PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's coulda been running mate...

rajibo
06-26-2008, 12:37 AM
...if prostate cancer wasn't so damned horrible.....

Please take 21 minutes of your time and watch another genius school some fools:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

...and you might as well watch him be what he was most genius at while your at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4EzT7KHgEU

I wore my "Frank Zappa for President" shirt long after the man died. Looking back, Frank was probably the number 1 reason that I found myself leaning libertarian.

I hope the mods don't move this, since I may have never been a Ron Paul guy without this man, which in my opinion makes it very grassroots central......

Does anybody else know how they became libertarian in their thinking? I'd like to hear it.

sajorojas
06-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeah...

Ron Paul

kathy88
06-26-2008, 04:23 AM
I was cleaning out an old filing cabinet last week and found my first liberarian voter registration card from 1988. I had just graduated college, and our local politicians, both dem and rep were very crooked and there was a lot of shady local stuff going on, so I joined the Libs as a protest initially.

haigh
06-26-2008, 05:05 AM
That Zappa video is great. Zappa was brilliant and very sturdy in his beliefs.

I started on the path to libertarian by reading "We The Living"

acptulsa
06-26-2008, 07:00 AM
I don't think Zappa would have put up with the demands and general sleaziness of politics. Not that he shied away from sleaziness as a general rule, it's just that politics is a special kind of sleaziness and the hypocracy imbedded in it would have turned him off big time. He was nothing if not honest.

And, now that you mention it, he probably had a pretty good influence in my becoming a libertarian, too. Along with artificially low speed limits designed for revenue enhancement (led by Nixon's double nickel), a drug code that determined a plant was more dangerous than valium, Nixon's failed attempts to streamline government, and the Vietnam War.

I still consider Nixon, Haldeman, Kissinger and especially Erlichman and Colson to be neocons whether the term was invented yet or not.

The_Orlonater
06-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Good ol' Zappa. His music is awesome too, all these different time signatures, and cool lyrics.