PDA

View Full Version : Donated $1,000

skiingff
08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I just donated $1,000 to the Ron Paul campaign. I know I'm on Solaris and it makes some weird file extensions, but the screenshots are here:

http://www.operationnh.com/Screenshot-1.png
http://www.operationnh.com/Screenshot-2.png

http://www.operationnh.com/Screenshot-1.png
http://www.operationnh.com/Screenshot-2.png

Since I didn't want to let my donation go to "waste" and donate just to be donating when we have all these pledges and competitions going on, I listed Ron Paul Meetup #6 (HQNH) as my donation project code to help bump them up from second to first in the Meetup donation competition. HQNH now trails the NYC Meetup by a little less than $2,000. This is the e-mail I sent the HQNH Meetup group leader for my rationale of helping them out:

Hi everyone,

I'm in the DC area, but I'll help you guys out with
the Meetup fundraising competition. If you win (you're
currently in 2nd place by a little less than $3,000),
hopefully you'll invite me to come up to NH to see Ron
Paul!!!. I just donated $1,000 to put HQNH in 2nd
place by only $2,000!!! I'm a poor college student. If
I can do it, you guys can too! Step it up a bit in
these last 4 days. NH is Ron Paul country. Beat out
NYC!!! The nation MUST know that NH is Ron Paul
country, come now -- and come the NH primary in
January (or December ;). We also need to send a strong
message to the Ron Paul campaign that he needs to
spend more time campaigning in NH where some of his
most loyal and most numerous supporters are. The time
is urgent and the time is now -- donate to see the
person that will make American history!!! Remember,
even if you give all you have and HQNH "loses" -- Ron
Paul wins!!!

Donate now:
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0006

- Brandon

The rationale I used is clear and concise. It's 99% guaranteed that New Hampshire will move their primary up to be the first in the nation, and they could possibly do as much as move it up before the Iowa caucus (although not likely). We need to make NH Ron Paul country. This is just one step in that direction. Help me donate to the Ron Paul campaign for HQNH's benefit and get the man to show up in NH! It will make buzz in the local/state media (New Hampshire Loves Ron Paul!), help obtain new NH Ron Paul supporters (VERY important), and give the HQNH Meetup group a new reason to get FIRED UP and advance steadily with their mission to get RP the NH nomination.

So if you can give *ANYTHING*, even $5, they'd appreciate it. NYC has a LOT more Meetup members, and most of the NYC members are from NYC while the HQNH Meetup group has many members from out-of-state. For them to be in 2nd place in this fundraising competition is phenomenal considering the demographics. Especially if you're in a Meetup group that isn't even in the top 20 right now, help HQNH out a bit.

The secure donation link is https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0006

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0006

Donate if you can!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Way to go my man!!!

Stealth4
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Congratulations!

But I thought you already gave $2300 so you were doing the operation NH Ads thing?

Or am I mixing you up with somebody else?

Sunday was my birthday and I recieved $100 so I sent that along to the good doctor.

mconder
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Excellent!

I have to admit I have not donated anywhere near that to the national campaign, I do everything I can to help my local Meetup.

Again, you're awesome.

skiingff
08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Congratulations!

But I thought you already gave $2300 so you were doing the operation NH Ads thing?

Sunday was my birthday and I recieved $100 so I sent that along to the good doctor.

No I stated I *plan* to donate the full $2300, so I need to find something else to give to. I still plan to donate the full $2300, it's a matter of time ($1000 more to go!). I might even have to make another $1,000 donation on behalf of HQNH to get Ron Paul out there :) . Then, I will be sure to show up for his meeting with their group if at all possible, to personally express my support for Ron Paul and help get the NH Meetup group FIRED UP so we can WIN NH. Iowa and New Hampshire are crucial to this campaign (or at least should be).

- Brandon

Kregener
08-27-2007, 04:29 PM
You are to be commended!

I certainly cannot afford to give that much, but I have donated.

Everyone should give $25.00, or whatever they can.

Cowlesy
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
No I stated I *plan* to donate the full $2300, so I need to find something else to give to. I still plan to donate the full $2300, it's a matter of time ($1000 more to go!). I might even have to make another $1,000 donation on behalf of HQNH to get Ron Paul out there :) . Then, I will be sure to show up for his meeting with their group if at all possible, to personally express my support for Ron Paul and help get the NH Meetup group FIRED UP so we can WIN NH. Iowa and New Hampshire are crucial to this campaign (or at least should be).

- Brandon

Let's try to keep your drive to pile donations into one Meetup group confined to this board, as you may discourage Meetup group members a few spots further back in the pack from feeling a need to donate at this time (though sooner or later I imagine they'd chip in for the cause in general). I feel like the point of the competition is to get RP to your locale wherever it may be, not to get him to New Hampshire where he'll already be spending plenty of time. If I was in 6th place and saw a concerted effort to get RP to somewhere 4,000 miles from where I was, I'd consider the whole spirit of the competition to be an effort in futility.

kickzman
08-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Good job! You make me feel ashamed as I haven't even given more than 50 bucks yet..But thats a reality for us cheap college students...:( But I have put ron paul bumper stickers all over my car which I will display proudly once school opens next week. I will be a walking advertisement.:D

skiingff
08-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Let's try to keep your drive to pile donations into one Meetup group confined to this board, as you may discourage Meetup group members a few spots further back in the pack from feeling a need to donate at this time (though sooner or later I imagine they'd chip in for the cause in general). I feel like the point of the competition is to get RP to your locale wherever it may be, not to get him to New Hampshire where he'll already be spending plenty of time. If I was in 6th place and saw a concerted effort to get RP to somewhere 4,000 miles from where I was, I'd consider the whole spirit of the competition to be an effort in futility.

I know :o

I will keep it confined to this board -- I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from donating to RP!!! I think they will more likely get pissed off and try to match my contribution or beat it :) Most people have a competitive nature to them and naturally want to WIN. So therefore 9 times out of 10 it will encourage them to work harder to get their OWN group to win. They will be the big "underdogs" and we ALL want the underdog to win (that's one small reason why some of us are for Ron Paul!) So I think of this as stirring up some friendly competition for the same benefit - Ron Paul.

Edit: P.S. everyone donate to Ron Paul

Other edit: OH, you're from New York City... the home of the current first place group ;)

rich34
Kickzman, you being in college can win over way more votes for Ron Paul than any of our money. Converting your fellow classmates should be priority number 1. There's no telling how much the good Dr. will reap from the young college students if you guys can get out and get your fellow classmates on board.

Cowlesy
Good job! You make me feel ashamed as I haven't even given more than 50 bucks yet..But thats a reality for us cheap college students...:( But I have put ron paul bumper stickers all over my car which I will display proudly once school opens next week. I will be a walking advertisement.:D

$50 bumps in aggregate probably outweigh the $2,300 donations, so we should consider the $25-$50 range every bit as important as the $2,300 donations.

The nice part about his campaign is you know he carefully spends every red cent everyone donates.

Cowlesy
08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Kickzman, you being in college can win over way more votes for Ron Paul than any of our money. Converting your fellow classmates should be priority number 1. There's no telling how much the good Dr. will reap from the young college students if you guys can get out and get your fellow classmates on board.

So very, very true.

lucius
08-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Congratulations!

Way to go and welcome! :D

abstrusezincate
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Here's the other thing. You have to consider that NH is going to get bombarded with Dr. Paul anyway. There's already a rally scheduled for September 29th in Manchester. Other states, like Pennsylvania, with an April 22nd primary, have no chance of seeing him this side of a general without winning this contest.

I'm not saying any one group deserves to win over the other although Philadelphia is trying very hard, but I don't think NH has to worry about saturation. After all, this money is all heading up there in the end.

Dave
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
The rationale I used is clear and concise. It's 99% guaranteed that New Hampshire will move their primary up to be the first in the nation, and they could possibly do as much as move it up before the Iowa caucus (although not likely).

If NH moves their primary forward then Iowa will move their caucus forward. NH and IA have a friendly agreement that NH will be the first primary and IA will be the first caucus and that IA goes first by 8 days.

The 8-day thing might get screwed up as these things jam into the holidays but NH will not happen before Iowa.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
If anyone has maxed out their contribution to the campaign and still has money they can spare, please consider helping me obtain more Ron Paul business cards. I purchased 5,000 during the Ron Paul birthday sale. I just received them yesterday and have already passed out at least 800. I think I am going to run out in the next few weeks, especially since I am stopping by the Texas Straw Poll on my way across the country and those anti-war protestors are going to need a lot of them for themselves and friends. I would purchase them myself, but I am recently married and can't afford to expend any more money. But I would like to keep doing the "on the ground" work. Or, consider purchasing and distributing them yourself. http://http://www.libertytalk.com/liberty_card_rp.php

Here are some of the ideas for distribution that I have implemented so far:

-Stick them in the window seal crack on the driver's side window of cars when you are in parking lots. (windshield wiper placement is too easily overlooked and when noticed while driving will just be brushed away by a flick of the wipers). Park far away from the door and place them on the cars when you walk by on your way in.

-Target book stores. Find the "Current Events," "Politics," or "Bestsellers" sections. These books are the ones that actually move off of the shelves and have our target audience - people interested in politics and capable (we hope) of independent thought. I hit two Barnes and Noble bookstores and got rid of at least a few hundred cards by sticking them in the middle of books. When someone opens it, the card will fall out. And it makes a great bookmark too.

-Stick them in business card holders at front counters of stores. (You don't have to cover the store's card, just stick the cards in vertically and behind the store's cards so they are still visible and if they aren't blocking the store's cards, they might not get removed by an angry owner.)

-Put them in the creases of gas pumps as you fill up. There are little seams in the plastic of gas pumps. Stick them in there and they stick out nicely so they can't be ignored. How many times have you stared around bored at the pump while filling up?

If you want to help me out, please send me a private message. Please let me know if you like this idea. These cards are of very high quality. They are colorful and glossy and are packed with info.

-Ken

- Brandon

libertarian4321
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
I've been donating for the San Antonio meetup group.

Ron Paul has already had a fundraiser here, but I'm greedy, lol.