PDA

View Full Version : Burning Man

Shink
08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
As you may know, Nevada is an early primary state. As you may or may not know, the Burning Man (event) is happening there real soon (I think it's starting today, can't tell from the news sources). This draws a lot of people (almost 40,000 last year, it grows every year) and is considered a huge 'counterculture' event. It's held in Black Rock, Nevada and I was wondering if there was anyone on top of this/someone who can make it there and promote Ron Paul there? I gather that people must be coming from all over, so you'd be promoting Ron Paul to many people from different states as well. So...ideas?

nayjevin
08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
learning man
yearning man
churning man
earning man
turning man

belian78
08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
so far as i know, no ones planned anything big for it anyway. from what i've read about burningman, it wouldnt really be the place to talk politics. that is unless it's changed quite a bit. cant really have a political discussion with a group of naked people dancing around out of their gourds.

constituent
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Burning man is completely wanker... a commercial of itself... an assembly of agents and narcs... seriously though... really, it is (don't trust me, i'm just paranoid).

but if you go, hell ya... i'm sure there's plenty of tag alongs and wannabefrees to recruit, just don't buy anything from them... ya dig?

Harry96
08-27-2007, 02:20 PM
That's one of my favorite episodes of Malcolm in the Middle, but I thought they just made it up; I didn't know it's a real event.

It'd probably be a great place for volunteers in the area to pass out campaign materials.

Brian
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I considered going and promoting/attracting this year, but I have spent my time and money trying to save the country with this campaign :). Its a great idea, my resources are just depleted. Burners are generally a diverse, open minded and liberty embracing group. An easier proposition might be the local pre or post parties. I intend on promoting RP at the local Vegas related event.

If you want to plan something at one of the large decompression parties like San Fran PM me.

DjLoTi
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I wish I could go! lol. That'd be sweet. Maybe next year ;)

thuja
08-27-2007, 03:43 PM
As you may know, Nevada is an early primary state. As you may or may not know, the Burning Man (event) is happening there real soon (I think it's starting today, can't tell from the news sources). This draws a lot of people (almost 40,000 last year, it grows every year) and is considered a huge 'counterculture' event. It's held in Black Rock, Nevada and I was wondering if there was anyone on top of this/someone who can make it there and promote Ron Paul there? I gather that people must be coming from all over, so you'd be promoting Ron Paul to many people from different states as well. So...ideas?

all i know is that an online pal of mine is there, and he is a Ron Paul fan.

Shink
08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
So nobody thinks there's any merit to the idea? How are we planning to win Nevada, again???

peacemonger
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Its a good idea. You should go. Take some friends and promote Ron Paul in any way you can. 40k is a good size audience. If you could set a goal of talking 100 people per day, you could really make a difference. Maybe the people you talk to will talk to their fellow campers and Burning man will turn into a real Ron Paul Revolution... but with fire! How cool would that be?... the symbolism of burning down the barriers to freedom and igniting a Revolution... serious poetic justice.

Brian
08-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I guess it is worthy to note that at least 80% of the participants are from out of state.

ksuguy
08-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm guessing most of the crowd there is from California.

Danke
09-14-2015, 12:52 AM
Burning Man Considers Legal Action Against Quiznos Over Ad

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/burning-man-considers-legal-action-against-quiznos-over-ad-n426476

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBVBHRD5lNU

goRPaul
09-15-2015, 06:42 PM
It's wishful thinking, but I don't think that crowd will be interested in politics during their time there. They're there to make friends and have a good time, and perhaps evolve within themselves in a way. I'm not saying you won't be successful or have fun, but since a ticket is hundreds of dollars, I wouldn't expect a good ROI.

JK/SEA
09-15-2015, 06:51 PM
blimp?

Anti Federalist
09-15-2015, 07:23 PM
LOL

Check your privilege. We all know it's racism if blacks don't want to go to the desert to eat shrooms whilst pedaling around on a whale dick tricycle listening to Skrillex and eating some vegan bullshit.

Not attending a big sausage fest sounds like good sense to me.

Hippies and lefties and hipsters milling about in broiling hot, dust storm riddled desert in August.

Yeah, not my cup o' tea either.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2015, 07:24 PM
It's wishful thinking, but I don't think that crowd will be interested in politics during their time there. They're there to make friends and have a good time, and perhaps evolve within themselves in a way. I'm not saying you won't be successful or have fun, but since a ticket is hundreds of dollars, I wouldn't expect a good ROI.

$390 a head. :eek:

phill4paul
09-15-2015, 07:39 PM
$390 a head. :eek:

Trusties mostly. Not jail trusties, trust-fund babies, mostly.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Trusties mostly. Not jail trusties, trust-fund babies, mostly.

Eating tofu, tripping and pedaling whale dick tricycles.

phill4paul
09-15-2015, 08:19 PM
Eating tofu, tripping and pedaling whale dick tricycles.

Well, what the else is there to do when your not captaining a ship or doing handiwork for a living?