PDA

View Full Version : Chalking College Campuses!!

rtester
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Just an idea for everyone out there......

Chalking college campuses is a great, effective, and inexpensive way to reach thousands and thousands of folks with the Ron Paul message. If a group of people can go chalk the entire campus all in one day/night, the next day, EVERYONE there will be talking about Ron Paul! Imagine the impact for the RP Revolution if we did this at every college in America over the next few weeks!!

akovacs
08-27-2007, 12:01 PM
We chalked ours last night (Purdue). They're everywhere. We said that there's a callout on Tuesday, so we'll find out then just how successful this is.

Man from La Mancha
08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
We chalked ours last night (Purdue). They're everywhere. We said that there's a callout on Tuesday, so we'll find out then just how successful this is.How about pictures?

JoshLowry
08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Just don't use flour to spell anything out: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_beer_run_arrests;_ylt=AvjxlYIo5_qI0KkPHfqU5Cvt iBIF

bc2208
08-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, IKEA is the keystone that supports our country - take it out and it all comes crashing down.

I will get a huge tub of chalk, this will be good.

akovacs
08-27-2007, 12:19 PM
No one took any pictures as far as I know.

Trust me, chalking a campus at night is not as exciting as it sounds :P

richard1984
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm planning on chalking soon. Now is a good time since we're in a really bad drought here in East Tennessee. I've chalked before with the Philosophy Club, and our biggest enemy was rain. So maybe the drought is a blessing in disguise--I need to get chalking!!!!

richard1984
08-27-2007, 12:34 PM
No one took any pictures as far as I know.

Trust me, chalking a campus at night is not as exciting as it sounds :P

It is if you're with fun people, in a "fun" mood (;)), and you really believe in what you're chalking! It offers a chance to get creative!

Dustancostine
08-27-2007, 12:45 PM
We chalked Texas A&M University last night.

Here are some pictures we have many more to upload. I bet we got a good 200 messages down.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/342/photos/

It was a lot of fun. But we did eventually get stopped by campus police. Latter we found that we were ok, so we are going to do it again sometime soon.

Also, as we were chalking a ton of people were asking and talking among themselves about "Who is this Ron Paul guy". I even heard on girl shout real loud "Who is Ron Paul" who was about 300 yards away from us where we had already chalked previously, and she wasn't with our group.

--Dustan

rtester
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Richard1984, I'm assuming you're a UT student? I graduated there a few years back and now live in Johnson City. We chalked ETSU last night, and lots of people were asking questions, etc., as we were doing it. One girl yelled across the street to me when she saw me chalking "Hey, are you writing all this Ron Paul stuff? Who is he anyway?!" Haha:D I had a blast, and I know today EVERYONE on campus HAS to be talking about it.....because we pretty much covered the whole campus! One of my friends sent me a text message earlier today while she was in class to say that some guy in her American Government class just randomly yelled out "Ron Paul!" LOL.....I love it!! :)

ghemminger
08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
We chalked Texas A&M University last night.

Here are some pictures we have many more to upload. I bet we got a good 200 messages down.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/342/photos/

It was a lot of fun. But we did eventually get stopped by campus police. Latter we found that we were ok, so we are going to do it again sometime soon.

Also, as we were chalking a ton of people were asking and talking among themselves about "Who is this Ron Paul guy". I even heard on girl shout real loud "Who is Ron Paul" who was about 300 yards away from us where we had already chalked previously, and she wasn't with our group.

--Dustan

AWESOME I'm implementing in our area!!!!

rtester
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Here are some RP chalking photos....they are after the sign-waving ones.....

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/352/photos/

rtester
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Is there anyone else out there doing this already? The fall semester is just now starting, so it's a perfect time....

McDermit
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Just passed by our local Penn State campus last night, and for the first time in months, the parking lot was packed full with cars. I was wishing I had some materials on me to go flyer the cars with. This sounds like an awesome idea though.. hopefully I can find some people willing to do it.

tiznow
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll get on this soon good idea...we hung 15 ron paul revolution banners around U of Iowa last night 8 are still up :)

LizF
08-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Bump...terrific idea! :)

Thanks for sharing your photos.

richard1984
08-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Richard1984, I'm assuming you're a UT student? I graduated there a few years back and now live in Johnson City. We chalked ETSU last night, and lots of people were asking questions, etc., as we were doing it. One girl yelled across the street to me when she saw me chalking "Hey, are you writing all this Ron Paul stuff? Who is he anyway?!" Haha:D I had a blast, and I know today EVERYONE on campus HAS to be talking about it.....because we pretty much covered the whole campus! One of my friends sent me a text message earlier today while she was in class to say that some guy in her American Government class just randomly yelled out "Ron Paul!" LOL.....I love it!! :)

Awesome! I've been really tempted to yell out "Ron Paul" in class, too. I'm just kinda obsessed :D. I have mentioned him in two of my classes so far, though. And yep, I'm a UT student. And I'm planning on making good use of my situation!

njandrewg
08-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Chalk is definetly a good idea, cheap, and people will actually read it...maybe even go into details.

i.e.
[Ron Paul is against the Iraq War]
[www.ronpaul2008.com

5 feet

[Ron Paul is _______]
[www.ronpaul2008.com

That way people will get informed w/o having to come to their dorm room and remember in the back of their head to check out Ron Paul.

Also for those in dorm rooms, plaster Ron Paul information in your dorm's bathroom door, and if you have elevators, inside/outside them.

And in your school's buildings, plaster Ron Paul info inside bathroom stalls...to catch some of the commuters

SJohnsson
08-28-2007, 03:32 AM
hmmm... interesting, i like this concept... so many young college goers that have been working/vactioning for the past 3 months are finally signing back online... only to see how big the movement has become

ODU_Truth
08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
My girlfriend and I will be hitting the sidewalks of Old Dominion University this week and every week following. The chalking idea is a cheap, effective tool in spreading the message of Ron Paul.

I plan on placing identical statements along both main sidewalks leading to the Student Center. Around the open Student Center we will place Ron Paul's name everywhere :)

Thanks.

Hit the college students now people!

fletcher
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I'll get on this soon good idea...we hung 15 ron paul revolution banners around U of Iowa last night 8 are still up :)

Any pictures?

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Man from La Mancha
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Don't forget to go into empty classrooms and chalk the chalkboards.

We did that back during Gulf War I days at Penn State Main. One night we went out and I laid on the sidewalks with a carboard cut out of an M-16 and my friends drew chalk outlines around me.

Also used to say "Peace," and raise the V sign when roll was called.

OK, kids, gramps is going to take a nap now, carry on...

This guy who was tear and pepper gassed at Ohio State protesting the Vietnam war is now shedding tears over this campus support for Ron Paul. Please keep it up.

jacmicwag
08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
This is great stuff. If the college message takes off, it's going to be a fun ride from here on out. And for tiznow - keep it up in Iowa and spread the word if you can.

LibertyEagle
08-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Chalking is great. Anyone know what happened to Jennifer's idea of handing out literature (primarily Ron Paul speeches/articles) on college campuses? Seems to me that we really need to be hitting college campuses hard. What do you guys think?

georgia_tech_swagger
08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Add USC Upstate to the chalking hit list. Pictures coming soon.

jjschless
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
This is a great idea. If there are any artists out their may I suggest a patriotic Mosaic embeded with Dr. Paul info. Mosaics always grab a lot of attention and could even garner a visit from the local news team. Otherwise keep up the good work. This method of advertising is probably capable of the biggest bang for the buck.

RCA
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Each state needs a complete listing of all universities and colleges. Then this list needs to be broken up into regions and assigned accordingly to individual meetup groups. Also, can a mod make this a sticky thread with a compiled listing of schools already "chalked" by state?

M.Bellmore
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I am working on the Michigan district 1 universities, Northern Michigan University (have a contact), Michigan Tech (no contact), and Lake Superior State University (no contact).

tiznow
08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Any pictures?

No not the picture type. there are still 7 up in the iowa city area last i checked, been going back to resecure them when i can some slumping a bit. Two of which get a lot of campus foot traffic going by them, shocked that many remain still. The ones over I-80 and on foot bridges in the campus area went down fast. Have had one on an overpass over highway 218 going on about 2 days now, its a overpass without and exit, obviously don't get the volume of cars as you do on I-80 but i think i'll be targeting this location going forward since staying up so damn long.

katao
08-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Any ideas of how to avoid campus police problems? At our local university, they take their job WAY too seriously!

rtester
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm sure the rules may be different at each university, but we were told by someone who works at ETSU (East TN State Univ.) that as long as we wrote on sidewalks and NOT buildings we would be fine. Heck, the first time it rains, it'll be gone....what's the big deal?! I mean, there were always fliers EVERYWHERE when I was at the Univ. of Tenn. a few years back.....and chalk, too, if I remember correctly.

MikeStanart
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Chalking is great. Anyone know what happened to Jennifer's idea of handing out literature (primarily Ron Paul speeches/articles) on college campuses? Seems to me that we really need to be hitting college campuses hard. What do you guys think?

4 friends and I hit A&M on Saturday. Handed out about 300+ fliers. Response went well.

rtester
08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
The below exchange was posted by dirknb@hotmail.com and Andy on another thread about chalking, and it's great! So, I thought I'd copy it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirknb@hotmail.com

Keep on chalkin'! And stampin' money....and nailin' signs to telephone poles.....and hangin' banners on overpasses....and wavin' signs at intersections....and pastin' stickers everywhere.....

Do it 'til you've got blisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy

Amen.

ANYTHING you can do to get the name RON PAUL out there is good. The media is NOT going to do it. It's up to us folks......ANYTHING goes in my book. The folks that think it's silly or vandalism, or juvenile most likely WEREN'T gonna vote for RON PAUL anyway, so who cares if you piss 'em off.

This election is gonna be decided by two groups.....those that GET IT......and those new voters that never appeared in the sights of the national pollsters, and thus they have no way to gauge what's coming.

Ross Perot took 19% of the vote in 1992.....had "they" not gotten to him and he basically withdrew a few weeks before the election, he would have gotten 30-40% !! "THEY" could see it coming, which is WHY "THEY" got to him.

How did he do it ?? He simply got on TV with a plan.....nuts as it was...and he was.....it made way more sense than the typical politician....PEOPLE WERE READY FOR A CHANGE.....all they needed was a name.

Now is our time. SPREAD THE NAME.......ANYWAY YOU CAN......GET PEOPLE THINKING THIS GUY REPRESENTS AN ACTUAL BREATH OF FRESH AIR, and it's in the bag.

DO SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE DAY TO SPREAD THE NAME. YOU WANT YOUR COUNTRY BACK ?????

CHAULK A SIDEWALK.....A VACANT BRICK WALL.....ANYTHING.

MAKE A SIMPLE SIGN "RON PAUL 2008".....nail it to every telephone pole in your county.

MAKE A BANNER......Hang it on the fence along the interstate. KEEP IT SIMPLE....RON PAUL 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Tn...Andy : Today at 08:56 PM.

richard1984
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm sure the rules may be different at each university, but we were told by someone who works at ETSU (East TN State Univ.) that as long as we wrote on sidewalks and NOT buildings we would be fine. Heck, the first time it rains, it'll be gone....what's the big deal?! I mean, there were always fliers EVERYWHERE when I was at the Univ. of Tenn. a few years back.....and chalk, too, if I remember correctly.

They still are everywhere. And chalking is popular, too. As far as I know, there are very little restrictions regarding posting stuff and chalking. Of course, you're not supposed to chalk on the walls or anything, but all concrete is free media.

Man from La Mancha
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Do it fast and quick.
Uses stencils with spray can chalk...http://www.kuzsports.com/spray_chalk.htm....http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/product/AE21X

http://www.kuzsports.com/group1.jpghttp://www.kuzsports.com/cars3.jpghttp://www.kuzsports.com/spraychalkcan.jpg

ThePieSwindler
08-28-2007, 09:33 PM
well i just found a bunch of RP supporters on face book here at georgia tech, one of them i had just met today in person because he is a MEMBER OF MY FRATERNITY! haha. Of course i didnt know he was a Ron Paul supporter when i met him in the first place! So we are going to absolutely rape the campus with Ron Paul stuff. Woot.

ODU_Truth
08-29-2007, 06:16 AM
My girlfriend and I will be hitting the sidewalks of Old Dominion University here in Norfolk, Virginia soon and were trying to think of 10-15 good quotes to chalk down. I can think of some basic ones but could everyone leave some ideas for some good short chalking statements. Also keeping posting more pictures :)

Thanks

Dustancostine
08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Do it fast and quick.
Uses stencils with spray can chalk...http://www.kuzsports.com/spray_chalk.htm....http://jordanindustrial.zoovy.com/product/AE21X

http://www.kuzsports.com/group1.jpghttp://www.kuzsports.com/cars3.jpghttp://www.kuzsports.com/spraychalkcan.jpg

WARNING WARNING

Do not use this stuff on a college campus. I bought some for this very purpose. I tested it out on my driveway yesterday and it does not come up very effectively. It will come off but only with extensive scrubbing. The reason that college campuses allow chalking is because the sidewalk chalk sticiks wear-off very easily with traffic or rain. You will really upset the administration with this stuff.

--Dustan

Man from La Mancha
08-29-2007, 09:07 AM
WARNING WARNING

Do not use this stuff on a college campus. I bought some for this very purpose. I tested it out on my driveway yesterday and it does not come up very effectively. It will come off but only with extensive scrubbing. The reason that college campuses allow chalking is because the sidewalk chalk sticiks wear-off very easily with traffic or rain. You will really upset the administration with this stuff.

--Dustan

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a can to try on my car and drive.

Dustancostine
08-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a can to try on my car and drive.

Yea I'm not trying to be neg. but I am now stuck with 9 cans of the stuff.

--Dustan

Edit: But for Cars I bet it is great. Go through the high power car wash and it will be gone.

Man from La Mancha
08-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Yea I'm not trying to be neg. but I am now stuck with 9 cans of the stuff.

--Dustan

Edit: But for Cars I bet it is great. Go through the high power car wash and it will be gone.
I'm happy to see your a responsible individual and don't want to deface property in a bad way. Can you imagine if you could get dozens of people to do up all their cars on a particular day. Those cars would attract a lot of attention especially if they drove around newspapers and TV stations a lot. With winter coming, snow cover could sure provide a great bill board back drop.

qwerty
08-29-2007, 10:55 PM
I have heard in several messageboards about these RON PAUL chalkings...:D

max
08-29-2007, 11:01 PM
when you chalk you shoul provide more info..

add "you tube: ron paul stop dreaming"...so that readers can take trhe next step and then get hooked

RON PAUL STOP DREAMING is an awesome 8 minute video that will close the sale...

make sure you flyer your campus too..

http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

LibertyEagle
08-30-2007, 03:08 AM

I guess everyone thinks "chalking" is enough, by itself, to get college student's votes.

richard1984
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
I guess everyone thinks "chalking" is enough, by itself, to get college student's votes.

One of the Knoxville meetup groups will be handing out literature on campus today from 10 am - 2 pm. I have 3 long classes today, but I'm hoping that I can help before and between classes!

I KNOW that people will eat-up Dr. Paul's message (especially his stances on the war in Iraq, the potential war in Iran, the war on drugs, etc.).

:D

rtester
08-30-2007, 09:11 AM
To respond to LibertyEagle's comment, I think we need to do anything and everything we can do on college campuses, as well as everywhere else in public! Chalking is just a very cheap and efficient way to spread the message to college students.....if they see "Google Ron Paul" or "YouTube Ron Paul" chalked 1000x ALL OVER their campus, more than likely, most college students will hop on their computer and do it. They will wonder what all the hype is about.....they will talk about it with friends..... Once they've watched a YouTube video or 2, they're hooked!....that is, if they're going to be receptive to his message at all anyway. He presents the message much better than I ever could or any flier ever could.....I think those YouTube videos may be the most powerful tool we have. If we could just find someway for everyone American to watch a few?!

ronpaulyourmom
08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Buy (or borrow) 2-3 video ipods or Zune players and pre-load em with speeches, hand em out at the university health club for students to watch during their cardio workouts.

They'll really have nothing better to do but listen to the man. They can return the players on their way out. Just make sure you offer some clean headphones, put little slippers on the ear pieces.

ChooseLiberty
08-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Why not CHALK EVERYWHERE YOU GO? Take a piece of chalk with you everywhere.

Go to the park - chalk it.

Go to the mall - chalk the parking lot or sidewalks outside. Sure they'll clean it, but it will be there a while.

Going to a bar - sidewalk at entrance.

Going to work - chalk the sidewalk in front of the building entrance.

Waiting for a traffic light to cross the street - chalk it.

Just put in Dr. Paul's website. Even kids could get their parents interested.

etc. :D

CAKochenash
08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
well i just found a bunch of RP supporters on face book here at georgia tech, one of them i had just met today in person because he is a MEMBER OF MY FRATERNITY! haha. Of course i didnt know he was a Ron Paul supporter when i met him in the first place! So we are going to absolutely rape the campus with Ron Paul stuff. Woot.

Rape away brother...rape away...

the campus of course...