PDA

View Full Version : Can I get opinions?

brent022
05-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I am planning on sending an email out to people I personally know telling them a little about Ron Paul and wanted to get opinions on my first draft. Also if someone can verify the dates I added below regarding his congressional service, I don't want to send out any info that might be incorrect. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I haven’t done anything like this before as I tend to keep my opinions on these types of issues to myself but for the first time since I have followed politics (and I was a political science major at college) there is a politician that I feel is worth endorsing. His name is Ron Paul (I know I hadn’t heard of him before either) and he is running for the Republican nomination for the presidential election in 2008.

When I first saw his stance on a number of issues I saw that many were close to beliefs I myself hold. Then I found out he has had a long career as a Congressman and has been completely consistent in his voting (not a flip flopper or someone who says what the polls say is popular), not beholden to special interests, and a politician who, believe it or not, thinks we should follow the Constitution. I strongly encourage anyone who cares about the direction our country is heading to take a look at his website www.ronpaul2008.com. Also he is a doctor that has delivered around 4,000 babies during his career (beats kissing them). While I don’t agree with everything he says (who does anyone ever agree 100% with) the idea of having a candidate with both integrity and intelligence is an opportunity I can’t pass up.

I hope that none of you find this to much of an intrusion and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. Regardless of who you support remember to vote in the primary. (For those of us in Florida they just changed the legislation to move it into late January). If any of you are interested in more information feel free to contact me. If you do want to respond please don’t reply to all as my intention is not to make a clutter of anyone’s email.

Best wishes,
Brent

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record (Congressman 76-84, 97-Present)
He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

findmemonkey
05-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Great just put these on tops of the list
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

also include link to a good video on youtube

DjLoTi
05-27-2007, 06:10 AM
I say do whatever works for you. Get involved with 'your people', people like you. Your community.

I just call my family and talk to them about the election. I tell them I've been following politics, and ask them questions. I talk about current events. I talk about YouTube. I talk about news. It's not that difficult.

That's how I've talked to my family about it...