in small contributions to do a lot of things.

Considering that most people found out about this in the last week, I can understand how it would be difficult to come up with $100 on a short notice. I grew up in a family where a spare $100 would take a few weeks and sometimes a few months to save up.

That being said, I too am disappointed in the community. We’ve had well over 1500 absolute page views to the site. If each of those would have donated just $25, we would have $37,500 raised. If they would have donated $50, we would have $75,000.

It’s all good though guys. We love you, and we hope that all of us will step up in the future. Thanks for making this a success (in my eyes), and thanks for giving BJ a huge boost in donations!

In Liberty,
Kacy

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't normally respond to many things on the internet, including personal emails and message boards. That being said, I wanted to say a few things to the Freedom and Liberty Community that are those here in the Ron Paul forum.

I am the creator of the Lawson Liberty Fund website. I've seen how hard our small group has worked, and I've seen its fruits. We've worked our asses off these past 2 weeks, and I consider it a success. When I first started the website about 2 months ago, I only wanted to raise about $1000 to $2000. We had about 15 donors registered up until about a month ago. Look how far we've gone!

As a group, we wanted the goal to be $80,000. My personal goal was $10,000. We have exceeded that, and I consider this a success. Yes, we didn't do what we had wanted, but we raised enough money in small contributions to do a lot of things.

Considering that most people found out about this in the last week, I can understand how it would be difficult to come up with $100 on a short notice. I grew up in a family where a spare $100 would take a few weeks and sometimes a few months to save up.

That being said, I too am disappointed in the community. We’ve had well over 1500 absolute page views to the site. If each of those would have donated just $25, we would have $37,500 raised. If they would have donated $50, we would have $75,000.

It’s all good though guys. We love you, and we hope that all of us will step up in the future. Thanks for making this a success (in my eyes), and thanks for giving BJ a huge boost in donations!

In Liberty,
Kacy

THAT is how you do it.

thanks Kacy.

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm so broke I don't even have enough money for groceries, so this one hurt, but I donated anyways... Here's hoping BJ cpntinues to run a hell of a campaign.

james1844
06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Aspiring

I'm so broke I don't even have enough money for groceries, so this one hurt, but I donated anyways... Here's hoping BJ cpntinues to run a hell of a campaign.

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 05:22 PM

In Liberty,
Kacy
great post

james1844
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
You know what, I think that Paige doesn't really mean all of this stuff, I have the impression that hes probably stressed out and needs to vent. Its high pressure being a campaign staffer, as we all know.

For my part, I'm happy with the way things went.

Ok, so you want a raise, i get it. I'm glad you guys got a website put together and some great youtube vids (though i haven't seen them myself), that's a start.

Onward

Blah, not working. "Interns" what crap. "Without pay?" sounds like your problem, or perhaps theirs. It is what it is though.

Poo-pooing your fellow revolutionaries in the same breath that you ask them for money is foolish at best.

First off, sending out troll squads to "pressure major blogs" is just obnoxious (this goes back to "maybe it's the approach"). And second, if they chose to work gratis that is again, their issue and yours but certainly not mine.

might as well have spit in their faces huh? by choosing to feed my family first?

that's fraken rich

how 'bout it.

And you're just the queen of f*n sheeba. Posts like these make me eager not to contribute my money to people like you.

SHOW ME TEH MONEYZ!!!!!

and this is why you (and so many other efforts around here these days) are fail.

and frankly, with the way you put yourself up on a pedestal above "everyone who isn't me," you're riding for a fall.[/QUOTE]

Shadow of a Doubt
06-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Change happens at the local level. I think it's always rude to expect someone to donate to a candidate that doesn't even represent their state/district, and BJ won't be any more effective in Congress than Ron Paul is right now; we'd just have more protest votes to occasionally feel proud of.

The current batch of patriots isn't large enough to financially support a bunch of nationwide elections, and donating to a congressman across the country is just going to leave less money for local activism, and the most important thing for the Revolution right now is to grow our numbers, so that we have the financial base to support these elections in the first place, not to guilt trip the strapped diehards into donating even more of their funds than they already have.

That said, I just donated my share after reading this thread.

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
You know what, I think that Paige doesn't really mean all of this stuff, I have the impression that hes probably stressed out and needs to vent. Its high pressure being a campaign staffer, as we all know.

For my part, I'm happy with the way things went.

1) Word to wise politicians, "make sure your hired guns don't act like loose cannons."

2) You should be. Here's to many more successes in the future!

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM

Onward

that's fraken rich

how 'bout it.

SHOW ME TEH MONEYZ!!!!!

and frankly, with the way you put yourself up on a pedestal above "everyone who isn't me," you're riding for a fall.

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/leo60/25572.jpg

smarty927
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
@aspiringconstitutionalist Wow man, I hate to hear that. Thanks for your contribution. I'll let BJ know about how much you wanted to see this be a success.

@constituent I know Paige personally. He truly is a person that wanted to see this be a success, and he worked harder than anyone I know to pull this off. Being a non-payed staffer, he has told me on a few occasions this week that he pulled all-nighters at least twice this week in sole purpose of messaging blogs and Facebook groups. I also want to emphasize that he was not speaking for the campaign (like he said) but for himself and our efforts.

To those above and everyone else, thanks for expressing your opinions and remarks. We'll consider them when trying to organize another grassroots event. As posted elsewhere in this discussion board, check out LawsonMinuteMen.com for updates on grassroots events. Oh yeah, one last remark. LLF received hits from all 50 states and 32 different nations, all thanks to the efforts of those that worked behind the scenes and the 40 interns. Thanks guys.

In Liberty,
Kacy

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/leo60/25572.jpg

and to think, if they'd have put that at the front door, this thread wouldn't even be here!

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Someone had to be a "loose cannon" and say it. What Paige said, by the way, is bigger than BJ's money bomb. It's about the fact that we're falling apart and if we don't get it together the larger Campaign for Liberty will be over before it starts.

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 05:34 PM

This is what I'm talking about! Thank you!

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Someone had to be a "loose cannon" and say it. What Paige said, by the way, is bigger than BJ's money bomb. It's about the fact that we're falling apart and if we don't get it together the larger Campaign for Liberty will be over before it starts.

what paige said, and how paige chose to say it (not him alone) has been a primary contributor to the "fact that we're falling apart."

food for thought, take it or leave it.

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
what paige said, and how paige chose to say it (not him alone) has been a primary contributor to the "fact that we're falling apart."

food for thought, take it or leave it.

I haven't seen anyone come out and say it yet.

mport1
06-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Ditto. The first thing we have to do is stop all of this infighting. Our numbers are too small for this kind of stuff.

constituent
06-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I haven't seen anyone come out and say it yet.

oh come on now... there has been a never ending string of people who come in here to bitch at all of us sunshine patriots when things don't turn out the way they wanted... for months!!!!

"it's all your fault"

"you're not a real revolutionary (I AM!!!!!)"

blah blah, the list goes on.

that said, i do appreciate you coming to the aid of your friend and all.

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
oh come on now... there has been a never ending string of people who come in here to bitch at all of us sunshine patriots when things don't turn out the way they wanted... for months!!!!

"it's all your fault"

"you're not a real revolutionary (I AM!!!!!)"

blah blah, the list goes on.

that said, i do appreciate you coming to the aid of your friend and all.

It's not just about that, it's that I think he's right and I also am concerned about the state of things. I'm not pointing fingers, but I'm looking at where we were a few months ago and where we are now and there's plenty of reason to be concerned and recognize something is wrong. I'm not surprised there is some shrink in activity and the amount of effort being put forward -- that was inevitable once it became clear RP wasn't going to win and he was beginning to end the campaign -- but the level of shrink of activity and the amount of reduction in effort we've seen greatly concerns me, and it should greatly concern everyone here.

I don't think it's a bad idea to talk about this and come up with ways we can fix this.

constituent
06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
It's not just about that, it's that I think he's right and I also am concerned about the state of things. I'm not pointing fingers, but I'm looking at where we were a few months ago and where we are now and there's plenty of reason to be concerned and recognize something is wrong. I'm not surprised there is some shrink in activity and the amount of effort being put forward -- that was inevitable once it became clear RP wasn't going to win and he was beginning to end the campaign -- but the level of shrink of activity and the amount of reduction in effort we've seen greatly concerns me, and it should greatly concern everyone here.

I don't think it's a bad idea to talk about this and come up with ways we can fix this.

I agree with you 100%.

Here is the key. If anyone is really concerned with why things (for this sake of our discussion, things online) aren't working now, all they have to do is go back and scour internet archives for the public discourse that was taking place between the individuals coalescing around RP back then (pre-RPforums.com even), and compare it to the discourse taking place now (the OP being a prime example).

That is/would be a start.

PatriotOne
I've increasing come to the conclusion that most of you aren't seriously interested in reclaiming liberty. Some of this group are just a social club who would prefer to just sit around and whine and bitch about how the world is collapsing or about how the evil puppetmasters at the CFR and Trilateral Commission are trying to turn us into human sacrifices at their Bohemian Grove rituals (or whatever else crazy batshit insane ideas that you guys have) instead of actually DOING something about what's wrong with the world. Others of you are just a bunch of sick personality cult adherents, and in this respect, you're no better than Obama supporters.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Lawson for Congress

What makes you think the "conspiracy theorists" aren't donating to BJ? I didn't see a questionaire asking if I was a "conspiracy theorist" when I made my donation. I suspect any additional "conspiracy theorists" that come upon your post won't be motivated to make a donation now.

I usually save my disgust for those who intentionally try to impede the movement but I am making a exception this time. You are a ignorant bitch Paige.

nobody's_hero
Just gave $25.

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't think it's right to accuse people of not being for liberty if they just don't have the money to donate. We've all been bled dry from the countless moneybombs and pleas for funds...it's not that I don't want BJ Lawson to win, I do..I REALLY do, but I cannot afford to give more than I already have. As lame as this sounds, I can't have my rent check bounce in the name of liberty.

I don't think the OP's post was the proper way to handle this. I appreciate his situation, but perhaps it could have been toned down a bit? I'm giving everything I can, here... :(

slacker921
06-29-2008, 06:08 PM
.... don't hit the reply button.. just go here http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/ and donate $25. Lawson is the real deal.

If people donated 1/2 of what they donated to reelect Ron Paul then Lawson would have a decent chance. Especially if they did it now so he has time to buy ads.

My fear is everyone is waiting for and expecting the campaign for liberty to sweep in and organize and push a bunch of local candidates like Lawson.

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I agree with you 100%.

Here is the key. If anyone is really concerned with why things (for this sake of our discussion, things online) aren't working now, all they have to do is go back and scour internet archives for the public discourse that was taking place between the individuals coalescing around RP back then (pre-RPforums.com even), and compare it to the discourse taking place now (the OP being a prime example).

That is/would be a start.

I honestly think it has more to do with people who were in it just for Ron Paul vs. people who were in it for the bigger picture and understood that it was bigger than Ron Paul (a movement) and were willing to press on continuing the fight for liberty even after Ron Paul's campaign ended...

Those who were just here to get Ron Paul elected have left, and those who were here for the long haul are still here.

Now, that said, not everyone who is still here is being proactive and the forums have turned into more of a social website than a tool of the movement. I don't blame people for this, though, because I think the problem is no one knows what to do. No one knows what direction to take.

It was easy with Ron Paul's campaign because there was one central area everyone could focus on and it was clear what needed to be done and what could be done. That's not the case anymore and that's the problem. The obviously thing that we were trying to get done today was get people to donate to BJ's campaign, but not everyone has the money to do that right now...

So, here's some of the questions that need to be answered:

How do we proceed? What can we do to advance the movement? What needs to be done and what can be done?

How can we get new people involved in the movement to grow it?

FireofLiberty
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
My fear is everyone is waiting for and expecting the campaign for liberty to sweep in and organize and push a bunch of local candidates like Lawson.

Which is related to the larger problem that everyone is waiting for organization and leadership to come in this post-Ron Paul campaign period.

Cowlesy
06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Trying to guilt people into donating money is a pretty gutsy way to try and spur people to give especially under the current economic circumstances. I chalk the post up to youthful frustration at the sheer difficulty of raising funds.

That being said, like the website founder said above and what I see today, many RPForums members have again opened up their wallets, many serially to try and help out B.J. however they can.

Being dismissive can be divisive. People saying the OP wants to stop infighting actually seem to miss the point that the post itself causes more infighting, and while most folks just write it off to frustration, some will take it for what it is, which to me is a broadbased insult wrapped in an appeal for generosity---very cavalier.

I still see cash rolling into B.J.'s coffers. Let's just chalk this up to frustration.

And for anyone on the edge about donating --- the blowout in the primary plus the absolute gold-standard speeches and articles provided by Lawson to back-up his candidacy show he's a true contender, and definitely worthy of support!

pacelli
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM
When BJ told me that the 29th was his 12th wedding anniversary to JoLynn, i felt it would be a great symbolic day for a moneybomb. But that was a little over a week ago from today! So I'm very pleased that the grassroots came together so fast and united for this moneybomb for BJ's campaign. I know that the campaign will put it to very good use.

The positive thing is that locally, there are people who are still committed to their own candidates, and can spread the message about them to the rest of the nation on the forums. I joined with a handful of really great, dedicated people in many email discussions during the planning and initiation phases of this moneybomb planning. It illustrates to me that any local group of supporters of a candidate can do the exact same thing. Even if you net $10k+ from the event, that's still a heck of a lot of dough.

We are the campaign for liberty.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I just donated and it felt good. :)

We've wondered who will step up to fill Ron's shoes, when he retires. Well, wouldn't it be wonderful to help Lawson get elected, so he can serve under Ron's tutelage? I mean, he's already won his primary and by a hefty margin, it sounds like.

This guy looks like a keeper to me, but everyone has to decide for themselves.

itshappening
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
this tough love is working!!

I bet most people had no idea how hard Dr. Lawson is working...

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 07:07 PM
http://bhday.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/img_4308.jpg

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 07:11 PM
http://bhday.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/img_4308.jpg

awwwww!!!! :d

rajibo
06-29-2008, 07:17 PM

I always thought the guy with the hat was White. Go figure.

tpreitzel
06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
With candidates other than Ron Paul, the real question isn't about people not knowing what to do, the real question is the integrity of the candidates. Will these candidates actually STAY in the blasted race even if they don't get the necessary funds? Are these candidates REALLY committed to liberty to the point they'll use every means at their disposal to get elected? Although money plays a major role, the candidate has to be a charismatic, level-headed, and informed individual with a strong sense of integrity. Yes, I donated to BJ's campaign today, but supporters need a bit more assurance from the candidates themselves that they're really committed to their campaign, to liberty, to their posterity, and to the people.

constituent
06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
I always thought the guy with the hat was White. Go figure.

i thought his name was black and he was the guy in the hat... lol.

at least it was (apparently) the right picture.

rajibo
06-29-2008, 07:34 PM
i thought his name was black and he was the guy in the hat... lol.

at least it was (apparently) the right picture.

Oh crap, did I screw up his name too. I thought the dude in the black hat was the dude that hates everybody. I'm proud of myself for having no idea...:confused:

BTW:

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of peace, prosperity, and liberty.

T1017-7CV51993YH149512N

austin4paul
06-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Um -- did it ever occur to you that maybe it was a bad idea to schedule a money bomb 5 days before another money bomb was already planned?

www.freedomslate08.com

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2008, 07:57 PM
It's Don Black. Don Black is the guy in the middle. His son, Derrek Black, is the guy in the hat.

(And no, I do not like either of them or visit their hate website.)

That smear was such a crock of bull. What was Paul supposed to do? Ask for a photo ID and run a background check before having that photo taken with them? They were just random people in the lobby at the place where the Values Voters' Debate was being held. No way in hell did Paul have any idea who either of those two were. He probably still doesn't know (or even remembers them).

jmag
06-29-2008, 08:06 PM
donated

Jeremy
06-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Um -- did it ever occur to you that maybe it was a bad idea to schedule a money bomb 5 days before another money bomb was already planned?

www.freedomslate08.com

Ha! This moneybomb was planned far before BTM's. In fact it was on the same day. But we moved it 5 days earlier. One of the reasons was because they took our day.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Reason did a good job exposing hate-monger Charles Johnson when that story first came out:

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124051.html

LGF almost, repeat almost, makes me want to vote for Barack Obama. If nothing else, just to make them even more irrelevant, powerless and to give the neocons a White House eviction notice (though replacing the neocons would mean putting in the socialists).

james1844
06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks Jmag!

donated

jjockers
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you Paige, Garland, and others working tirelessly on getting Lawson into congress.

Mr. ~*,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

and..

Mrs. ~*,

I can't say whether BJ Lawson is the best Ron Paul republican running for office right now. I can say, however, after meeting both BJ (numerous occasions) and Dr. Paul, given the opportunity to vote either for Paul or Lawson, I would vote for Lawson. Ron Paul has been a hero for my wife and I, but BJ Lawson is the future. He can carry the fire of liberty through the next generation.

hopeforamerica
06-29-2008, 08:36 PM

T1047-5DV34537WR708330H

For the second time today.

Arklatex
06-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Did my part earlier today!

Truth Warrior
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Geeze, I detest the politicians and wannabes that think they're ENTITLED to some support. You want the job of feeding at the public trough, then just go out and get it, if you can. :rolleyes:

Jeremy
06-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Geeze, I detest the politicians and wannabes that think they're ENTITLED to some support. You want the job of feeding at the public trough, then just go out and get it, if you can. :rolleyes:

what are you talking about?

james1844
06-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what this means either.

BJ Lawson has been fighting like Mike Tyson for months to bring home a win.

james1844
06-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks Hope!

T1047-5DV34537WR708330H

For the second time today.

Truth Warrior
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
what are you talking about?
Politicians and wannabes. :D You know, the scum of the Earth. ;) Rank below used car salesmen AND lawyers, that takes some doing.

Danke
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Politicians and wannabes. :D You know, the scum of the Earth. ;) Rank below used car salesmen AND lawyers, that takes some doing.

How does Ron Paul fare within your scenario? Do you also consider him "scum of the Earth"?

pacelli
06-29-2008, 10:06 PM

www.freedomslate08.com

Um... did it ever occur to you that maybe it was a good idea to schedule a money bomb on the date of BJ & JoLynn's wedding anniversary? It worked for Ron (remember 51 years?).

Truth Warrior
06-29-2008, 10:15 PM
How does Ron Paul fare within your scenario? Do you also consider him "scum of the Earth"?
I like Ron Paul a whole lot more than Congressman Paul. ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
06-29-2008, 10:16 PM
It makes me sad. :(

We are having a small money bomb to help repay the loan we took out to do the Freedom Tour. It's a LOT small amount for sure, but now I am worried that we won't raise much when we're not even a political campaign like BJ's. Oh well, 80% of the work will always be done by 20% of the people.

Peace&Freedom
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
3 quick questions:

-1) Does this district trend Democratic or Republican? Is the incumbent clearly vulnerable?

-2) Is there a regular (not online) poll showing currently how Lawson fares against the Democrat?

-3) Why SHOULDN'T folks expect Paul's CFL to help out? Based on the description given about Lawson, if any Paulite candidate was deserving of at least a drop of that $4.7 million CFL kitty, it's him. Paul supporters have ALREADY donated their hearts out to the campaign, why shouldn't some of that cash go to help a successor's campaign?

amy31416
06-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I like Ron Paul a whole lot more than Congressman Paul. ;)

Fascinating. Especially considering that's the same person.

Truth Warrior
06-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Fascinating. Especially considering that's the same person.
Oh well, the difference makes sense to me. <shrug> ;)

How about, at least he's NOT a lawyer? :D

raystone
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Campaign for Liberty

Mission

#1 Promoting candidates for public office who share our commitment to freedom.

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

T1080-65B53532Y11805231

libertarian4321
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Just made a small donation despite the fact that I missed the "bomb" by an hour or two.

However, the OP did not inspire me to donate.

Ron Paul never got us to donate by yelling, bitching, and moaning- that stuff just doesn't inspire people.

constituent
06-30-2008, 06:49 AM
It makes me sad. :(

We are having a small money bomb to help repay the loan we took out to do the Freedom Tour. It's a LOT small amount for sure, but now I am worried that we won't raise much when we're not even a political campaign like BJ's. Oh well, 80% of the work will always be done by 20% of the people.

it's called risk and reward. whether or not people choose to bank roll the debt of your roadtrip/summer vacation has nothing to do with whether or not they (or you) are an 80% or a 20%.

i'm so sick of this shit.

smarty927
06-30-2008, 06:55 AM
3 quick questions:

-1) Does this district trend Democratic or Republican? Is the incumbent clearly vulnerable?

There is a historic 2:1 voting record for Democrats:Republicans. However, there are many angry liberal activists that are upset with Price. Here's an example why he's in trouble. David Price recently held a town hall meeting for the district. Traditionally, if not many people show up, it's a safe district. This one was packed with upset constituents who wanted to know why Price voted for the PATRIOT Act and continues to support the war. BJ left with a lot of fans.

-2) Is there a regular (not online) poll showing currently how Lawson fares against the Democrat?

No, but we've talked to personally around 15-20% of the district and passed out pocket constitutions. Many seemed receptive.

-3) Why SHOULDN'T folks expect Paul's CFL to help out? Based on the description given about Lawson, if any Paulite candidate was deserving of at least a drop of that $4.7 million CFL kitty, it's him. Paul supporters have ALREADY donated their hearts out to the campaign, why shouldn't some of that cash go to help a successor's campaign?

It's in the works according to my interpretation.

Hope that helps!

smarty927
06-30-2008, 06:59 AM
One more thing:

The Lawson for Congress campaign has collected a very diverse group of people. We've got Hillary staffers, Obama supporters, McCain supporters, white, asian, black.... BJ is the people's candidate. He's not filled with empty rhetoric either. What attracts many people to him is the fact that he honestly believes in everything he stands for. That's a quality that a lot of people like!

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 07:07 AM
One more thing:

The Lawson for Congress campaign has collected a very diverse group of people. We've got Hillary staffers, Obama supporters, McCain supporters, white, asian, black.... BJ is the people's candidate. He's not filled with empty rhetoric either. What attracts many people to him is the fact that he honestly believes in everything he stands for. That's a quality that a lot of people like!

Thanks for your dedication to this! I really have a good feeling about his chances...

MRoCkEd
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
BJ Lawson Moneybomb CONTINUES TODAY - The Last Day of the Quarter!

AJ Antimony
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
What attracts many people to him is the fact that he honestly believes in everything he stands for. That's a quality that a lot of people like!

People may like it, voters may not.

runningdiz
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
has anyone figured out why campaign for liberty has not sent out an email asking for people to donate?

jonsmallberries
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
donated $25, not because I liked attitude of OP, but because I think the point of it was ultimately correct.

bucfish
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
I wish I had it but business is so slow it is all we can do to keep the lights on!

spacehabitats
06-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I already had donated this AM.

I am also very impressed by BJ and his campaign. I think that if this money bomb had happened at the height of "Ron Paul Fever", BJ would be awash with cash right now.

Unfortunately, most people are fair weather patriots (unlike most of the people left on this site) and become discouraged too easily.

This is why even a "symbolic" victory in one of the last few "meaningless" primaries would have been worth its weight in gold to the ongoing movement.

BJ would have benefited, and so would all other future Ron Paul candidates.

Preserving his remaining presidential campaign funds for the CFL (rather than expending a few hundred thousand or even a million dollars toward securing such a victory) will ultimately prove to be a classic example of "penny wise, pound foolish".

Peace&Freedom
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
There is a historic 2:1 voting record for Democrats:Republicans. However, there are many angry liberal activists that are upset with Price.

It's a safe Democratic district, in other words, minus that liberal activist minority.

No, but we've talked to personally around 15-20% of the district and passed out pocket constitutions. Many seemed receptive.

It cost only a couple a thousand to sponsor a scientific poll. Do that to give supporters an OBJECTIVE view of where he stands.

It's in the works according to my interpretation.

According to Westmiller (of the Republican Liberty Caucus):

"The CfL is not a PAC. Paul already has a PAC,
but has decided *not* to put his presidential money
there. Instead, it will all go to this "educational fund"
which will be totally controlled by a board of directors,
most likely his previous RPFP Committee people.

The primary objective, as best I can tell, is for it to
be an agent for Paul's books, writings, and speeches."

RonPaulFanInGA
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
It's a safe Democratic district, in other words, minus that liberal activist minority.

Fred Heineman beat incumbent David Price in 1994. It's not a lock.

Lawson can beat Price if he gets good ($500,000) money.

james1844
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey All,

Been swamped at the University today, thanks for all your support on this!

ARealConservative
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I gave yesterday but I'll put in a token amount today because I agree with the OP so strongly. Most people still here seem more interested in fighting with each other and explaining how they have learned the real truth about this or that.

-----------------------------------

T1129-14M43432UR470222B

rancher89
06-30-2008, 05:29 PM
tapped out this week, but gave $25 before the NC state convention and $100 AFTER the convention.

If you guys had seen him at the convention, there would be no doubt to the man's integrity, honor and honesty.

He'll get more of my money when some checks clear.......expected one to clear before the weekend and it didn't. Sometimes it s*cks to be a small business owner at the mercy of larger corporations. Got one that's over a month overdue. Hard to pay bills, much less get groceries when the money isn't clearing the bank....

BJ Lawson is the real deal.

Flash
06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Remember the old days??!!

http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/tea-1.gif

We don't have enough people who are on these forums anymore so we can't raise that kind of money. I don't visit as often as I use to when Ron Paul was running, and found out about the money bomb after it already happened.

acroso
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Ron Paul tapped his supporters for broke.

I'm not donating to any more politicians this cycle.

CurtisLow
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Mr. ///// //////.

Thank you very much for your donation of $30.00 to the Lawson for Congress Campaign.

T1113-5D17926050461945V

CasualApathy
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Too many people on this forum have a very defeatist attitude right now, or they are expecting others to make the sacrifices that they themselves aren't willing to.

I have made the commitment to donate 10% of my salary each month to chip-ins, and have done so since october. I'm not by any means living in the streets, or fighting the rats for my dinner, I still live a comfortable life. But I don't have nice new clothes anymore, or that iPhone I'd love to buy.. however I sleep like a baby knowing that my money is working for freedom!

You could do this too, and you KNOW it (Yes even you who are whining about the original poster). I can, and I don't even live in your freakin country.

Feelgood
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Sorry, but I know how this is going. Im not even interested any more in RPR's running for a congress that will cease to exist in a few years. Personally, I spent alot of my time, money and energy in RP's campaign, and really thought he would stick it out till the end. Even if he didnt get the nomination, I would like to have seen them push for a speaking spot at the convention. I got all excited all over again when I saw RP flipping off the GOP by staging his own convention, parallel to the GOP's convention. It was extremely exciting. THEN RP decides to suspend his campaign, and for me the air went out of the sails.

I still promote freedom and try to educate people best I can, but when RP decided to suspend his campaign, that was the day my apathy returned. Unfortunately, those of you promoting so heartily, Lawson, Barr, et al are seemingly clueless to what is coming. The National ID act went into effect last May of this year, it is already happening. The only thing that could have stopped this would have been RP in the Whitehouse. I have said this countless times, and will keep saying it till you people wake up.

Instead of wasting your time, money and energy on campaigns that mean nothing, and will achieve less, start planning for the future thats coming. I got myself a nice little piece of land, that I'm covertly setting up to farm. Got my fruit tress in the ground, and lots of nice veggies, irrigation system installed, back up generators, the works. I have started storing away fuel, propane and all the things I will need for me and my family to survive what is coming. I strongly suggest you do the same, or the DAY WILL COME when youll sit here looking back on the time you wasted, and the funds you wasted, and how little was achieved.

Unfortunately, it is at a point of too little too late. If we had these RPR types in office, say 20 years ago, we may have been able to reverse the trend. However now, its too friggin late. Congress doesnt give a damn. The Judiciary do not give a damn. The President most CERTAINLY doesnt give a damn. They are all in on it. Stick a fork in it, its over. The entire system is corrupt to the core!

While Im on the soapbox, I will also say, Im quite tired of coming to "Ron Paul" forums to read about money bombs and website promotions for other candidates. Sorry, but I really dont think it belongs here. You want to promote a money bomb for Lawson, then go to http://www.bjlawsonforums.com and promote the hell out of it there. Those that are interested will come and donate and do their thing. It doesnt belong here in the grassroots section on RonPaulforums.com.

Go ahead, and flame away. Im also a little surprised to see some of the things moderators "move" to other sections, versus the things they do not move. Like why is it these money bombs etc are allowed to remain in the grassroots section, instead of being moved to something like the Other Candidates section, or something like that?!

Ok, getting off my soapbox now, think Im going to go have a beer.

Truth Warrior
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but I know how this is going. Im not even interested any more in RPR's running for a congress that will cease to exist in a few years. Personally, I spent alot of my time, money and energy in RP's campaign, and really thought he would stick it out till the end. Even if he didnt get the nomination, I would like to have seen them push for a speaking spot at the convention. I got all excited all over again when I saw RP flipping off the GOP by staging his own convention, parallel to the GOP's convention. It was extremely exciting. THEN RP decides to suspend his campaign, and for me the air went out of the sails.

I still promote freedom and try to educate people best I can, but when RP decided to suspend his campaign, that was the day my apathy returned. Unfortunately, those of you promoting so heartily, Lawson, Barr, et al are seemingly clueless to what is coming. The National ID act went into effect last May of this year, it is already happening. The only thing that could have stopped this would have been RP in the Whitehouse. I have said this countless times, and will keep saying it till you people wake up.

Instead of wasting your time, money and energy on campaigns that mean nothing, and will achieve less, start planning for the future thats coming. I got myself a nice little piece of land, that I'm covertly setting up to farm. Got my fruit tress in the ground, and lots of nice veggies, irrigation system installed, back up generators, the works. I have started storing away fuel, propane and all the things I will need for me and my family to survive what is coming. I strongly suggest you do the same, or the DAY WILL COME when youll sit here looking back on the time you wasted, and the funds you wasted, and how little was achieved.

Unfortunately, it is at a point of too little too late. If we had these RPR types in office, say 20 years ago, we may have been able to reverse the trend. However now, its too friggin late. Congress doesnt give a damn. The Judiciary do not give a damn. The President most CERTAINLY doesnt give a damn. They are all in on it. Stick a fork in it, its over. The entire system is corrupt to the core!

While Im on the soapbox, I will also say, Im quite tired of coming to "Ron Paul" forums to read about money bombs and website promotions for other candidates. Sorry, but I really dont think it belongs here. You want to promote a money bomb for Lawson, then go to http://www.bjlawsonforums.com and promote the hell out of it there. Those that are interested will come and donate and do their thing. It doesnt belong here in the grassroots section on RonPaulforums.com.

Go ahead, and flame away. Im also a little surprised to see some of the things moderators "move" to other sections, versus the things they do not move. Like why is it these money bombs etc are allowed to remain in the grassroots section, instead of being moved to something like the Other Candidates section, or something like that?!

Ok, getting off my soapbox now, think Im going to go have a beer.

QFT!

;) No FLAME here! :)

MRoCkEd
09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Ah, what the hell.
It's time for some more tough love.

Donate (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate) to Lawson's moneybomb NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM

To the rest of you in the Ron Paul community, I'm SORELY disappointed in you.

And this is how you repay them for their efforts?

This is how you pay tribute to how great of a job B.J. has done in bringing the message of liberty to this district and inspiring people to join the campaign?

You might as well have spit in all of their faces with your actions- or should I say, inactions?- today.

I've increasing come to the conclusion that most of you aren't seriously interested in reclaiming liberty.

Some of this group are just a social club who would prefer to just sit around and whine and bitch about how the world is collapsing or about how the evil puppetmasters at the CFR and Trilateral Commission are trying to turn us into human sacrifices at their Bohemian Grove rituals (or whatever else crazy batshit insane ideas that you guys have) instead of actually DOING something about what's wrong with the world. Others of you are just a bunch of sick personality cult adherents, and in this respect, you're no better than Obama supporters.

Want to prove me wrong? Then start donating (https://www.lawsonforcongress.com/donate/) some freaking money to the campaign, pass the word around online about the candidate and the situation, and help us get $70,000 by midnight Monday night. If everyone on the Campaign for Liberty mailing list donated ONE DOLLAR, with some donating a little more, we could hit this mark. If everyone who regularly comes her donated $100, we'd blow it away. This is really such a steep price to pay to send a true shockwave across the political system? This is what would happen if B.J. was to beat David Price, a long-term Democratic incumbent in a Democratic year, in this election. We're getting lots of Democrats saying that they will support us over Price. But we need a to send a shock wave through a very media-founded district, and to do this, we MUST hit the $100,000 cash on hand mark. It MUST happen. And we MUST raise $500,000 over the next three months.

Paige Michael-Shetley
Lawson for Congress

psst fuck off

Is this guy going to save the planet if I give him my visa card, you are no better than any other campaign staffer if I ever saw one. Please talk MORE shit on what we have done and then ask us for more money. I can only guess why you didn't raise much money if they have piss poor attitude people like yourself running the campaign.

Here is a realization point, it takes much more than money to win things and insults is NOT one of them and if it is then your campaign fundraising would have went through the roof.

What a prick.

------------

I can see what happened, you didn't market this money bomb and are now pissed off that we as the grassroots didn't put it all together for you? can that be true? Here is a thought, actually put together a donation drive and promote it. And if you DID promote it, where did the advertising go? Odds are just an email or two and maybe a post on some ron paul forums? wow what campaigning brilliance and you blame us, fuck off and get off your pedestal.

MRoCkEd
09-17-2008, 05:33 PM
maybe i shouldnt have bumped this :P

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM

It is not that at all, I think they should screen some of the bullshit that some of these "VOLUNTEERS" toss out. I think many forget the "VOLUNTEER" part of their title and need to realize that VOLUNTEERING does mean working for FREE and that really does not need to be made known to us as far as them working for hours for free.

Hell we all did that weekly for Ron Paul and didn't complain about it because we understood that we were VOLUNTEERING.

We all get let down time and again BUT taking it out on us for not giving money or promoting a not so promoted money bomb is laughable at best. Sounds like a whining baby without a nap to me.

You didn't play fair so I'm going to call you obama supporters or conspiracy nuts until I get my way. The sad thing is, it worked and people started donated to stop the baby from crying it seems.

newyearsrevolution08
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM

No it needed to be bumped, I wanted to write it in. I love fun threads lol...

tpreitzel
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Probably not! ;) Oh well, we're all grownups and prioritizing limited resources is never easy. If you have some money to donate for a good cause, do so. If not, encourage others to donate or help his campaign in any fashion if possible. We'll never succeed in advancing liberty if we just sit on our hands. Do what you can...

Highland
09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
#1...Paige needs a day off.

#2 yes...our forum is a little unstable right now...due to our fearless leader not making Pres. for the country....but remember he will always be OUR PRESIDENT

#3 We all want BJ to win...maybe he could have a "Hang Out with BJ Thread" and actually get to ask some questions of him...that would probably rev up interest in fund raising for him!

Highland
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
omg...this thread was started months ago....that is even funnier!

berrybunches
09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I just donated $10.
Its not like I'm not dedicated to liberty but can barely afford to pay my bills, sorry, that's all I can do.

I understand what you are saying about the crazies. I can't stand that crap. I don't see what the hell researching fake owl gods at political vacation camps has anything to do with liberty. No offense to the conspiracy folks, maybe you are on to something, but its surely not as important as helping to vote the idiots out of office.

james1844
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
You know what guys, 10 dollars isn't too small. Its wonderful that you're willing to support BJ! Thanks much for pitching in. Lawson can do it, we just need to get him the money.