PDA

View Full Version : !!! Good News in South Carolina --- URGENT Action Needed !!!

JiMMy_247
06-24-2008, 03:25 PM
This is just a last minute reminder that we have a run-off today for a Congressional Nominee. I just got back from the polls and I was only the 10th person to vote all day! This one is ours for the taking; no one is paying attention!

We have a Ron Paul supporter running for the house and he made it to the run-off. So if you or anyone you know is in upstate SC and did not vote in the Republican Primary for a congressional nominees is eligible to vote today.

We already have one Paulite nominated here and this one could be our second; don’t let this one slip away!

Ted Christian is his name, get out and vote; we only have until 7 pm!

http://www.christianforcongress.com/

pauletteNV
06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks Jimmy....and thanks for doing something positive for the campaign.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in SoCarolina....but please keep us posted.
Maybe a little message posted on the SoCarolina MeetUp boards would help?

Go Ted Christian!

Paul Revered
06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Good news!

BUMP THIS THREAD!

Razmear
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
If I voted in the Republican primary, can I vote in a Dem runoff?

eb

edit: re-read the OP, looks like I can't help out on this one.

JiMMy_247
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
If I voted in the Republican primary, can I vote in a Dem runoff?

eb

edit: re-read the OP, looks like I can't help out on this one.

yeah that is the unfortunate twist in the story. It seems most of the Paulites voted in the Republican primary for obvious reasons; so this will be by the skin of our teeth if we pull it off.

If there is anybody that agreed completely with Ron Paul but was too stubborn to vote for him, just because he was a Republican, now is the time to get those people to vote. The Democratic Party is MUCH more vulnerable in SC than the Republican party, so this is totally doable.

Razmear
06-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I posted the OP to the local RP Meetup group, so maybe a few more votes will trickle in as a result.
Because all the Anderson County Council races are decided in the republican primary, I really have no choice other than to vote in it, or I have no say over the local government.

eb

SnappleLlama
06-24-2008, 04:20 PM
bump for liberty!

Razmear
06-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Results:

Paul Corden 5,307 68%
Ted Christian 2,474 32%
Precincts Reporting - 267 out of 272 - 98%

CoreyBowen999
06-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Ted.. got owned

JiMMy_247
06-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Ted.. got owned

Well, he didn't win, but after what we have done in the Ron Paul campaign; resulting in single digits... I think that 32% deserves a slightly less defeatist remark. And technically speaking since this was the ONLY constitutionalist running here, but didn't get what could have been an easy win for Ron Paul supporters due only to party prejudice-it would be more correct to say that WE got owned.

We have one guy for sure nominated and we are going to continue working with Ted, since this is actually a sign of progress and I believe that on the Congressional level, write-ins are allowed here. If we can get our act together in regards to local candidates in our respective areas-we can and will win. Honestly this local stuff is child's play compared to what we fought against in the presidential race. We really can do this. We just need to focus our efforts a bit more.

Thanks to everybody that helped to get the word out :)