PDA

View Full Version : Football games-- carry signs and handouts

Rick Williams
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
It's football season! So big crowds; mainstream people; the kind of people we want to reach. Let's put together the Ron Paul "Football" teams. I'm starting one for the Washington State Cougars here in Spokane. We'll be going to the games two hours early carrying signs and handouts, and talking to the pregame crowd. Then during the game we'll put flyers on all the car windshields in the parking lots around the stadium. Let's get the nationwide Ron Paul "football" team up and running. Tune to ronpaulradio.com for the Rick Williams Show Mon-Fri at 8am pacific for contact and info. Let's go to the games! And spread the word bigtime!

bc2208
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I asked my school for permission to do this and they said no. My school is private though - I don't know if they could restrict a public campus.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Isn't this what I've been saying for the last week?
sign the pledge!

bc2208
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Sem did you get through?

austin356
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
How do I make this choice?

I want to go to the game, but I also want to give everyone a handout leaving the game, and also put fliers on their cars.

Alabama Football vs Ron Paul.............. damn that is like choosing between your wife and your daughter.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
How do I make this choice?

I want to go to the game, but I also want to give everyone a handout leaving the game, and also put fliers on their cars.

Alabama Football vs Ron Paul.............. damn that is like choosing between your wife and your daughter.

Choose Ron Paul. We only have ONE shot at this. There will be other games.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Sem did you get through?

No go. We'll have to choose a different school

bc2208
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
It's ok. I will make everyone aware. The game would have been convenient, but I needed to make sure so that you wouldn't come all the way out and get ejected. I will have 1,000 flyers, a few hundred bumper stickers, signs, a car littered with RP stuff, and a bucket of chalk.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
It's ok. I will make everyone aware. The game would have been convenient, but I needed to make sure so that you wouldn't come all the way out and get ejected. I will have 1,000 flyers, a few hundred bumper stickers, signs, a car littered with RP stuff, and a bucket of chalk.

What schools are out there besides BC that we could go to?

bc2208
08-27-2007, 01:19 PM
there are a ton of schools but not many with big draws like football games

Sematary
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
there are a ton of schools but not many with big draws like football games

Perhaps we could set up something at UCONN

bc2208
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd be interested in that. I'll see if I know anyone there.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd be interested in that. I'll see if I know anyone there.

Ok. I'm pretty sure that we could just walk in though - it's not a private school. Expensive, but not private.

Rick Williams
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
A private school can't restrict someone from wearing a Ron Paul shirt or carrying a Ron Paul sign-- particularly on streets and public walkways.

McDermit
08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm going to be handing out stuff at the PSU/ND game... it's the first time ND is playing here in over 15 years.

I'll have at least a dozen family members with me to help out during the pre-game, but no waaaaay are we sitting out the game to flyer cars! Sorry, RP!

Once I get my license we'll be able to hit up a ton more games though.. we'll have the Penn State, Eagles, and Flyers hockey games covered.

michaelwise
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I was wondering, You know how they do those birthday things and marriage proposal things at ball parks, and put them up on the big screen during the 7th inning stretch? What if someone did this, and got a big group of friends all around to wear Ron Paul t-shirts, and get it up on the big stadium screen. Sometimes these these things go out on national TV. It doesn't have to be a real proposal, just a staged one.

McDermit
08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I was wondering, You know how they do those birthday things and marriage proposal things at ball parks, and put them up on the big screen during the 7th inning stretch? What if someone did this, and got a big group of friends all around to wear Ron Paul t-shirts, and get it up on the big stadium screen. Sometimes these these things go out on national TV. It doesn't have to be a real proposal, just a staged one.

Haha, that would be hilarious. And imagine if word got out that it was a fake proposal to get RP's name up there. There would definitely be coverage, and I don't think it would really be negative.

There was just a guy who got turned down when he proposed at a game. Girl dumped popcorn on his head then stormed off. A bunch of stations nationwide were covering it as a human interest story.

michaelwise
08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Haha, that would be hilarious. And imagine if word got out that it was a fake proposal to get RP's name up there. There would definitely be coverage, and I don't think it would really be negative.

There was just a guy who got turned down when he proposed at a game. Girl dumped popcorn on his head then stormed off. A bunch of stations nationwide were covering it as a human interest story.
Any kind of national TV coverage at this point would be helpful. What does it cost for these marriage proposal things at ball parks, $150? I'll ask my brother. He has done corny things like this before. Heck, thats cheep for national publicity, even when you add in the price of the tickets. Can you imagine if this started happening in many major cities? Are there any good actors out there?