PDA

View Full Version : Lights Out

Dieseler
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Lights Out
by Halffast.

http://www.giltweasel.com/stuff/LightsOut-Current.pdf

I just finished it and found it hard to put down.

Cowlesy
06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I have to say, when you first posted this, I actually went and read through 130 pages of it (PDF pages, not dense book pages), and it is very interesting.

I'd agree, not easy to put down.

I wish I knew where to download, because it tries to refresh every 10minutes or so, and with my old computer it takes forever for the PDF to reload.

EDIT: N/m, I am a 'net dunce and realized all I had to do was click the link to download the file directly.

Uriel999
06-28-2008, 08:11 PM
This is interesting so far, I am already on page 28.

amy31416
06-29-2008, 01:06 AM
I've been reading it as well, very interesting.

sidster
06-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Lights Out
by Halffast.

http://www.giltweasel.com/stuff/LightsOut-Current.pdf

I just finished it and found it hard to put down.

I've been reading it as well, very interesting.

Can someone elaborate a bit more as to what this story is
about and how you came across it?

christagious
07-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Can someone elaborate a bit more as to what this story is
about and how you came across it?

Yes, please. I'd like to know what it's about

Dieseler
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Guys I hate to describe the theme of the book as it would give away to much of the story.
I will give this much away.
It is a fictional account of what happens when the lights go out (in America) but is mainly contained (story) to a mid sized metropolitan American city (in Texas) and its suburbs.
The story is based around one man (Hero, very much) and his family, friends and neighbors and the hardships they encounter as well as what they learn about life after the Lights go Out.
It was a quick and easy read, very well thought out and I learned quite a bit in the process of reading it. It will make you think about the things we have become so accustomed to and how quickly things will change when they cease to exist.
I believe the book was submitted to a fiction section of a semi survival type website called Frugal Squirrel. com.
I have personally written (emailed) the author to thank him for his work as it appears it was given freely and without all of the proof reading or editing that would normally go out with a pro published piece I personally enjoyed it immensely and could never have done any better. All typos are free as well I'm sure just to warn any grammar Nazis who might be offended. I had no problem with the few I found.
The gentleman who wrote this piece had a lot to give from his own mind and imagination and I appreciate it for what it is and highly suggest reading it in the times we are living now.
Give it a shot.
You wont be let down.
Unless you are a Mutant Zombie Biker! (MZB)