PDA

View Full Version : I walked into a bar on saturday...

krott5333
08-27-2007, 03:50 PM
in a college town nearby, and all the students were back in town..
so anyway, i walk into the bar with my "Freedom Loving Pennsylvanians Love Ron Paul" shirt, and people starting yelling at me (in a good way)

"oh my god RON PAUL IS THE MAANNNNN!!!"

"dude, let me shake your hand, hell yeah, Ron Paul"

"we NEED to win this, we need this!"

etc etc.

I think now that most schools are back in session (give or take a week), were gonna see a big boost for the campaign.

JoshLowry
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Campuses should be on everyones list of things to do... ;)

Mani
08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
so anyway, i walk into the bar with my "Freedom Loving Pennsylvanians Love Ron Paul" shirt, and people starting yelling at me (in a good way)

etc etc.

I think now that most schools are back in session (give or take a week), were gonna see a big boost for the campaign.

As others have suggested, a big campus movement could be HUGE. Targeting the college age voter, getting them registered as Republican (if necessary) and giving them the freedom message could be a huge boast to the RP campaign.

Also, a lot of them are young, voting for the first time, and taking their vote seriously, so much so, they could enthusiastically joining the cause.

MicroBalrog
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM

etc etc.

This sounds like the beginning of a joke.

"A Ron Paul voter, a Giuliani voter, and a Hillary voter walk into a bar..."

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
This sounds like the beginning of a joke.

"A Ron Paul voter, a Giuliani voter, and a Hillary voter walk into a bar..."

Does it end with the Giulani voter heckling the Hillary voter and eventually making out with his cousin?

empirenine
08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Every time I plan to go into public, I wear one of my numerous Ron Paul t-shirts.

A couple hours ago, I walked into the coffee shop I'm in now and immediately upon entering, a guy walked up to me, shook my hand and said "Ron Paul...he's got my vote!". We exchanged niceties and went on with our business. I love when that happens!

transistor
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
since i've put my ron paul bumper sticker on my car, i've gotten a few peace signs and thumbs up. that never happend before :)

njandrewg
08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Agreed, the start of school year will help replenish the ranks of both activitists and supporters. And we'll be able to get the message out in front of every college student in the country.

Mani
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Agreed, the start of school year will help replenish the ranks of both activitists and supporters. And we'll be able to get the message out in front of every college student in the country.

I remember having student groups in college, it would be nice to get a student group for Ron Paul organize quickly so they can start spreading the word on campus!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I attend UNCW and have put up fliers around campus and at bus stops for Ron. I saw one dude in the rain today standing there reading Ron's flier... many ways to get free advertising my dear friends, the possibilities are vast and infinite.

purepaloma
08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
My Mother in law is selling her house in Florida.

She told me someone came by to look at with a Ron Paul shirt on just this past weekend. She was impressed and starting talking a little politics.

McDermit
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM

etc etc.

Awesome! I have to ask - where in PA was this?

quickmike
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Does it end with the Giulani voter heckling the Hillary voter and eventually making out with his cousin?

Actually it ends with Rudy and Hillary walking out of the bar hand in hand together talking about those "not so fresh" days

krott5333
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Awesome! I have to ask - where in PA was this?

Edinboro, just outside of Erie.

jj111
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Any thoughts about a "Students for Ron Paul" meetup group?