PDA

View Full Version : Utah: Incumbent fear: Cannon loss sets off wave of worry

UtahApocalypse
06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Good Article today, The loss of incumbent Chris Cannon to newcomer Jason Chaffetz is already setting fear throughout Washington.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9697237

.... "The Utah primary confirms what we've been saying all along, which is that no incumbent is truly safe in this environment," says Ken Spain, the press secretary for the National Republican Congressional Committee. ....

Very interesting article. have a look.

acptulsa
06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/nelson-muntz-12989.jpg?1173625661

The politicians are worried. Here we are forclosed, flooded and farked and we should worry that the politicians are worried.

Anyone feel sorry for them?

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Ron Paul isn't worried about losing HIS seat. Hmm....wonder why?

acptulsa
06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Ron Paul isn't worried about losing HIS seat. Hmm....wonder why?

'Cause that primary is done and the Democrats have pretty much given up on the district.

That primary did cause just a few anxious moments, though--before he blew his neocon "competition" Peden out of the water.

RoyalShock
06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
"This is a plague nationwide." - Chris Cannon on Republicans facing a tough Novermber election.

No, Mr. Cannon, it is not a plague to the GOP, but more like a vaccine. Yes, it stings going in, but will help fight the real plague - neocon Republicans.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
'Cause that primary is done and the Democrats have pretty much given up on the district.

That primary did cause just a few anxious moments, though--before he blew his neocon (isn't his name Pederson?) "competition" out of the water.

LOL! I can't believe there were "anxious moments." What happened??

winston_blade
06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm worried that this guy is going to be disappointing. He seems more like a Paul Broun than a Ron Paul.

acptulsa
06-26-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL! I can't believe there were "anxious moments." What happened??

The neocons threw a bunch--and I do mean a bunch--of money at the District 14 media markets and the local Republicans responded by voting their man back in and telling Chris Peden to get stuffed.

We'll see about the happily ever after part. The end.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
The neocons threw a bunch--and I do mean a bunch--of money at the District 14 media markets and the local Republicans responded by voting their man back in and telling Chris Pederson to get stuffed.

HA HA!!! Go get 'em, District 14!! :D

RPTXState
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
The neocons threw a bunch--and I do mean a bunch--of money at the District 14 media markets and the local Republicans responded by voting their man back in and telling Chris Pederson to get stuffed.

Peden, not Pederson.

And he says he'll be back in 2 years...guy really must like throwing himself at brick walls and hoping they fall down.

amy31416
06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Peden, not Pederson.

And he says he'll be back in 2 years...guy really must like throwing himself at brick walls and hoping they fall down.

Something to consider: Eventually RP will want to retire. Until then, he will win his Congressional seat back so long as his health stays good. Is there another Ron Paul type in the district who can start working with him now and start getting "known" to the district so there will be a seamless transition and no Peden-types can get in?

We have to defend our districts and we already know this one is not closed to a RP Republican.