PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul MeetUp Challenge -- should we push the results towards a certain one?

csen
08-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Right now the NH MeetUp group is winning -- if we go down to the wire do you think it makes sense to give using their MeetUp code to help them win? It's probably best for our cause to have Ron make another visit to NH than almost anywhere else.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Right now the NH MeetUp group is winning -- if we go down to the wire do you think it makes sense to give using their MeetUp code to help them win? It's probably best for our cause to have Ron make another visit to NH than almost anywhere else.

Let it happen fair and square

Slugg
08-27-2007, 07:15 AM

I'm not sure that's really fair to the other meetup groups. I see your logic, and I know you mean well (trying to get Ron to the most stratigic areas). However, this is the only chance that the small meetups have of getting Ron out to them. For those groups who only have five or six people, this is a perfect oprotunity to get him to visit them. I wouldn't feel right about undermining their chances. That's just my opinion though.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure that's really fair to the other meetup groups. I see your logic, and I know you mean well (trying to get Ron to the most stratigic areas). However, this is the only chance that the small meetups have of getting Ron out to them. For those groups who only have five or six people, this is a perfect oprotunity to get him to visit them. I wouldn't feel right about undermining their chances. That's just my opinion though.

I just think it would undermine the entire process. These groups are working their tails off to win this contest and to undermine it by giving a boost to a specific group would simply be wrong in my opinion.

bc2208
08-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey Sem, check your inbox.

d'anconia
08-27-2007, 07:39 AM
bc I hope you two aren't conspiring...

And when I thought about the challenge I had a feeling some of us would naturally come up with this idea but I agree we should abide by the rules (or at least guidelines). No teaming up.

Sematary
08-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey Sem, check your inbox.

I did. Keep an eye on it and get back to me.
I want to hand those out at the Army game

Paul4Prez
08-27-2007, 01:21 PM

He already visits New Hampshire a lot. Whoever wins, wins.

Other states he needs to visit:

Maine: he is popular, and they have an early primary
Florida: early primary, lots of money
California: lots of money
Washington: strong anti-war state, lots of money

Cowlesy
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
I just think it would undermine the entire process. These groups are working their tails off to win this contest and to undermine it by giving a boost to a specific group would simply be wrong in my opinion.

I agree. Making little alliances or coalitions is kind of against the spirit of the process. Didn't Jefferson or someone have a famous quote about alliances? I've said before if some place like Alaska wins, great for them and hopefully a RP visit will drum up further support!

trispear
08-27-2007, 01:34 PM
This is a competition. Let's not rig it like they do elections:p

theseus51
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah, let's just leave it alone. Cause if we start a "let's have ____ group win" then there will be blowback, heh. All the other groups will stop raising money aggressively, thinking that the whole thing is rigged.