PDA

View Full Version : Our 'Can't Win' Mentality

Throwback280s
06-28-2008, 07:25 AM
You may have remembered my involvement with creating the official evangelical ads for Ron Paul's early primaries as well as author of the popular grassroots tool, "Ron Paul Toughest on Terror."

Just wanted to let you guys know, the popular Christian and conservative news site WorldNetDaily.com has published a column I wrote on their website today. I know that some of the columns published their have a more interventionist conservative message, I think it's a great opportunity to spread the message of liberty to a very large conservative/Christian audience. And I think you'll particularly enjoy the message as it resonates with what we experience as we try to get people to vote for principle and principle alone. Feel free to share it with friends.

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68158

Truth Warrior
06-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Most AMERICANS don't really want Liberty. Not even here at the RPF either.<IMHO>

Isn't that already much more than clear? :rolleyes:

Not in 1776 either, BTW. :(

chiefsmurph
06-28-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't understand some people here. Why would people go out and support Ron Paul if they didn't really want liberty. We all believe in libertarianism or we wouldn't have supported him. Just because everyone might not think exactly like you doesn't mean they don't support liberty.

Throwback280s
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I think we should continue on with optimism for our cause.

OptionsTrader
06-28-2008, 10:34 AM
nm

malkusm
06-28-2008, 10:59 AM
This is a great article. I'd never thought of using Biblical comparisons to David, Moses, etc., but I'll keep it in mind the next time I'm dealing with someone in that vein.

I think the evangelical base can be easily converted if we break things down and explain that we are for many things that are taught in the Bible - war only in self-defense, personal responsibility, etc.

Truth Warrior
06-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Did "optimism" ever contribute anything positive or significant to the mess the USA now finds itself in?

Looks like currently the Dems, CFR and the Neocons are still pretty "optimistic".

LibertyEagle
06-28-2008, 11:11 AM
You're right. Optimism alone never did much. But, optimism, a good strategy and a hell of a lot of hard work, has often won the day.

On the flip-side, how does pessimism for the sake of pessimism, contribute anything positive?

The_Orlonater
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Finally somebody write an article about this subject. Thank you! I've noticed this for too long.

Truth Warrior
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
You're right. Optimism alone never did much. But, optimism, a good strategy and a hell of a lot of hard work, has often won the day.

On the flip-side, how does pessimism for the sake of pessimism, contribute anything positive?
Flip it again, REALITY and realistic are also very viable and recommended options and choices.<IMHO> Most of the human caused problems and tragedies are caused and initiated by the "optimists".

mediahasyou
06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
great article.

nate895
06-28-2008, 11:59 AM
This is a wonderful article. No one has ever won when believing they would lose. The way to win a ball is not to believe you will lose just because you're the worst team in the league facing the best team, but to believe, in spite of that, that you can, and will win. You will still, probably lose, but you have given yourself that shot to win.

Throwback280s
06-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the kind feedback. Feel free to spread the word.

Throwback280s
06-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Here's the digg link if you guys wanna digg it to help motivate people to vote on principle:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Our_can_t_win_mentality_by_Dave_Hanson