PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - Miles ahead everyone else?

Meistro1
08-27-2007, 05:17 AM
http://cdnfreepress.zakyoung.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=229&Itemid=3

The video is pretty awesome, imo but look at this! His head to head win - loss - tie record for straw polls. Tied with Romney, losing to Fred??? but completety destroying everyone else. I don't think Fred could take the exposure declaring would bring him, so I think he's just going to try to leverage his popularity into a veep spot. He wouldn't make a terrible V.P. for Paul you know, dirty lobbyist or not.

Rudy Giuliani 16-2-0
Mitt Romney 9-9-0
Fred Thompson 7-10-0
John McCain 16-1-0
Mike Huckabee 15-1-1
Sam Brownback 14-2-1
Tom Tancredo 15-1-0
Duncan Hunter 15-1-0

trispear
08-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes, he would be a terrible VP. All it would take is someone deciding Paul needs to be taken out, because the VP would bring back the good old policies of the neo-cons.

A VP needs to be like-minded, truly like-minded, to take that temptation off the table.

A good VP needs to be someone like-minded, but also younger - like a protege - that has a good chance of suceeding Paul should he prove popular. Bush made that mistake with Cheney (though I doubt his administration is popular at all).

bc2208
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes, he would be a terrible VP. All it would take is someone deciding Paul needs to be taken out, because the VP would bring back the good old policies of the neo-cons.

Yeah, seriously. Don't you watch 24???

Man from La Mancha
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM

A VP needs to be like-minded, truly like-minded, to take that temptation off the table.

A good VP needs to be someone like-minded, but also younger - like a protege - that has a good chance of suceeding Paul should he prove popular. Bush made that mistake with Cheney (though I doubt his administration is popular at all).
How about one of Ron's children, can he do that?

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Having one of your children on the ticket as your VP, wouldn't sit too well with the American people, do you think? I doubt if it was anyone other than RP, it would sit too well with us either.

LibertyEagle
08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
http://cdnfreepress.zakyoung.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=229&Itemid=3

The video is pretty awesome, imo but look at this! His head to head win - loss - tie record for straw polls. Tied with Romney, losing to Fred??? but completety destroying everyone else. I don't think Fred could take the exposure declaring would bring him, so I think he's just going to try to leverage his popularity into a veep spot. He wouldn't make a terrible V.P. for Paul you know, dirty lobbyist or not.

Rudy Giuliani 16-2-0
Mitt Romney 9-9-0
Fred Thompson 7-10-0
John McCain 16-1-0
Mike Huckabee 15-1-1
Sam Brownback 14-2-1
Tom Tancredo 15-1-0
Duncan Hunter 15-1-0

I hate to say it, but the size of the straw polls DOES matter. We are kickin' butt in our wins and that is wonderful, but they still are very small straw polls.

We still have a lot of work to get the word out about Ron Paul. Still, very few even know who he is. We've got the internet covered, but what about OFF THE INTERNET? He is still virtually an unknown.

nullvalu
08-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah, seriously. Don't you watch 24???

haha.. love the political aspects of that show, all the backstabbing and crap.. I used to be a huge fan of 24, the first few seasons were terrific but have been gradually getting more predictable and less exciting..

btw, i would not want FT as VP.. i'd fear for RP's life from the moment he took office..

there could be a bomb placed under his podium during a speech, incapacitating him long enough for the VP to declare war on palestine. (sorry, 24 reference) :D