PDA

View Full Version : Skills needed for new RP-support website

CasualApathy
08-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Dear Ron-Paulites

I started this discussion in another thread "How is the fundraising going", and since this is not strictly the same subject, I've decided to post this new thread.

The idea is basically to launch a RP Grassroots HQ website, where every dedicated RP supporter can register.

The site should feature a forum for discussion, and should reward people for their hard work. This could be done by awarding "liberty points" to members as they:

1. Donate money to RP
2. Recruit new members
3. Make phonecalls for RP
4. Attend RP meetups
5. Etc.

I think this would be a great motivator for our Grassroots movement.

The site should also feature a day to day update on our fundraising efforts. I think this would help build the momentum.

The main thing, as Ron Paul has also said, is to have fun while we do this. And a bit of competition never hurts, right? :D

Let me hear your thoughts and ideas. If we put our minds to it, this shouldnt take long (provided we can get some people with programming skills onboard)

I would like to help coordinate, and do whatever i can to maintain the site once its up. I sadly do not have the skills to make this happen on my own, otherwise i would, but i am willing to pay the costs of running the site. It should be non profit naturally.

So, are you guys up to it?

Man from La Mancha
08-27-2007, 11:42 AM
With out HQ support it would be useless, no offense, but they have the most info on fund raising.

mdh
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Dear Ron-Paulites

I started this discussion in another thread "How is the fundraising going", and since this is not strictly the same subject, I've decided to post this new thread.

The idea is basically to launch a RP Grassroots HQ website, where every dedicated RP supporter can register.

The site should feature a forum for discussion, and should reward people for their hard work. This could be done by awarding "liberty points" to members as they:

1. Donate money to RP
2. Recruit new members
3. Make phonecalls for RP
4. Attend RP meetups
5. Etc.

I think this would be a great motivator for our Grassroots movement.

The site should also feature a day to day update on our fundraising efforts. I think this would help build the momentum.

The main thing, as Ron Paul has also said, is to have fun while we do this. And a bit of competition never hurts, right? :D

Let me hear your thoughts and ideas. If we put our minds to it, this shouldnt take long (provided we can get some people with programming skills onboard)

I would like to help coordinate, and do whatever i can to maintain the site once its up. I sadly do not have the skills to make this happen on my own, otherwise i would, but i am willing to pay the costs of running the site. It should be non profit naturally.

So, are you guys up to it?

I can set you up with a lot of technical help and security advice and save you some money in rolling things out. Let me know - toss me an email to mdh@solitox.net or call me (my number's on http://www.ronpaul.name/) if you're interested, and we'll talk about your vision.

CasualApathy
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I can set you up with a lot of technical help and security advice and save you some money in rolling things out. Let me know - toss me an email to mdh@solitox.net or call me (my number's on http://www.ronpaul.name/) if you're interested, and we'll talk about your vision.

Thanks!

I will let this thread live on for a while, and incorporate the feedback into my vision of the site, then i will send you an e-mail and we can discuss this.

I want to do my part, even though im not actually in the US. I can tell you that RP is being talked about even here in Denmark. You see, in europe, honest politicians are also very rare.

Again, thank you, and i will contact you in a bit.

mdh
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
We have a lot of European supporters. A number of regulars on the IRC chat are from Germany, Sweden, even Israel.