PDA

View Full Version : We have a quorum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nevada changes the course of human history.....

Jdayh
06-28-2008, 06:37 PM
For those of you who REALLY WANT DESIRE AND NEED TO HAVE A FREE NATION....Nevada has set a landmark in the halls of history.....Today they have reconvened and remade the NEVADA GOP...and even as I am posting this they are electing delegates to the NATIONAL CONVENTION....(mostly, if not all, Ron Paul delegates) THIS WILL COUNT TOWARDS RON PAUL WINNING THE STATE OF NEVADA....which will allow them to NOMINATE HIM FROM THE FLOOR which is what this whole thing is really all about. Once he has a state that he legally wins(ie gets the majority of delegates for that state) He can then be nominated for President at the National Republican Convention. THIS MEANS THIS CAMPAIGN IS IN FULL GEAR!!!!!

Here is a bit of information on how they are doing this legally....

They did not have a quorum based on the old convention, but that convention has been invalidated due to rule breaking.(see below in bold) So now they have a new quorum with full attendance.Which means it is fully legal and shall withstand the scrutiny of legal challenges that may come!!!!

There is no "former" convention, the convention NEVER recessed. The convention has always been going on. Under RONR (10th. Ed.) sec. 20, p. 222, ln. 30,

"A recess is a short intermission in the assembly's proceedings, commonly only of a few minutes, which does not close the meeting and after which business will immediately be resumed at exactly the point where it was interrupted."

Thus, by definition, a recess can never be used to close a meeting. Under RONR, there are two types of recess: (1) a privileged motion to recess, requiring a majority vote, or (2) a unilateral recess being declared by the chair if it was provided for in the agenda or program. On April 26th, a RECESS was not provided for in the program or agenda (even though the agenda on April 26th. may have provided for ADJOURNMENT at a particular time, completely different from a recess).

Thus, the purported recess on April 26th. would have been valid ONLY if a motion to recess was made and seconded by the convention delegates, and the motion was voted on by a majority of delegates. Even then, however, the recess could not have been used to close the meeting.

For this reason shown above they now have a new quorum that is roughly 300 (a bit more) delegates. And now business is taking place with full legality and force of law behind them. WE THE PEOPLE SHALL AND WILL PREVAIL!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....now GO spread the word to every man, women and creature that we can still win Ron Paul the PRESIDENCY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!

AFM
06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
He dropped out though.
JUST KIDDING, HE DIDNT.

TXcarlosTX
06-28-2008, 06:44 PM
hard!!

AJ Antimony
06-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately you still have to face the Republican National Committee. When the establishment Republicans hold their July convention they will select their slate of McCain delegates and will likely have an old quorum based on the 'first convention.'

When both the July convention and today's convention propose their delegations and arguments to the RNC, guess who the establishment RNC is going to choose as the legit delegation?

You've given evidence why today's convention should be recognized. Now give evidence how whatever argument the July Republicans use is invalid.

deadserious
06-28-2008, 06:52 PM
They did not have a quorum based on the old convention, but that convention has been invalidated due to rule breaking.(see below in bold) So now they have a new quorum with full attendance.Which means it is fully legal and shall withstand the scrutiny of legal challenges that may come!!!!

Correction... The old convention was not invalid because this was a co ntinuation of the old convention, technically day 2 of the same convention. So there is really no difference between old and new. one in the same.

Also, it was not found that the day one of the convention was invalid, only that the credentials report was improper because it was received under a ruling that we were operating under no rules which violates party rules.

With a new credentials report that was properly received, we could resume the second day.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
He dropped out though.

Meh, big deal. Rack up the delegates regardless I say.

Correction... The old convention was not invalid because this was a co ntinuation of the old convention, technically day 2 of the same convention. So there is really no difference between old and new. one in the same.

Also, it was not found that the day one of the convention was invalid, only that the credentials report was improper because it was received under a ruling that we were operating under no rules which violates party rules.

This is the problem right here. The dirty, corrupt GOP is going to side with McCain no matter how legit today's convention was. They're the ones who shut down the April convention after it became clear Paul would win. They strong-armed useful idiot Bob Beers too.

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amanda-becker/nevada-ron-paul-supporter_b_108788.html

dannno
06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
He dropped out though.

No, he only ended his campaign. He is still in the race, he just can't "campaign"

btw, if you read this, I'd appreciate it if you edited your comment so others don't have the wrong impression.

dannno
06-28-2008, 06:59 PM
You've given evidence why today's convention should be recognized. Now give evidence how whatever argument the July Republicans use is invalid.

Because we did it first. The other convention heads were voted out of office, they don't have the authority to run a convention any more.

This is the benefit of playing by the rules.

james1844
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Democracy in action, way to work it guys. Keep up the great work!

Jdayh
06-28-2008, 07:08 PM
He dropped out though.

NO --he only suspended his campaign, he did not release any of his delegates now or future delegates....it was done simply to use his campaign money more wisely ,with less restrictions...

syborius
06-28-2008, 07:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Eat it Neocons! this is too funny...all the power and money in the world can not stop a small and persistent group of people from exerting their will and determination on world events. This is awesome. Where is that link for the stream?

Arklatex
06-28-2008, 07:18 PM
the revolutioooooooaaan!!!

newbitech
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
i would be surprised if the establishment GOP tries to challenge this. The last thing McCain needs is the Obama press talking about a divided GOP. This is nice leverage to get Dr. Paul an invitation to the Republican Convention in which he should accept with the condition that all of his friends be allowed to attend.

Butt..... I don't expect that at this point. The Campaign is not ready to capitalize I'm afraid. Hate to sound so negative, but I am jealous and wish this could have happened here in FL. I just don't think Dr. Paul really has it in him to carry this fight. He did what he set out to accomplish beyond his wildest dreams. I just hope he is ready to make one more statement and that is to try and force the GOP to allow his alt convention to join with the GOP, even if it is standing room only. Of course the repubs will turn it down..

But that is what it will take to get American's, regular non political folks, on our side in this fight.

Agent CSL
06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
This is great news. Forget about all the bad scenarios and focus on the fact that we are still a large presence in the GOP convention, and this just gives us more steam. :)

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
06-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Jdayh, would you mind adding the digg link to your first post?

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/REMEMBER_RENO_Nevada_Delegates_achieve_QUORUM

syborius
06-28-2008, 07:42 PM
bump

All Seeing Eye
06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
The last thing McCain needs is the Obama press talking about a divided GOP.

Of course, you are assuming that Obama would do any such thing and that the right/left, Republican/Democrat paradigm is in the least bit real and not the wrestling-style charade that it truly is.

So, Obama keeps his mouth shut and the NV GOP cheat Ron Paul out of his delegates...Who wants to bet me?!?!!?

Hell, even if Obama turned out NOT to be a CFR-owned warmongering bitch boy, he would say nothing as the last thing he wants right now is the possibility of another challenger getting in the ring. He is enjoying giving Crack Cocaine the "Smackdown" so much it isn't even funny anymore!

When are the GOP going to accept that McInsane simply CANNOT win the election for them and give the only real hope for change a shot?! (rhetorical, of course!)

rprprs
06-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Yikes... I can't believe we get good news and right away the nay-sayers climb out from below. Whatever the morrow brings, for now I say:

CONGRATULATIONS, NEVADA PATRIOTS!

AJ Antimony
06-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Because we did it first. The other convention heads were voted out of office, they don't have the authority to run a convention any more.

This is the benefit of playing by the rules.

Let me see if I understand...

Because the June convention voted the heads out of office, they just won't show up to their July convention?

I'm pretty sure they're going to conduct their convention whether voted out or not.

newbitech
06-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Of course, you are assuming that Obama would do any such thing and that the right/left, Republican/Democrat paradigm is in the least bit real and not the wrestling-style charade that it truly is.

So, Obama keeps his mouth shut and the NV GOP cheat Ron Paul out of his delegates...Who wants to bet me?!?!!?

Hell, even if Obama turned out NOT to be a CFR-owned warmongering bitch boy, he would say nothing as the last thing he wants right now is the possibility of another challenger getting in the ring. He is enjoying giving Crack Cocaine the "Smackdown" so much it isn't even funny anymore!

When are the GOP going to accept that McInsane simply CANNOT win the election for them and give the only real hope for change a shot?! (rhetorical, of course!)

it won't be Obama doing it. It will be the media looking to spin and propagandize and patronize the Obama supporters. The left/right Repub/Dem paradigm is real in the eye and pen of the vast VAST majority of voters. THAT my friend is the reality.

I think what you are offering is a suckers bet because I truly believe that this won't make the MSM. McCain doesn't need the Nevada delegates. It won't be challenged publicly until well after the election. McCain's camp is more than willing to concede this loss to pacify and distract the revolution crowd.

What the Nevada Ron Paul supporters accomplished is nothing short of spectacular and should be a blue print for 2010. But this is a hollow victory unless the candidate takes up fight. We will be once again begging for media attention over this, and once again the media with throw us a bone that has already been picked. The media will insult us and continue to make fun and TROA (the rest of america) will laugh at us like a failed idol contestant. Don't you see the pattern here?

IF for some reason this win happens to cause a national stir, McCain will use it to his advantage by inviting Dr. Paul to speak at the convention. Dr. Paul will likely decline, HOWEVER, if the invitation is sent because of this win (and that would be the right thing for the GOP to do), Dr. Paul's campaign should NOT decline. Dr. Paul should accept with the condition that everyone at his rally be invited to the convention floor as well. FORCE the GOP to decline Dr. Paul's one and only condition and that is all Ron Paul supporters be recognized for believing that the republican party is the party of the founders.

PS, did you get past "Obama press"? or just decide to jump all over that? Cause I wasn't really talking about that dichotomy in my post.

Flash
06-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm confused. I thought Ron Paul officially dropped out a few weeks back? Look at his front page on his website.

syborius
06-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm confused. I thought Ron Paul officially dropped out a few weeks back? Look at his front page on his website.

no, he suspended the campaign, it was a ploy to put the GOP operatives to sleep while the real RP patriots have been working feverishly to make this happen.

The strategy has not changed at all.

newbitech
06-28-2008, 08:25 PM

he suspended campaign activities. The primaries are over so no more voting by regular voters. Its on to the delegates to vote. Since Dr. Paul will not go 3rd party or write-in/independent AND he doesn't have the delegates to secure the R party nominee, the run for the white house is over.

What is left is some 4.5 million and momentum of the supporters. Dr. Paul has decided to shift his attention from running a fruitless campaign for the 2008 presidency to the broader campaign for liberty. He is now free to interact more directly with the grass roots.

Jamsie 567
06-28-2008, 08:25 PM
What ever happens Nevada patriots my sincerest thanks for standing up for the United States of America.

May God Bless us all!

newbitech
06-28-2008, 08:28 PM
no, he suspended the campaign, it was a ploy to put the GOP operatives to sleep while the real RP patriots have been working feverishly to make this happen.

The strategy has not changed at all.

I agree the GOP convention that nominates John McCain will be a snooze fest with out Ron Paul there. I don't know enough about the Republican Party rules to say 100% sure that Ron Paul supporters cannot stage a similar coup. SOOO.... I will concede that I am totally duped by this plan as well and say that there is NO WAY on Gods green earth that Ron Paul runs against Obama.

skyorbit
06-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Why don't you just make sure everybody comes to the July one too.

That way when you fight over which continuation is legitimate, you can fight over the good vs the better one, instead of good vs bad.

Tracy

pauletteNV
06-28-2008, 08:48 PM

Because the June convention voted the heads out of office, they just won't show up to their July convention?

I'm pretty sure they're going to conduct their convention whether voted out or not.

They have never intended to have a reconvene. That's the part that people keep forgetting. I was there today...it was a brilliant move with every possible objection and counter thrust already planned for.
What the NV GOP presented in a letter from Sue Lowden said, in essence: "we are considering July 26th, but you'll need to rsvp and send in $35 to cover the cost of security due to the expected problems (with Ron Paul people)." In other words, we can plan this date if enough of you are willing to contribute and aren't too frightened by possible violence. I might note here, that today's convention needed no security intervention that I was aware of, and all delegates managed to abstain from doing other's bodily harm :rolleyes: Back to the letter, or you can opt to have a mail-in ballot...the implied offer being, no travel expenses, no $35 and no possible violence. But what they failed to explain is that the mail-in would not have been voted on by the delegates at the April 26th event who now have the power, and thus would be illegal. So, now more delays have taken place and there can be no new date, so says Sue Lowden "oh, we can just submit the original slate as brought forward by the original nominating committee." Now we are right back on track......

Except now, we have had the delegates convention, never forgetting that the delegates have the power once they are credentialed...and today we made the decisions on the delegates and concluded business. Frankly, I expect them to refute its legitimacy, but legally, I think the delegates have right and law on their side. It will all play out...but with publicity, with many getting their energy back for the challenge to the GOP leadership....just tons of good has come from this action today. So, please let the experts handle the challenges, chip-in when possible and let's keep this momentum going! So proud to be a Nevadan today!

Ixzion
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Nevada, I love you!

MozoVote
06-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I wonder if this could drag on and create a party schism that lasts beyond the election? Would there be a "Northern Nevada Republican Party" with its own chairman and committees, and a competing "Lowden Cabal Republican Party".

rprprs
06-28-2008, 08:56 PM

There are few, if any, of us that haven't already seen the front page of RP's website. Most of us saw it on day one. And many, like myself, were dismayed to see that he had ceased to actively campaign. But it was, also, his expectation that the ongoing delegate process continue.

The media may take no note of this, the GOP may challenge this, and no, Ron Paul will not be your next president. But this is a victory for which the patriots in Nevada worked very hard. Please offer them your congratulations and support.

puppetmaster
06-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Does anyone realize that the GOP is at its weakest point ever.....ever!
Weaker than that of the watergate era.....time to go for the kill. Take them from the inside out Stay focused!!

Bruno
06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
What ever happens Nevada patriots my sincerest thanks for standing up for the United States of America.

May God Bless us all!

Well said! Thank you Nevada for all your dedication!

HOLLYWOOD
06-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Unfortunately you still have to face the Republican National Committee. When the establishment Republicans hold their July convention they will select their slate of McCain delegates and will likely have an old quorum based on the 'first convention.'

When both the July convention and today's convention propose their delegations and arguments to the RNC, guess who the establishment RNC is going to choose as the legit delegation?

Bush will just declare 'MARTIAL LAW in Nevada' and appoint all delegates to John Lieberman McCain, due to National Security.

That's usually how they do it... amazing just how scummy politics have become in this nation. The GOP/RNC will have to be careful of not committing suicide with their dictator actions... OBAMA/Howard Dean can completely capitalize on any Circus stunts the RNC tries to pull on Democratic voting.

If they don't... YOU NOW KNOW, the 2 PARTY SYSTEM is a RIGGED SHELL GAME!

born2drv
06-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I think this is great news.... and I don't mean to be a nay-sayer.. but according to some reports I've read, the quorom was not valid until they changed the rules at the new convention?

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/22514459.html

There were <400 delagates that showed up and 1400 or so delagates at the last one. So is this a real quorom or what? Will it hold water?

deadserious
06-28-2008, 09:18 PM

They have no intention to have their July convention. It was a ruse to keep people from showing up today.

deadserious
06-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Why don't you just make sure everybody comes to the July one too.

That way when you fight over which continuation is legitimate, you can fight over the good vs the better one, instead of good vs bad.

Tracy

We can't.

As part of this convention we closed all business for the remainder of the year. Any business performed after today's vote count is complete is invalid.

tonesforjonesbones
06-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you Nevada patriots. tones

erin moore
06-28-2008, 09:31 PM
As someone who was called dillatory, disruptive, totally ignored from the floor- as someone who had Goons- er, sergeants at arms- putting their hands on me trying to eject me from MY state's convention-

THANK YOU.

For whatever comes of this, your effort is not in vain. Never give up. Thank you so much for staying in the fight. I love you guys.

We are all true patriots. This is when it counts, when its hard.

People I barely knew came to my defense that day of our convention. "If you're going to remove her, you'll have to take me, too." Its attitudes like that, like yours, that are inspiring all of us to keep going.

I will stand all alone crying out for justice if I have to, but its wonderful to know that, for know we all have each other.

CONGRATS!!

wgadget
06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you, Nevada patriots!

AJ Antimony
06-28-2008, 09:54 PM
They have no intention to have their July convention. It was a ruse to keep people from showing up today.

They did pick a date though...

We will see.

Wolfgang Bohringer
06-28-2008, 09:59 PM
puppetmaster said: Does anyone realize that the GOP is at its weakest point ever.....ever!
Weaker than that of the watergate era.....time to go for the kill. Take them from the inside out Stay focused!!

The northern Nevadans were the ones who really stayed focused and made this happen today. They probably had well over 200 of the 328 credentialed delegates.

If we could somehow re-focus about 500 Las Vegas Ron Paul Republicans to re-register as Clark County Commiteemen and show up to every meeting, then we could rule the county and thereby the whole state.

For the past 6 months we've usually had about 1/3 of the members at Clark County Committee meetings. As we Ron Paul Republicans have stepped up our crashing of these social gatherings, the anti-Paulians seem to have matched us in getting out the vote. And as attendence has dwindled in the 2 meetings since the caucuses, the % of pro to anti-Paulians has remained at about 1/3.

The simple lesson of all of this is that it only takes getting and extra 1 or 2 hundred people to show up at these things and stay through the delays to win the votes for the leadership positions and avoid being railroaded by people like Beers and Lowden in the future.

In Nevada and Clark County this has been going on for 10 years. In the 1998 Clark County Convention, all the Russo Republicans needed was an extra 100 or so delegates to stay through the 4th vote on day 2 after having already won 3 Sue Lowden re-dos and we could have stopped them:

http://www.electricnevada.com/pages98/convention_interview.htm

From here on in, when it comes to Republican caucuses, committee meetings and conventions:

"Come along and tell your sister and your brother!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqF7nruMDDY...

"Division is a new world order
Life Won't Wait!"

RideTheDirt
06-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Nevada Kick's GOP ass! I'm sure their little get together will have 10 men smoking cigars trying to figure how to clean shit out of expensive clothing!

nc4rp
06-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow nevada!!

Dorfsmith
06-28-2008, 10:06 PM
:):):)

pauletteNV
06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
They did pick a date though...

We will see.

AJ - They sent a little letter out with an RSVP for a certain date which is so late that there is no room to reschedule, change, whatever. They also asked for $35 with an rsvp for extra security because of the possible violence...or they give you an option for a mail-in, which based on everything most of us have been able to research as it was not made the official method of vote by motion, second and vote at the convention, and therefore it is illegal. So this is not a set in stone date, this is a trial balloon with caveats which would turn most people off, which is exactly what they want. They have had no intention of having a reconvene all along. Do not be fooled by a "date." If that was "the date" there would be no option. End of story, and now, end of NV GOP current leadership, imo. I would never vote for any incumbent who did not support the efforts of the delegates, the true leaders of the convention, by law.

BKom
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Just got back from Reno. Great people and great experience. The legalities have been well covered. We played by the proper rule book and the next move is up to the party. They had no intention of ever reconvening, but because of what was done today, they will likely now try to do so.

No Ron Paul people and very few others will make the trip to Reno for their get together if it happens. And we will not fill out any mail in ballots. Because we properly adjourned sine die, they cannot do anything further. Will that stop them? Well, they've never bothered to work by their own rules before.

Whatever happens, there was a room full of almost 400 people I am proud to call my friends. We conducted a professional, courteous, well thought out convention. And if only the party regulars had bothered to show up, they would have been very pleasantly surprised. Their convention stunk. They could have learned something about being more than just a social club that brings in patronage today.

Brian Kominsky
Former Coordinator Clark County, Nevada
Ron Paul 2008

jbuttell
06-28-2008, 11:51 PM
you guys are inspiring!

alaric
06-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Bravo Nevada! Wish i didn't live in such a crappy political state like NJ. I wish i were with you guys!:cool:

LibertyCola
06-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Sweet we have 1 state, Mccain only has 49. We totally got this in the bag.

asgardshill
06-29-2008, 12:14 AM

You honestly have no conception of what this is really about, do you noob?

LibertyCola
06-29-2008, 12:17 AM

It will be awesome to hear the Nevada role call, yes. But some people hear are acting as if Ron Paul could win, which is what my response was to.

dannno
06-29-2008, 12:35 AM

hahahah shill's just been shilled!!

Matt Collins
06-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Brian Kominsky
Former Coordinator Clark County, Nevada
Ron Paul 2008Were you able to get any RP people as delegates to the National GOP convention in MSP?

phoenixrising
06-29-2008, 12:56 AM
<<<The media may take no note of this, the GOP may challenge this, and no, Ron Paul will not be your next president. But this is a victory for which the patriots in Nevada worked very hard.>>>

BRAVO Nevada!!!!!

It's the damn principle of the point !!! You stayed until the end.... & followed the rules....something they have obviously *forgotten*? :rolleyes:

GREAT job u guys!!!!!!! i only wish many more states had the continuous #'s of people that showed ...to make a difference....& not get discouraged.

this is just the beginning!

u guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

AdamT
06-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Amazing, amazing. Can't wait to see what happens!

american.swan
06-29-2008, 01:03 AM
I think Nevada patriots and freedom fighters have done a great thing.

What worth will it be? Well it could go many ways. The RNC could invalidate the whole thing. It doesn't matter. The Nevada patriots did what they had to do. That's the important thing and did the best they could.

Ex Post Facto
06-29-2008, 01:14 AM
This goes to show that changes will be made first at the state levels in our efforts. While we must focus on voting in people on the national level...let's not forget how important our states our to stand up to the Federal governments overreaching authority.

Paul Revered
06-29-2008, 01:33 AM
This is outstanding news. Thank you Nevada. Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

Jdayh
06-29-2008, 01:35 AM

NOT TRUE HE(mccain) does not have 49 states(I know you were being sarcastic..but hear me out) I am not sure exactly how many he had(past tense) but I do know that there are still conventions to be had, and we can still win those conventions....

kirkblitz
06-29-2008, 02:11 AM
so how many delegates did we get? im sure some mccain ones were elected

Razmear
06-29-2008, 02:21 AM
The thing that amazes me is that none of the news articles I have seen on this issue ever mention that Ron Paul beat McCain in Nevada.

Great Job in NV! Thanks for keeping hope alive!

eb

UKLooney
06-29-2008, 03:22 AM
By fav US state, the world thanks you...

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 04:45 AM
Nevada for President!! Thanks, everyone!!!

rprprs
06-29-2008, 04:51 AM

It will be awesome to hear the Nevada role call, yes. But some people hear are acting as if Ron Paul could win, which is what my response was to.

Your follow-up disclaimer notwithstanding, this type of post is dismissive and negative. It's the type of comment one would have expected from a Fox News pundit. Seeing it in RP Forums is unfortunate and sad.

Whatever the final outcome, please allow the awesome Nevada Patriots their moment of glory. They have earned it.

SnappleLlama
06-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Bump for the glorious patriots of Nevada!!

szczebrzeszyn
06-29-2008, 07:43 AM
digg:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/REMEMBER_RENO_Nevada_Delegates_achieve_QUORUM

pauletteNV
06-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you Razmear! Your point is not mentioned anywhere near as often as it should be. Ron Paul beat John McCain in Nevada. We were not stealing anything that wasn't ours by right when we got delegates for Ron Paul.

We must take this win in the overall battle and build on it. Let your enthusiasm soar...when we have right on our side and when we use all the techniques available by law, we can make steps forward. Notice has been given to the RNC in DC that the party will change, with or without them...we're going to honor the directions of our founders and the Constitution. The corrupt element of the Party which is doing things one way because that's how it suits them, not We The People, now know that we are learning and we can do this. Their egos are huge and they are used to getting their own way...well there's a new Sheriff and posse in town and we mean business. There will be no magical quick answer, we have taken some heavy knocks and they have a MSM on their side, but we are taking small steps. Focus and stick with the program...do not waiver. Negativity gets one nothing.

armstrong
06-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Thankyou Nevada Patriots, Great Job.......

MMolloy
06-29-2008, 11:02 AM
1st WAY TO GO NEVADA

I just don't think Dr. Paul really has it in him to carry this fight.
You can't be serious?!? He's been taking this fight to them for longer than you've been alive!

I just hope he is ready to make one more statement and that is to try and force the GOP to allow his alt convention to join with the GOP...
You are way off base here! If somehow we can change enough delegates minds to support RP (big if, I know) they will come to his convention on the 2nd and we will know whether we have the majority in any or enough states to possibly win a fight on the convention floor. No matter what takes place on the 2nd, one of the outcomes will be that we will no where we stand as far as support within the delegations of the various states.

He can proceed with his convention/rally as a educational and rallying tool and he/we will be prepared if fortune favors us THIS year.

brooklyn
06-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Awesome convention! Let me start by thanking all the RP supporters who showed up and never gave up. A special thank you to N.Nevada. supporters and delegates who have given so much and whose help, aid, and willingness to open their homes, pockets, and hearts for the cause was invaluable- Thank you again.
Everyone was heard at this convention. RP supporters were heavily in the majority however courtesy, patience and respect were given to all regardless of views or affliation. To the S.Nevada delegates who incurred additional expenses and time and effort, a loud thank you is in order.
We are united in our effort and can be proud of our results.
Whatever the GOP does will never diminish our effort, tenacity, or our patriotism.
I am proud to say that I am one of the priveledged delegates elected to bring our message of freedom to St. Paul.
I will not only be representing my state Nevada, but each and every one of you who have given so much of your time to our cause. I will be representing all who have been silenced illegally by the GOP.
I will remain true to the message and shout "Never McCain":)

Dustancostine
06-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Thank You.

Matt Collins
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
The thing that amazes me is that none of the news articles I have seen on this issue ever mention that Ron Paul beat McCain in Nevada. Would you expect any less? :confused:

speciallyblend
06-29-2008, 11:59 AM
RON PAUL WILL BE OUR OUR REPUBLICAN NOMINEE in 2008 ,or the gop is finished in this election!!!!!

Roxi
06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
some people are also forgetting that this revolution isn't just about this election... its also about a full takeover

ItsTime
06-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I think this is great news.... and I don't mean to be a nay-sayer.. but according to some reports I've read, the quorom was not valid until they changed the rules at the new convention?

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/22514459.html

There were <400 delagates that showed up and 1400 or so delagates at the last one. So is this a real quorom or what? Will it hold water?

anyone know this?

szczebrzeszyn
06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
anyone know this?

yes, read this thread :)

New York For Paul
06-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Too bad the official campaign turned down help from the former political operatives of Nevada Senator Chick Hecht.

During his political career, he led the move that lifted the 55 mph speed limit.

Former Sen. Paul Laxalt, R-Nev., called Hecht "one of the gutsiest politicians" he ever knew.

"Regardless of how the political winds might be blowing, Chic staunchly defended his cherished ideas," Laxalt said. "His basic philosophy could be summed up in an old truism I often heard him quote: 'Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life.' "

His defeat of 24-year Senate veteran Howard Cannon, D-Nev., was described by state Archivist Guy Rocha as the biggest upset in Nevada politics.

The campaign sure could have used these guys but they turned them down.

SteveMartin
06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
The Republican National Committee will throw the whole thing out.

BUT ALL HAIL NEVADANS!!!!...Anyway.

Thanks for your courage, devotion and patriotism.

This was our modern version of the "Boston Massacre." The revolution keeps steaming along...

deadserious
06-29-2008, 02:20 PM
The Republican National Committee will throw the whole thing out.

I was prepared to show up and walk out if there were less than the 650 or so needed for the quorum. For me it is a matter of principal. I wanted to honor the process even if they did not act honorably to us in April.

But I was impressed.

The first part of yesterday's convention was well scripted with each motion made with the express role documenting the legality of the day's business regardless of how many people showed up. Step by step the process was followed according to nevada gop, rnc and rror rules. Each act was defined and explained with parliamentary cause and each point countered a point that was almost certainly going to be used to try to invalidate the convention.

I would be shocked if the rnc could find one thing wrong with the proceedings and the rules that permitted the reconvene, let alone find enough wrong with it to throw it out.

So if it is thrown out, it will be obvious as to why.

pauletteNV
06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Agreed...they did an excellent job. One has to remember, that the GOP is already having trouble pushing McCain and if they raise too much ruckus about our few delegates...they might garner much more adverse publicity than it is worth. There is no doubt this will be fought by our side if it occurs and they will lose face. As far as I am concerned, it was a tremendous boost to our side, a recognition that the delegates own the convention, not the party. I have yet to hear the fat lady sing and each step we make forward is one for the Campaign for Liberty. Who knows what could happen by September the way the economy and other matters are changing in this country lately? This was a well thought-out effort and I thank the organizers.

brooklyn
06-29-2008, 03:14 PM
It seems more and more obvious that the GOP has endorsed the wrong candidate. McCain WILL NOT nor CANNOT defeat Hussein in the Nov. election. Even his supporters are seeing this.

syborius
06-29-2008, 04:10 PM
bump for liberty

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-29-2008, 05:42 PM
nt

RCA
06-29-2008, 05:45 PM
It seems more and more obvious that the GOP has endorsed the wrong candidate. McCain WILL NOT nor CANNOT defeat Hussein in the Nov. election. Even his supporters are seeing this.

Source?

brooklyn
06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Reno-Gazette Journal- 6/29/08-
Hussien leads Mcinsane or as my wife calls him-McLiebertwin-
47% to 22% in the Hispanic vote.
The rest is pure conjecture and my opinion.:)

RCA
06-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Reno-Gazette Journal- 6/29/08-
Hussien leads Mcinsane or as my wife calls him-McLiebertwin-
47% to 22% in the Hispanic vote.
The rest is pure conjecture and my opinion.:)

Cool, thanks!

Joseph Hart
06-29-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmYmXxayKYA
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8573614&nav=menu549_1
http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/06/29/nevada-ron-paul-patriots-play-politics-with-re-convened-convention/1229/

Jdayh
07-02-2008, 08:18 AM

not if there is a court order that says the convention we just had was and is fully legal!!

freelance
07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Source?

Common sense? McCain lost the last 13 polls, and did poorly in most.

Jdayh
07-07-2008, 06:25 AM
bump so all can see this....

phixion
07-07-2008, 06:31 AM
If the country is at 'war' with Iran by the time of the general election, you can bet the public and the media will want McCain in office. Surely.

Pete

John E
07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Nevada Patriots: well played, very well played!!

pauletteNV
07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
What the Terhune family, Mike Weber, the RP candidates, Jdayh, Jason...the delegates who again spent the time and money to attend on June 28th, and many other organizers did was incredible, yet it has gotten little play in the media. If anyone still thinks the media is "free" to report the news, think again.

Remember, any good strategy in advertising...and the bottomline is we want to advertise our success...is repetition. It is much like we seen when the government is trying to sell us on a solution to a problem...repeat it over and over, until it seems as though they are being transparent and it is the truth. In this case, what happened in Nevada is the truth, but no one has heard it over and over again. I've checked in a couple of other states and no one heard about it at all. I would suggest that we all continue to bombard our friends, meetups, local media representatives (wherever you live) with the news of what happened here in Nevada on June 28th. Send emails to Sue Lowden and Bob Beers. congratulating them on a job well done :-) , or not. I believe today is the day for delegates to respond to Sue Lowden's questionaire...for that is what it is, not a true date for reconvening. Too late, Sue, it has been completed and you and Bob Beers failed the party. IMO this needs to regain some strength and we need to regain strength from it, too. We are, and will continue to be, a force to reckon with!

torchbearer
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd invite Ron to speak at this continued convention.

Carole
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I hope you are getting the publicity out on this, getting it in all the papers and other media. :)

steve005
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
bump!

mstrmac1
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
we have a march to get to in DC too!