PDA

View Full Version : Media ALert: Ron Paul on Medved

angelatc
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
My husband just called me to tell me that Medved's show just started. You can listen live here: http://560wind.townhall.com/ - maybe other places too.

MM said that Ron Paul has finally agreed to be on the show and will be on today.

Medved is a neocon. I always found him rude even when I agreed with him.

Time to take deep breaths and tune in.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 01:17 PM
1-800-955-1776 - in case anybody wants to call.

JAHOGS
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
thanks for the live link

constituent
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM
tell me when ron's on... i'm monitoring Alex Jones right now... he's supposed to be on soon.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
The first Paul caller. He's a little rude.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
ZAP! This guy is ripping on him big time! "Join the rats and jump this sinking ship Medved." But he just Godwined the radio.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh Gosh - I think he's a set up.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
"Another typical Ron Paul supporter"- ouch.

JAHOGS
08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
This is going to be a good show

Marshall
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
That really wasn't a good call.

JAHOGS
I can't wait for Ron Paul to get on there!!!

born2drv
damn what a jerk i hope people don't think we don't all look like that caller.....

JAHOGS
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
that guy is not ron paul. Ron Paul will be on shortly that is who the people will listen to!!

angelatc
08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Callers like that make us look like nuts. Did you hear MM say "a typical Ron Paul caller?"

I am terrible on the radio, but somebody here should call in and represent the articulate supporter that 99% of us are.

constituent
08-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I agree w/ much that the caller had to say... he just could have done much better.

you gotta come w/ facts on something like that, but i tell you what..

MM is sweating it.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
People tune in to listen to this????

stevedasbach
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
All the screener has to do is let the inarticulate callers through and dump the articulate ones.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Woot- I'm gonna hit eHarmony.com, bye all!

wgadget
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Then if you wanna get on, talk to the screener as inarticulate as hell, then morph into someone that can articulate when you're on....

JayDee
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
All the screener has to do is let the inarticulate callers through and dump the articulate ones.

So pull out your best southern pot head accent for the call screener and call.. then knock it out of the park.

Personally I think this is bad for Paul, MM rips into him practically every day.

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
medved is rabid Israeli supporter and as such will never agree with pulling plug on our free mercenary work for the Israelis

stevedasbach
08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Note: I have no idea if Medved is ACTUALLY only letting inarticulate callers through. I'm simply saying that the screener controls who gets on the air.

JayDee
08-27-2007, 01:51 PM
medved is rabid Israeli supporter and as such will never agree with pulling plug on our free mercenary work for the Israelis

I never believed that before.. but the way he attacks Paul.. as MM is a author on many books on constitutional affairs you would think he would respect Ron Paul.. I'm beginning to believe it.. He is downright hateful of Paul.

I think Paul is being setup..

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
This guy talks constantly about constitional values. Dep of Education = bad. This guy is a hack.

Marshall
More commercials please! And god, I need another traffic update asap.

wgadget
Well, we know who ALWAYS has the last laugh...and the most intelligence, grace and presence.

RON PAUL

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow! DirectBuy! THIS GUY IS AMAZING

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Note: I have no idea if Medved is ACTUALLY only letting inarticulate callers through. I'm simply saying that the screener controls who gets on the air.

yeah who knows????

interesting what history teaches us......the U.S. gov. used to find some "indian" to make a treaty with as if they represented the "tribe"....even when there was other tribal leaders that were much smarter (who wouldn't have cut bad deals or as bad of a deal at a minimum).

billm317
08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
am i listening to the right show? they're talking about gonzales now

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I think I am going to vomit. I wonder if he has even been to other countries and studied their governments.

Marshall
08-27-2007, 02:00 PM
And we all know how popular warrentless wiretapping has made the current congress. A whole 18% of us think they're doing a good job.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow, this guy was pretty smart- and this asshole shot him down, cherry picked his suggestion, cut him off, and played some stupid patriotic music in the background.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
More commercials please! And god, I need another traffic update asap.

That's especially ironic in Chicago. The traffic is never good no matter where you're going.

john_anderson_ii
I'm pretty sure Ron already knows this is a setup, and he's prepared. If Ron knows he is walking into a trap, and is prepared for it, then who is really trapped?

If this guys starts raging or doing whatever neocon crazies do, I'm willing to bet Ron Paul will destroy him at the intellectual level. RP isn't someone I've seen resort to emotion when logic and principle fail, and it looks like this Medvel guy is going to start out by appealing to the emotion.

He'd better mind his P's & Q's if he doesn't want to get pwned on his own show.

angelatc
And we all know how popular warrentless wiretapping has made the current congress. A whole 18% of us think they're doing a good job.

If the Democrats said it was ok, it must be a good idea? :confused:

nullvalu
08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I can't stand Medved.. He supported the amnesty bill and plays down the SPP/NAU.

I bet you he'll try to make Ron Paul look like a crackpot.

constituent
08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
is he on yet? he's not been on alex jones yet either.... harumpf!

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Ron already knows this is a setup, and he's prepared. If Ron knows he is walking into a trap, and is prepared for it, then who is really trapped?

If this guys starts raging or doing whatever neocon crazies do, I'm willing to bet Ron Paul will destroy him at the intellectual level. RP isn't someone I've seen resort to emotion when logic and principle fail, and it looks like this Medvel guy is going to start out by appealing to the emotion.

He'd better mind his P's & Q's if he doesn't want to get pwned on his own show.

You know that medved has been plotting and planning the questions and how the dialogue will play out for quite awhile.

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Well he can't be on both at the same time.

john_anderson_ii
08-27-2007, 02:07 PM
You know that medved has been plotting and planning the questions and how the dialogue will play out for quite awhile.

You ever go on a date that you planned and planned and planned, and then when your date arrives everything goes to hell anyway.

Medved is about to have one of those dates. I have full confidence in our man to do the job and do it well.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Charter schools were around in Florida before Jeb Bush was governor.

billm317
08-27-2007, 02:10 PM
If Medved's mustache is any indicator, Ron Paul is in for a tough time!!!

Elwar
08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I've listened to Medved a bit...I think he's the guy who has Thursdays or some day as allowing callers to talk all about conspiracies. It's always interesting, Medved agrees with a few but will not allow any 9/11 calls during that hour.

He tends to focus on Jewish stuff which gets boring and I tend to change the channel when he has those guests on.

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I say it should not be alowed simply because my tax payer dollars shouldn't fund a public school that forces a Hebrew language. If they want to teach Hebrew, get a Hebrew language elective.

BlCkDeAtH
08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I say it should not be alowed simply because my tax payer dollars shouldn't fund a public school that forces a Hebrew language. If they want to teach Hebrew, get a Hebrew language elective.

It's a charter though, most of the students speak Hebrew so it makes sense to me. We forget sometimes that the founding founders did not overlook the fact that they did not name an official language in the Constitution.

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
you think medved would be thinking the same way about an "arabic speaking" charter school?? teaching arabic dance and culture??

I somehow think his show would be a little different about tax money going there.

wgadget
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
In Atlanta, Medved is on from 3:00 until 6:00....Am I on delay? He's talking about a Hebrew school?

When's Ron gonna be on?

BlCkDeAtH
08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
In Atlanta, Medved is on from 3:00 until 6:00....Am I on delay? He's talking about a Hebrew school?

When's Ron gonna be on?

Your fine, its just the time change.

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
It's a charter though, most of the students speak Hebrew so it makes sense to me. We forget sometimes that the founding founders did not overlook the fact that they did not name an official language in the Constitution.

Still, it is not necessary in Eductation. The fact that I have to pay for it. It should not be done. You want a Hebrew school, go to private school. Why don't we just make a charter school that only speaks spanish. It is not necessary, my tax dollars should not be paying for it.

wgadget
08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Your fine, its just the time change.

Yeah, but I gotta go to work in 10 minutes...WAH!

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Medved said that it is impossible to teach Hebrew without teaching religion. There ya have it.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Is this guy serious?

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I totally got cut off when this guy started slamming jews.

wgadget
08-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Wow. This guy must've FLOWN past the call screener.

angelatc
Yeah, but I gotta go to work in 10 minutes...WAH!

There shall be an mp3 available at the end of it all. I have my "record" button all ready to go.

And now, for something completely different:

I hope that the townhall.com feed traffic is high.

wgadget
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!

BlCkDeAtH
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Still, it is not necessary in Eductation. The fact that I have to pay for it. It should not be done. You want a Hebrew school, go to private school. Why don't we just make a charter school that only speaks spanish. It is not necessary, my tax dollars should not be paying for it.

Absolutely, I think that all school should be private to begin with. Because I don't think people who don't have kids should be forced to help pay for other people. But in the system we have now, I think its acceptable to add classes or curriculum that is adapted to fit the needs of the community.

wgadget
This is REALLY BAD radio.

Brasil Branco
"Hebrew is insulting-" this is pretty whack.

Is this guy going to have Ron Paul or am I going to kick myself for listening to this crap for three hours?

wgadget
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, whoever is recording this...THANKS!

Hopefully, I'll be able to listen to something interesting later.

What a run-up to Ron Paul....Yeah, maybe it IS a set-up.

IRO-bot
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Absolutely, I think that all school should be private to begin with. Because I don't think people who don't have kids should be forced to help pay for other people. But in the system we have now, I think its acceptable to add classes or curriculum that is adapted to fit the needs of the community.

That is absolutely fine. Get a Rabbi and pay him to teach Hebrew in a language elective course. To have and entire school built, ran, and paid for with my tax dollars when it's sole purpose is to teach Hebrew. No thanks. If Boca Raton, or wherever want's their kids to be able to learn Hebrew, get a group together and appeal to the schoolboard to offer it as an elective. A WHOLE school is a big waiste of my money.

Trance Dance Master
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!
We Want Ron!

That's why they're having us wait for him. They're measuring the boost in traffic that they get from having him on the show.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
"Lots of people have passionate feelings..." hurrah!

"...about charter schools."

D'oh!

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I"d be embarassed to defend anything about a school system that only has a 71% graduation rate. They're bragging because it's up from 60% though.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
torture

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Could you guys digg this while you wait?

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/All_America_Walk_in_Support_of_Ron_Paul_s_Freedom_ Message_2

JayDee
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks angelatc, I took my lunch hour at the wrong time it looks, so I'll need that MP3.

This school thing is lead up. but ill comment on it.

I think you should be able to have any type of school you want. You should be free to send your kids to "Wicken School" if you like.. but not if its government funded. (I actually think it is absolutely wrong to fund any school with government money.. but in this case, that school needs to go.)

And yes.. MM cant make the argument that Hebrew is not a religious language as much as Latin is, because Latin is also the language of science and philosophy.

American
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
To me this whole debate is what color lipstick to put on this pig.

The system is flawed, open it up to competition let the parents decide. Hebrew, Swahili, whatever. I personally dont care. The education money follow the child not the district/zoning.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
This is proof that Ron Paul has the most dedicated supporters, I can't believe people actually listen to this crap.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
To me this whole debate is what color lipstick to put on this pig.

The system is flawed, open it up to competition let the parents decide. Hebrew, Swahili, whatever. I personally dont care. The education money follow the child not the district/zoning.

Thank you...I have 4 children and have to shell out 500+ per month for Catholic School....I've visited our Local Public School....it was like sending my kids to the DMV

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....Could this guy please shut up!?!

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
What a putz!

enough with the charter school crap already. Everybody persecutes the Jews, blah blah blah.

nullvalu
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
only 1 more hour.. i'm on my 2nd beer in the last half-hour.. i need it to keep this show on..

ForTheRepublic
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
This is the kind of nonsense that keeps Americans ignorant of real issues.

constituent
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
that reminds me of a segment in my favorite novel ever where this guy is traveling in germany in the late 30's and he's talking to a friend who is also a writer and a thinking person... but then he hears something about jews being persecuted and he says something like....

'it's always the poor jews, the poor jews are being picked on for this, for that [you know the whole line, i needn't repeat it here... if you don't, ask a jew (go ahead, call me an anti-semite.. i'm not... but go ahead)]. but as soon as the tables turn, well...'

anyway..

YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN - THOMAS WOLFE is THE american novel.

American
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
This doesnt look like its going anywhere.....try this. How the free markets could work in education.....:) added to google video two days ago

Stupid In America by 20/20

This is a 20/20 special on education and when you watch it its just crazy.

Watch the video its 40 mins long...This is why you dont ever want Govt in education, it just doesnt work...

20-20 documentary investigation by John Stossel entitled "Stupid in America" highlighting some of the flaws with the education system in ... all » the United States.

The story started out when identical tests were given to high school students in New Jersey and in Belgium. The Belgian kids cleaned the American kids' clocks. The Belgian kids called the American students "stupid", which gave the piece its name.

Jay Greene, author of "Education Myths," points out that "If money were the solution, the problem would already be solved: We've doubled per pupil spending, adjusting for inflation, over the last 30 years, and yet schools aren't better."

Ben Chavis is a former public school principal who now runs an alternative charter school in Oakland, Calif., that spends thousands of dollars less per student than the surrounding public schools. He laughs at the public schools' complaints about money.

"That is the biggest lie in America. They waste money," he said.

To save money, Chavis asks the students to do things like keep the grounds picked up and set up for their own lunch. For gym class, his students often just run laps around the block. All of this means there's more money left over for teaching.

Even though he spends less money per student than the public schools do, Chavis pays his teachers more than what public school teachers earn. His school also thrives because the principal gets involved. Chavis shows up at every classroom and uses gimmicks like small cash payments for perfect attendance.

Since he took over four years ago, his school has gone from being among the worst in Oakland to being the best. His middle school has the highest test scores in the city.

"It's not about the money," he said.

He's confident that even kids who come from broken families and poor families will do well in his school. "Give me the poor kids, and I will outperform the wealthy kids who live in the hills. And we do it," he said. EngEdu

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-334396417075479055

Wait till the Govt gets ahold of the health care system

In the free society envisioned by the founders, schools are held accountable to parents, not federal bureaucrats.
* Statement on the Congressional Education Plan, May 23, 2001

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 02:57 PM
THANK GOD- I was going to kill you angelatc if he didn't show.

angelatc
So, by next hour does he mean at least an hour, or sometime in the next 60 minutes?

constituent
i'm pretty sure ron paul ain't comin on this show.

MicroBalrog
That is absolutely fine. Get a Rabbi and pay him to teach Hebrew in a language elective course. To have and entire school built, ran, and paid for with my tax dollars when it's sole purpose is to teach Hebrew. No thanks. If Boca Raton, or wherever want's their kids to be able to learn Hebrew, get a group together and appeal to the schoolboard to offer it as an elective. A WHOLE school is a big waiste of my money.

As oppsed to a generic school that teaches that big government is awesome?

Only one solution:

Destroy public schooling altogether.

Elwar
My buddy sent his kid to a Charter school in Kansas City...they do nothing but speak French all day in school. I don't see anything wrong with it. More choice is better.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
is RP COMMING on this show fellas? Who in the queue with the Screeners

angelatc
08-27-2007, 02:59 PM
THANK GOD- I was going to kill you angelatc if he didn't show.

And I would have deserved it.

quickmike
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Medved is such a shmeckle, this is gonna suck even if its good. LOL

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Here we go!

born2drv
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Hes On Now

john_anderson_ii
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope someone records this. The player isn't working nicely for me.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah he's getting talk time baby!!!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
MEdlev trying to corner him on the Military

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Now 911 Truther questions....?????

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
BOOM. Right there.

He doesnt believe in a conspiracy.

Will you guys stop now?

belian78
08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
this guy sounds like a complete asshat. glad i'm at work and cant listen.

BlCkDeAtH
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
So far, this is a great interview.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Now he's tring to tie him to Tancrado's stement that we Bomb Mecca - Ron Deflects....POINT RP

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
So far, this is a great interview.

IT's RON Pauls Responses - he right on this guys is bring up every peice of slimy trash to smear RP

yoshimaroka
Ron is handling this interview amazingly well.

billm317
RP is harder to corner than a stray cat

bobmurph
He's handled everything great so far.

Gotta expect the truther questions. I wish he would be very clear and to the point regarding the truther stuff. He did say right off the bat that the didnt' believe in a conspiracy, but I wish he would just leave it at that instead of elaborating about government investigation.

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Listening now. Medved's treating him very well so far, but watch out. Medved will get the last word, probably after RP hangs up the phone.

fj45lvr
going pretty good....medved isn't the interruptor that some hosts are saying "but this" "but that".... we'll see how long that holds.

quickmike
this guy sounds like a complete asshat. glad i'm at work and cant listen.

the reason he sounds like on is because he is one. Look up asshat in the dictionary and you will see Medveds face next to the definition.

Elwar
Ok, what are some softball questions to ask Ron Paul on this show?

:)

BlCkDeAtH
IT's RON Pauls Responses - he right on this guys is bring up every peice of slimy trash to smear RP

Perhaps, but he's giving him a TON of time to respond and the only time he interrupted him was to go to commercial. These are all important questions and high light Dr Pauls greatest strengths.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Some stupid PRO war Caommercial by Freedom watch....fricken amazing - Probably funded by the Military Industrial complex

I"VE never heard of PRO WAR adverts????

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I dont think hes really trying to tie him to anything. I think hes still just asking a bunch of softball questions on wacko subjects, looking for some kind of off the wall comment. Im getting the idea that he heard Ron Paul believes in all this wacky stuff, but isnt really sure and is just testing the waters looking for some nuttyness.

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Some stupid PRO war Caommercial by Freedom watch....fricken amazing - Probably funded by the Military Industrial complex

they play that commerical pretty regularly. I listen to parts of this show once or twice every week and I hear it every time.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Perhaps, but he's giving him a TON of time to respond and the only time he interrupted him was to go to commercial. These are all important questions and high light Dr Pauls greatest strengths.

Yeah I aggree - but wouldn't call it fair and balanced interview - Where are all the questions about his internet domination and winning streak with the Straw Polls??

belian78
08-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont think hes really trying to tie him to anything. I think hes still just asking a bunch of softball questions on wacko subjects, looking for some kind of off the wall comment. Im getting the idea that he heard Ron Paul believes in all this wacky stuff, but isnt really sure and is just testing the waters looking for some nuttyness.

lookin for that "dean" moment.

Mitt Romneys sideburns

"If we leave now, they will think they can do whatever they want"

I bet thats the kind of thing they where talking about in England back in 1776

paulitics

Yeah, the story was on infowars. They are paying millions of dollars of propoganda to affect public opinion. Totally funded.

ghemminger

I hope - u can understand my mistrust

BlCkDeAtH
Yeah I aggree - but wouldn't call it fair and balanced interview - Where are all the questions about his internet domination and winning streak with the Straw Polls??

WOW right on cue...

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
WOW right on cue...

Yeah finally mentioned - I think I have a new friend on Town hall?

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Just gave him credit for winning Alabama Straw Poll & 2nd @ Illinois SP

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Awsome!!! Becoming less of a d*%*^%head now:D

ghemminger
he's kissing his ass about his congressional voting record? whoa!! nice

JPFromTally
Ron sounds tired. Somebody give him a Red Bull!!!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Talking about his administration picks....cool!!!names???

quickmike
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM

Ok, I take back 26% of what I said about Medved, and wont call him a shmeckle anymore:D

angelatc
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I am recording it. If GoldenEquity isn't recording it, I'll pass it over to him so it should be available on ronpaulaudio.com.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Talking about his administration picks....cool!!!names???

Not Politians - Anti - Washington Picks - Who he looks up to
Financial - Jim Grand, economics
CIA - ???

angelatc

The Freedom Watch ads are new. Google "Freedom Watch."

Broadlighter
This first caller is a dipshit.

sickmint79
they play that commerical pretty regularly. I listen to parts of this show once or twice every week and I hear it every time.

never watch tv and saw 3 of these in just a few hours at my grandma's last friday. they are well done too, propoganda machine in effect!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Anti-RP Caller just called him a major Rebuplic candidate

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
RP defending well - mentions Taft

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
We need to stay in the middle east and fight them

why?

because they hate us

Why?

because we are over there fighting them.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Wow RP defends his postions so well....he's amazing - occupation main reson for JIHAD

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
hitting a home run here:) :)

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
For that idiot first caller:
Quote from 2000 debate:

MODERATOR: Should the people of the world look at the United States, Governor, and say, should they fear us, should they welcome our involvement, should they see us as a friend, everybody in the world? How would you project us around the world, as president?

BUSH: Well, I think they ought to look at us as a country that understands freedom where it doesn't matter who you are or how you're raised or where you're from, that you can succeed. I don't think they'll look at us with envy. It really depends upon how our nation conducts itself in foreign policy. If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us. If we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us. And it's -- our nation stands alone right now in the world in terms of power, and that's why we have to be humble. And yet project strength in a way that promotes freedom. So I don't think they ought to look at us in any way other than what we are. We're a freedom-loving nation and if we're an arrogant nation they'll view us that way, but if we're a humble nation they'll respect us.

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
RP sounds relaxed and reasoning very well with the caller.

ghemminger
whats the listenership on this medlev guy?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
For that idiot first caller:
Quote from 2000 debate:

MODERATOR: Should the people of the world look at the United States, Governor, and say, should they fear us, should they welcome our involvement, should they see us as a friend, everybody in the world? How would you project us around the world, as president?

BUSH: Well, I think they ought to look at us as a country that understands freedom where it doesn't matter who you are or how you're raised or where you're from, that you can succeed. I don't think they'll look at us with envy. It really depends upon how our nation conducts itself in foreign policy. If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us. If we're a humble nation, but strong, they'll welcome us. And it's -- our nation stands alone right now in the world in terms of power, and that's why we have to be humble. And yet project strength in a way that promotes freedom. So I don't think they ought to look at us in any way other than what we are. We're a freedom-loving nation and if we're an arrogant nation they'll view us that way, but if we're a humble nation they'll respect us.

But 9/11 changed everything!

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
The 'I think you serve better as a congressman' is back-handed BS.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Gawd they have a lot of commercials.

belian78
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
The 'I think you serve better as a congressman' is back-handed BS.

a caller said that!? or asshat?

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 03:36 PM

terrorism works doesn't it!!! more than a thorn in the elephants foot.

ghemminger
Called his Pro-Life Status courageous...WOW!

bobmurph
Great 2nd Amendment Question

angelatc
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Medved is in the top 15.

ghemminger
2nd ammendment statement - friendly caller - giving history - defend agaist tyranny

Broadlighter
2nd Amendment had nothing to do with hunting! - Brilliant!!!

unconsious767
be sure to invite this schmuck medhead to the philly rally, he was born there

Wyurm
haha, I'm not listening to him, but I can almost garuntee you his ratings doubled at least by having RP on. So hes not about to slam him or act a fool to him. No, he wants your continued listenership. So, ya think you guys might keep listening to him 3 hours a day every day of the week. After all, from what you guys are saying, he was really nice to Ron Paul. :D :D :D

ghemminger
Medved is in the top 15.

Just trying to get an idea on listeners ### 10,000?

quickmike

Yeah, dont forget about Romney interupting RP and talking to the curtains in the last debate "did he forget about 911?............ he forgot about 911" In a twisted kind of way I almost wished RP would have said "Shut the F--K up while im talking little boy!!!"

JAHOGS
08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, dont forget about Romney interupting RP and talking to the curtains in the last debate "did he forget about 911?............ he forgot about 911" In a twisted kind of way I almost wished RP would have said "Shut the F--K up while im talking little boy!!!"

LOL

angelatc
08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Woo Hoo! A supporter!!!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Another sofball question - what angered terroists

PRO RP Caller!!!! - 3rd party advocate?

RP says 3rd party is good, but current system is 2 Party sytem - Wil not have stanima

RP has a hard time supporting any other Candindate

goldenequity
I am recording it. If GoldenEquity isn't recording it, I'll pass it over to him so it should be available on ronpaulaudio.com.

I'm on it:)
but go ahead and send me your file.... the first part of my recording
has a lot of static.....I think coming from Ron's phone connection....it stops
as soon as the show stops using the phone line connections....

so if yours' is clear(er) I'll post it.... or sub it for the initial post.
should be up pretty quick.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
Just trying to get an idea on listeners ### 10,000?

from wikipedia

"His three hour daily show is now broadcast on 200 stations coast to coast and reaches more than 2.5 million listeners"

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Medlev goes to commercail with this genious question, Which Democrat will you support for Pres? Gosh..this guy is thick/.

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
They really want to know who Ron Paul would support if he fails to get the GOP Nomination. RP sticks to principle.

It's a good thing they are willing to listen to him.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
from wikipedia

"His three hour daily show is now broadcast on 200 stations coast to coast and reaches more than 2.5 million listeners"

Holy shit?.....ok, then does this interview mean something? if it leads to the Radio Talk show circuit?

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Kick ass so far.

For the people who don't listen to Medved regularly, he is always very respectful of his guests. Rather than injecting his opinion into every question and rebutting every answer, he tends to conduct fair interviews, even with people who he completely disagrees with.

I wouldn't expect him to be on the air on Tuesday thru Friday about how great Ron Paul is, but at least he can't accuse RP of being afraid to come on the show (which he has been doing for the past 2 weeks).

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:43 PM
They really want to know who Ron Paul would support if he fails to get the GOP Nomination. RP sticks to principle.

It's a good thing they are willing to listen to him.

RP might as well be an alien to them....they' have never ran into a guy with so much principle...he will suck up to any candidate just because they might be a leader....

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Kick ass so far.

For the people who don't listen to Medved regularly, he is always very respectful of his guests. Rather than injecting his opinion into every question and rebutting every answer, he tends to conduct fair interviews, even with people who he completely disagrees with.

I wouldn't expect him to be on the air on Tuesday thru Friday about how great Ron Paul is, but at least he can't accuse RP of being afraid to come on the show (which he has been doing for the past 2 weeks).

I'll take it he is way better than then that d*&%wad LEVIN

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Holy shit?.....ok, then does this interview mean something? if it leads to the Radio Talk show circuit?

I doubt it...Medved interviews a lot of people that other hosts wouldn't dare interview. He does give a fair amount of airtime to conspiracy theories and other issues that most talk radio guys wouldn't touch w/ a 10 foot pole.

maxmerkel
08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Medlev goes to commercail with this genious question, Which Democrat will you support for Pres? Gosh..this guy is thick/.

yupp, superficial he seems fair, but he has his dirty tricks ....

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I doubt it...Medved interviews a lot of people that other hosts wouldn't dare interview. He does give a fair amount of airtime to conspiracy theories and other issues that most talk radio guys wouldn't touch w/ a 10 foot pole.

That sucks....I don't listen to any of these idiots so I have no idea...I get all my news from the internet

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
listen to this interview of Paul from a "conservative" neocon pit bull:

http://www.larslarson.com/LinksNStuff/LarsAudioFiles/231716.aspx

maxmerkel
08-27-2007, 03:47 PM
oh no ! bible conspiracy rich family funny money one world government caller

JayDee
08-27-2007, 03:48 PM

It means lot, Medved is the 3rd or 4th largest talk radio show in the nation following Rush and competing against Hannity's slot.

He often talks about the constitution, and ill bet his listeners do too but they still.. I dont know, think the war is "defense" for the US or something. They don't quite get it.

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
RP explaining economics. He is so GOLDEN!!!!

richard1984
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
oh no ! bible conspiracy rich family funny money one world government caller

He was all right, though. He sounded nervous, so I give him credit for calling in. Also, the Bible is a really interesting (and awesome!) historical text. I think that we should give more attention to the great ancient religious texts. After all, most religious figures were the true geniuses of the day. They had something going on. Our job is to figure out how it relates to us today. And stuff.... :D

richard1984
08-27-2007, 03:50 PM
RP explaining economics. He is so GOLDEN!!!!

The man is a genius. He will go down in history as a towering genius of our time. A Hero!!

Triton
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Medved asked him about the Middle East because he wanted to plant the seed in his listeners minds that a vote for Paul is a vote for instability. This interrview probably did more harm than good.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Funny money quest 9 Trillion Debt - then turns funky with a biblical one world order question

RP - He doesn't see a monolith of conspirascy theory - Fed leads to bubbles, need to go back to gold type system - destroy currency - you wipeout middle class, transfer to very wealthy - friction between classes
10% tax - Biblical reference? - Katrina showed failure of gov't
Conspiracy = Conspire, organize WTO, North American Union -

richard1984
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Oooo buddy! the NAFTA super-highway...NAU...Dr. Paul is gonna wake the world up!!!

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Isn't Rockefellor a member of something like 5 organizations pushing for NAU?? Check out the SPP website....anyone have that link???

bobmurph
Medved was just waiting to jump all over the NAU comment.

RP wasn't very prepared, should have been ready for that attack. Medved is a fierce opponent of NAU "conspiracy". Interestingly enough, Mike Gallagher, another Townhall guy whose show is in 920 AM here in Atlanta before the Medved show accepts the NAU "conspiracy" is real and is raising awareness.

I hope NAU talk doesn't dominate the rest of the conversation.

Broadlighter
It gets dicey when Medved questions who "They" (NWO folks) are.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Oooo buddy! the NAFTA super-highway...NAU...Dr. Paul is gonna wake the world up!!!

Medlev is getting in his face telling him - he(Medlev) knows more about what congress is voting on than a active Congress man

He got really animated there for a second...we'll see if he lets up

bobmurph
Medved asked him about the Middle East because he wanted to plant the seed in his listeners minds that a vote for Paul is a vote for instability. This interrview probably did more harm than good.

Medved is pretty sharp....very passive-aggressive.

LastoftheMohicans
Medved and the neocons deny that a plan for a North American Union even exists!!!! Did you hear how Medved perked up when the NAU/SPP was brought up? He was just waiting to pounce.

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
WTF???RP kicked off?????

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
See, I told you. Hes testing the waters, asking a bunch of nutty questions, and wating for a moment of weakness

richard1984
Medved was just waiting to jump all over the NAU comment.

RP wasn't very prepared, should have been ready for that attack. Medved is a fierce opponent of NAU "conspiracy". Interestingly enough, Mike Gallagher, another Townhall guy whose show is in 920 AM here in Atlanta before the Medved show accepts the NAU "conspiracy" is real and is raising awareness.

I hope NAU talk doesn't dominate the rest of the conversation.

I agree that Dr. Paul should have been more prepared to answer questions about the NAU. It's one of the biggest issues of our day--especially since it's so "secret." It's something that people need to be aware of, though. So even if they do spend the rest of the interview on it (and I hope they don't), hopefully Dr. Paul will be able to...wait...nevermind...interview's over.... Damn.

JayDee
NAU bad place to go for this one.. but Lou Dobbs did it.. I can only see this turning "kookey" though.

Broadlighter
Uh-oh! Medved is jumping all over the NAU bit, with RP off the air.

ghemminger
What a b*%&...amazing spin

richard1984
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Don't you think that a lot of the NAU talk is more foresight? I mean, it's kinda like saying here we have 2, and here we have 2, but we don't see 4. You know what I'm saying?

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Caller attacks RP about his poisition on NAU...ridiculous.

Why would anyone be threatened by action to stop a NAU even if it IS just a conspiracy theory!?!?

Elwar
He had to have his mom on at the end to finish things up for him.

Broadlighter
There it is, RP is an appeaser for Islamo-Fascism. That's classic political spin doctoring.

So reverting the original intent of the Founding Fathers regarding foreign policy equates to appeasing Islamists! That's rich.

ghemminger
Medlev sounded cool but I can't beleive he booted him off the show like that....did u hear hem?!?

richard1984
This guy's head is too big for itself. He's full of shit. Stubborn, narrow-sighted motherf***er. :mad:

Mitt Romneys sideburns
Oh no, isolationism.

Why are we still isolationist towards Canada? Why do we appease them? We need to go in there and liberate them from long hospital lines.

Lord Xar
from what i am hearing, I think the very fact that this medved guy is talking about the NAU at all and with such fervor is telling enough. I mean, if it wasn't an issue.. why would he even be talking about it.... I think if his listeners are smart - they will see the contradiction there.. and research themselves..

ghemminger
He had to have his mom on at the end to finish things up for him.

LOLOL

JPFromTally
MEDVED PUNKED US!!!

He showed his true colors after the break. At least Hannity spews his drivel to someone's face. This guy's just a backstabbing coward.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 04:01 PM
"* NASCO, the North America SuperCorridor Coalition Inc., is a “non-profit organization dedicated to developing the world’s first international, integrated and secure, multi-modal transportation system along the International Mid-Continent Trade and Transportation Corridor to improve both the trade competitiveness and quality of life in North America.” Where does that sentence say anything about the USA? Still, NASCO has received $2.5 million in earmarks from the U.S. Department of Transportation to plan the NAFTA Super Highway as a 10-lane limited-access road (five lanes in each direction) plus passenger and freight rail lines running alongside pipelines laid for oil and natural gas. One glance at the map of the NAFTA Super Highway on the front page of the NASCO website will make clear that the design is to connect Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. into one transportation system."

Mister Grieves
Medved showed his true cowardly, dishonest colors by saying Ron Paul is for weakening the military after he was off the show and couldn't defend himself.

goldenequity
have to do a little editing first
but will post soon.

JayDee
Gotta get the phones out and spin back. A congressman would know better than a talk show host what the congress votes on.

"Thanks for coming Ron Paul, we have all the dirt we need now."

Lord Xar
how did he boot him off? Anyways, what is medveds real name? i have never heard of him.. i will stick some ads on his show..

Revolution9

The viewership numbers are an indcation that those crying wolf about speaking about issues involving hidden criminal enterprises spread across a timeline with objectives to enhance said criminality as being negative and making people think you are a crazed tinfoil hatter is off the mark.

Best
Randy

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
They played the stupid Iraq War Propaganda twice, didn't hear it for the first two ours of the show- coincedence?

Pretty slanted interview, Medved was crazing to get a chance to jump on Ron Paul- his tone with the NAU showed it- how disrespectful... the way Medved treats conspiracy theorists verse the way Ron Paul deals with them is quite telling. Even with a pretty farfetched question, Ron Paul was very polite.

LastoftheMohicans
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Medved was being fair until the end. Then he turned into a douchebag. The next caller wanted to give Medved "a hug" for confronting Ron Paul. Medved then said that RP isn't promoting a Republican position on foreign policy. He cited the"saintly" Ronnie Reagan. As though history started in 1980.

The whole point is that the Congress doesn't know about the NAU/SPP. It's a whole secret executive branch thing. This is exactly one of RP's positions. What were the President's of the three countries meeting in Canada for last weekend?

fj45lvr
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
The last caller was probably a lady friend from temple, given the dialogue to end the hour with a BANG...

LastoftheMohicans
08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Medved showed his true cowardly, dishonest colors by saying Ron Paul is for weakening the military after he was off the show and couldn't defend himself.

Most neocons rely on ad hominem attacks and cowardice.

Lord Xar
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
think of it this way guys... from what I understand, RP did very well.. and if anything, he "gained" followers..... he certainly didn't loose any... so, do not take this last bit as anything serious.... he only got additional proponents... imho.

LastoftheMohicans
08-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I thought that on the whole Medved was fair and respectful. And Ron Paul answered everything well. I just wish he had more time to expand on the NAU issue.

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
This interview was a big win for RP. Medved was going to talk smack about him regardless of coming on the show. This got him 45 minutes of exposure to, literally, millions of people who are definitely going to vote in the GOP Primary. RP handled himself very well. Those people will go out and research RP for themselves and I'm sure many of them will convert!

Neo-con mindset people are going to have to go through transition within themselves regarding the foreign policy issues (as all of us former neo-cons know). The people who truly believe in the Constitution and Free Market Capitalism will be immediately intrigued by RP's fiscal & monetary policies and many will eventuallly "get over" the foreign policy stance & come to understand, respect, and believe in his stance.

Huge win for RP, time to get some Republicans back that have been inundated by the neo-con pundits.

JayDee
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I heard about 20 minutes or so of it.. he let Paul talk a lot and explain a lot of things in a very non-kookey way so I thought he handled this interview very well even if the host was acting like he was not aggressive he clearly was.

So overall you think this was "good" for Paul? 2.4m people just got to hear the word.

CMoore
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
So overall you think this was "good" for Paul? 2.4m people just got to hear the word.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was awsome.

I just love listening to someone like Dr. Paul dealing with really hard opposition. It is not nearly as much fun listening to him respond to softball questions. I can't wait to hear him on more of these programs.

transistor
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
anyone have the audio up yet?

JayDee
08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I think the NAU is a double edged sword too for Medved.. as part of it *is* conspiracy but part of it is real too.

I just wrote Michael..

Subject: Ron Paul Interview.
Thanks Michael,

That was a very nice interview you had with Ron Paul, I heard most of the interview and I was very surprised by how much you seemed to be in agreement with Ron as from your previous comments.

Are you finally coming around? I thought you might. Ron Paul is very bright, and its clear he speaks from the heart.

--JayDee

Just to let him think his little plot backfired.. and hea.. from the part I heard, that much *is* true. ;)

paulitics
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Half of listeners are fence sitters. I despise Hannity, yet listen while im in the car.
These guys get ratings because they piss people off, either for or against.
This is no lose situation.

goldenequity
08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Audio Posted:
August 28, 2007 - Ron Paul Michael Medvid interview Q&A (38 min)
HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

Note: Ron's phone connection crackles most of the interview.:mad:

randy:)

LastoftheMohicans
08-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was awsome.

I just love listening to someone like Dr. Paul dealing with really hard opposition. It is not nearly as much fun listening to him respond to softball questions. I can't wait to hear him on more of these programs.

I don't think any of the neocon radio hosts are any opposition. They are so used to beating up on liberals, they look weak when they actually have to debate someone who is knowledgeable. This is why Limbaugh doesn't have any guests on that can refute what he says. This is why Hannity talks over people he disagrees with but licks the boots of those who support his position. The real reason they hate Ron Paul is because he is spoiling their party. As long as they were the alleged alternative to "Big Government Liberals", everything was fine. What Ron Paul has done and what libertarians to a much lesser extent have done, have expose these conservatives as another big government faction.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 04:29 PM
how did he boot him off? Anyways, what is medveds real name? i have never heard of him.. i will stick some ads on his show..

I don'tknow if it's his birth name, but his talk show is called "The Michael Medved Show."

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 04:37 PM
The Freedom Watch ads are new. Google "Freedom Watch."

http://www.freedomswatch.org/video.aspx

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.michaelmedved.com/agnosticchart?charttype=minichart&chartID=20&formatID=1&size=300&useMiniChartID=true&destinationpage=/pg/jsp/general/sponsors.jsp

Here is a list of his sponsors...let them know you appreciate Mike's efforts!

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
michael@michaelmedved.com

devil21
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought it was a VERY good interview for Dr. Paul. I bet he picks up more than a few supporters.

JPFromTally
08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Have you ever listened to the softball questions they lob at all the other candidates?

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I just listened to it. I was disappointed in the way Dr. Paul addressed the issue about the NA Union and the NAFTA superhighway. Mainly what I heard him do is hem and haw.

Medved's most recent article is about it and how it's not real. He was getting hammered so much, that he or Townhall took it down off the front page and put up a much older article in its place. It certainly was no accident, because they were told about this about a week ago.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichaelMedved/2007/08/22/internet_hunting_shows_the_awful_truth_about_north _american_union?page=full&comments=true

quickmike
08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Isn't Rockefellor a member of something like 5 organizations pushing for NAU?? Check out the SPP website....anyone have that link???

As much as this guy walks around in public, I cannot figure out why nobody has "bumped" him off yet.

devil21
08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I dont think he avoided the question, I think he avoided publicly naming names (of the other candidates!) which would probably start some mud-slinging. That is not Dr. Paul's style. Leave that crap to the Dems.

quickmike
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
AWESOME!!!! Im downloading the Medved interview mp3 from ronpaulaudio.com right now, and its going at 1.43 Kb/s..........maybe by the time he is elected president I'll be able to hear this :D Seriously, you guys need to stop hoggin all the bandwidth LOL

Broadlighter
08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Medved didn't give Ron Paul any time to explain who 'they' are. He cut to commercial and RP was gone after the show returned. Medved made it look like the Congressman had to leave because of other commitments. Then he took this lady caller who makes this blanket statement that RP doesn't express Republican values. Medved then classifies RP's war stance as 'appeasement.' He exhorts Reagan's 'Peace through strength' idea as though Ron Paul doesn't agree with it.

It's interesting how you can take a word like 'strength' and use it to mean exercising military force and imposing your might on other countries. In Reagan's time 'Peace through strenght' was more about showing force, but stopping short of actually using it. Ron Paul doesn't have a problem with having a strong military that's trained and equipped for fighting. He just doesn't agree that we need to be using it to police the world and build nations.

Medved went down a few notches in my book. He was pretty disengenuous, IMO.

American
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I think RP position should be on the NAU is that there is enough information to know there isnt enough information. Why all the secrecy, answer some simple questions and Why isnt the Congress allowed in on this if its nothing. Bush has said its to standardize trading between the three countries but why does Bush himself need to be apart of these talks and why hasn't any of whatever been brought before any oversight body.

From the 21st, the three assholes meet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHKe0TcFIo

Canadians are pretty pissed off about it, they march on Montebello w/10k signatures in protest from the 21st (couple days ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENB439n1e8

Police Pose As Protester provocateurs At Montebello Summit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihPd6lMKxPs

http://www.spp.gov
http://www.nascocorridor.com/
http://www.amerocurrency.com/

CFR's Plan to Integrate the U.S., Mexico and Canada
http://www.eagleforum.org/column/2005/july05/05-07-13.html

http://www.puckfixxx.com/out.php/i431_nascohomepage09.jpg

This is one of the better explanations of the SPP/NAU

*Action Alert* - Bush, Calderon, Harper met in Montebello Canada August 20-21 with 30 big business leaders to further negotiate the SPP/NAU merger. Call Talk Shows, Write Letters to the Editor protesting this secret meeting. Email this to your friends! This Conservative Roundtable interview of Jerome Corsi by Howard Phillips reveals how behind closed doors, the Bush administration has collaborated with the governments of Mexico and Canada to merge the three nations into one Socialist mega-state: the "North American Union", also known as the "Security and Prosperity Partnership".

Freedom and our Constitution will have no place in this grim Orwellian future. The Dollar will be scrapped for the "Amero". There will be no First Amendment and no limit on the power of government.

One of the prime architects of the NAU, Robert Pastor, has discussed how another 9/11 crisis could be used to force through the merger--in other words, you and even Congress won't even have a voice in the Bush-led surrender of our country--unless we all act NOW to have Congress outlaw any Presidential actions which would lead to such a merger of our nations in any way.

Canadian citizens would lose their independence to their southern neighbors under the NAU - in Canada the scheme is known as Deep Integration. America's former borders would be wide open to drug smuggling and terrorists. Mexico could suffer a catastrophic brain-and-labor-drain as all Mexican citizens by right could move to the U.S. or Canada. Leaders in both major U.S. parties as well as the ruling parties in Mexico and Canada are determined to wipe out your freedom, unless you act now.

Howard Phillips is the Chairman of The Conservative Caucus, America's Constitutional Government action organization. Your assistance is invited.

703-938-9626 http://www.conservativeusa.org
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxzs46Nxohk

bobmurph
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Medved didn't give Ron Paul any time to explain who 'they' are. He cut to commercial and RP was gone after the show returned. Medved made it look like the Congressman had to leave because of other commitments. Then he took this lady caller who makes this blanket statement that RP doesn't express Republican values. Medved then classifies RP's war stance as 'appeasement.' He exhorts Reagan's 'Peace through strength' idea as though Ron Paul doesn't agree with it.

It's interesting how you can take a word like 'strength' and use it to mean exercising military force and imposing your might on other countries. In Reagan's time 'Peace through strenght' was more about showing force, but stopping short of actually using it. Ron Paul doesn't have a problem with having a strong military that's trained and equipped for fighting. He just doesn't agree that we need to be using it to police the world and build nations.

Medved went down a few notches in my book. He was pretty disengenuous, IMO.

RP stated in the interview that he was in favor of a "smaller elite military".

nullvalu
08-27-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't care what Medved says about the NAU, I rarely listen to the guy, but when I have, I've heard many people call in and say they agree with him on a lot of things except for his stance on illegals and the NAU. I think even his listeners don't buy into his spin jobs.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
This is so funny - I hope it gets read! The NAU is fiction but....

Medved believes in Sasquatch.

(Hat tip to my husband)

bbachtung
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that RP did well in getting his name and views out there.

I found this posting (http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-elections/23051-ron-paul-michael-medved-program.html) in a Google blog search:

I am listening to Michael Medved interview Ron Paul on the radio as I type this......I have to admit I have gained some respect for him....I learned a couple of things.......One he is Pro Life, I did not know that..Two is he said that he has no interest in running as a 3rd party candidate as he did once before.....

I still am concerned about his position on our military in that he wants to cut it to the bone and to revert back to this countrys position in the 1930s in that he believes in isolanitism.......

Cutting the military in this day and age and isolationism really scares me...

I posted the following response:

First, thank you for considering Ron Paul and hearing him out.

As far as the military funding issue goes, Ron Paul opposes using the troops enforcing UN resolutions (which is what the authorization for use of force in Iraq says) and engaging in military actions with nations that have not attacked the United States. He supports a strong military for national defense. He opposes nation building and policing the world.

He had the following to say about military spending and the war in Iraq (April 6, 2005, before the House of Representatives):

Indeed, we cut the Army Corps of Engineers’ budget and operate on the cheap with our veterans as the expenditures in Iraq skyrocket.

Because of the war, fewer dollars are available for real national security and defense of this country. Military spending is up, but the way the money is spent distracts from true national defense and further undermines our credibility around the world.

The whole speech is available at http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=574

Finally, Ron Paul is a veteran. He served in the Air Force as a flight surgeon in the 1960's, and always stands up for the troops, especially veterans (that is probably why he leads the pack among ALL candidates for president in contributions from the troops and veterans).

The most impressive thing about Ron Paul is that he has been married to the same woman for just over 50 years. That says something about a person's character that I don't think even 20 years of consistently principled voting in the House can.

V4Vendetta
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
has anyone uploaded the interview yet?

angelatc
08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Ronpaulaudio.com has it posted.

JPFromTally
08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

It sounds so Orwellian.

And by the way, you can only have freedom through slavery.

Blowback
08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

It sounds so Orwellian.

And by the way, you can only have freedom through slavery.

Peace is War

IRO-bot
08-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Peace is War

War is Peace
Freedom Is Slavery
Ignorance Is Strength

Tips to survive

"consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just preformed."

Triton
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
War is Peace
Freedom Is Slavery
Ignorance Is Strength

Tips to survive

"consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just preformed."Winston loved Big Brother.

Mesogen
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Peace through strength = "let's still funnel as much money as possible to military contractors without actually blowing up cities"