PDA

View Full Version : Guilt by Association Crap Again

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 06:57 AM
http://www.red-alerts.com/un-american-activities/rape-loving-racists-for-ron-paul/

School him.

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes they are. The Libertarian platform calls for abolishing the military and replacing it with private securtiy companies. These “vets” are supporting a candidate that would disband the organization they’re using to give them the credibility they otherwise don’t enjoy.

You yourself said truthers like Paul because he’d “deal honestly” with them, implying that the government doesn’t. That would seem to imply that you’re supporting the spurious claims of the 9/11 “truth” movement. Furthermore, Ron Paul freely associates with Alex Jones and the like, lending credibility to a man who makes a living ripping off gullible and sometimes mentally disturbed individuals by selling them susbscriptions to his show and b-grade movies. Paul is culpable for those people being grifted because he won’t stand up and be honest.

Universal suffrage doesn’t mean universal acceptance. I’m not saying neo-Nazis who are American citizens shouldn’t vote, that’s a strawman you’ve set up. My point, which you will again no doubt refuse to answer is thatpaul appeals to to distinctly anti-American groups; the White nationalists who want tot overthrow the government and exterminate American citizens who aren’t White, and the predominately marxist conspiracy movement who would likely do the same with exception of being a bit more indescriminate in their pogrom.

Prove to me that is not a legitimate concern for me, a person of mixed ethnic background and a stron believer in literal Republicanism, that paul attracts large numbers of people who literally want to kill me. Being a white guy from Brazil, maybe it seems to trite to worry about being lynched, but I’m more apt to think that you wouldn’t “shout down” nazism because you are indeed a fascist, and like the Fascist before you are willing to support the Nazis because they want a similar society you do.

Can someone help me out here?

bbachtung
08-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Here's the response that I posted:

Spencer said,

on August 27th, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Ron Paul is NOT a libertarian (big or little L), and he has NEVER said that he would abolish the military and replace it with private security companies. Purist libertarians do want to abolish the military (although I doubt that they would want the government to contract with private corporations for anything, let alone military service).

Ron Paul is NOT a racist; he cannot help that he attracts people from across the spectrum, from conspiracy theorists to white supremacists to peacenik-hippie types. My guess is that Ron Paul has no idea what is getting posted at racist websites, let alone that his name is being used.

For Ron Paul’s views on racism (which I believe condemn the racist groups that are posting about him, since he condemns classifying people by group, whether that group is based on race or not) read the following excerpt from his Texas Straight Talk column from April 16, 2007:

“Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called “diversity” actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

“The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

“More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct our sins, we should understand that racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty.”

(you can read the whole thing at http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=508)

Brasil Branco
08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh wow, thanks! Great response :)

RonPaulIsGood
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
This is just one of them. I am not suprised that I saw several sites linking Paul and racist ad hominem crap. and suggesting he is racist too

angelatc
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
The author is a goofball! You can't reason with insanity.

RonPaulIsGood
09-29-2007, 11:47 AM
look here: http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/trouble-with-ron.html

pcosmar
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
And the HITs just keep on coming.
As Ron Paul popularity grows so will the HIT pieces, and they will get uglier.
Ignore, ignore, ignore

Yeah, I left them a comment, but I need to get out of that habit.

fourameuphoria
09-29-2007, 01:01 PM
And the HITs just keep on coming.
As Ron Paul popularity grows so will the HIT pieces, and they will get uglier.
Ignore, ignore, ignore

Yeah, I left them a comment, but I need to get out of that habit.

Agreed. I think we should start filtering hit pieces into two categories. The ugly ones with no purpose but demoralizing; either ignore them, call them out on it, or leave comments telling others to ignore them; don't bother getting into a quagmire with morons. Hit pieces that stick to the issues? Politely bombard them.