PDA

View Full Version : All Who Favor a Shake-up of the RP Campaign Staff, Say Aye

Leroy_Jenkems
06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
First off, this is not a troll attempt.

I donated close to the $2300 max for Dr. Paul's 2008 Presidential campaign, and would gladly donate to the Campaign for Liberty, IF I can be assured that some of the perceived weak links on the campaign staff never get remotely near campaign funds to blow on stupid crap ("He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya..." comes to mind). I won't name names (...cough...Jesse Benton...), but looking at the expenditures from the 4th quarter of last year before the NH primary leave some lingering questions in many supporters' minds.

What say y'all?

LibertyEagle
06-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I can't say as I'd lose any sleep if Dr. Paul chose to do that on a very selective basis, but it is his organization and his decision.

The Ron Paul I've seen over the past 30 years doesn't seem like he would appreciate some effort on our part to force his hand either.

constituent
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
non-starter imo.

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 06:46 PM
He's not gonna ditch Jesse.. afterall - he's now a member of his family. But judging by the activity of the blog (yeah I know...it's only a blog) and some of the words of encouragement - I am hopeful that they are being sincere when they say that big things are coming with the site in September.

Leroy_Jenkems
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't say as I'd lose any sleep if Dr. Paul chose to do that on a very selective basis, but it is his organization and his decision.

The Ron Paul I've seen over the past 30 years doesn't seem like he would appreciate some effort on our part to force his hand either.

You're right, he probably wouldn't (I wouldn't either), BUT on the flipside of things there has to be more coordination and input from/with the grassroots donors if we hope to maximize the effectiveness of our contributions. Again, the results of the NH primaries were a big disappointment, and while there were forces beyond the control of the campaign staff at work (MSM), the 4th quarter expenditures still leave doubt and questions as to how well that money was spent.

Constructive criticism, of course.

countrykidz4freedom
06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I wasn't able to donate the max, wish I could have, but did donate several times. I trust Ron Paul completely, he has proven he knows the best way to spend money-and how to make the dollar stretch the farthest. The problems we have had are not about how the money was spent, rather our opposition, who see no need to follow their own rules.

Pauliana
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
What about the good hires from the grassroots? Trevor Lyman? Michael Nystrom? That should count for something.

And I won't name names, but there are 2 or 3 names I haven't heard a peep about at CFL that are likely positive absences.

I don't get why Jesse Benton gets so much blame for stuff that most likely wasn't his doing - its just that as the press person his neck is the most publicly visible.

I say give them a chance.

constituent
06-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't get why Jesse Benton gets so much blame for stuff that most likely wasn't his doing - its just that as the press person his neck is the most publicly visible.

He was visible to the public?

lol