PDA

View Full Version : Draft? Yup, its coming, right after the Elections.

Dieseler
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
If you don't think we will have a draft just as soon as this election is done you are crazy.
My good friend is a bartender.
He worked a birthday party last night for a 59 year old man who has had 5 heart by pass surgeries.
I shit you not.
He was called up by the reserves and leaves for Iraq today.
I'm not gonna disrespect this mans ability to fight or his will but you gotta admit they are running out of people to send when they go this far.
Get ready young bucks.
They got you're number.

LiveFree79
06-27-2008, 08:46 AM
If you don't think we will have a draft just as soon as this election is done you are crazy.
He worked a birthday party last night for a 59 year old man who has had 5 heart by pass surgeries.
I shit you not.
I'm not gonna disrespect this mans ability to fight or his will but you gotta admit they are running out of people to send when they go this far.
Get ready young bucks.
They got you're number.

Yeah I know a guy who knows a guy who knew this guy.......:rolleyes:

Reinstituting the draft would spell anarchy in the streets for America. Sorry but even this gloom and doomer doesn't see it happening.....that is unless another false flag event causes WWIII.

IRO-bot
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes your number is ###-##-####. You are next. 59 years!! WTF!!!

I have asthma....the military wouldn't let me join. I bet when the draft comes they won't give a damn!!!

Dieseler
06-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Believe it or not. It is fucking true.

pcosmar
06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
I tried to re enlist after 9/11. (that was before I had a computer) and they said I was too old.
But with the ass kicking we will get when we attack Iran, it may change many things. :(

acptulsa
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Believe it or not. It is... true.

If they manage to get us into that other tar baby next door in Iran I think we can count on a draft. Will they have a choice? What's their recruiting slogan going to be--come die for the petrodollar? Lay down your life for the right of your boss to export your job? Help us up the oil companies' record profits?

Even with the perfect attack on us, simply put the people so disposed to fight signed up a while back...

Deborah K
06-27-2008, 08:55 AM
This government will NEVER get my 4 children and 2 sons in law as long as I am alive!! NEVER!!

orafi
06-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Heh, you crazy Ron Paul mofos will be sent to FEMA camps before you'll ever (be lucky enough) to grace the sands of Persia!

acptulsa
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Heh, you crazy Ron Paul mofos will be sent to FEMA camps before you'll ever (be lucky enough) to grace the sands of Persia!

So long as that camp isn't in the Mojave, it sounds like a good trade to me. Who says it doesn't pay to be crazy enough to develop morals and stand by them?

micahnelson
06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Anyone who is drafted and goes out of a sense of duty is misguided.

If a draft is instituted over preemptive war, Americans concerned with preserving liberty must actively oppose it until it becomes impossible to maintain. The draft is slavery, and the only arguments against that point are blind nationalism. I would be in the streets over this one, and I hope you all would too.

There is no room for a draft in a free country.

Dieseler
06-27-2008, 09:07 AM
One more thing.
The old dudes birthday wasn't even last night.
His family was celebrating it early with him due to the circumstances.
Just for the record guys and gals, I have a 19 year old Son myself.
I am getting no joy whatsoever from passing this on to you.

Fuck You Asshole!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-27-2008, 09:11 AM
I shit you not.
Get ready young bucks.
They got you're number.

*I'm ready! Someone strap a bomb on me so I can run into the White House!

*The above comment is merely humor and should not be misconstrued as part of any real conspiracy to actually blow up the White House.

FunkBuddha
06-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Hmmm. Maybe comitting that felony when i was 18 wasn't such a bad idea after all. Of course I'm 30 now, I don't know what the draft ages would be.

I actually tried joining the Marines right after I turned 18 but they wanted me to lie about my growth disorder in my knee joint. It never gave me any problems, but I figured if I went into the Marines with a pre-existing condition and something happened they would try and screw me over. The recruiter called me and told me that was a "piss-fucking-poor reason for not joining the Marine Corp." That was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I've got a 2 yr old son though and like the previous poster said, there's no way in hell he's gonna go through a draft when he gets older.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-27-2008, 09:31 AM
This government will NEVER get my 4 children and 2 sons in law as long as I am alive!! NEVER!!

We don't have as the American people the type of power that can tell the big gorilla what to do. We have instead the type of mediating power that requires the big thing to either rule as a responsible, representative good king; or, we have the type of power that discards him as a tyrant. This is why we first discarded the King of England as a tyrant with the formal divorce decree of the Declaration of Independence before we later replaced him with a new President King with the formal marriage decree of the U.S. Constitution.
When the least untouchable amongst us at the national dinner table has their thirst quenched ideally speaking, the good king is behaving as a good king. When the untouchable is persecuted by him, the king is acting as a tyrant.

MsDoodahs
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
So if there is a draft, will they take women this time?

How can they NOT?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Hmmm. Maybe comitting that felony when i was 18 wasn't such a bad idea after all. Of course I'm 30 now, I don't know what the draft ages would be.

I actually tried joining the Marines right after I turned 18 but they wanted me to lie about my growth disorder in my knee joint. It never gave me any problems, but I figured if I went into the Marines with a pre-existing condition and something happened they would try and screw me over. The recruiter called me and told me that was a "piss-fucking-poor reason for not joining the Marine Corp." That was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I've got a 2 yr old son though and like the previous poster said, there's no way in hell he's gonna go through a draft when he gets older.

Just a single Navy Seal can kill a Marine Corp. while a single British Gurkha can kill a bar full of arfing Navy Seals.

Andrew-Austin
06-27-2008, 09:53 AM
I've yet to register with selective service, I'm wondering if I will actually get in trouble for not doing so.

Dieseler
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I've yet to register with selective service, I'm wondering if I will actually get in trouble for not doing so.

Heres a Thread by MsDoodahs with an article I just read concerning that.
http://67.225.158.147/showthread.php?t=144683

asgardshill
06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Guess I'm crazy then. Because there will be no draft. It would be political suicide for whichever administration enacted it.

pcosmar
06-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Guess I'm crazy then. Because there will be no draft. It would be political suicide for whichever administration enacted it.

I expect they will also drop the pretense of different parties also.
There is no difference now except style and semantics.

Dieseler
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Hey man, I think all they are looking for is '4 more years'.
They can get a hell of a lot done in 4 more years.

amy31416
06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
So if there is a draft, will they take women this time?

How can they NOT?

If there is a draft, it should be for both genders. That would increase the number of people who protest it.

asgardshill
06-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey man, I think all they are looking for is '4 more years'.
They can get a hell of a lot done in 4 more years.

Ain't that always the truth. He said sardonically.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Candidate A understands the need to protect america's security, and would like to institute a draft of men aged 18-45 and women aged 25-35.

Candidate B also understands the need to protect america's security, but thinks we can do the job in a more efficient manner, using only men aged 18-33.

Who ya gonna vote for?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
If I were on outsider looking down on this planet, I would be laughing my ass off when Obama institutes the draft.

silus
06-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Well good thing I am about to join! Trying to get in as a Navy Officer after being denied as a CIA officer after the 6th stage of the selection process. All other job markets are non-existent, though still applying.

christagious
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
*I'm ready! Someone strap a bomb on me so I can run into the White House!

*The above comment is merely humor and should not be misconstrued as part of any real conspiracy to actually blow up the White House.

The real humorous part of this comment is the time you posted it. Take a look at the time that you posted it.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Well good thing I am about to join! Trying to get in as a Navy Officer after being denied as a CIA officer after the 6th stage of the selection process. All other job markets are non-existent, though still applying.

What kind of stuff is in the selection process?

christagious
06-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Although I'm usually very vocal to people and I'm always talking about a draft, deep down there's a part of me that isn't too sure if there will be one. If they though there were a lot of draft dodgers during 'Nam they've seen nothing yet. I'm sure they already know that there would be A LOT of people not going to fight their war; so they either won't have a draft, or if they do they have a plan B to make sure not many people are able to dodge it.

I'll consider going into hiding, it'll be hard though because I won't be able to work or freely travel without being caught. And I'm sure my parents, grandparents and parent-in-laws places will be the first places they look for me at. It'll be hard to find somebody to allow me to stay at their place without paying rent, considering I won't be able to work and make money.

What are you guys' plans for when this happens?

BudhaStalin
06-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I think that if we're headed on a course for war with Iran a draft is inevitable. Obama, though he would like to think otherwise, has just as much inclination towards war with Iran as McCain.

James Madison
06-27-2008, 11:51 PM
I think that if we're headed on a course for war with Iran a draft is inevitable. Obama, though he would like to think otherwise, has just as much inclination towards war with Iran as McCain.

Most of the Obama fans I talk to treat his word like the Bible. They adore the man...in a very creepy way, too. If he said we needed a draft my guess is most of them would be for it even though they'd be getting drafted. As for me, I would think a state like Montana or Alaska would seceed if a draft were instituted so I'd probably go there.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-28-2008, 12:03 AM

Claim you are a Mexican illegal. That way not only will you not get in trouble but you will get free healthcare and free food stamps.

Sarge
06-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Here is your answer. Note it can also affect employment opportunities.

What is the penalty for not registering?
If you do not register, you could be prosecuted and fined up to $250,000 and/or be put in jail for up to five years. Registration is also a requirement to qualify for Federal student aid, job training benefits, and most Federal employment.

You can register on line.

Check out their site here,

http://www.sss.gov/qa.htm

Sarge
06-28-2008, 07:58 AM
I also see that some states have a penalty. Not being able to attend a state supported College or financial aid.

http://www.sss.gov/fsstateleg.htm

silus
06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
What kind of stuff is in the selection process?

A lot of writing, interviews and background checks.

Nirvikalpa
06-28-2008, 01:35 PM
They're not getting myself or my boyfriend, or the many guys and girls I know.

There won't be a draft.... if the government knows what's good for them.

Truth Warrior
06-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Maybe that will open up some jobs for the illegal "age discriminated" against unemployed, underemployed aging Boomers. There are millions. :(

BTW, a draft is another violation of Amendment XIII too, plain and simple. ;)

wirenut
06-28-2008, 02:39 PM
If we start attacking or invade Iran, they won't have any other options left to get enough troops then start a draft. I will not be part of any draft and I'll make sure anyone else I know doesn't get drafted.

OptionsTrader
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
In case you do not remember if you registered as you were commanded/coerced:

https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

OptionsTrader
06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
If we start attacking or invade Iran, they won't have any other options left to get enough troops then start a draft. I will not be part of any draft and I'll make sure anyone else I know doesn't get drafted.

Look on the bright side, the US economy will be so shitty you won't be able to find another job anyway....

Could this be planned? Oh no, that would be conspiratorial.

OptionsTrader
06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
They're not getting myself or my boyfriend, or the many guys and girls I know.

There won't be a draft.... if the government knows what's good for them.

Draft protesters will be labelled as "unpatriotic" and "unAmerican."

I can see the news stories flooding television now.

silus
06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
The greatest thing for the cause of liberty is for its opponents to do away with the tactic of gradual deterioration and use strong-arm techniques. This will rally the people.

LibertyEagle
06-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Reinstituting the draft would spell anarchy in the streets for America. Sorry but even this gloom and doomer doesn't see it happening.....that is unless another false flag event causes WWIII.

Apparently, you weren't alive during the VietNam war and draft.

LibertyEagle
06-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Draft protesters will be labelled as "unpatriotic" and "unAmerican."

I can see the news stories flooding television now.

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately. :(

Truth Warrior
06-28-2008, 03:34 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/goering-quote.jpg

Kludge
06-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh my... It seems someone cut off my foot!

moostraks
06-29-2008, 07:55 AM
If there is a draft, it should be for both genders. That would increase the number of people who protest it.

They have used the feminist movement to help this along. In the event of a draft I would be shocked if they did not call up women as well as men....

moostraks
06-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Candidate A understands the need to protect america's security, and would like to institute a draft of men aged 18-45 and women aged 25-35.

Candidate B also understands the need to protect america's security, but thinks we can do the job in a more efficient manner, using only men aged 18-33.

Who ya gonna vote for?

Very well said...It is coercion at its finest and either way you lose!:mad:

moostraks
06-29-2008, 08:01 AM
We don't have as the American people the type of power that can tell the big gorilla what to do. We have instead the type of mediating power that requires the big thing to either rule as a responsible, representative good king; or, we have the type of power that discards him as a tyrant. This is why we first discarded the King of England as a tyrant with the formal divorce decree of the Declaration of Independence before we later replaced him with a new President King with the formal marriage decree of the U.S. Constitution.
When the least untouchable amongst us at the national dinner table has their thirst quenched ideally speaking, the good king is behaving as a good king. When the untouchable is persecuted by him, the king is acting as a tyrant.

I was thinking something very similar to this when I read this post (but not quite so poetically!!). While I agree with the sentiment of not allowing them to take our children for their wars, we must out think the opposition. Those who oppose the use of deadly force need to understand they have to develop a history of being a conscientious objector. There are places out there that will maintain records for folks on this status. Start as soon as possible!!!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
06-29-2008, 08:05 AM
When I am drafted do you think it will make them angry to ask to be paid in like..ummm - gold or euros?

jkm1864
06-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Enough people turn down the draft the government will fall plain and simple. Imagine the US starts a war and tries to draft people and the people refuse. I am sure the soviet tanks will be in washington in a matter of weeks.

Truth Warrior
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
When I am drafted do you think it will make them angry to ask to be paid in like..ummm - gold or euros?
They may just make you a General. :D

nobody's_hero
06-29-2008, 06:55 PM

I've been to see 6 recruiters. One visit to the Navy, one to the Air Force, one to the Army Reserve, and three times to the Marine recruiters back in 2005 and 2006 (about a year span after I graduated high school, I was exploring my options; Also, I was also still a neocon zombie at the time).

Most of the recruiters I spoke to were nice about things. I was really leaning towards the Air Force (and still am, but I wouldn't be able to obey the orders of a commander-in-chief who has no regard for the Constitution), but I got the feeling they didn't want to (or couldn't) take me unless I had a college degree in a field they needed.

I got basically the same treatment from the Marine recruiter that you did, though. When I stopped going (I went 3 times to the Marines because they are the most persistent over the phone), my best friend from high school got a call and went in to see them.

My friend had spoken to one of the same Marine recruiters I had (somehow they know who your friends are, too much information out there, I guess), and when I asked what the recruiter had said about me, my friend replied:

"He said something about how you were kind of acting like a scared little b*tch."

Neither myself nor my friend has been to see a recruiter since.

Roxi
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM

you are naive if you believe this.... if and when they reinstate the draft it will be pushed by the media, and sold to the sheeple... by the time it goes to vote the protesters of the draft will be in the minority, or at the very least shunned.... Ron Paul got over a MILLION votes in the primary... a MILLION people in this country voted for ron paul, thousands more who were unable to vote are RP supporters... our voices were not heard over the establishment, people are voting for traitors and puppets,

if people can be sold on McCain, they can be sold on a draft.... "we MUST have a draft" they will say.... "soldiers are out there dying because we don't have enough men out there to help the ones willing to join".....

they will thwart the supposed "botched attempts" at "terrorism on american soil" and then claim that they are barely keeping us out of this emergency situation. they will create the fear that if we don't "fight them over there, we'll have to fight them in our own back yard" people will say "OH I HATE IT... but if we don't have a draft, we will have them attacking us here"

people were glad to see the draft during WWII, the majority asked for it, and the media sold it... it wasn't until AFTER the war that the draft became a bad thing

i don't know if we will have a draft or not. I used to think the same thing you did. In the last year i have tried to tell my mom some of the crap that is going to happen... you know what she said when i told her about the patriot act? she said "oh america won't let that happen" when i told her about some of the executive orders that bush signed she said..."oh bush can sign what he wants to but americans wont put up with it, they will start shooting" i tried to explain to her that if a SWAT team showed up, black bagged her and my dad and threw them in a FEMA camp, there wasn't anything they could do about it. Maybe that were true 40 years ago but there aren't enough of us to wake up americans.... you haven't met enough sheeple yet to convince you... i have i have knocked on thousands of doors, and spoke with thousands of idiots out there who have been brainwashed by the media... some of my own best friends included

isn't that why this revolution is about putting people in government to take over from within?

Peace&Freedom
06-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I absolutely don't want to see a draft, but it's imposition after the election, coupled with the defeat of McCain, would trigger a massive youth movement that would on balance accelerate the Revolution. It doesn't matter if the majority was cowed by the media into supporting it, as the remnant that would NOT conform would still be in the tens of millions. Repeat, tens of millions who were now politically homeless (as they would know both parties had sold their hides to the Empire), who would be actively looking for a principled leader of an anti-draft/antiwar movement. Paul and his successors would be the perfect match.

Ranger29860
06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Ive always wondered if you have served in the military are you obligated to come back under a draft even if you have served your active duty time and your inactive reserves?

silus
06-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Ive always wondered if you have served in the military are you obligated to come back under a draft even if you have served your active duty time and your inactive reserves?
Its a contract you sign with the government. All active duty enlistements have this hidden period called inactive reserve where they CAN call you up after you have gotten out. Other than that, no. You dont owe the millitary shit.

Dieseler
11-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Bump.
I called it for right after the elections so technically I was wrong.
It's coming though.

paulitics
11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
There won't be a draft. There will be a quasi mandatory volunteer program to implement Obama's agenda, and to fight "domestic terrorists".

There is propaganda inserted into your favorite shows, from soap operas to comedies to condition you to accept the idea as good.

If they implement a draft, they will lose the left, and most of the country. They need these sheep still.

No, the civilian army like Obama spoke of is next on the agenda, not a draft for oversees empire. If anything they will bring troops home for help with an "emergency". Their actions in the last 2 years suggest this is more plausible than a draft.

Dieseler
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
70% of Americans are fat, a draft wont help much.

Fat burns off fast given enough exercise and when diet is altered in an extreme way.

Meatwasp
11-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Well some good news. I read (I think in Drudge) that young men are joining like mad because of the economy. They also mentioned they have filled their quota. Lets hope it is true.

Dieseler
11-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Well some good news. I read (I think in Drudge) that young men are joining like mad because of the economy. They also mentioned they have filled their quota. Lets hope it is true.

I hadn't considered that, was just listening to the talking heads this morning, CNN I think asking where they were going to get the numbers needed, (40,000) and it reminded me of this thread.
They are still spinning it.