PDA

View Full Version : Amendment 28: "Congress has the power to establish laws on interstate pollution ....

Rivington Essex
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Amendment 28: "Congress has the power to establish laws on interstate pollution, contaminants, and radiation."

Quick Vote: Who would vote for or against?

axiomata
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
It may be necessary in the future, but I still have confidence in the market at the time being.

angelatc
08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I like the concept. I think that because air and water cross state and international lines that the Feds have a right to be involved.

JBKing
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I thought there were already some laws of this nature.

david.griffus
08-27-2007, 11:48 AM
What about good ol' fashioned property rights strictly enforced by the courts? They probably have this right anyway.

constituent
08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
second david.griffus

less government people... less...

you take the reigns of your universe!

beermotor
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
It's not as easy as "stricter enforcement of property rights by the courts" ... litigation is EXPENSIVE. The whole system is a racket.

I am sure that EPA is pretty far down on Paul's list of "needs to go", but we'll see. I think this is probably one area that will have to see some sort of compromise of pure free marketism, at least until such time as people wake up and realize it's your own backyard you are destroying through waste/pollution.

Fusion power will go a long way to solving our problems, of course, as the biggest polluters are power plants.