PDA

View Full Version : Operation Education Marches On - Update 6-24-08

nelsonwinters
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Since it's been a few weeks we wanted give everyone (especially those of you who have donated) an update on what we've been up to:

We took your suggestions, and streamlined the process. We can now track referrals, which will allow us to pay people to refer others.

We've added some mechanisms to help ensure that people are actually watching the video.

We've created an administrative system for setting up education campaigns. This will allow us to set up campaigns much more quickly, and ultimately allow others to run campaigns of their own.

Our latest campaign was for the video "Overview of America", you read the responses here: http://operationeducation.org/reports/rptResponses.cfm?vid=61F3ADDB15C5EB56EBC1349791B79 411

Excerpt:

"I learned and was suprised at the difference between a republic and a democracy.It gave me more insight as to how this nation was intended to be , and how nice it could be again. It has inspired me to want to do something to help make this a great nation again, but what?"

A big part of the Campaign For Liberty is education, we are reaching people with Operation Education who are totally unfamiliar with this information!

We'll be running a few more campaigns this week.
If you would like to help, we could use some suggestions on which videos will be most effective to use to spread the message.
Also, please consider making a donation at http://operationeducation.org ,
which will only go to fund education campaigns. No money is spent on development, hosting or anything else.

Thanks! (If you're unfamiliar with Operation Education, see original post here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140305)

DaisyFL
06-24-2008, 06:36 PM
:)

raystone
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
chipped in $20, thanks !

mport1
06-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I'd prefer not having Freedom to Fascism on there (too much conspiracy like stuff), but this is a great idea and will be very effective.

nelsonwinters
06-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd prefer not having Freedom to Fascism on there (too much conspiracy like stuff), but this is a great idea and will be very effective.

We agree. We did our first test using A:FTF in part because it happened to be April 15th when we were doing it. For the most part it's not too bad with regards to the conspiracy stuff, but it's not the type of movie we want to focus on. We'll definitely stay away from videos like zeitgeist, endgame, loose change, ishtar, etc.

I really like videos that are educational while also being credible, enjoyable and are able to provoke one to question long held beliefs. I really like Money as Debt because it really changes the way a person thinks about money in a fundamental way. It truly is a "red pill" movie.

We just ran a campaign using Overview of America. It's an excellent educational video and people seemed to like it and learned from it, but it lacks in its ability to get people fired up about an issue.

This week we're planning on running some campaigns using some videos focused on specific issues like immigration, the national debt, codex, etc. and see what kind of response we get.

I hope that we can use the feedback that we get over time to assist in producing more effective videos in the future.

raystone
06-25-2008, 07:24 AM

What conspiracies are covered in F2F ?

nelsonwinters
06-25-2008, 10:07 AM
What conspiracies are covered in F2F ?

By "conspiracy like stuff" I think mport1 is referring to stuff that is not generally accepted and often frightening, especially for the average person (like the ones we're reaching out to). There are plenty of important issues like the federal reserve, the War in Iraq, foreign policy, infringements on our rights, immigration, loss of sovereignty, economic woes, corruption, entitlements, etc. which people are better prepared to listen to alternate points of view than some of the things in A:FTF like implantable RFID chips.

pinkmandy
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I think this is an amazing idea. Good job, guys!!!

raystone
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
let's all chipin and give this thing a big trial run and see if it has legs !

raystone
06-26-2008, 10:32 AM
bump

Deborah K
06-26-2008, 12:04 PM

wow. AFTF is how I first learned about Ron Paul. And now I'm organizing a march on his behalf. just wow.