PDA

View Full Version : November 5th, CFL Money Bomb!

RCA
06-24-2008, 04:25 PM
What better way to spend election night than to shock the world by pouring tens of millions into the Campaign For Liberty!

Any thoughts?

brandon
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow this is perfect for two reasons.

Remember, remember, the day after the election!

I'm all for this. Great idea.

mport1
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
i like it

TXcarlosTX
06-24-2008, 05:06 PM
im in for $200!!!

i really just want to do another hold thread!!!! thats worth a $200 bomb from me!!!!
so someone set it up!!!! november 4th money bomb hold!! im ready :-)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/carlosbucbuc/hold.jpg

RCA
06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
On election night, I'll be so disgusted that I'd easily triple what I gave last November 5th!

Trevor can use the same domain (www.thisNovember5th.com), and he can use the same email list.

Just think of the headlines:

"Barrack Obama beat John McCain by a margin never before seen in American politics. Meaningwhile, Ron Paul supporters have already donated 10 million dollars to his Campaign for Liberty and it's only 9:00!"

ForLiberty-RonPaul
06-24-2008, 06:37 PM
we need all kinds of people at the voting locations handing out info too

james1844
06-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Don't forget, BJ Lawson is having a money bomb this SUNDAY!!!

http://www.lawsonlibertyfund.com/

Strictly grassroots, No commissions will be taken!

Jamsie 567
06-24-2008, 07:56 PM

MRoCkEd
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
awesome idea
reunion of our first moneybomb - which needs to be more than doubled
it will send a strong message that whoever the next president is, we don't care - the only campaign that matters is the Campaign For Liberty!
I'm in

SnappleLlama
06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Okay, let's do it! Who's setting up the Chip-In? Should it be set up now, or will that detract from all of the other moneybombs and fundraisers happening soon?

brandon
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I will do whatever I can to make this happen, but we have alot of work to do. I'm in for at least $300 if this takes off.

Back during the planning for nov 5 2007 we would have had 100 replies to this thread by now. Our network just isn't what it used to be.

We have plenty of time though. If enough people support this, it can happen. Ron Paul can directly promote this money bomb this time around since it won't violate FEC laws. With the CFL's mailing list, Trevor's mailing list, and a huge team of spammers (which we need to work on) we can make this happen. I'm guessing Nov 5th is too far in the future to generate enthusiasm now, but lets not forget about this.

brandon
06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Okay, let's do it! Who's setting up the Chip-In? Should it be set up now, or will that detract from all of the other moneybombs and fundraisers happening soon?

It wont use chip in. It will be direct donations to the CFL's website. If the idea takes off I'm sure they will add a live donation tracking widget for us.

SnappleLlama
06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
It wont use chip in. It will be direct donations to the CFL's website. If the idea takes off I'm sure they will add a live donation tracking widget for us.

Got it! I'm definitely in! :)

Jamsie 567
06-24-2008, 08:16 PM

MRoCkEd
06-24-2008, 08:22 PM
so let's get "this november 5th" up and running ;)

brandon
06-24-2008, 08:24 PM
so let's get "this november 5th" up and running ;)

I am emailing trevor about the domain name now.

MRoCkEd
06-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I am emailing trevor now about the domain name.
great, thanks

Conza88
06-24-2008, 08:30 PM
we need all kinds of people at the voting locations handing out info too

Yes!!! Yes!!!! Nothing stops between now and 2012.. people have to become walking billboards.:cool:

mport1
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Will the official campaign be able to legally inform everybody about this? It doesn't just have to be all us. They will have the emails of over 100,000 people and could urge them to donate and make history again.

Oh, and everybody start saving up now. If we can get behind this we have a ton of time to make this a great success.

brandon
06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Will the official campaign be able to legally inform everybody about this? It doesn't just have to be all us. They will have the emails of over 100,000 people and could urge them to donate and make history again.

Oh, and everybody start saving up now. If we can get behind this we have a ton of time to make this a great success.

Yes, because the official campaign will no longer be an official campaign. The legal status of the CFL hasn't really been clarified yet, but I see no reason they couldn't help coordinate this.

And yes, start saving up!

RCA
06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I work with print graphics everyday, but no web, at least not at this point in my career. So, this would have to be another Trevor, et al website creation. I will of course help promote this money bomb locally through my Meetup group, etc.

Another MAJOR difference between this money bomb and the previous ones is that there are no FEC limits!!!

I say we kick off the promotion on JULY 4TH. We should shoot to have at least the basic website up by then and we can fine tune the promotions as we go.

Also, we have The Manifesto on our side this time. Maybe we could somehow cross-promote the book with the money bomb.

brandon
06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
July 4th sounds like a great time to kick off the promotions effort, assuming we have the website set up by then.

We can get business cards or flyers printed to hand out at the DC march if the site is ready in time. And we will definitly be able to promote at the RNC rally.

If you think this is a good idea, post in the thread to let us know. It seems like alot of people are ignoring this thread. Or maybe there just aren't that many people left on RPF

Roxi
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
also just as a precaution we should verify the CFL site owner, and exactly where the money will go.... and possibly get some input from Dr. Paul

brandon
06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
also just as a precaution we should verify the CFL site owner, and exactly where the money will go.... and possibly get some input from Dr. Paul

True. The CFL has to prove themselves worthy for this to work. If they invest the money and use it to fund grassroots support for future RP approved candidates, then I don't think anyone will have a problem donating on the 5th.

RCA
06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Unofficial promotion begins NOW!

Official promotion will start on July 4th!

Imagine the t-shirt, bumper sticker, button possibilities!

It would be nice to have an official logo to show off at the march and the rally via thousands of people wearing CFL money bomb clothing.

Campaign For Liberty Contact Info:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/contact/

Roxi
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
found this on whois

WHOIS information for: campaignforliberty.com:

[whois.godaddy.com]
The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CAMPAIGNFORLIBERTY.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.RACKSPACE.COM
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

See Business Registration Listing
Copy and paste the link below to view additional details:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=CAMPAIGNFORLIBERTY.COM

and Proxy Inc, is for private registration

http://domainsbyproxy.com/

Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone -
anywhere, anytime - can find out your name, home address, phone
number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every
domain you register be made public in the "WHOIS" database. Your
identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers,
scammers, prying eyes and worse.

But now there's a solution: Domains By Proxy®!

DirtMcGirt
06-24-2008, 09:21 PM
I like the idea, a little Nov 5th tradition!!!

qwerty
06-24-2008, 10:53 PM
we need a website!

brandon
06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Well, as of now Trevor won't allow us to use his domain name. I don't know why. He said "It is too early for him to decide what he is going to do." Frankly, I don't care what he does, I just wanted him to confirm that we could use the domain name, since it is not being used for anything else at the moment.

It is obvious that if a Nov 5th 2008 money bomb takes off, Trevor wants to be at the top of it. He won't have anyone else using the domain and getting credit.

So we can either wait for Trevor to decide he wants to do this, or we can use a different domain name. Either way, we still have plenty of time to figure this out.

qwerty
06-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Well, as of now Trevor won't allow us to use his domain name. I don't know why. He said "It is too early for him to decide what he is going to do." Frankly, I don't care what he does, I just wanted him to confirm that we could use the domain name, since it is not being used for anything else at the moment.

It is obvious that if a Nov 5th 2008 money bomb takes off, Trevor wants to be at the top of it. He won't have anyone else using the domain and getting credit.

So we can either wait for Trevor to decide he wants to do this, or we can use a different domain name. Either way, we still have plenty of time to figure this out.

Let´s have another domain, the sooner we get thing rolling the better!

We shouldn´t wait one individual now...

szczebrzeszyn
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CAMPAIGNFORLIBERTY.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.RACKSPACE.COM
NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

I pointed this out soon after they launched the site - why not use a real name and organization address to register the official domain names? I'm not suggesting anything of course, but hiding behind proxy registrant is a pretty strange decision (given the transparency track record of the official campain intertnet activities).

szczebrzeszyn
06-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Well, as of now Trevor won't allow us to use his domain name. I don't know why. He said "It is too early for him to decide what he is going to do."

Conflict of interest maybe? You would like him to do this as in the old days (or at least to give you/others a domain name to use), but his company is already doing this for profit (http://freedomslate08.com/). Maybe he & btm have already planned to organize the same event for CFL (just guessing).

JKap
06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
What better way to spend election night than to shock the world by pouring tens of millions into the Campaign For Liberty!

Any thoughts?

I just think we should have one SOONER, MUCH SOONER. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144249)

LJHudd
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm in too - will put some $ into savings so I can double what I gave last year.

Would be nice to get a nod from Dr. Paul about it - can't see why he'd be against it though. It's a great idea!

I like Trevor and glad he did what he did last year, but is he going to control and run this thing every time?

UtahApocalypse
06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
This sounds like a awesome plan. Imagine what we can do with 5 months of planning and spreading the idea! As to the web domain, if Trevor feels he needs to hold the main one hostage lets get a new one:

www.RememberNov5th.com
www.FreedomInNov.com
www.LibertyInNov.com
www.TheOtherVote.com

Im sure we can come up with others. We can find a fitting theme and start running with it getting graphics, website, videos, and other things all together.

Carole
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
I really like this idea and fully support it and will contribute ( if economy collapse allows) . :D

Question please?

I was wondering about the Convention. If we have just a one day rally in Minnesota, is there possibly a way we could also have a fundraising event that builds through the days of the Republican Convention and climaxes on the final night? Something that makes some impact and is newsworthy?

Something that would get us some attention like this Nov 5 idea?

ShowMeLiberty
06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I haven't posted in a long time but this thread is worth breaking silence. What a fantastic idea! An annual November 5th money bomb - I love it!

Agree that a new domain name should be chosen. A quick search shows these available:
november52008.com
november5th2008.com
rememberremember-5thofnovember.com

I'd also like to request that the pledging process not include getting on a mailing list by default. Use email addresses for verification, sure. But I'd rather have a choice as to whether I want to be on a mailing list or not.

Again - great idea! Thanks OP!

jake
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
www.remembernovember5th.com

CUnknown
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm in.

tpreitzel
06-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I'll participate in the fun, too. I'll vote my conscience based on constitutional principles and help remind the people of those principles by donating to the CFL after they've foolishly voted for the "lesser" of two evils.

MRoCkEd
06-25-2008, 03:12 PM

hmm.. www.thisnovember5th.com is the best url we have until someone can think of something else that is catchy
november5thsite.com or something will not cut it

brandon
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I registered www.november5th2008.com. We can use this is as the domain name for now. If anyone has a better idea for a name go ahead and register it. If Trevor decides to get on board with this later we can just set up www.thisnovember5th.com to forward to the other site, or vice versa.

Anyway, there is no reason to start promoting this outside of the forum yet. We have time to figure this all out.

RCA
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
www.november5thforliberty.com

or

www.forlibertynovember5th.com

They're both available.

MRoCkEd
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
www.november5thforliberty.com

It's available.
too long

RCA
06-25-2008, 06:10 PM

I like this one too. It can also be used year after year!

I wish I had a bumper sticker and a couple of shirts right about now promoting this.

qwerty
06-26-2008, 12:34 AM
bump!

:cool:

Jamsie 567
06-26-2008, 01:21 AM

szczebrzeszyn
06-26-2008, 02:45 AM
too long

+1

qwerty
06-26-2008, 03:40 AM

I like this one!

or just http://www.november5th.com/

american.swan
06-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Just think of the headlines ONLINE ONLY:

"Barrack Obama is leading John McCain by a margin never before seen in American politics. Meaningwhile, Ron Paul supporters have already donated 10 million dollars to his Campaign for Liberty and it's only 9:00!"

I fixed your headline knowing what the mainstream propoganda networks.

american.swan
06-26-2008, 03:49 AM
The best thing about this idea is that there is SO MUCH time to get ready for it.

CGeoffrion
06-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Honestly, this is great and all get idea rolling but lets not worry about a chip in or a website or promotion yet. We have two events to promote for first, the march on washington in a few weeks, the the convention rally. Having just a basic "Remember remember the 5th of november...08" splash image or something on the old domain so we can mention it and promote it at the march and convention.

We can really get this rolling after the march.

brandon
06-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Honestly, this is great and all get idea rolling but lets not worry about a chip in or a website or promotion yet. We have two events to promote for first, the march on washington in a few weeks, the the convention rally. Having just a basic "Remember remember the 5th of november...08" splash image or something on the old domain so we can mention it and promote it at the march and convention.

We can really get this rolling after the march.

I was thinking the same thing. I am going to put a countdown on the website. I'm thinking it will count down to September 2 (day of the RNC rally). On the 2nd the website will go live and we can start digging, stumbling, and promoting. This way nov 5th wont distract from other donation worthy efforts in the meantime.

How does this sound?

brandon
06-26-2008, 06:47 AM
http://www.november5th.com/

That would be a good name, too bad it costs $10,000

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=november5th&tld=com

qwerty
06-26-2008, 06:49 AM

That´s little bit too much! ;)

You will create the web-site and videos ?

:)

Carole
06-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Regarding the convention rally, is it feasible to have a conventionl-ong donation event along with this rally? Something that climaxes on last day of convention?

I would like to see us contributing to CFL during that time. Maybe it would attract some publicity.

TXcarlosTX
06-26-2008, 07:25 AM
im ready to buy my shirt for this !!!

someone hurry and get this going!!

mport1
06-26-2008, 07:55 AM

Why not just use the same domain name as last time?

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Why not just use the same domain name as last time?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1533548&postcount=29

RCA
06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
The best that I've seen so far is:

brandon
06-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Well it looks like we will NOT be using www.thisnovember5th.com at all. Trevor is taking a 10% cut of his latest moneybombs.
See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1535539&postcount=1

But that's OK. We will just do this without him.

So again, I have www.november5th2008.com registered already. If their is a consensus on using www.remembernovember5th.com instead, then we can use that.

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 10:53 AM
i also like remembernovember5th.com
although it is taken, and for sale by
business@wanfuchina.com

UtahApocalypse
06-26-2008, 11:18 AM
First rule of any money bomb that this group plans out......

100% of the funds are to go DIRECTLY to CFL, no Money will be skinned off the top. WE all work on this as Volunteers, supporting a cause we feel is worth our FREE time and efforts.

ronpaulhawaii
06-26-2008, 11:35 AM
TheMorningAfterBomb.com ?

We may have lost the battle, but we're still in this war...

MRoCkEd
06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
First rule of any money bomb that this group plans out......

100% of the funds are to go DIRECTLY to CFL, no Money will be skinned off the top. WE all work on this as Volunteers, supporting a cause we feel is worth our FREE time and efforts.
True, true.
I think brandon should be the site owner.

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
themorningafterbomb sounds like a website promoting birth control pills...LOL!

mport1
06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Once the official thing is up and running, we should get the official Campaign for Liberty to promote the money bomb. Imagine how much more successful it will be with hundreds of thousands (hopefully) of people getting the message.

NightOwl
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
One way to bill this would be: on election night, here's something you can actually be excited about.

mport1
06-26-2008, 01:43 PM
The drawback of this however will be that it will get zero news coverage because of the election.

NightOwl
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM
The drawback of this however will be that it will get zero news coverage because of the election.

The C4L needs to issue press releases every week from Sept. 2 to November. That will help.

newyearsrevolution08
06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
The domain is IRRELEVANT, it could be anything we want AND getting "Cuts" from the money bombs? fuck that....

This is the stuff that bothers me because that is who is IN the cfl now....

Put it on any domain. I do however want to make sure NO ONE is getting a cut of the donations. How sick is that...... I wonder if trevor was part of the "web fees" that always seemed so high.

Well it looks like we will NOT be using www.thisnovember5th.com at all. Trevor is taking a 10% cut of his latest moneybombs.
See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1535539&postcount=1

But that's OK. We will just do this without him.

So again, I have www.november5th2008.com registered already. If their is a consensus on using www.remembernovember5th.com instead, then we can use that.

brandon
06-26-2008, 01:59 PM

You might be right, but I was kind of seeing it from this angle:

McCain is going to suffer a crushing defeat. Republicans are going to lose more house seats and maybe some senate seats. The media is going to have to do some sort of analysis like "Why the hell do the republicans suck so much?" A combination of a huge money bomb and a few of our candidates getting elected as republicans (Lawson?) will hopefully get them to mention that if the republicans stuck to their platform and promoted liberty&peace they would have done better.

mport1
06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
You might be right, but I was kind of seeing it from this angle:

McCain is going to suffer a crushing defeat. Republicans are going to lose more house seats and maybe some senate seats. The media is going to have to do some sort of analysis like "Why the hell do the republicans suck so much?" A combination of a huge money bomb and a few of our candidates getting elected as republicans (Lawson?) will hopefully get them to mention that if the republicans stuck to their platform and promoted liberty&peace they would have done better.

We've seen how the media has treated us, so I don't think that would be likely.

TXcarlosTX
06-27-2008, 06:08 AM
friday bump!!!

RCA
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
blump

SwordOfShannarah
06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm happy to use ThisNovember5th.com for a CFL money bomb. I was in talks about a money bomb for CFL when Brandon first asked and I wanted to see how that worked first.

To understand why there was a fee for FreedomSlate08.com please see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144696

There will be no cut for http://BreakTheMatrix.com for the CFL November 5th money bomb.. they are a non-profit so we can legally do it without cost.

What do you guys think about expanding the idea? Having a rally in D.C.? Or a concert somewhere? something else?

Jamsie 567
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM

MRoCkEd
06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm happy to use ThisNovember5th.com for a CFL money bomb. I was in talks about a money bomb for CFL when Brandon first asked and I wanted to see how that worked first.

To understand why there was a fee for FreedomSlate08.com please see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144696

There will be no cut for http://BreakTheMatrix.com for the CFL November 5th money bomb.. they are a non-profit so we can legally do it without cost.

What do you guys think about expanding the idea? Having a rally in D.C.? Or a concert somewhere? something else?
thanks, this is good news

Tarzan
06-27-2008, 11:29 PM

Having a single event on November 5th could be problematic. The general election is on November 4th and people need to be home to vote. The 5th also falls on a Wednesday in the midst of the work week with schools in session. Traveling to a single event location may be difficult or impossible for some or many. Absentee or early voting could help some... or, disparate, regional events might be a solution.

Logistically, it is a difficult date... maybe an online event?

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Great idea.

TXcarlosTX
06-28-2008, 01:54 AM
im going to bump cause im drunk and cause i really want to have a hold and bombs away thread!!!

so make this shit happen!!!

RCA
06-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I just released the test version of the video. I am open for suggestions if anyone wants to comment. I think the combined rally is a great idea HELL YEA! I will fine tune the video early next it would be cool to get some feed back.

Trevor your awesome that is amazing news to here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT61QNTNBo0

Peace,

Love the video!

RCA
06-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Having a single event on November 5th could be problematic. The general election is on November 4th and people need to be home to vote. The 5th also falls on a Wednesday in the midst of the work week with schools in session. Traveling to a single event location may be difficult or impossible for some or many. Absentee or early voting could help some... or, disparate, regional events might be a solution.

Logistically, it is a difficult date... maybe an online event?

I concur. There should be no other event the day of the money bomb. We just need to cross-promote at the march and rally.

RCA
06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
So, are we going to kick off the official promotion of this on July 4th? In other words, will we have a working website by then, logo ready for t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc? I think the earlier we start pushing this the better.

Mod: Can you make this thread a sticky and/or a sub-forum?

brandon
06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
I was gone for the weekend, and I just got back in. I would like to see the promotions effort kick off on Septmeber 2nd. I think we should put a countdown clock on the website which counts down until the 2nd.

The 2nd is a good idea for several reasons. It wont distract from other donation worthy causes in the meantime. The 2nd is the day of the RNC rally. And the CFL will also be greatly expanding their site most likely on the 2nd. If we start our promotions then, we still have two months to get the word out which will be ample time.

I also think we should have two options to pledge this time. There should be a pledge by email like usual, but also a pledge by IP address. Alot of people dont like giving out their emails and I have seen a ton of comlpaining about this.

MRoCkEd
06-29-2008, 04:59 PM
I was gone for the weekend, and I just got back in. I would like to see the promotions effort kick off on Septmeber 2nd. I think we should put a countdown clock on the website which counts down until the 2nd.

The 2nd is a good idea for several reasons. It wont distract from other donation worthy causes in the meantime. The 2nd is the day of the RNC rally. And the CFL will also be greatly expanding their site most likely on the 2nd. If we start our promotions then, we still have two months to get the word out which will be ample time.

I also think we should have two options to pledge this time. There should be a pledge by email like usual, but also a pledge by IP address. Alot of people dont like giving out their emails and I have seen a ton of comlpaining about this.
If you noticed, Trevor seems willing to let us use the URL.

And for your pledge idea, I agree.
How about a button similar to the *DIGG* button, that allows you to increase the pledge number (obviously not decrease it) - but that somehow tracks IP address so you can only do it once?

DeadtoSin
06-29-2008, 05:01 PM
There aren't many times were I'd do a money bomb any more, but I'd probably do this one.

Jamsie 567
06-29-2008, 06:53 PM

RCA
06-29-2008, 07:28 PM
There is no doubt that we should start immediately.

Godspeed.

LittleFrog
06-29-2008, 09:00 PM
This is awesome! Great idea to use ThisNovember5th and hopefully we can do something even bigger than last year.

I'm not a big forum-poster, but I had a few thoughts I wanted to throw out...

IMHO, the campaign maybe hasn't made the most effective decisions in the past. I'm hopeful they got a new crew over there to run the CFL.... BUT... it was OUR ideas and collective efforts that got what little media coverage we got (which is pretty important in building our support base), along with the crazy fundraising success we had. The campaign managed to muddle through, but the most successful projects have come from these forums and the grassroots.

That said, does anyone think it's worth brainstorming other ideas before we commit to dumping lots of money into an entity that may or may not be operating effectively by November?

I continue to see brilliant ideas coming out of the grassroots - I'm just saying maybe we could come up with a couple of new ideas that would 100% support CFL and their/our mission, but still be effective regardless of the status of the CFL on Nov. 5th. Or maybe we could give people some options for a couple of different projects in addition to the CFL that they could donate to on the big day?

I'm really excited about the CFL's potential, and I hope they do exactly what they are trying to do. Just also saying that we're putting a lot of faith in an entity that hasn't yet demonstrated that they can put our money to it's best use, and in fact, have in the past made some questionable decisions with questionable results (from an effectiveness perspective).

Regardless of what ends up happening, you have my full support and I can't wait to help spread the word!

kombayn
06-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I love the idea. What a way to show protest to the 2-party candidates. I will be on this money bomb for sure. Plenty of time to save a nice pledge up.

qwerty
06-30-2008, 02:40 AM
WE NEED A WEBSITE NOW!

BLuegreengrey
06-30-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't care where the money goes, but a demonstration is called for.

BuckOFive
06-30-2008, 12:30 PM
This is awesome! Great idea to use ThisNovember5th and hopefully we can do something even bigger than last year.

I'm not a big forum-poster, but I had a few thoughts I wanted to throw out...

IMHO, the campaign maybe hasn't made the most effective decisions in the past. I'm hopeful they got a new crew over there to run the CFL.... BUT... it was OUR ideas and collective efforts that got what little media coverage we got (which is pretty important in building our support base), along with the crazy fundraising success we had. The campaign managed to muddle through, but the most successful projects have come from these forums and the grassroots.

That said, does anyone think it's worth brainstorming other ideas before we commit to dumping lots of money into an entity that may or may not be operating effectively by November?

Well I have to agree that a lot of people were very upset with how the RP campaign spent the money. Pretty terrible ads over all- definitely not great ads. I remember how mad everyone was they wouldn't do a recount in NH, plus they have almost $5 million dollars left over. Maybe it's better to play a "let's wait and see" approach with them.

I like your suggestion about having other things to donate to on that day. Maybe we should make it a CLUSTER BOMB! :D

ok.. time to think of some projects that are out there that are good and could use some help!!

SwordOfShannarah
06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
WE NEED A WEBSITE NOW!

YIKES! We're working on it now. Give us a few days. :p

SnappleLlama
06-30-2008, 01:29 PM

ROFL!! Thanks for doing this!

brandon
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Well I have to agree that a lot of people were very upset with how the RP campaign spent the money. Pretty terrible ads over all- definitely not great ads. I remember how mad everyone was they wouldn't do a recount in NH, plus they have almost $5 million dollars left over. Maybe it's better to play a "let's wait and see" approach with them.

I like your suggestion about having other things to donate to on that day. Maybe we should make it a CLUSTER BOMB! :D

ok.. time to think of some projects that are out there that are good and could use some help!!

On Nov 5th there will be no campaigns left to run. We know any organization headed by Paul will be very thrifty and save the money for when it is needed. If we give it to other organizations they may blow the money before a good opportunity arrives.

Of course, people can donate to whatever they want. Do you have any other projects in mind that are worth donating to on the 5th?

MRoCkEd
06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Glad to hear it.

On Nov 5th there will be no campaigns left to run. We know any organization headed by Paul will be very thrifty and save the money for when it is needed. If we give it to other organizations they may blow the money before a good opportunity arrives.
agreed

qwerty
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Nice, be sure to inform me the address that i can start storming the internet with that address!

;)

MRoCkEd
06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice, be sure to inform me the address that i can start storming the internet with that address!

;)
shouldn't it be www.thisnovember5th.com

SwordOfShannarah
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
shouldn't it be www.thisnovember5th.com

Yes, absolutely! He is just saying let him know when it's ready for the next event so he can start talking about it.

mmink15
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=brandonyates;1532841]Back during the planning for nov 5 2007 we would have had 100 replies to this thread by now. Our network just isn't what it used to be.
QUOTE]

I hear that. I tossed this idea out a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't noticed.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142803

I'm glad people are thinking this is a good idea. It doesn't only send a message to the people, but to the winner of the election as well.
We will not go quietly into the night! We will stay in the light and fight for liberty and freedom.

kombayn
06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
It's going to be a good sequel to the original money-bomb

qwerty
06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes, absolutely! He is just saying let him know when it's ready for the next event so he can start talking about it.

That´s right!

Awesome work brothers!

voytechs
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I think this is perfect!

MRoCkEd
09-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I really think someone (Trevor, if he is onboard with us using the original nov 5th site) should get the site ready and release it right when the new, fully functional C4L site launches.

thehighwaymanq
09-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I love it!

BUMP!

gilliganscorner
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I like it. Even us foreigners (Canadian) can donate to this, right? Damn entangling foreign alliances...:D

brandon
09-04-2008, 10:56 AM
They (C4L) are revealing the new precinct leader program October first. I saw a preview of it at the leadership summit. It looks really cool. Hands down, working this program is going to be the most efficient way to restore our republic.

It's going to cost $35 to sign up to the precinct leader program. Perhaps a membership bomb would be more effective. I know alot of people (myself included) are hesitant to donate to a national organization when the most important work has to be done on the local level. The $35 membership into the precinct program will provide us will all kinds of good tools to use on the local level.

So should we have a precinct leader bomb instead?

gilliganscorner
09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
They (C4L) are revealing the new precinct leader program October first. I saw a preview of it at the leadership summit. It looks really cool. Hands down, working this program is going to be the most efficient way to restore our republic.

It's going to cost $35 to sign up to the precinct leader program. Perhaps a membership bomb would be more effective. I know alot of people (myself included) are hesitant to donate to a national organization when the most important work has to be done on the local level. The $35 membership into the precinct program will provide us will all kinds of good tools to use on the local level.

So should we have a precinct leader bomb instead?

Can we not have both? Just like on ronpaul2008.com, when they had the funky Flash counter thingy w/ the precinct leader counts?

jrskblx125
09-04-2008, 11:33 AM
so lets think about this.... we have > 96000 members as of right now... multiple emails sent out about a money bomb on november 5th would reach an insane number of people... and if each person gives a mear 10 dollars youre looking at 10 mil easy... thats proving a point to say the least... NIKE shit... JUST DO IT!

MRoCkEd
09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
so lets think about this.... we have > 96000 members as of right now... multiple emails sent out about a money bomb on november 5th would reach an insane number of people... and if each person gives a mear 10 dollars youre looking at 10 mil easy... thats proving a point to say the least... NIKE shit... JUST DO IT!
They have several hundreds of thousands on their mailings lists when you include the presidential and also congressional. They should heavily promote a good designed website.. preferably www.thisnovember5th.com

voytechs
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
I think you're all on the right track :)

MRoCkEd
09-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I just got an email from BreakTheMatrix (Trevor Lyman)
It said this at the bottom:

And one more thing... Don't put your party shoes away just yet! We have something BIG in the works for November 5th... You're going to love it, so stay tuned.

RCA
09-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I just got an email from BreakTheMatrix (Trevor Lyman)
It said this at the bottom:

Sweet, I'm glad to see some movement with this idea!

Part of me wonders HOW MUCH can we raise considering we don't have campaign finance restrictions and no international restrictions either.

Misesian
09-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, I started a thread on this months ago. I'm in for $100 again on November 5th and on Tea Party Day.

Don't rely on Trevor Lyman to do this, it was somebody elses idea originally anyways. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!! The C4L needs money too so why can't we get them a few million this day too?!?!?!?!?!

BCR_9er
09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Let's do it! CFL, here comes $10 million!!!

Is this official yet? So I can start telling people?

tpreitzel
09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I'll play with "real" FRNs on the 5th of November! ;) The CFL is simply one vehicle out of many to keep the fire of liberty burning in the hearts and minds of the people. Vote 3rd party, let the Twiddle brothers stab one another over an ever shrinking part of the pie, and donate to the CFL to send another message to the establishment that we're sick of their preselected candidates.

FSP-Rebel
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Let's do it! CFL, here comes $10 million!!!

Is this official yet? So I can start telling people?
^This

thehighwaymanq
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Attention all:

V for Vendetta is on tonight- channel FX 7 PM Eastern

Misesian
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
blimp! If anyone wants to join me in a Mise$bomb I'm going to make a contribution to the Ludwig Von Mises Institute on September 29th in honor of the birthday of history's greatest economist!

dr. hfn
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Sign me up!!! We need the C4L's support so they can tell everyone who signed up!! Lets make this the biggest money bomb yet!!!

WE WILL SEND SHOCKWAVES THRU THE POLITICAL SYSTEM!!

LIBERTY WILL RING IN AMERICA!!!!- JOHN ADAMS

Knightskye
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm in, but it has to be on November 5th.

Bonus points if we can get Ron Paul to wear a V mask.

Misesian
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
So what's the deal with this? Is Trevor going to update the www.thisnovember5th.com website???

What about GhoeberX?! Where is this guy? We need a GhoeberX YouTube for it! Haven't had a successful moneybomb since he last created a YouTube to promote it.

MRoCkEd
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM
So what's the deal with this? Is Trevor going to update the www.thisnovember5th.com website???

What about GhoeberX?! Where is this guy? We need a GhoeberX YouTube for it! Haven't had a successful moneybomb since he last created a YouTube to promote it.
In a btm update they said they have "big plans" for nov. 5th... so we'll see

parke
09-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Thats a great idea..

UnReconstructed
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
It'd be nice to have a thermometer on the CFL website to see how much money was donated.

mannycp
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm Ready for a November 5th money bomb, it would be perfect, BUT this needs to start as soon as possible!!!! TREVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

scandinaviany3
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
given pauls request to have people support the 3rd parties its best we plan something very soon in sept/october rather than after the election.

In case the have something up there sleeve and arent telling us as of yet

Tyler

jlaker
09-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I hope we can promote this with some awesome youtube video's. I know there are some people who have great talent for this.

JenH88
09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
We need to get cracking on this.. like, NOW.

Pauls' Revere
09-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Yep, I'm in. Great idea!

TER
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm in for a sizeable amount.
To liberty!

DRV45N05
09-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Guys,

The CFL will be fine. They'll have lots of high dollar donors who are dedicated to this cause, and they've got a nice piece of liquidity at their base.

The people who need donations NOW are candidates running for office. Please put more work into getting money to people like B.J. Lawson than on setting up a CFL money bomb.

TER
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Guys,

The CFL will be fine. They'll have lots of high dollar donors who are dedicated to this cause, and they've got a nice piece of liquidity at their base.

The people who need donations NOW are candidates running for office. Please put more work into getting money to people like B.J. Lawson than on setting up a CFL money bomb.

Divide the amount you can give, and give each equally!

enjoiskaterguy
09-15-2008, 03:43 AM
I hope this gets e-mailed to every Meetup group and Ron Paul's MySpace friends list. I hope this makes history again. 7+ million?....maybe!

Rhys
09-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Guys, I hate to say it but this wont happen. If you think about why, then you'll realize, you're trying to bring back a dead meme. The only people who will participate will be those who are very dedicated. The rest will be both confused and uninterested. Ron Paul isn't V anymore... that was soooo last year. He's "cool" now.

The other reason is, inaction. You're all waiting for someone to do it for you. That's not how the money bombs spread.

Also, the story in the news will be, "the anniversary of Dr. Paul's money bomb, those dedicated internet supporters who donated are set to donate again in celebration." That line doesn't bring in new people. It creates a frat atmosphere (like the whole idea does) and "outsiders" will be turned off.

tonesforjonesbones
09-15-2008, 08:31 AM
No more money bombs for me. The idea is passe. Too many people tried to cash in on the idea. Tones

tonesforjonesbones
09-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I know ya'll are trying to recreate the excitement that was felt with that first money bomb..Remember Remember the 5th of November. I understand that. That time has gone by. I'm not trying to be a naysayer..and I really hope the liberty movement continues. That is why I am still on this forum. I would just like more realistic goals that could be handled on the local level. You know, getting information to people locally rather than working on the national level. What will the money bomb funds go for? When it was for Ron Paul 's political campaign...that was reasonable. C4L is not a political campaign though. Why don't you form groups of like minded people in your cities and neighborhoods and create fundraises for your group..so you can get materials to hand out to people at local events, such as fairs, flea markets that sort of thing. If everyone was doing this...talking to your neighbors...the Liberty idea would spread like wildfire. I was able to get 200 Pocket Constitutions from the Heritage Foundation to pass out to people locally. You can sponsor a "movie night" and open it to the public and show films like Freedom to Fascism, Endgame, etc etc...you can put that information out in the newspaper and make fliers. I also do that in my town. It's easy enough to find good information on the Federal reserve and other issues that are important for people to know..print it out and go make copies for cheap at Office Depot...and go hand them out everywhere. Keep your money on the local level ...so you can work LOCALLY to spread the message! TONES

ItsTime
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Will Trevor be taking a cut? If so count me out. I know a lot of people feel the same way. Im not going to line this persons pockets

Flash
09-18-2008, 06:13 PM
How about a donation to Bj Lawson?

nbruno322
09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I will always remember November 5th, 2007

thehighwaymanq
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
How about a donation to Bj Lawson?

That money-bomb was yesterday.

thehighwaymanq
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I will always remember November 5th, 2007

And I hope something happens so you will always remember November 5th, 2008.

QueenB4Liberty
09-18-2008, 11:17 PM
ohh this is a great idea! :D