PDA

View Full Version : Lingering Question Bothers Me, Can you help?

american.swan
06-25-2008, 07:51 PM
News this morning has Obama willing to spend money in Texas state races because the DEMS are 5 seats short in the Texas House and Senate. Obama wants to gain those seats and take back control of the Texas Legislature.

Is this just smoke and mirrors? We know the power AIPAC and other have over both political parties. So the lingering question that bothers me and I have never been able to get a clear answer to is, "What exactly are the differences between the parties behind close doors? Like behind the CFRs closed doors or Bilderbergs closed doors."

The differences, if any, must be complex. The powers-that-be want money and control. Are there competeing powers-that-be. Bush seems more in tune with the oil lobby than Clinton was/is. If Obama wins will the Oil companies get less attention?

Not knowing is eating me alive. So big oil isn't really in bed with the Bilderberg/CFR??

I read recently some dark part of the CIA is controlled by the Saudi's. Safari Club. Probably just rumors. Saudi Arabia isn't exactly Israel friendly are they? We know Bush's family have a lot of oil and Saudi connections. Are they lacking in Israeli connections? Clinton spent a ton of time with Israel and the PLO at camp David for example. Bush hasn't done that or even tried, right?

I imagine every power hungry, money loving politician has slightly different motives and goals once they get the power and money they desire. "we the people" could abstractly say we are power hungry too, but we have specific goals in mind for what to do with our power also.

I would love to hear some of your "speculation" as to who are the powers-that-be and are the powers-that-be competing or cooperating with each other with simi-unique goals?

yongrel
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Meet the Powers That Be:

http://blog.doctissimo.fr/php/blog/monenfance/images/gary-coleman.jpg

american.swan
06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
The powers that be in the "west" must be so jealous of China. Booming economy. Money flooding in. Central Bank control. And complete control over the political establishment. I can imagine this is the goal of the powers-that-be.

nate895
06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
The parties are social clubs that like to compete with each other to see who can win, even though they have the same ultimate goal. They are like NFL teams, they like to beat each other, but in the end they split the profits and everyone goes home happy.

american.swan
06-25-2008, 07:56 PM
The parties are social clubs that like to compete with each other to see who can win, even though they have the same ultimate goal. They are like NFL teams, they like to beat each other, but in the end they split the profits and everyone goes home happy.

I could go along with that. Lets for a moment assume this is right. So exactly when was the last time there was REAL differences between the parties?

asgardshill
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Meet the Powers That Be:

http://blog.doctissimo.fr/php/blog/monenfance/images/gary-coleman.jpg

What Jew talkin' 'bout, Willis?

hypnagogue
06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
"The Powers That Be" are in my opinion a fallacious attempt to coalesce various groups of perhaps related, but not connected forces, each working to their own ends, into one easy to vilify entity for the satisfaction of paranoids. Truth is I'm sure much more complicated.

WRellim
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Despite this, there remain two political parties. One is prompted to ask "why?" If each party is basically the same, with respect to ideology, why do they not merge into one party?

The answer to this question is best found in viewing each political party according to its true nature. American political parties are, for all intents and purposes, organized crime units.

American political parties have more in common with the Mafia than they have with their counterparts in more democratic societies.

Like Mafia, each political party competes for control of territory in order to maximize the benefit to their business constituency. Like Mafia, the political parties attempt to mold the system to maintain their positions and access to resources. Like Mafia, the political parties force the average citizen to pay "protection" under the threat of violence (taxes). Like Mafia each political party uses the "protection" money collected for its own advantage.Quote taken from: http://www.etresoi.ch/Denis/disorganisation.html

american.swan
06-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Quote taken from: http://www.etresoi.ch/Denis/disorganisation.html

Love that quote. Great. Awesome way to think about it.

One question - as a voter - shouldn't I know who these mobsters supporters are so I understand in which way these mobsters will use the resources they are extorting out of us. ( obviously I am on the side of RON PAUL )

WRellim
06-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Love that quote. Great. Awesome way to think about it.

One question - as a voter - shouldn't I know who these mobsters supporters are so I understand in which way these mobsters will use the resources they are extorting out of us. ( obviously I am on the side of RON PAUL )

Sure... it's called OpenSecrets.org (http://OpenSecrets.org)

But you can only "know" in the most general sense. Some of the mobsters supporters hedge their bets and "marry into" both sides of the family, sometimes they attend one side's family reunion... other times the other side's family reunion, etc.

Plus "The Family" is much larger than the mob, it has multiple chapters with hundreds of members in each and every state, so there's really too much to try to actually keep track of; best you can do is get a "general sense" of who has been "ascendant" in the recent past, and who is swapping sides now.