PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 5 Debate Attendees

jj111
08-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Does anybody know if Tancredo, Brownback, McCain and Hunter are all going to be attending the Sept. 5 debate?

wgadget
08-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Look at "participating candidates" on the left:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/tracker/dates/2007/sep/05/3067/

Harry96
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Between Hunter, Brownback and Tancredo, I hope at least one of them quits before then, but I wouldn't bet on it.

quickmike
08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I dont know why Duncan Hunter even stays in.............. no money, no support, no excitement over his campaign whatsoever. At least Tancredo has a small cult following that are really big on the immigration thing. What does Hunter have? ............... nothing. Drop out now and give your $100,000.00 left in campaign funds to Ron where it can be of some use, instead of flushing it down the toilet. Hell, give it to me and hire a hundred college kids to go door to door in every neighborhood in my area handing out flyers. Just dont flush it down the toilet Duncan, please.

V-rod
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
It doesn't matter if 4 drop out tomorrow. Ron Paul will be given 5 minutes total of speaking time while Rudy McRomney will get to interrupt every question and get 10 minutes extra. At least Fox has been more fair to Ron Paul in the debates than ABC has. I cannot wait to hear about the 3rd Quarter campaign figures so McCain can finally be buried.

BenIsForRon
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I dont know why Duncan Hunter even stays in..............

It seems like Duncan hunter is in the race to keep pounding home the neo-con message. If you watch him in the debates, he's always the one saying things like, "this is going to be a multi-generational struggle against extremism".

quickmike
08-27-2007, 05:59 PM
It seems like Duncan hunter is in the race to keep pounding home the neo-con message. If you watch him in the debates, he's always the one saying things like, "this is going to be a multi-generational struggle against extremism".

Yeah, and its gonna be us struggling against the neo-con and neo-liberal extremism.:D

So hes sorta right in a way.

jj111
08-27-2007, 06:02 PM
It doesn't matter if 4 drop out tomorrow. Ron Paul will be given 5 minutes total of speaking time while Rudy McRomney will get to interrupt every question and get 10 minutes extra. At least Fox has been more fair to Ron Paul in the debates than ABC has. I cannot wait to hear about the 3rd Quarter campaign figures so McCain can finally be buried.

I'm somewhat excited by this debate. The field has narrowed a little bit, from 10 to 8. I think it will give more Americans a chance to see Ron Paul. Who will get stuck on the ends? My guess is Hunter will be one. They should not stick Ron Paul on the end this time. Is Ron ahead of Tancredo and Brownback in national polls?

quickmike
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm somewhat excited by this debate. The field has narrowed a little bit, from 10 to 8. I think it will give more Americans a chance to see Ron Paul. Who will get stuck on the ends? My guess is Hunter will be one. They should not stick Ron Paul on the end this time. Is Ron ahead of Tancredo and Brownback in national polls?

I think it should be a circular stage like at a rock concert and it revolves round and round with Neil Peart in the middle playing a drum solo. Yeah, thats it, with flames shooting up and a loud BOOM when Ron Paul walks out onto the stage.

Actually, 3rd from the far right hand side is where he will end up.

Harry96
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Yes. In both of the last two polls I've seen (Gallup and Fox News), Paul was at 3% and Tancredo and Brownback were each at 1%.

Ron Paul Fan
08-27-2007, 06:14 PM

He's ahead of them in any recent national poll you look at including Fox News' own poll where Paul and Huckabee are tied at 3%. Brownback and Tancredo are at 1% and Duncan Hunter didn't get 1%. I wonder if Fred Thompson will be declared by then and come in to take up more of Ron Paul's time. Can you imagine how little time Dr. Paul will get when Rudy, McCain, Romney, AND Fred Thompson are there? In addition, Huckabee is being pushed by the media and got a lot more time in the Iowa debate than Ron Paul. I fear that even if Tancredo, Brownback, and Hunter drop that Dr. Paul will not get any more time because of the addition of "the savior" Fred Thompson.

Zydeco
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
It was clever of them to place Huckabee 2nd in Iowa. Sort of makes him look like #1 of the second-tier candidates, stealing Paul's niche.

jj111
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
It was clever of them to place Huckabee 2nd in Iowa. Sort of makes him look like #1 of the second-tier candidates, stealing Paul's niche.

They're pretty good at that sort of thing.

quickmike
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM

seems like the Huckabee/Iowa thing is kind of dying off lately. They tried to push Huckabee but I dont really think its working. He picked up a few, but not much I dont think.

jj111
08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
If they do not stick Ron at the end, and they give him at least 2nd from either end , he will be closer to the media darlings than in any previous debate so far.....

JosephTheLibertarian
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Just one question. Who in their right mind votes for someone that doesn't believe in evolution ? lol Mike Huckabee does not. ha Yeah, the Earth's 6,000 years old.

Zydeco
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, there's no there there with any of these guys except Paul and to some degree Tancredo and Hunter.

Everyone else is a 110% CFR-controlled stooge who will literally say any fucking thing their handlers tell them to. For example, at one of the debates all but Paul said they wouldn't take the option of a pre-emptive nuclear strike against Iran off the table.

Corrupt to the core, plainly and unashamedly corrupt.

quickmike
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Just one question. Who in their right mind votes for someone that doesn't believe in evolution ? lol Mike Huckabee does not. ha Yeah, the Earth's 6,000 years old.

Thats right!!!!! and all those dinosaur bones can be explained easily. You see, god put them there a coulple thousand years ago to test our faith. god likes to play tricks.

jj111
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM

My guess is that millions of American voters do not believe in evolution.

lapi7
08-27-2007, 06:54 PM

LOL...shows what you know...the Earth is only 5000 years old NOT 6000 ! ! !

Harry96
08-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Not all creationists believe the earth is 6,000 years old.

But I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of this. No one in government should be in a position to force their views on anyone; if someone is in a position to force creationism (or anything else) on other people, then THAT, not the fact that he or she personally believes it, is the problem.

This is an example of how divisive the state is. As Butler Shaffer has often pointed out, the state not only thrives on conflict; it absolutely requires it to survive. And if the state ever faced a society without conflict, it would have to manufacture some in order to justify its existence.

In the marketplace, people peacefully associate with each other, or not, on a voluntary basis, and anyone who violates that code and tries to use force against peaceful people is universally regarded as a criminal. In the market, Christians and atheists, Jews and Muslims, blacks and whites, men and women, young and old, etc. can basically all get along fine because no one is forcing anything on anyone else. But when government forcibly decrees that there will be only its way (such as deciding whether creationism, evolution or both will be taught in government schools), anyone who's different from you becomes your enemy.

CJLauderdale4
08-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Careful on this one....
If you listen to Ron Paul's speech in Missouri about a month ago, he uses a slight figure of speech that implies that he believes the world was indeed "created."

Whether it was 6000 years or not, this may also mean Ron Paul does not believe in evolution.

But the bigger question is this: Even if Ron Paul came out tomorrow and said, "I believe the world was created 6-10,000 years ago by our Creator," would you change your vote, or still support the only candidate who is for true liberty in this race??

quickmike
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Careful on this one....
If you listen to Ron Paul's speech in Missouri about a month ago, he uses a slight figure of speech that implies that he believes the world was indeed "created."

Whether it was 6000 years or not, this may also mean Ron Paul does not believe in evolution.

But the bigger question is this: Even if Ron Paul came out tomorrow and said, "I believe the world was created 6-10,000 years ago by our Creator," would you change your vote, or still support the only candidate who is for true liberty in this race??

I think Ron Paul being a Presbytarian most likely believes that god is the creator in the sense that god started the whole thing but might not actually have a concious role in changing things in the present. So you can believe that god created the universe AND it evolved naturaly from there. Many people believe this way.

I myself think it was Santa Claus taking a dump in outer space that started the universe, but hey, I could be wrong too.

wgadget
08-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Ah, but I heard him just yesterday saying he and his family attend a BAPTIST CHURCH....big difference!

Starks
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Who is hosting this debate?

EvoPro
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Who is hosting this debate?

I think it's Brit Hume.