PDA

View Full Version : Philly man arrested over anti-cop YT video

devil21
06-27-2008, 03:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080627/ap_on_re_us/anti_police_video

PHILADELPHIA - A man who authorities say posted an Internet video showing himself waving a gun and claiming to rejoice whenever a police officer is shot in the city was arrested Thursday.

Andre Moore, 44, of West Philadelphia, faces charges of aggravated assault, terroristic threats, corruption of morals of a minor and harassment, police Lt. John Walker said.

In the video posted on YouTube, a man authorities identified as Moore complains about officers in West Philadelphia's 18th police district, calling them "a bunch of liars" and saying he celebrates "whenever they shoot a cop in Philadelphia."

At another point, he is shown waving a gun and talking about officer shootings in the city. According to a probable cause affidavit, the man removes the ammunition magazine from the gun, racks the slide, points the pistol at the camera and pulls the trigger as he speaks.

"Boom! ... When you shoot the cop, you shoot them dead, OK? Anywhere, head or the heart. That's why the last cops lost their lives," he says.

Three city police officers have been killed in the line of duty in a little more than two years.

An arrest warrant was issued for Moore after he was identified in the video, which was posted June 7, said Kevin Harley, spokesman for the state Attorney General's Office. The video was removed from YouTube following Moore's arrest at his apartment, police said.

"We believe these were terroristic threats that are not protected by the First Amendment, particularly when he encourages people to promote violence in Philadelphia and when he shows people how to use a gun to shoot a cop," Harley said.

Arrest documents said Moore works as a security guard at Albert Einstein Medical Center, where Officer Chuck Cassidy died after being shot during a robbery on Oct. 31.

Moore remained in custody Thursday and it was unclear whether he had an attorney.

I dont condone killing cops but a video that wasn't directed at anyone in particular is now a "terroristic threat"? I hope this guy fights this hard. Being a jerk isn't against the law. This is the kind of test case that determines whether internet videos are Freedom of Speech as well as how to regulate what appears on the internet.

Conza88
06-27-2008, 03:37 AM
OHHHhhh prime example. The retard Reagan wants to buy bullets to kill people... but this guy throws around generalities, and he's arrested...

What, a, f-cken, COP-out.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2008, 04:55 AM
OHHHhhh prime example. The retard Reagan wants to buy bullets to kill people... but this guy throws around generalities, and he's arrested...

What, a, f-cken, COP-out.

Ya' beat me to it.

Double standards, ain't they a bitch??!!:mad::mad::mad:

kombayn
06-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Awesome... We should start migrating to Montana now.

Conza88
06-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Ya' beat me to it.

Double standards, ain't they a bitch??!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's literally, a police state. :mad::mad::mad:

brandon
06-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Doesn't surprise me. The good news for me is that the cops pretty much leave white people alone in philly. As soon as you leave philly that changes though.

acptulsa
06-27-2008, 06:12 AM

Well, folks, we're officially second class citizens. Want to move up a caste in the new heirarchy? Go to the police academy.

eOs
06-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Doesn't surprise me. The good news for me is that the cops pretty much leave white people alone in philly. As soon as you leave philly that changes though.

They don't necessarily leave us alone, it's just that with one of the highest murder rates in the country, they're not looking for Joe Schmo doing 20 over the speed limit.

amy31416
06-27-2008, 07:11 AM
They don't necessarily leave us alone, it's just that with one of the highest murder rates in the country, they're not looking for Joe Schmo doing 20 over the speed limit.

I can say that's also my experience in Philly and in Baltimore. In Baltimore city, I've run two red lights, right in front of cops (not really run, but caught the tail end of the yellow a little too close) and they didn't even bat an eye.

I did get pulled over in a downtown neighborhood at 4 AM for having a headlight out on the way to work, but honestly, the cop was either bored or he wanted to avoid the scary action. He was a new cop, nice guy, but just went on and on talking. I mean, I didn't want to be disrespectful to the guy, but eventually I just told him that I had to go.

brandon
06-27-2008, 07:13 AM
//

Staupostek
06-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Well, folks, we're officially second class citizens. Want to move up a caste in the new heirarchy? Go to the police academy.

Or become a high profile neo-con political hack in the mold of Michael Reagan/Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh. Then you can do/say anything you want and if anyone calls you on it you can claim that you are being persecuted for your political views.

Conza88
06-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I can say that's also my experience in Philly and in Baltimore. In Baltimore city, I've run two red lights, right in front of cops (not really run, but caught the tail end of the yellow a little too close) and they didn't even bat an eye.

I did get pulled over in a downtown neighborhood at 4 AM for having a headlight out on the way to work, but honestly, the cop was either bored or he wanted to avoid the scary action. He was a new cop, nice guy, but just went on and on talking. I mean, I didn't want to be disrespectful to the guy, but eventually I just told him that I had to go.

He was trying to pick you up? :D

Haha, you can interpret that any way you want.. ;)

Danke
06-27-2008, 07:39 AM
He was a new cop, nice guy, but just went on and on talking. I mean, I didn't want to be disrespectful to the guy, but eventually I just told him that I had to go.

So did he get your number? Would have been able to leave sooner...

Anti Federalist
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM

I see I've been beaten to the punch once again.

He was trying to pick you up.:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Or become a high profile neo-con political hack in the mold of Michael Reagan/Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh. Then you can do/say anything you want and if anyone calls you on it you can claim that you are being persecuted for your political views.

They are the "protected class" that distribute the talking points.

They can go on the broadcast mediums, incite violence, call for our mass arrests, make specific threats against us and not a damn thing happens.

This guy "Youtubes" his rant and goes to jail.

acptulsa
06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
They are the "protected class" that distribute the talking points.

They can go on the broadcast mediums, incite violence, call for our mass arrests, make specific threats against us and not a damn thing happens.

This guy "Youtubes" his rant and goes to jail.

Never mind Reagan. He was just advocating exterminating us. What about G. Gordon Liddy? How much time did he spend in handcuffs for doing the exact same thing this guy did?

sratiug
06-27-2008, 09:51 AM
We need a youtube of the Reagan comments. They should both be in jail with all the crooked dope selling cops.

amy31416
06-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I see I've been beaten to the punch once again.

He was trying to pick you up.:rolleyes:

Oh. Heh. I'm a dullard when it comes to that stuff. I just had the process I was supposed to be observing on my mind and what I was missing at work. It really didn't occur to me.

acptulsa
06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh. Heh. I'm a dullard when it comes to that stuff. I just had the process I was supposed to be observing on my mind and what I was missing at work. It really didn't occur to me.

You couldn't feel the chemistry because you were distracted by chemistry?

amy31416
06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
You couldn't feel the chemistry because you were distracted by chemistry?

Exactly! All the while he was talking I was looking at the clock and since I knew the process so well, I was just calculating in my head what speed I would have to drive in order to get there for a certain point in the process that I needed to analyze, all the while thinking that he can give me a ticket so I can't be rude. . .

devil21
06-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Its gonna be pretty hard to prove he showed people how to use a gun to kill a cop since he REMOVED the ammo from the gun during his "instruction" lol. Go ahead, run up on a cop with a pistol in your hand, drop the magazine and aim it at the cop. See how far that gets ya.

Mach
06-27-2008, 05:26 PM
It's just a big show so that they can let everyone know what will happen if anyone gets uppity. They probably had the "press release" ready to go before they even brought him in.....

Mach
06-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Here's another....... nothing happened....... he should have kept his mouth shut and played this in the background if that's what he wanted to say. Obviously the guy doesn't have any money, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with him.

Listen closely so you don't miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuapLEde6I