PDA

View Full Version : AAP Leadership Fights Informed Vaccine Choices

pinkmandy
06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Is anyone else outraged at the relationship between pharm companies lobbying doctors into pushing their products using the govt as a tool to do so? :mad:

In another fit of pique aimed at the growing number of vaccine-educated parents questioning pediatricians about the safety of vaccines, the largest private medical organization representing medical doctors treating children - the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) - recently announced to its membership that it will fight doubting parents in their offices, in the media, on the internet and through a partnership with other wealthy and powerful organizations funded by a pharmaceutical industry committed to doing the same thing.

On May 30, the AAP leadership reports that it met with the leaders of 15 allied organizations in Elk Grove, Illinois to discuss the growing refusal of parents to vaccinate their children according to recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and AAP.

http://www.vaccineawakening.blogspot.com/

amy31416
06-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm not a vaccine hater like many others on the board, but I'm completely against big pharma using unethical practices to sell their wares.

pinkmandy
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
This is what set me off:

Information on the AAP website gives pediatricians instructions about what to do with parents who refuse to obey the doctor's orders, including a sample letter that states:

"By not vaccinating your child you are taking selfish advantage of thousands of others who do vaccinate their children, which decreases the likelihood that your child will contract one of these diseases. We feel such an attitude to be self-centered and unacceptable. We are making you aware of these facts not to scare you or coerce you, but to emphasize the importance of vaccinating your child. We recognize that the choice may be a very emotional one for some parents. We will do everything we can to convince you that vaccinating according to the schedule is the right thing to do.