PDA

View Full Version : Note about July 4th moneybomb

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 08:51 AM
storm's edit: If you think I'm suggesting that you don't help out and donate, you're wrong. Please still donate to these candidates, including on July 4th if you want. I've requested this thread locked because a lot of people took it a little bit the wrong way. thanks.

---

Trevor Lyman's Break the Matrix company makes a 10 % profit off of the donations.

The BJ Lawson one on the 29th makes no profit. But if you still do the one on the 4th, and have a problem with donating to BTM... you might want to donate directly at the candidates' sites.

edit: If MRoCkEd is right, you'd want to donate the day after

[Admin notes:

#1. The 10% amount should be confirmed before accepting it as correct.
#2. The site staff at RPFs.com recognize the complex issues involved in this project which certainly has the positives of raising awareness and funds for liberty candidates. It is understandable that not all will agree with all the specifics of the project. Please follow the forum guidelines and be respectful of other forum members. (The note has no implied reference to the Topic Starters post).

Thank you.]

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
well i think the contributions are made directly to the campaign websites, but each campaign has agreed to pay a fee equal to 10% of the donations to BTM in exchange for its promotion.

but yeah, i will be donating to BJ on the 29th

JKap
06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Trevor Lyman's Break the Matrix company makes a 10 % profit off of the donations.

The BJ Lawson one on the 29th makes no profit. But if you still do the one on the 4th, and have a problem with donating to BTM... you might want to donate directly at the candidates' sites.

What is the BTM July 4th money bomb?

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 08:58 AM

How do you know that? Last time somebody asked, they replied it's a secret how much they make.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 08:59 AM

it goes to a list a of various candidates

some of which, in my opinion, have no active campaign and cannot win anyway. others are good candidates though

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 09:00 AM
How do you know that? Last time somebody asked, they replied it's a secret how much they make.

one of the candidates told me, lol

Why are they keeping it a secret? I'm not trying to ruin their plans... I just want some honesty going around here. And Trevor has the big establishment... the other moneybombs have no list and we're small... it hasn't exactly been easy competing. For example, he took our original day...

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 09:09 AM
one of the candidates told me, lol

Why are they keeping it a secret? I'm not trying to ruin their plans...

Just a business matter I suppose. I still believe it's not fair to mention that important information at the very bottom of the page and pretend it's an old good moneybomb at the top. Doing money off this is perfectly OK with me.

ARealConservative
06-26-2008, 09:12 AM

peee uuukkkkkeeeee

what an asshat that guy has turned out to be IMO.

amy31416
06-26-2008, 09:52 AM
So, to clarify: BTM is promoting a July 4th money bomb, where we are encouraged to donate to BTM, they get 10% of the donations and the rest is divvied up between Congressional candidates?

Did I get that right? It's not really stated in this thread so far.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 09:55 AM
So, to clarify: BTM is promoting a July 4th money bomb, where we are encouraged to donate to BTM, they get 10% of the donations and the rest is divvied up between Congressional candidates?

I'm not sure if people will donate directly to the candidates or what... all I know is that BTM told the candidates they would need 10% of the donation or they can't be in the moneybomb.

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 09:57 AM

I think you get it right. At least that's my impression from the various different threads about it.

asgardshill
06-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Actually, 10% for fundraising is not all that much out-of-line. Raising money sometimes takes money. There are charities that just about everybody here would probably donate to without question which take a far greater percentage for administrative costs.

And there's always the option of voting with one's feet. If you honestly believe that Trevor Lyman is taking too much out of your donations, you can always donate directly to your candidate(s) of choice. That's the way I prefer to donate anyway - the blimp thing really soured me on TL, but that's just me.

Milton
06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
If I wish to donate $100 to a candidate, I want the candidate to get the FULL $100. I want my money to go to helping a freedom minded person get elected. NOT to finance someone's new Ferrari.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Actually, 10% for fundraising is not all that much out-of-line. Raising money sometimes takes money. There are charities that just about everybody here would probably donate to without question which take a far greater percentage for administrative costs.

And there's always the option of voting with one's feet. If you honestly believe that Trevor Lyman is taking too much out of your donations, you can always donate directly to your candidate(s) of choice. That's the way I prefer to donate anyway - the blimp thing really soured me on TL, but that's just me.

But let's compare.

People doing freedom slate moneybomb - 10%
People doing Lawson moneybomb (and all other moneybombs before) - 0%

asgardshill
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
But let's compare.

Yepper.

Frankly, if I were a freedom candidate, I would tell Lyman exactly which orifice he could use to shove his 10% off the top. But then again, is it better to get 90% or get zippo?

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
But let's compare.

Your 10% isn't even official. People know only about a fee (if they even bothered to scroll to the bottom of the freedom slate site, of course).

So the difference is even bigger, imho.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Yepper.

Frankly, if I were a freedom candidate, I would tell Lyman exactly which orifice he could use to shove his 10% off the top. But then again, is it better to get 90% or get zippo?

I think the candidates should still do it.... I just think the people who pledged should know what's going on. I'd always encourage people to help out in any way. I just hope they know exactly where their money is going. If people don't want part of their donation going to BTM, they should donate with another moneybomb, the next day, etc...

brandon
06-26-2008, 10:40 AM
What a joke. Now I know why he wouldn't agree to let us use www.thisnovember5th.com to set up a money bomb for next november.

Mckarnin
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM

www.freedomslate08.com

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you see the disclaimer about it being a for-profit moneybomb. To be honest 10% is pretty standard for "development work" aka getting money for causes/candidates. My problem with it is that Trevor is now blatantly using the lists he created via the non-profit moneybombs for direct personal gain.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Does Trevor post here on the forums? Perhaps he can explain the situation?

hillertexas
06-26-2008, 10:53 AM
What a joke. Now I know why he wouldn't agree to let us use www.thisnovember5th.com to set up a money bomb for next november.

He wouldn't let you use the website? What an .....

hillertexas
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM

I think he is Tarzan

Correction : He is not Tarzan....thanks, guys...my bad. :) Trevor=Sword of Shannarah

brandon
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
www.freedomslate08.com

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you see the disclaimer about it being a for-profit moneybomb. To be honest 10% is pretty standard for "development work" aka getting money for causes/candidates.

No development work is need though. We raised 6 mil in one day for Paul. The overhead running the moneybomb site was probably about $100. The beauty of our grassroots is that we don't need some special paid fundraising company to coordinate donations. We are self coordinated non-hierarchical volunteers.

Mckarnin
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM

Yes, Trevor posts on the forum.

I don't blame him for taking money if he is working hard to promote the current for-profit moneybomb. I just think that the non-profit moneybomb emails should have been used 1 time at the end of each moneybomb to offer people the option to opt. into all of Trevor's future endeavors, commercial and non-profit and then deleted. Break the Matrix, for-profit moneybombs, etc...should have been promoted only via these opt ins and not via the original moneybomb emails.

szczebrzeszyn
I think he is Tarzan

Since when? :)

Mckarnin
I think he is Tarzan

lol...

Trevor: Sword of Shannarah.

amy31416
06-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I think he is Tarzan

No, he's not Tarzan on here.

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
i don't care about freedomslate, because the campaigns agreed to offer him a percentage of the donations in exchange for promotion

but he really should let us use www.thisnovember5th.com

brandon
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes, Trevor posts on the forum.

I don't blame him for taking money if he is working hard to promote the current for-profit moneybomb.

I do. We all have worked hard. There are plenty of people who would do what he is doing for free, but he has a quasi-monopoly on money bombs due to his past success. It is time for the free market to kick him out and replace him with someone who will do it cheaper (free)

Mckarnin
06-26-2008, 11:07 AM
No development work is need though. We raised 6 mil in one day for Paul. The overhead running the moneybomb site was probably about $100. The beauty of our grassroots is that we don't need some special paid fundraising company to coordinate donations. We are self coordinated non-hierarchical volunteers.

I understand how powerful our grassroots CAN be. That said, these candidates wouldn't be signing up for a moneybomb with someone taking a 10% cut unless they were having trouble getting money independently, through the grassroots.

For example...

right now FreedomSlate08.com (for-profit corporation moneybomb), granted it's using all previous moneybomb lists, has 751 people pledged.

the Lawson Liberty Fund moneybomb (non-profit grassroots) on June 29th has 105 people pledged right now.

Personally I think the moneybomb concept has been beaten and burned for the time being. Everyone is having a moneybomb for everything, we have donor fatigue, we have spamming of email addresses submitted to previous moneybombs and fights over who gets credit for their success...ugh!

Also, I think we have become complacent because of Trevor's "list". We started to take it for granted that that the vast majority of those who can be hit up would be automatically by Trevor. I still remember seeing the outraged emails from some people on the forum when the pledge numbers didn't look good on one of the moneybombs and Trevor hadn't sent out an update recently. The concept is losing its original grassroots sparkle. I hope we can get it back.

UtahApocalypse
06-26-2008, 11:16 AM
WTF!!!!!!!

So I now expect BTM to send me a check for the 6 hours work I have put into advertising their site. if its now a 'For Profit' Then the employs doing ALL of the work should get paid. Trevor can go to hell and kiss my ass. I will gladly e-mail each of the candidates that are part of BTM that I personally am NOT donating 1 single cent to the campaign as long as this is set that way.

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
if its now a 'For Profit'

I think it was for-profit from the start - but maybe you have not scrolled down ?;)

Mckarnin
06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I do. We all have worked hard. There are plenty of people who would do what he is doing for free, but he has a quasi-monopoly on money bombs due to his past success. It is time for the free market to kick him out and replace him with someone who will do it cheaper (free)

I can empathize. Like many in this movement I am working for free with almost 0 emotional rewards. This movement is made up of people. Some of us, myself included, have repeatedly made the mistake of thinking that everyone here is working for freedom. Unfortunately like any other cross section of society there are many in this movement who want personal glory, wealth (not just recompense), and credit for ideas that are not their own.

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
WTF!!!!!!!

So I now expect BTM to send me a check for the 6 hours work I have put into advertising their site. if its now a 'For Profit' Then the employs doing ALL of the work should get paid. Trevor can go to hell and kiss my ass. I will gladly e-mail each of the candidates that are part of BTM that I personally am NOT donating 1 single cent to the campaign as long as this is set that way.
The promotion of freedomslate will allow these candidates to get donations they otherwise wouldn't have - and if the candidates choose to pay BTM a percentage in exchange for the promotion, that's between BTM and the candidates.

If you don't like BTM for running a for-profit organization, fine.
But there's no reason not to donate to freedom candidates just because they are "part of BTM"
Just donate the same amount before or after July 4th.

Personally, I will donate to candidates on my own.
Utah, I recommend http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com

UtahApocalypse
06-26-2008, 11:42 AM
The promotion of freedomslate will allow these candidates to get donations they otherwise wouldn't have - and if the candidates choose to pay BTM a percentage in exchange for the promotion, that's between BTM and the candidates.

If you don't like BTM for running a for-profit organization, fine.
But there's no reason not to donate to freedom candidates just because they are "part of BTM"
Just donate the same amount before or after July 4th.

Personally, I will donate to candidates on my own.
Utah, I recommend http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com

The main difference here is when a campaign actually hires a business to promote its campaign the business then PAYS other companies to make signs, produce advertisements, etc... BTM is solely relying on grassroots to do all the leg work for free, and then THEY get the pay for everyone else's work.

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
The main difference here is when a campaign actually hires a business to promote its campaign the business then PAYS other companies to make signs, produce advertisements, etc... BTM is solely relying on grassroots to do all the leg work for free, and then THEY get the pay for everyone else's work.
Good point

IRO-bot
06-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Who cares, Trevar has turned into ------. He's all about his fame and making monies now.

I'd rather donate the full, I'd rather have REAL grassroots make a moneybomb. Trevor didn't do anything. He made a website. WE MADE THE BOMB!!!!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
06-26-2008, 12:01 PM
The campaigns probably agreed to different cuts, but 10% on average is probably pretty close.

If people think Capitalism is supposed to be a greater fools game of deception, they can take their faux-liberty rhetoric and shove it up their Rothschild-worshipping asses.

Whatever happened to responsible capitalism where you offer a product based on need, and are upfront with your intentions?
Because if you have a shitty product, all you have are marketing and deception and fine print.

Sell-outs, the lot of 'em.

hillertexas
06-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Trevor didn't do anything. He made a website. WE MADE THE BOMB!!!!

+1

LibertyEagle
06-26-2008, 03:11 PM
If anyone here knows Trevor, perhaps it would be a good idea for him to come over here and clear up the potential misunderstanding.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 03:12 PM
If anyone here knows Trevor, perhaps it would be a good idea for him to come over here and clear up the potential misunderstanding.

I don't know...this could get ugly....

mport1
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about BTM being for profit. That is capitalism people, what we all say we support. Hopefully it will give him more incentive to create good projects. If he doesn't perform well, we can just pull our money. If I'm not mistaken, I think he is also doing this full time or most of the time so I'm he needs some money for his efforts.

However, I do think there are much better areas to put money into other than BTM like the Mises Institute, Free Talk Live, and the Free State Project.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I think he is Tarzan

Correction : He is not Tarzan....thanks, guys...my bad. :) Trevor=Sword of Shannarah

What did I ever do to you... Tarzan is Charles Manley... not Trevor Lyman.

To make it more pointedly clear... Tarzan did not (and does not) support BTM or the stock offering methodology they were considering for launching BTM. Or, for any non-existent product, service or company... just bad business and bad investing... the purpose of an IPO is quite different... IMHO.

But, if BTM can get donations from sources for these congressional candidates outside the "normal" venues (such as this forum) more power to them. We have very few candidates worthy of the office and even fewer with sufficient funds to run a winning campaign.

If BTM can come up with a successful fund raising effort... more power to them. And, they HAVE to charge something to keep it legal. They are providing a service and MUST keep it legal... they are entitled to charging for their services.

If you can give directly to a campaign... please do so and cut out the middle man. If BTM can successfully raise funds for these candidates... great!

But... Tarzan is sure as hell not Trevor. :confused:

pacelli
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Didn't realize it is a for-profit moneybomb, appreciate the info. Gives me, personally, a reason to eliminate another source of spam email. Free market at work. Individual responsibility.

brandon
06-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about BTM being for profit. That is capitalism people, what we all say we support.

The big deal is that similar "services" are provided for free. Of course we support capitalilsm, and we are helping inform "consumers" about the companies they are dealing with. We are not saying that the government should stop this type of business from existing.

hillertexas
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM

To make it more pointedly clear... Tarzan did not (and does not) support BTM or the stock offering methodology they were considering for launching BTM. Or, for any non-existent product, service or company... just bad business and bad investing... the purpose of an IPO is quite different... IMHO.

But, if BTM can get donations from sources for these congressional candidates outside the "normal" venues (such as this forum) more power to them. We have very few candidates worthy of the office and even fewer with sufficient funds to run a winning campaign.

If BTM can come up with a successful fund raising effort... more power to them. And, they HAVE to charge something to keep it legal. They are providing a service and MUST keep it legal... they are entitled to charging for their services.

If you can give directly to a campaign... please do so and cut out the middle man. If BTM can successfully raise funds for these candidates... great!

:) sorry, Charles.

mport1
06-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Hey Tarzan. Completely unrelated, but you don't accept PMs so I wanted to get in touch with you. I really liked the graphics you had posted in the "Brainstorming" thread for the CFL and saw that the CFL is accepting graphics if you email them to them. They aren't showing up anymore so I don't know how to get to them - http://www.campaignforliberty.com/community/ Please let me know if you saw this message.

Tarzan
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
:) sorry, Charles.

no worries... :) ;)

Just a note about Trevor... I know some folks have issues with some of his ventures. I, for example, will not be supporting BTM.

But, I did work with Trevor on another project... and know that he made a LOT of personal sacrifices (including financial) on behalf of this movement. What were/are his motives... I have no idea and cannot speak to that question.

But... I do know that he put himself out there both financially, personally and professionally during the early/mid stages of this movement. In my book, that earned him a lot of points.

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Trevor Lyman has worked very hard coming up with "outside the box" ways of promoting and perpetuating the revolution. Ron Paul takes an annual salary for being a U.S. Representative, and no one here says things like "what an asshat that guy has turned into"

The fact that he takes a small portion as a promoting agent for all these candidates should be the last thing on our minds. Just imagine what a promotions company or political attorney or firm would have charged our candidates and then step back and thank Trevor for finding such a cost effective method for the candidates to raise funds.

Please donate on the 4th, as some of the candidates have no other way of getting a jump start to their campaigns... But one thing is for sure... We must put forth every effort to make sure these campaigns succeed.

http://www.freedomslate08.com

Jamsie 567
06-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Trevor Lyman has devoted himself to this movement in a positive way. I wonder how these people who insult his credibility would handle being thrown in the lime light. If you guys had the opportunity to talk to Trevor. You would know there is nothing he could of done differently and handled this all the right way. I am glad he is still active in the movement after he has been attacked by a lot of inmature people. I am 100% behind you Trevor keep fighting!

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Trevor Lyman has worked very hard coming up with "outside the box" ways of promoting and perpetuating the revolution. Ron Paul takes an annual salary for being a U.S. Representative, and no one here says things like "what an asshat that guy has turned into"

The fact that he takes a small portion as a promoting agent for all these candidates should be the last thing on our minds. Just imagine what a promotions company or political attorney or firm would have charged our candidates and then step back and thank Trevor for finding such a cost effective method for the candidates to raise funds.

Please donate on the 4th, as some of the candidates have no other way of getting a jump start to their campaigns... But one thing is for sure... We must put forth every effort to make sure these campaigns succeed.

http://www.freedomslate08.com

after investigating..people whopromote candidates and causes take up to 90% for services. Thanks Trevor for the alternative!

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
after investigating..people whopromote candidates and causes take up to 90% for services. Thanks Trevor for the alternative!

I and everyone else are taking 0% from the donations of the moneybomb we are helping with.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I think some people just want Trevor to post here and explain why he's taking 10%....at least, I think that's what's being asked for...

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I and everyone else are taking 0% from the donations of the moneybomb we are helping with.

Are you organizing a moneybomb for 25 candidates on the same day?

Do you have a full time job? This is what Trevor does FULL TIME. A worker is worthy of his wages, and were he to take 0% it would not be legal for him to organize this event.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong to take 10% for BTM. I just think he should have told people and made it clear that it isn't a traditional moneybomb.

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Do you think that your taking the initiative to inform the people of that fact is helpful to the candidates involved? These candidates (myself included) might just sink or swim depending on the success of this event.

There are many of us with a true message and a great opportunity to win but we lack the proper funding.

I think it might be good for you to encourage people to donate on July 4th to these candidates in spite of this minor issue of 10% going to BTM.

This effort has the potential to do so much good for the movement and for those who are working full time to continue it. These candidates need all the help they can get.

Please consider endorsing this moneybomb and helping everyone involved.

Our nation's future depends on the success of this revolution and its pioneers.

Jeremy
06-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Do you think that your taking the initiative to inform the people of that fact is helpful to the candidates involved? These candidates (myself included) might just sink or swim depending on the success of this event.

There are many of us with a true message and a great opportunity to win but we lack the proper funding.

I think it might be good for you to encourage people to donate on July 4th to these candidates in spite of this minor issue of 10% going to BTM.

This effort has the potential to do so much good for the movement and for those who are working full time to continue it. These candidates need all the help they can get.

Please consider endorsing this moneybomb and helping everyone involved.

Our nation's future depends on the success of this revolution and its pioneers.

thats why in my post i said if you dont want 10% going to BTM, just donate the day after :)

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-26-2008, 11:26 PM
thats why in my post i said if you dont want 10% going to BTM, just donate the day after :)

Certainly. However, this is already a coordinated event, and the lack of coordination, or telling people not to donate on the 4th could keep quite a few people from donating at all.

I'll be completely honest with you, my campaign needs funds and I would appreciate your support in this matter. Mr. Lawson is a respectable individual, and deserves all the support he can get, but he's not the only candidate running with a chance to win.

Please don't detract from the other candidates and their attempts to raise funds for this cause.

Please publicly support this moneybomb. It's success is very important to the revolution. If we all work together, we can get national attention on this one.

Please join me and the rest of the candidates. This is not a competition between RP candidates to see who makes more in funds. This is a collaborative effort to restore our Constitution.

brandon
06-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Are you organizing a moneybomb for 25 candidates on the same day?

Do you have a full time job? This is what Trevor does FULL TIME. A worker is worthy of his wages, and were he to take 0% it would not be legal for him to organize this event.

I don't see how he could do it full time. All he has to do is make an extremely simple webpage, and then send out emails to the list that he (unethically) has once in a while.

If the money bomb brings in $100,000 he gets $10,000. Do you really think doing what I mentioned above is worth $10,000? If so, go right ahead and donate.

David A. Gay, Sr.
06-27-2008, 06:59 AM
I don't see how he could do it full time. All he has to do is make an extremely simple webpage, and then send out emails to the list that he (unethically) has once in a while.

If the money bomb brings in $100,000 he gets $10,000. Do you really think doing what I mentioned above is worth $10,000? If so, go right ahead and donate.

Actually, there's quite a bit of promotion and preparation that's going into this. I'm not donating myself; I'm one of the candidates.

Like I said, when a promotions agency or a political firm does a fundraiser, they've been known to take more than half.

Trevor is providing a service to us at a very cost effective price.

Many of us are looking forward to the success of this event as crucial to the next steps in our campaigns.

I think we can all agree that these campaigns are important, and some measure of victory is crucial to our movement. Please support this moneybomb, we can't win this without a collaborative effort

brandon
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Actually, there's quite a bit of promotion and preparation that's going into this. I'm not donating myself; I'm one of the candidates.

Like I said, when a promotions agency or a political firm does a fundraiser, they've been known to take more than half.

Trevor is providing a service to us at a very cost effective price.

Many of us are looking forward to the success of this event as crucial to the next steps in our campaigns.

I think we can all agree that these campaigns are important, and some measure of victory is crucial to our movement. Please support this moneybomb, we can't win this without a collaborative effort

Good luck!

wtl
06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Folks -- This is BJ Lawson, Congressional candidate in North Carolina's 4th District.

I just got off the phone with David Gay (http://www.davidgay2008.com/), Congressional candidate in New York's 25th District. This was the first time I've spoken with David, and we had a great conversation about the momentum building in the movement and behind our campaigns. He also mentioned this thread to me and asked me to comment on the money bomb being planned for July 4th.

As I read through the thread, I just wanted to state my strong support for the July 4th money bomb, and give some context behind the June 29th money bomb being promoted for our campaign.

We have a network of grassroots supporters that has been planning a 6/29 donation event for some time now, and these folks rescheduled it from its original date on 7/4 upon hearing about the Trevor Lyman/Break the Matrix July 4th event as not to conflict with it.

Clearly, though, I am not the only one running. Dr. Paul, and the nation, could use a lot more liberty-minded help in Congress. That's why I am happy to support Trevor Lyman's July 4th money bomb, as well -- there are a number of candidates competing for attention and funding, and the more publicity we can provide for each other, the better.

The fact that Trevor Lyman/Break the Matrix (BtM) is charging a commission for funds raised is a fact of life in political fundraising. I applaud the work that BtM is doing to broaden the reach of the liberty message, and at some point there has to be a market value on its services.

In doing my own diligence prior to participating, l discovered that "old school" (direct mail and phone bank) contract fundraising organizers routinely charge >=20% for funds raised, so the 10% BtM commission is reasonable and appropriate.

I'd encourage folks to evaluate the work being done at BtM, and consider donations to campaigns on 7/4 as a chance to support both the candidates, as well as a fledgling organization working on a business model to bring liberty-oriented content to an audience starving for an honest discussion of the issues.

Remember, also -- it's not just money. It's also time. Actively volunteering for campaigns is critical so folks don't feel that they are fighting this battle alone. It's important that our country has a diversified portfolio of candidates this fall, and I'd encourage everyone in the grassroots to spread the word and do the necessary homework so we can maximize the number of credible campaigns this November.

I am grateful for everyone's support of our campaign, as are all the liberty candidates who have put themselves up for scrutiny.

In liberty,
BJ

amy31416
06-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your explanation of it BJ, and good to hear from a candidate that I've supported and will continue to support.

ronpaulhawaii
06-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Well, this is a nice note to end this thread via TS RQ

Thanks BJ :)