PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Ring the Liberty Bell!

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/4thcfl.jpg
Let’s Ring the Liberty Bell!

When: July 4, 2008

Where: Your local, public Independence Day celebration!

Let's make this 4th of July a big day to roll out the Campaign for Liberty!
Let's educate the people on this most patriotic of days about Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and the principles it represents.

CFL flyers and other materials are being designed right now for distribution.
Check the "Files" section to download at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1809/files/.
CFL-themed T-shirts, buttons, banners, bumper stickers, yard signs and more are available at:
http://www.cafepress.com/RonPaulBook/5669572 (volume discounts are available).
Or just download the designs and make your own locally.

You can order FREE pocket Constitutions with the Declaration of Independence from the Heritage Foundation at:
https://secure.heritage.org/firstPrinciples/pocketconstitution.aspx
(I asked for 500 and stated that I would be distributing them free at a local July 4th event. Perhaps best not to mention Ron Paul or CFL!)
We can get a stamp made with CFL logo and contact information and stamp them for distribution.

And let's sign up as many American's as possible for CFL!
There is a CFL sign up sheet and we can also use wireless laptops to register people on the spot!
Let's get to 100,000 registrations by July 4th.

The Revolution has only just begun!
Attend your local public 4th of July gathering and let the people know...the spirit of 1776 lives on in the Campaign for Liberty!

Please join us at http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/1809 and http://www.organizer.meetup.com/141
and let us know what your city or town is planning for this 4th of July.

For Freedom!

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1809/calendar/8215574/

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Are you kidding??? (rhetorical)

CFL has NOTHING in place... they should NOT have launched this unplanned effort at this point and we should NOT be detracting from other efforts (like the July 4th Fund Raising Efforts)... or, for that matter, the current efforts that are running on fumes such as the March, the Freedom Tour, the Granny thing, fund raising for congressional candidates, etc.

And now... with barely a week before the 4th... you want to start some new, half-baked effort???

This is just nuts!!! Unless we learn to prioritize and get focused on efforts that can actually succeed we will only succeed in creating lots of activity... but NO positive results.

CFL is collecting names and taking donations... there is nothing there except some vague promised... and it is being run by the same people who gave us the *official campaign*. This is not the time to be doing something for the sake of doing something. We have to get a lot smarter and start seeing both the tactical and strategic scope of our efforts.

This is the wrong idea... at the wrong time... for the wrong group... with the wrong leadership... sending the wrong message... did I use WRONG enough?

If we are going to restore a constitutional government we have got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and fooling ourselves that the wrong action is better than no action. There is still action you can take to make a positive difference... this ain't it.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Tarzan, CFL doesn't even officially start until September.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Officially hardly matters... they HAVE started!!! They have nothing in place except a blog (repeating what we have all read elsewhere) and a huge donation button. There email updates are little more than pleas for more money. If you are taking in money you have started... *officially* is a cute little term being used to excuse CFL for having no objective, no content... basically no nothing.

The real point is that any kind of efforts on the part of CFL are VERY premature... and, distracting from other grassroots efforts we should be supporting... like donations to the Lawson campaign and others.

We have little in the way of resources... including people willing to donate to worthy efforts. Its really understandable; we have been burned so many times we need our own recovery ward. To go wandering off in another pointless effort for something with NO content is idiocy!

We need to get focused on what can be accomplished NOW with the little time that is left. CFL is NOT leading the way and supporting them is a distraction from the few, real objectives we can actually achieve.

Consigning July 4th to hype CFL is a really bad tactical thinking. We need to take a look at the calendar before coming up with *ideas* that are counter productive... just because they make the promoter feel good.

DeadtoSin
06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

CFL has NOTHING in place... they should NOT have launched this unplanned effort at this point and we should NOT be detracting from other efforts (like the July 4th Fund Raising Efforts)... or, for that matter, the current efforts that are running on fumes such as the March, the Freedom Tour, the Granny thing, fund raising for congressional candidates, etc.

And now... with barely a week before the 4th... you want to start some new, half-baked effort???

This is just nuts!!! Unless we learn to prioritize and get focused on efforts that can actually succeed we will only succeed in creating lots of activity... but NO positive results.

CFL is collecting names and taking donations... there is nothing there except some vague promised... and it is being run by the same people who gave us the *official campaign*. This is not the time to be doing something for the sake of doing something. We have to get a lot smarter and start seeing both the tactical and strategic scope of our efforts.

This is the wrong idea... at the wrong time... for the wrong group... with the wrong leadership... sending the wrong message... did I use WRONG enough?

If we are going to restore a constitutional government we have got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and fooling ourselves that the wrong action is better than no action. There is still action you can take to make a positive difference... this ain't it.

I'm not even commenting on the Liberty Bell thing, but sometimes I wonder if some of your negativity stems from the fact that you have your own little pet projects.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not even commenting on the Liberty Bell thing, but sometimes I wonder if some of your negativity stems from the fact that you have your own little pet projects.

You don't have to wonder... you are not correct in your assumption. Nor were you correct when you made that assertion in another thread.

I want a constitutional government restored... that is the single, overriding result I would like to see achieved. With that done we would have plenty of other issues to resolve.

My "negativity", as you call it, is my growing frustration watching this movement and its leadership constantly making bad decisions and going down the wrong path.

We have endured loss after loss yet continue to follow failed practices and strategies. Instead of learning from our mistakes we continue to repeat them. To actually achieve some victories we need to change our mindset and our actions. To succeed we need to drop the notions about feeling pride and thumping our chests at our glorious defeats... especially when different tactics could result in victories.

This "movement" is more like a group of individuals pointlessly milling about... a successful movement needs to have real objectives, effective tactics, outstanding strategy, brilliant execution and victories that create real change.

Our numbers are dwindling (regardless of Pollyanna reports to the contraty), we have achieved no tangible positive results, we continue to repeat failed tactics, we have no effective leadership... and I get called negative for calling for different actions... amazing, amazing.

DeadtoSin
06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not calling you negative for taking a different action, I'm calling you negative for the way you consistently respond in these kind of topics.

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 05:30 PM

If can, can. If no can, no can.

If anyone likes the idea, they can run with it. You never know what'll spark someone. Need I remind you that our campaign had much less last 4th?

Remember the first signbomb :D:D:D

Plus, what else are people going to do on the fourth? It ain't like this idea'll cost a ton of money or time. It will be a good day for recruitment to our cause. CfL is all of us, whoever can learn to work together will be the most effective...

busy, busy...

:)

Philmanoman
06-26-2008, 05:31 PM
We need tv commercials,ads in hot magazines,candy bars,soda pops and the like to appeal to the people who cant seem to wake the fook up.A massive propaganda outfit...for the purpose of spreading good ideas...sometimes it just seems to me thats about the only thing that would work...about 2-4 yrs later...

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm not calling you negative for taking a different action, I'm calling you negative for the way you consistently respond in these kind of topics.

Then explain... give a full definition of what you mean and to what you are referring.

hypnagogue
06-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm going to agree that the CFL as of the 4th won't be much to look at. We don't want people to get a snazzy flier, follow it to a website and go... oh, is that it? The Tour and the March haven't really inspired me. They feel like stunts, in my opinion. I continue to think priority #1 needs to remain supporting liberty candidates like Lawson and Sabrin.

The CFL in it's current state isn't going to bring in any new blood.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
If can, can. If no can, no can.

If anyone likes the idea, they can run with it. You never know what'll spark someone. Need I remind you that our campaign had much less last 4th?

Remember the first signbomb :D:D:D

Plus, what else are people going to do on the fourth? It ain't like this idea'll cost a ton of money or time. It will be a good day for recruitment to our cause. CfL is all of us, whoever can learn to work together will be the most effective...

busy, busy...

:)

And this is the type of response and mindset with which I am so frustrated. You gloss right past the fact that CFL has nothing to offer, that fund raising for other grassroots projects is happening right now, that RP congressional candidates need money and help, and instead proceed with this "what's it gonna hurt" notion. It is about resources; we have limited resources and unless they are used wisely they will be spread too thinly and yield no results. With focus and proper use our resources can help achieve victories on selected efforts.

I really cannot tell if the failure to grasp this simple fact is purposeful or that you are just obtuse. And equating this to a *sign bomb* effort is yet another example of action without objectives or results. The sign bombs resulted in negative results as RP supporters took their homemade signs and littered and vandalized private property. Somewhat ironic when you consider the strong stance many RP supporters have on personal property.

Your apparent inability to step back and correctly access our actions and the results is truly mind numbing to me. That you are unable to see that focus should be placed on the current efforts, and not some last minutes half-assed effort to rally people to CFL, is... well, just befuddling.

I truly wonder if this movement has any hope of achieving any real successes. It seems that the mindset of losing, and the track record of the Libertarians, has so infested this movement that there is no chance of achieving any real victories.

kathy88
06-26-2008, 05:59 PM
We need tv commercials,ads in hot magazines,candy bars,soda pops and the like to appeal to the people who cant seem to wake the fook up.A massive propaganda outfit...for the purpose of spreading good ideas...sometimes it just seems to me thats about the only thing that would work...about 2-4 yrs later...

and bobbleheads... don't forget the RP bobbleheads

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Officially hardly matters... they HAVE started!!! They have nothing in place except a blog (repeating what we have all read elsewhere) and a huge donation button. There email updates are little more than pleas for more money. If you are taking in money you have started... *officially* is a cute little term being used to excuse CFL for having no objective, no content... basically no nothing.

The real point is that any kind of efforts on the part of CFL are VERY premature... and, distracting from other grassroots efforts we should be supporting... like donations to the Lawson campaign and others.

We have little in the way of resources... including people willing to donate to worthy efforts. Its really understandable; we have been burned so many times we need our own recovery ward. To go wandering off in another pointless effort for something with NO content is idiocy!

We need to get focused on what can be accomplished NOW with the little time that is left. CFL is NOT leading the way and supporting them is a distraction from the few, real objectives we can actually achieve.

Consigning July 4th to hype CFL is a really bad tactical thinking. We need to take a look at the calendar before coming up with *ideas* that are counter productive... just because they make the promoter feel good.
I agree
The CFL is only in beta, and is promising to bring a revamped site with lots of features by september - great.

Until then, though, we need to be focusing on getting AT LEAST one person elected (lawson, maybe??) to congress

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
And this is the type of response and mindset with which I am so frustrated. You gloss right past the fact that CFL has nothing to offer, that fund raising for other grassroots projects is happening right now, that RP congressional candidates need money and help, and instead proceed with this "what's it gonna hurt" notion. It is about resources; we have limited resources and unless they are used wisely they will be spread too thinly and yield no results. With focus and proper use our resources can help achieve victories on selected efforts.

I really cannot tell if the failure to grasp this simple fact is purposeful or that you are just obtuse. And equating this to a *sign bomb* effort is yet another example of action without objectives or results. The sign bombs resulted in negative results as RP supporters took their homemade signs and littered and vandalized private property. Somewhat ironic when you consider the strong stance many RP supporters have on personal property.

Your apparent inability to step back and correctly access our actions and the results is truly mind numbing to me. That you are unable to see that focus should be placed on the current efforts, and not some last minutes half-assed effort to rally people to CFL, is... well, just befuddling.

I truly wonder if this movement has any hope of achieving any real successes. It seems that the mindset of losing, and the track record of the Libertarians, has so infested this movement that there is no chance of achieving any real victories.

If you are going out on th fourth and promoting your near and dear projects, GREAT:). If you want to include a mention of CfL amongst the other things we all need to be promoting, GREAT:). If you don't want to promote CfL, GREAT:)

I ain't waiting to see and just plowing ahead with whatever might work. And I call complete BS on the effects of the last signbomb. The good outweighed the bad, and it did a LOT of good in Hawaii.

Methinks you could lighten up a bit, I've been listening to naysaying grumps fior over a year now, and it has always been the happy ones who get things done.

I'll tell you what, you design and post a flyer, that promotes all your "near and dear" and I'll pass it out along with anything else I desire. Gotta love a free country...

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 06:16 PM
If you are going out on th fourth and promoting your near and dear projects, GREAT:). If you want to include a mention of CfL amongst the other things we all need to be promoting, GREAT:). If you don't want to promote CfL, GREAT:)

I ain't waiting to see and just plowing ahead with whatever might work. And I call complete BS on the effects of the last signbomb. The good outweighed the bad, and it did a LOT of good in Hawaii.

Methinks you could lighten up a bit, I've been listening to naysaying grumps fior over a year now, and it has always been the happy ones who get things done.

I'll tell you what, you design and post a flyer, that promotes all your "near and dear" and I'll pass it out along with anything else I desire. Gotta love a free country...

OK... I give. All of that went totally over your head. :(

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 06:21 PM

So what are you doing on the fourth?

The funny thing is, I am just passing on the info of an effort that is already happening and I had nothing to do with setting up. All of your bellyaching ain't gonna stop it. And I ain't the type to shut down anyones activism if it moves in the direction we want. Don't matter to me if some people want to go direct and some want to take a few tacks, whatever floats their boat...

So, what exactly are you doing on the fourth?

glts
06-26-2008, 06:22 PM
If you are going out on th fourth and promoting your near and dear projects, GREAT. If you want to include a mention of CfL amongst the other things we all need to be promoting, GREAT. If you don't want to promote CfL, GREAT

I agree. People that go around moping and complaining rarely get shit done. All they do is discourage anyone from doing something.

DeadtoSin
06-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Tarzan, CFL has just started.

Freedomsground doesn't offer much more at this point. Seriously, get off your high horse and let people promote their ideas. If you want to go, then GO. If you don't, get out of the topic.

Philmanoman
06-26-2008, 06:26 PM
and bobbleheads... don't forget the RP bobbleheads

Bobbleheads...yesss very nice.Video games,card games,LIBERTY BEER...

liberteebell
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
You can order FREE pocket Constitutions with the Declaration of Independence from the Heritage Foundation at:
https://secure.heritage.org/firstPri...stitution.aspx
(I asked for 500 and stated that I would be distributing them free at a local July 4th event. Perhaps best not to mention Ron Paul or CFL!)
We can get a stamp made with CFL logo and contact information and stamp them for distribution.

I sincerely hope the CFL will eventually print up pocket Constitutions of their own with CFL info all over them.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 07:01 PM

The funny thing is, I am just passing on the info of an effort that is already happening and I had nothing to do with setting up. All of your bellyaching ain't gonna stop it. And I ain't the type to shut down anyones activism if it moves in the direction we want. Don't matter to me if some people want to go direct and some want to take a few tacks, whatever floats their boat...

Oh goodie... the "I'm doing more than you" attack.

I may actually take the day off... but, I may be doing other things as well.
I might be putting together more materials for one of the 7 Ron Paul Congressional Candidates for whom I am doing work (gratis)... I may be assisting with the four "Liberty Related" websites I am hosting (gratis)... I may be writing an extensive set of thoughts on actions to help make this movement and the CFL successful... and posting them on this forum.

I can tell you what I will not be doing... I won't be putting mindless effort into pointless projects or promoting other ideas unless I agree with them... I won't be littering & vandalizing the property of others and alienating the owner and others... I won't be fooling myself into believing that any action is good so long as I am doing something... I won't adopt the Pollyanna mindset of those who call me a "grump" or "negative".

We can continue our failed practices... or, do a real assessment of our objectives and how they can be achieved... then act. If you will take a look at my negative and grumpy posts you will find that I often give suggestions for different tactics and strategies that can actually work. Let me go ahead and pre-answer... NO, I do not have all the answers. But I do have some of them. Unless we get our heads out of our cabooses and rethink how to achieve our objectives we will continue to lose.

Rather than "passing on the info" we all need to be responsible for the direction of this movement and its success. If we mindlessly promote efforts that are poorly timed, ill conceived or a detriment to this movement it is the responsibility of each of us to speak out. If, after consideration, an effort is not worthy of promotion it will die of its own accord. We need to consider the effects of the effort in which we are engaged and make sound strategic and tactical based on logistics. We have not been doing this so far.

If you think we (this movement) are making headway this discussion is pointless. If you think we are not (or could do much better) perhaps you should use July 4th to come up with some ideas.

I decline to specifically name any efforts with which I am involved. I do not want the negative opinions of me to be foisted onto those efforts or individuals.

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM

I might be putting together more materials for one of the 7 Ron Paul Congressional Candidates for whom I am doing work (gratis)... I may be assisting with the four "Liberty Related" websites I am hosting (gratis)... I may be writing an extensive set of thoughts on actions to help make this movement and the CFL successful... and posting them on this forum.

I can tell you what I will not be doing... I won't be putting mindless effort into pointless projects or promoting other ideas unless I agree with them... I won't be littering & vandalizing the property of others and alienating the owner and others... I won't be fooling myself into believing that any action is good so long as I am doing something... I won't adopt the Pollyanna mindset of those who call me a "grump" or "negative".

We can continue our failed practices... or, do a real assessment of our objectives and how they can be achieved... then act. If you will take a look at my negative and grumpy posts you will find that I often give suggestions for different tactics and strategies that can actually work. Let me go ahead and pre-answer... NO, I do not have all the answers. But I do have some of them. Unless we get our heads out of our cabooses and rethink how to achieve our objectives we will continue to lose.

Rather than "passing on the info" we all need to be responsible for the direction of this movement and its success. If we mindlessly promote efforts that are poorly timed, ill conceived or a detriment to this movement it is the responsibility of each of us to speak out. If, after consideration, an effort is not worthy of promotion it will die of its own accord. We need to consider the effects of the effort in which we are engaged and make sound strategic and tactical based on logistics. We have not been doing this so far.

If you think we (this movement) are making headway this discussion is pointless. If you think we are not (or could do much better) perhaps you should use July 4th to come up with some ideas.

I decline to specifically name any efforts with which I am involved. I do not want the negative opinions of me to be foisted onto those efforts or individuals.

It is amazing you take my words as an attack. Especially considering your grumpy rhetoric :p

I'd rather be sitting around passing out liberty related info AND thinking up new ideas, than sitting around doing nothing but think up ideas. And I really wish tyou would choose to use your time to actually make suggestions, rather that continueally try to rain on others parade. Really Tarzan complaints without constructive suggestions on how to do something better are just hot air. What wiould you suggets people do on the 4th?

[edit-please excuse the typing, I'm multi tasking...]

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
It is amazing you take my words as an attack. Especially considering your grumpy rhetoric :p

I'd rather be sitting around passing out liberty related info AND thinking up new ideas, than sitting around doing nothing but think up ideas. And I really wish tyou would choose to use your time to actually make suggestions, rather that continueally try to rain on others parade. Really Tarzan complaints without constructive suggestions on how to do something better are just hot air. What wiould you suggets people do on the 4th?

Try reading the entire post... your response indicates you did not. As I said, I often DO make specific suggestions... I have done so on many occassions.

Maybe you should stop trying to multi-task and get focused. The former is obviously not working for you.

constituent
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM

You don't have to wonder... you are not correct in your assumption. Nor were you correct when you made that assertion in another thread.

I want a constitutional government restored... that is the single, overriding result I would like to see achieved. With that done we would have plenty of other issues to resolve.

My "negativity", as you call it, is my growing frustration watching this movement and its leadership constantly making bad decisions and going down the wrong path.

We have endured loss after loss yet continue to follow failed practices and strategies. Instead of learning from our mistakes we continue to repeat them. To actually achieve some victories we need to change our mindset and our actions. To succeed we need to drop the notions about feeling pride and thumping our chests at our glorious defeats... especially when different tactics could result in victories.

This "movement" is more like a group of individuals pointlessly milling about... a successful movement needs to have real objectives, effective tactics, outstanding strategy, brilliant execution and victories that create real change.

Our numbers are dwindling (regardless of Pollyanna reports to the contraty), we have achieved no tangible positive results, we continue to repeat failed tactics, we have no effective leadership... and I get called negative for calling for different actions... amazing, amazing.

Tarzan, CFL has just started.

Freedomsground doesn't offer much more at this point. Seriously, get off your high horse and let people promote their ideas. If you want to go, then GO. If you don't, get out of the topic.

Try reading the entire post... your response indicates you did not. As I said, I often DO make specific suggestions... I have done so on many occassions.

Maybe you should stop trying to multi-task and get focused. The former is obviously not working for you.

http://www.tonychor.com/archive/walter.jpg

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/3362/13_2008/rbee_23.preview.jpg

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 07:49 PM

I've responded to everyone one of your posts here, and aside from you casting aspertions on my mental faculties I have not seen any specific suggestions on what activists can do in their area to promote liberty locally on the 4th of July. All I see is vague complaints of what people are not doing. As I've said, you create a flyer that addresses the issue you want to promote on that day, and will include it in my stack-o-stuff.

Come on, Tarzan, put up, or shut up.

Oh, and BTW:

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none. - Forum Guidelines (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22)

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I've responded to everyone one of your posts here, and aside from you casting aspertions on my mental faculties I have not seen any specific suggestions on what activists can do in their area to promote liberty locally on the 4th of July. All I see is vague complaints of what people are not doing. As I've said, you create a flyer that addresses the issue you want to promote on that day, and will include it in my stack-o-stuff.

Come on, Tarzan, put up, or shut up.

Oh, and BTW:

Repeating myself again... These are from my first post... you must have missed them while "multi-tasking"... Let me put them in bullet points so you don't miss them this time.

People can spend time promoting and donating to:

The March on DC
The Freedom Tour
The Granny Warriors July 4th Rally
The July 4th Money Bomb
Liberty Candidates

If you feel a need to promote the CFL you should be doing it at those events... and your July 4th efforts should be promoting the events already planned and scheduled. Cross marketing can be very effective but prioritizing is critical. You don't step on one event in favor of another when you can do both with proper planning.

BTW... I (and you) know exactly the game you were playing with your attack question... "So, what exactly are you doing on the fourth?" Don't try to play Mr. Innocent... it ain't working.

Oh, and BTW:
Quote:
+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none. - Forum Guidelines

Oh, and BTW right back at you... perhaps your inability to read and comprehend the entire post brings into question your status as a moderator.

CasualApathy
06-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Man, this **** just keeps getting better! :D

*Microwaves some popcorn and pulls out the easychair*

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 09:34 PM
So, have we agreed on the Ron Paul bobbleheads idea, then? 'cause I'm all for that!

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
So, have we agreed on the Ron Paul bobbleheads idea, then? 'cause I'm all for that!

Yeah, sure... sign me up for one!!! :)

runningdiz
06-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Such an exciting battle!!

CasualApathy
06-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Tarzan, I may not agree with everything you say, but you bring the debate (with both guns blazing!).

Kudos for that.

I've allways enjoyed a good feisty debate, it's way more exciting then watching a boxing match and yet the principles are the same :)

Roxi
06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
reading this thread at this late in the movie, i feel like i rented the DVD :D

just kidding, i wasn't bored enough to read the whole thing....

but to RonPaulHawaii: I think its a FANTASTIC IDEA... count me in!
remember when you helped us hand out 14,000 constitutions in New Hampshire for OLFD :)

anyway you can pick whatever pet project to promote at the same time, you can point people to the CFL website no matter how unfinished it is... you can PROMOTE THE IDEA OF LIBERTY, not just the CFL,

just remember every person you hand a constitution to is a potential freedom fighter, patriot, or might have their own special skill or handy expertise to this movement, so promoting this could NEVER be a bad thing

....IMHO

qwerty
06-26-2008, 11:35 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/4thcfl.jpg

When: July 4, 2008

Where: Your local, public Independence Day celebration!

Let's make this 4th of July a big day to roll out the Campaign for Liberty!
Let's educate the people on this most patriotic of days about Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and the principles it represents.

CFL flyers and other materials are being designed right now for distribution.
Check the "Files" section to download at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1809/files/.
CFL-themed T-shirts, buttons, banners, bumper stickers, yard signs and more are available at:
http://www.cafepress.com/RonPaulBook/5669572 (volume discounts are available).
Or just download the designs and make your own locally.

https://secure.heritage.org/firstPrinciples/pocketconstitution.aspx

And let's sign up as many American's as possible for CFL!
There is a CFL sign up sheet and we can also use wireless laptops to register people on the spot!
Let's get to 100,000 registrations by July 4th.

The Revolution has only just begun!
Attend your local public 4th of July gathering and let the people know...the spirit of 1776 lives on in the Campaign for Liberty!

Please join us at http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/1809 and http://www.organizer.meetup.com/141
and let us know what your city or town is planning for this 4th of July.

For Freedom!

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1809/calendar/8215574/

AWESOME!

:cool:

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
reading this thread at this late in the movie, i feel like i rented the DVD :D

just kidding, i wasn't bored enough to read the whole thing....

but to RonPaulHawaii: I think its a FANTASTIC IDEA... count me in!
remember when you helped us hand out 14,000 constitutions in New Hampshire for OLFD :)

anyway you can pick whatever pet project to promote at the same time, you can point people to the CFL website no matter how unfinished it is... you can PROMOTE THE IDEA OF LIBERTY, not just the CFL,

just remember every person you hand a constitution to is a potential freedom fighter, patriot, or might have their own special skill or handy expertise to this movement, so promoting this could NEVER be a bad thing

....IMHO

+2008

Repeating myself again... These are from my first post... you must have missed them while "multi-tasking"... Let me put them in bullet points so you don't miss them this time.

People can spend time promoting and donating to:

The March on DC
The Freedom Tour
The Granny Warriors July 4th Rally
The July 4th Money Bomb
Liberty Candidates
BTW... I (and you) know exactly the game you were playing with your attack question... "So, what exactly are you doing on the fourth?" Don't try to play Mr. Innocent... it ain't working.

Oh, and BTW right back at you... perhaps your inability to read and comprehend the entire post brings into question your status as a moderator.

Interesting how much like Tarzan you seem sometimes, like the jungle has robbed you of social graces... And truthfully, I wasn't playing games, nor am I attacking.

I was trying to help you focus. :D

You see, your excessive negetivity sometimes makes it hard to see any good in what you might have to say. And, I dont spend much time trying to pick shrooms out of piles since I growed up.

Above, however, is a well laid out list. Thanks.

I wonder why you would assume that I wouldn't be promoting the majority of this list, as usual? I'm promoting the CfL as well.

As I think we all should. Arming oneself with liberty literature and soft canvassing on the 4th is a no-brainer. The OP is one way to do that.:) Please promote Liberty this July 4th, any sane way your free-will desires ;)

One thing I find remarkable is your sudden shift in attitude towards the march, especially after such fierce opposition:confused:. As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing you doing much promoting of the first three events on your list at all. When, and why, did this change of heart occur? I'm very interested in knowing what can turn someone so quickly, and how I can apply it outside of these e-walls.

And what do you mean by promoting? Are you offering any materials and plans on doing this? Just saying vaguely that we need to promote the above list is a no-brainer, we all know that. The idea is to come up with ways to actually do it.

What I really don't understand is why you had to reply in the negetive, rather that just adding to the conversation by mentioning the orgs and causes you want people to promote on July 4th. Why does it always seem to be, "my way or the highway" with you? How helpful do you think that kind of attitude is to the movement as a whole?

So, what I really gather, is that are into this freedomslate thing... I haven't paid much attention. Probably best I keep my fingers from typing my offhand and initial mixed feelings... Right now they are somewhere between, "fair enough" and "wtf?" Whatever works, I guess...

I certainly will be promoting and donating on the 29th. Lawson is a good, hard working, smart, sharp, patriot and he deserves everything we can rassle up for him

www.lawsonforcongress.com (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com) ;)

Anyway, back to the point, you say,

If you feel a need to promote the CFL you should be doing it at those events... and your July 4th efforts should be promoting the events already planned and scheduled. Cross marketing can be very effective but prioritizing is critical. You don't step on one event in favor of another when you can do both with proper planning.What specific events are you talking about, with your list, other that taking a few minutes and donating to someone on the fourth? Methinks you're just bellowing like an ape

:p

Tarzan
06-27-2008, 01:47 AM
What specific events are you talking about, with your list, other that taking a few minutes and donating to someone on the fourth? Methinks your just bellowing like an ape

And methinks your approach for making appropriate decisions as to the efforts necessary to make this movement successful are ill considered. It is part of the reason we continue to fail in our efforts. Rather than any genuine consideration regarding the returns on your efforts you prefer to label any disagreement with your position as negative... and, throw in little digs... just as I am doing. But, I am trying to forego that childishness in hopes of some genuine consideration. But first :p right back at ya :)

I am not going to rebut your assertions on a point by point basis. This is tedious and distracts from the entire point of my disagreement with promoting CFL at this time. It is true I am not a supporter of most of the things on the list... but, they are and have been planned, launched or are at a point where plans can no longer be changed. The people who have planned and supported these events deserve the best opportunity to have them be successful.

Regardless of my thoughts on any of these currently scheduled events they are now on the downhill side of the ride... it is too late to stop or change them. Having a CFL promotion at this time is very poor timing bordering on irresponsible. I honestly assumed your work in Industrial Event Production would have exposed you to these types of timing considerations (no snipe intended!)... but, that was obviously an incorrect assumption on my part... MY mistake.

As noted by Roxic27 you performed in a noble effort delivering the constitutions in NH. Everyone who participated in that effort is to be commended... there should be "hero of the revolution" awards and you deserve one... and I mean every damned word of that.

It is not my intention to demean that effort in any way. But, we need to perform hard assessments and learn from pass efforts; whether those lessons are pleasant or unpleasant. We have to be able to serious assess the effort and the results. We should be asking the question "was the effort effective". If it was effective we need to replicate the effort & results and multiply them. If it was not effective we need to modify the effort or abandon it. The results of the constitution effort did not net appreciable gains when considered against the efforts. I submit that any such future effort would need to be reworked to achieve success. The process is simple marketing and an examination of the ROI and requires harsh, emotionally detached judgments to make future plans.

Following the same methodology we should examine the CFL promotion. Fortunately, we have a history from which we can learn. Currently, CFL has nothing to offer. They just announced their legal status. They have a blog with information that is posted in many other locations. They have no plans of action. They are not supposed to *officially* launch until September. They have nothing likely to entice a newcomer to stay and participate. They are just not ready for a promotional event on July 4th.

So, instead of promoting an effort that is not yet ready... and not yet prepared to be useful in promoting this movement... we should be focused on what IS currently viable. The efforts to promote CFL should wait until at least July 12th... the day of the Revolution March... though probably much later. CFL should not be promoted at a time when it will distract from the events already scheduled... and the promotion should not occur until a viable product actually exists.

qwerty
06-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Currently, CFL has nothing to offer. They just announced their legal status. They have a blog with information that is posted in many other locations. They have no plans of action. They are not supposed to *officially* launch until September. They have nothing likely to entice a newcomer to stay and participate. They are just not ready for a promotional event on July 4th.

So, instead of promoting an effort that is not yet ready... and not yet prepared to be useful in promoting this movement... we should be focused on what IS currently viable. The efforts to promote CFL should wait until at least July 12th... the day of the Revolution March... though probably much later. CFL should not be promoted at a time when it will distract from the events already scheduled... and the promotion should not occur until a product actually exists.

If they ask me to promote CFL, i spread the word!

IT`S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START EDUCATING PEOPLE.....

You have right to your opinion but sometimes i really think, what the hell you do here...YOU ARE NOT OUR LEARDER, YOU SHOULDN`T EVEN TRY TO TELL US WHAT TO DO...I DO WHAT RON PAUL ASKS ME TO DO, I TRUST THAT MAN NOT YOU!

Tarzan
06-27-2008, 03:05 AM
If they ask me to promote CFL, i spread the word!

IT`S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START EDUCATING PEOPLE.....

You have right to your opinion but sometimes i really think, what the hell you do here...YOU ARE NOT OUR LEARDER, YOU SHOULDN`T EVEN TRY TO TELL US WHAT TO DO...I DO WHAT RON PAUL ASKS ME TO DO, I TRUST THAT MAN NOT YOU!

First, you need to ask yourself who is the "they" to whom you are referring when you say

If they ask me to promote CFL...?
The people who gave us the results and quality of materials provided by the *official* campaign? Or, was it some other group about which you have no knowledge?

This type of devotion is laudable for an unskilled initiate but smacks of same type of behavior ascribed to the "sheeple" so often decried in your own posts. It is the type of blind obedience necessary when ordering soldiers to charge the machine gun nests across an open field... though I do not recommend the behavior.

Second, it is not my intention to be your leader. Instead, I have purposely avoided any such role and have tried to do my part by offering the skills and time I have available... (and then some). I have also tried to offer advice based on my years of experience in Marketing and as a business owner. I have been involved with efforts to restore a constitutional government beginning in 1968. I have personally witnessed and observed the mistakes made in the past. I am trying to share experience based information to help avoid a repeat of some of those mistakes.

Third, the CFL promotion on July 4th came from an existing Meetup Group that has switched itself to a CFL Organizers group (with remarkable speed???)... not Ron Paul.

I will agree that it is USUALLY "never too early to start educating people"... but, until you have the right materials, the right message, the right delivery... you can do more damage than good. CFL is not ready to be promoted... July 4th will divert effort from currently scheduled projects... any promotion of CFL should be deferred to another date... when they are prepared to be an asset to this movement.

qwerty
06-27-2008, 05:17 AM
first, i have to say that english isn´t my first language...

First, you need to ask yourself who is the "they" to whom you are referring when you say

For example Ron Paul ? He have mentioned CFL in numerous interviews... Have you lately watched the videos/interviews or writings he has provided to us ? :rolleyes:

The people who gave us the results and quality of materials provided by the *official* campaign? Or, was it some other group about which you have no knowledge?

This type of devotion is laudable for an unskilled initiate but smacks of same type of behavior ascribed to the "sheeple" so often decried in your own posts. It is the type of blind obedience necessary when ordering soldiers to charge the machine gun nests across an open field... though I do not recommend the behavior.

I can tell you that, no campaign staff couldn´t win this years elections.

The truth is that only 10 % of the grass-roots worked to spread the word that´s too low number when you don´t have much money or not THE MEDIA BEHIND YOU...

Don´t under estimate the power of the MEDIA...

And you are not the one who can judge the materials cause those materials where NOT for you, those were to the people who were not yet supporters... Think where we started and where the campaign ended, i think it did pretty well after all...Have some realism sometimes, you have to work for change little bit more than ONE ELECTIONS...:rolleyes:

Second, it is not my intention to be your leader. Instead, I have purposely avoided any such role and have tried to do my part by offering the skills and time I have available... (and then some). I have also tried to offer advice based on my years of experience in Marketing and as a business owner. I have been involved with efforts to restore a constitutional government beginning in 1968. I have personally witnessed and observed the mistakes made in the past. I am trying to share experience based information to help avoid a repeat of some of those mistakes.

Ron Paul hasn´t been this populat ever before, so the campaign and he are doing something right, don´t you think...

Like i said we just need to EDUCATE people longer than one elections to change a country...

I will agree that it is USUALLY "never too early to start educating people"... but, until you have the right materials, the right message, the right delivery... you can do more damage than good. CFL is not ready to be promoted... July 4th will divert effort from currently scheduled projects... any promotion of CFL should be deferred to another date... when they are prepared to be an asset to this movement.

We have the materials allready and we have the message. For example his book, constitution, words of the founders etc etc.

Just start spread the word to take America back!

:cool:

ronpaulhawaii
06-27-2008, 09:56 AM
And methinks your approach for making appropriate decisions as to the efforts necessary to make this movement successful are ill considered. It is part of the reason we continue to fail in our efforts. Rather than any genuine consideration regarding the returns on your efforts you prefer to label any disagreement with your position as negative... and, throw in little digs... just as I am doing. But, I am trying to forego that childishness in hopes of some genuine consideration. But first :p right back at ya :)

First off, anyone reading this thread can see your blustering antics began immediately. In truth, this discussion is about your labeling of this effort as stupid. I am merely replying in my own way to your jabs. I trust I am not offending your primitive sensibilities :p

I suppose I can't escape this "leadership" role you seem to be foisting on me, but I don't have to like it.:eek: You see, I do what I do because I have a thing about exercising my liberty to promote liberty. I'm kinda selfish that way.;)

The fact is that, all of these efforts you are continually grunting over, (things like the rallies, the road trips, the signbombs and whatever), have done more good than harm, at the end of the day. Just because you can't seem to see the fruit through the jungle is no reason to suggest the fruit does not exist. Indeed that would be absurd, because a jungle without fruit would have died long ago.

I am not going to rebut your assertions on a point by point basis. This is tedious and distracts from the entire point of my disagreement with promoting CFL at this time. It is true I am not a supporter of most of the things on the list... but, they are and have been planned, launched or are at a point where plans can no longer be changed. The people who have planned and supported these events deserve the best opportunity to have them be successful.Well, your overall arguement seems to fall short because, as you say, "they are and have been planned, launched or are at a point where plans can no longer be changed. The people who have planned and supported these events deserve the best opportunity to have them be successful."

The CfL is all of these things you mention. ISTM there is still an unspkoken objection. The fact that you would highlight these other examples, that you have treated as you are treating this one, is... interesting:rolleyes:. And its kinda hard to have a debate without getting down to specifics. White Tower pontificating is fine for academics (both taskchair and otherwise), I prefer to discuss action.

Regardless of my thoughts on any of these currently scheduled events they are now on the downhill side of the ride... it is too late to stop or change them. Having a CFL promotion at this time is very poor timing bordering on irresponsible. I honestly assumed your work in Industrial Event Production would have exposed you to these types of timing considerations (no snipe intended!)... but, that was obviously an incorrect assumption on my part... MY mistake.Funny how you cannot seem to see how you come across in ways you do not intend. As mentioned before, the jungle seems to have robbed you of social graces

As noted by Roxic27 you performed in a noble effort delivering the constitutions in NH. Everyone who participated in that effort is to be commended... there should be "hero of the revolution" awards and you deserve one... and I mean every damned word of that.Thanks, and everyone still in this is a hero to me...

It is not my intention to demean that effort in any way. But, we need to perform hard assessments and learn from pass efforts; whether those lessons are pleasant or unpleasant. We have to be able to serious assess the effort and the results. We should be asking the question "was the effort effective". If it was effective we need to replicate the effort & results and multiply them. If it was not effective we need to modify the effort or abandon it. The results of the constitution effort did not net appreciable gains when considered against the efforts. I submit that any such future effort would need to be reworked to achieve success. The process is simple marketing and an examination of the ROI and requires harsh, emotionally detached judgments to make future plans. As far as handing out free constitutions, it IS very effective. I know this first hand. It is a classic marketing tool and effective on many levels.

You cannot tie the dismal campaign performance to any one activity and to do so is absurd. And, what are we doing, if not modifying it, as you suggest? It is quite telling that you even seem to have a problem with the simple activity of handing out constitutions. What is your specific gripe on that?

Following the same methodology we should examine the CFL promotion. Fortunately, we have a history from which we can learn. Currently, CFL has nothing to offer. They just announced their legal status. They have a blog with information that is posted in many other locations. They have no plans of action. They are not supposed to *officially* launch until September. They have nothing likely to entice a newcomer to stay and participate. They are just not ready for a promotional event on July 4th.I disagree, a convert of mine just told me this morning about using the CfL site to explain to some fence-sitters how the r3VOLution is moving forward. She brought that up after seeing your specific complaints here. Another point I would like to make, is that it seems you are just reacting to the formatting of the OP. You are acting like this is angle will detract from the other efforts, and I don't see that. The fact remains that RP has asked us to sign up as many as possible as soon as possible. I am quite curious what would motivate you to recommend ignoring RPs request? I find such a position, arrogant, divisive, and counterproductive.

So, instead of promoting an effort that is not yet ready... and not yet prepared to be useful in promoting this movement... we should be focused on what IS currently viable. The efforts to promote CFL should wait until at least July 12th... the day of the Revolution March... though probably much later. CFL should not be promoted at a time when it will distract from the events already scheduled... and the promotion should not occur until a viable product actually exists.Waiting is so aggravating
A time of life I've come to hating
...<snip>

You stll have not addressed the fact that I am recommending all of these efforts be considered and promoted.

rancher89
06-27-2008, 11:14 AM
did I hear liberty beer?????

raises hand, asks politely "yes sir, may I have another?"

promote what feels right to you, let others do the same......

UtahApocalypse
06-27-2008, 11:14 AM

I have always had a pet peeve about announcements of announcements. if you announce that in the future your announcing something then isn't that the announcement? what is the point of a announcement if you announce the announcement before the announcement and its not the announcement?

(wrap your heads around that for a bit)

ronpaulhawaii
06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
I have always had a pet peeve about announcements of announcements. if you announce that in the future your announcing something then isn't that the announcement? what is the point of a announcement if you announce the announcement before the announcement and its not the announcement?

Good one, Damon - lol

We go on with the hands we are dealt, or we fold. I'm all in :D

CasualApathy
06-27-2008, 12:26 PM

Well, Ron Paul has stated in several interviews since announcing CFL that it was launched because he knew many supporters would be very disappointed by RP suspending his campaign. I think he simply felt that we would loose too much momentum if there was nothing going on between now and sep. 2. even though the CFL concept was not completely developed yet.

MRoCkEd
06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, Ron Paul has stated in several interviews since announcing CFL that it was launched because he knew many supporters would be very disappointed by RP suspending his campaign. I think he simply felt that we would loose too much momentum if there was nothing going on between now and sep. 2. even though the CFL concept was not completely developed yet.
/\

constituent
06-27-2008, 08:16 PM

hence no real revolution. the whole bit is/was and will continue to be a sham.

a shame...

a whatever.

bradleyindc would probably make a masturbation joke, and be justified in so doing.

Tarzan
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
In response to ronpaulhawaii's post
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1537332&postcount=40

As stated previously I am not going to get into a tit-for-tat set of pointless exchanges with you to fend off your invectives. If you are really unable to see the substantially larger issues there is no point... I decline to play into your passive/aggressive behavior. But, don't worry; I did not miss any of your snipes or verbal assaults. I am just going to afford them the consideration they are due... which means I will ignore them. Am I a blunt asshole… you bet! What I think of you and your responses is not germane to the issue.

Instead of responding in kind I will give you a real world example of the type of thinking we should be performing to obtain positive results in any of our efforts. I hope that you, having accepted a leadership role as a moderator of the RPF, will experience a revelation and understand the broader implications of this type of examination or ANY and ALL of our efforts. If not, I hope it might serve useful to others.

Handing out Constitutions
This is a great idea... that by handing out Pocket Constitutions we could enlighten voters as to the true nature of our government and the intentions of our founders… That those having read the constitution would be filled with the spirit of liberty and demand the restoration of our constitution… That this fervor would make a substantial impact on the upcoming election and to the freedom movement in general... that those who received one would be so inspired they would tell their friends and family and multiply the effort.

Judging the Results
About 14,000 pocket constitutions were distributed in NH. A substantial amount of time, money and effort was dedicated to this endeavor. The results at the election were disappointing and there was no evidence of a ground swell or support or newly found dedication to the freedom movement.

Changing the Marketing
With the results not being what was hoped we have to consider how to better market the idea or abandon it. In this case the idea still seems like a good one. If we cannot get voters to understand the necessity of restoring the constitution we have little hope of furthering the freedom movement.

The product is good... the message is good... the problem must be the consumer or how the message was marketed.

Selling the Constitution
OK... we have a good product but it did not receive the acceptance for which we were hoping. How do we sell the customer? How do we change the "packaging" to make the product something they must have? To get going in the right direction we need to take a look at the needs, wants and desires of the customer. We have to relate to the customer on a personal basis... we have to make a quick connection and "hit them where they live".

Well, let's look at history. The constitution was not an immediate sell... the product itself took some tweaking... then, there was a "road show" to explain the benefits of the constitution. Since the current customer has been misinformed, mislead and no longer understands the benefits of the constitution. We need something like the "Federalist Papers Road Show" in a quick and easy to comprehend format. We need something like an overview paper... a coversheet, if you will... highlighting the benefits of the constitution.

Our customers have a short attention span so we need to get their attention quickly. A short list of bullet point items with "hot topics" that could be resolved by a constitutional government could be the answer. So, we do a couple of focus groups to determine their needs, wants and desires. With that information we create a few companion pieces to go along with the pocket constitutions. They, we test it on various groups and determine which is the most effective.

We combine the Pocket Constitution campaign with our new companion piece and test its effectiveness in a few sample markets. Our sample marketing indicates that the new material was a bit more effective... but still missing something. People were beginning to read the constitution but we are not getting the results desired. We examine the issue and discover that a correlation between the constitution and the customer’s daily lives was not being made.

So, we setup a carefully moderated website to answer questions... or, we setup a hotline to answer questions and provide guidance... or, we do both.

Conclusions
There are certainly considerations of time, resources and money. But, this type of critical analysis of our activities is essential to have successful efforts. Having a random, shotgun style methodology can provide lots of activity on our part… but not necessarily positive results... the idea is to get good results and election victories. We also need a means of gauging the results against our efforts… a subject for another time.

Unless we get focused on our objectives, and conduct ourselves in a professional manner to help insure victories, we will continue to repeat our past results. We can learn from our past efforts and those of history… we can refine “the message” and its presentation… to do so we need have serious assessment of past efforts and discontinue the “do anything as long as you are doing something” mindset.

amy31416
06-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Well said Tarzan. So many good points.

ronpaulhawaii
06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Tarzan,

Excuse me for taking your opening jabs as rhetorical license.

As Amy says, you do make many good points.

The handing out of constitutions is good on many levels. Can we use NH as much of a gauge, though? It is/was a unique environment. The citizens of NH get inundated with propaganda. Again, I think the constitutions did us more good than harm. The additional expense of adding a booklet to the packs of lit is negligable. More importantly, volunteers are at ease handing them out and they are great icebreakers.

We could use the example of District 14, where the Paul's distribution of constitutions and cookbooks is legendary. People come driving back on poll day, "because they forgot to get their C&Cs from the Pauls.". It is a fine vehicle for selling goodwill, with a proven trackrecord. It is one of the few things people keep and leaves a good impression. A targeted "slimjim:, tucked into a stamped constitution, is the perfect hand out. The enclosed lit is targeted, the constitutions are constant. I'll always support variations of that theme.

So, yes, packaging is important. We seem to agree with all this, and I agree the marketing ideas you outline are great. Where I think we disagree is in the timing. I see no reason to wait to promote CfL, along with all of our other concerns. It is natural we are in a flux and have overlapping priorities. IMO- it is just as important for some to be in the streets spreading messegeV.2, while others are honing msgV.3. Not only does it bring in new folk, but it keeps us energized. This is campaign season, now is the time for public events.

We do need to work on new hand-outs and your's is a good start.