PDA

View Full Version : "GOP hopefuls trying to avoid the short straw" -- in Fort Worth Star-Telegram

LizF
08-27-2007, 05:15 AM
"Texas doctor

Paul, a physician who last ran for president in 1988 as a Libertarian, has won straw polls in Alabama, North Carolina and New Hampshire. He placed second in South Carolina and fifth in Iowa and now wants to win the poll in his home state.

Volunteers have been calling supporters, asking them to sign up as delegates. There's a Ron Paul Pride of Texas Freedom Rally on Friday night, featuring Jimmie Lee Vaughn and the Horton Brothers Band. And work is under way to bus in supporters from Austin, Houston and San Antonio and hold a briefing breakfast and rally before the vote.

"It's a way to raise awareness, celebrate the message of freedom and celebrate being a Texan," said Jesse Benton, a Paul spokesman.

Grassroots supporters say they hope to have more than 1,000 people at the straw poll. Many likely won't qualify as delegates but want to show up to support Paul."

For full article, click link below:
http://www.star-telegram.com/metro_news/story/215032.html

MicroBalrog
08-27-2007, 05:21 AM
While many say straw polls are important to campaigns, the winner of those polls doesn't always win the presidency. A recent Rasmussen Reports poll shows that most Americans don't know who won the Iowa straw poll. Past winners of the Iowa straw Poll include:

From that article.

Derek Johnson
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll be outside the Fort Worth convention center Sat morning at 8 AM, I hope to see many many other RP supporters there as well, loud and proud as hell of our champion of the constitution.

I've got a new code for talk radio (while on air): resoting our national pride and understanding law.

Now take the firt letter out of that phrase.

Let's get on the airwaves, let's get those signs visible from Canada to Mexico, from the Atlantic to the Pacific. A RON PAUL SIGN EVERYWHERE, EVERY TREE, MILE MARKER, FENCE, BUS STOP EVERYWHERE!

Derek Johnson
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln__gYtmKfs

I hope to see some of y'all downtown 'Cowtown' Saturday morning at the straw poll. You'll have to be a corpse to not notice the RP supporters. Get out there, and get the Ron Paul name out there!

God's blessings!