PDA

View Full Version : Why is RP not on the Cancer forum today?

RP4ME
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
As a dr. i would think he would have chosen to be there - did they block him or could he notgo?

Patriot
08-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I don't know what the cancer forum is, but Dr. Paul is an OB/GYN, so I don't know if he is an expert in cancer or not and also, he is probably too busy to deal with that forum.

fletcher
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Democrats today. Republicans tomorrow. Don't know if Ron will be there.

frasu
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
It will be bad to have Ron excluded or not showing up...

The today's democrat candidates had great exposure, lots of time, by themselves, no clock watch for answers, with Chris Matthews and Lance Armstrong... Dennis Kucinich got a lot of buzz because of the forum... I couldn't find the official lineup for tomorrow, or the once I found didn't list Ron Paul, but this will be a setback. I mean we fight getting Ron the exposure in our communities, but still, doesn't compare to meeting of this nature.

"If they don't want to show up and discuss the No. 1 killer in this country, voters will have to decide whether that's the right strategy," Armstrong said.

Wendi
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
What exactly can the President of the United States do about cancer?

McDermit
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
RP's stance on the deregulation of RX drugs and getting rid of the FDA would be one of the best things any president could do to help cancer patients. Get the government out of the way of those who want to help find a cure and/or reduce the suffering of those already affected.

Of course, some would argue that throwing federal funding at the problem will help things along. :rolleyes:

thuja
08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
ensuring our clean food supply by not having the NAIS and not promoting, but preventing GE plants and animals are ways to prevent cancer, as is not having such toxins in can liners as bisphenol A and phthalates. further, not promoting GE crops for biofuels is urgent.
Ron Paul is against NAIS and is in favor of protecting our right to have food supplements and information about them available to us. i am unaware of his feelings about GE, toxic chemicals and GE biofuels.

www.libertyark.net
www.healthfreedomusa.org

frasu
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
The most practical thing in this matter is to take advantage of nationally televised public debates, especially if you have strong opinions and solutions. It shows off the issues of the campaign, cancer being a major health issue in this country.

From an article in UsaToday: (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-08-23-cancer-politics_N.htm)

"Armstrong's Livestrong foundation is sponsoring "presidential cancer forums" Monday and Tuesday in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He said subjects will include the National Cancer Institute's "shrinking" budget and how to reduce annual cancer deaths (600,000) and diagnoses (1.3 million).
Cancer comes up frequently on the 2008 campaign trail. Before he quit the race this month, former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson pledged that as president, he'd find a cure for breast cancer. His wife, daughter and mother-in-law all had the disease."

I guess this strategy gets me confused a bit because showing up to a meeting like this gets you exposure and way more uninterrupted time to talk (from what I have seen today). Didn't we want to know who Ron Paul is?

thuja
08-27-2007, 03:47 PM
none of those will prevent or cure cancer

Omnis
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Lance Armstrong is basically looking for a huge government subsidy. Forcing taxpayers to pay for cancer R&D would be against Ron Paul's principles. I suppose he could've used the time to talk about the free market though.

Funny, though, when I first saw this topic I thought it was about Fred Thompson's message boards.

frasu
08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Damn, just Sam Brownback and Mike Huckabee from Republicans today...

Not started yet but already the RP-wanna-be, Huckabee, gets a lot of coverage about his issues...

I know, I should leave it alone...

Go Ron!