PDA

View Full Version : Barr on CNN Now

libertarian4321
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
FYI, Bob Barr is going to be on CNN in about 2 minutes for anyone who is interested.

JosephTheLibertarian
06-23-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks

hypnagogue
06-23-2008, 02:02 PM
t00b it kthx

AJ Antimony
06-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Gah I think i missed it? Youtube!

mport1
06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
tube?

Yom
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Bump. Anyone have the youtube, or a CNN video link?

bucfish
06-23-2008, 06:52 PM
bump for youtube!

mrchubbs
06-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't think Barr himself was on, but they did discuss his candidacy and the Cafferty File question for the 5 o'clock hour was about Barr. Here is the YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coXH7GF3PQs

Pretty good coverage for Barr and the Libertarian Party.

Enjoy.

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 07:56 PM
great video, reminds me, why the gop is marching off a cliff and on convention day we remove the blinders and if they choose to ignore the cliff? then we firmly push them off the cliff,if they continue to ignore reality:)

RSLudlum
06-23-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL..."You could run Bozo the Clown and he would take votes from John McCain"

I don't know if Bozo would actually be the lesser evil :eek:

Who is Bozo's running mate in this picture? :p
http://bp0.blogger.com/_0BEbMTrc3UQ/RpzDksGcA6I/AAAAAAAABGk/Io02FQ1d0ls/s1600-h/BOZO+dvd+1.jpg

rockandrollsouls
06-23-2008, 10:15 PM
FYI, Bob Barr is going to be on CNN in about 2 minutes for anyone who is interested.

Why are you even following Barr; you've said you're voting for Obama. Maybe you should start posting his clips instead...

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Why are you even following Barr; you've said you're voting for Obama. Maybe you should start posting his clips instead...

id blame mccain, they just do not want a fascist mccain,so relax if they vote for obama so what it's not voting for mccain and id gladly drive them to the voting booth and thank them after they vote;)
note im voting on election day so i haven't decided, I'm still working on Ron Paul for the nomination of the republican party and if they do not ,then i will slam the door. THE FAT LADY doesn't sing till sept ,so to me obama and mccain are pointless to our movement, enuff said

Fields
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't think Barr himself was on, but they did discuss his candidacy and the Cafferty File question for the 5 o'clock hour was about Barr. Here is the YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coXH7GF3PQs

Pretty good coverage for Barr and the Libertarian Party.

Enjoy.

Thanks.

AJ Antimony
06-24-2008, 12:24 AM
I find it interesting how Barr isn't getting more support from Paul people.

rockandrollsouls
06-24-2008, 12:32 AM
I find it interesting how Barr isn't getting more support from Paul people.

that's because a solid quarter of us are conspiracy theorists. Barr is supposedly a neo-con spy sent from a spaceship to infiltrate us and send specimens back to his homeplanet. :rolleyes:

AJ Antimony
06-24-2008, 12:58 AM
that's because a solid quarter of us are conspiracy theorists. Barr is supposedly a neo-con spy sent from a spaceship to infiltrate us and send specimens back to his homeplanet. :rolleyes:

Apparently. We're such an intelligent group yet so many of us when talking about Barr forget what a neocon actually is.

A Neocon is...

1. Republican
2. 100% supportive of preemptive war
3. obsessed with Bush/Cheney
4. power hungry

Bob Barr is ...

1. Libertarian. Hell, he LEFT the Republican party
2. advocates a foreign policy nothing close to that of Bush
3. against Bush/Cheney. If he truly were a typical neocon then he'd still be in the House making legislation for master Bush
4. not seeking utter power. He's a Libertarian so he may never win an election the rest of his life. He even left his House seat for one reason to go Libertarian.

Perhaps he used to be a neocon, but I believe he isn't anymore based on his crystal clear transition to Libertarianism. The biggest seller for me is #4, his surrendering of power. Neocons don't give up their Republican election victories in exchange for 2% election laughers.

revolutionary8
06-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Don't make it sound so crazy, in a lame attempt to discredit those of us who are sick to death of Barr threads in Grassroots central, and sick to death of hearing why we MUST vote for Barr.
Let's try again, shall we?
Some of us believe Bob Barr hasn't changed. No need to bring in the disinfo. and the Conspiracy Theory BS to try and discredit those of us who have real, and very justified concerns.
Again,
Name one politician who has changed for the better.
No one has gotten the prize on this one. I might even start a chip-in for a reward fund. lol

I apologize if you were being sarcastic. lol

JosephTheLibertarian
06-24-2008, 01:40 AM
there's always some anti-barr jackass on every one of his videos

Lord Xar
06-24-2008, 03:00 AM
Apparently. We're such an intelligent group yet so many of us when talking about Barr forget what a neocon actually is.

A Neocon is...

1. Republican
2. 100% supportive of preemptive war
3. obsessed with Bush/Cheney
4. power hungry

Bob Barr is ...

1. Libertarian. Hell, he LEFT the Republican party
2. advocates a foreign policy nothing close to that of Bush
3. against Bush/Cheney. If he truly were a typical neocon then he'd still be in the House making legislation for master Bush
4. not seeking utter power. He's a Libertarian so he may never win an election the rest of his life. He even left his House seat for one reason to go Libertarian.

Perhaps he used to be a neocon, but I believe he isn't anymore based on his crystal clear transition to Libertarianism. The biggest seller for me is #4, his surrendering of power. Neocons don't give up their Republican election victories in exchange for 2% election laughers.

I think alot of them are looking at Chuck Baldwin. I am.
I also think many of them, me included think Barr is another obama/mccain when it comes to the border. Same open border policy. Now, I might be ignorant of this and would hope to learn more about is position in regards to immigration, but if he takes same o' same ol' libertarian view - then yeah, he is toast.

But for me. I say go Barr, go Baldwin. Our only real two choices.

ryanmkeisling
06-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Don't make it sound so crazy, in a lame attempt to discredit those of us who are sick to death of Barr threads in Grassroots central, and sick to death of hearing why we MUST vote for Barr.
Let's try again, shall we?
Some of us believe Bob Barr hasn't changed. No need to bring in the disinfo. and the Conspiracy Theory BS to try and discredit those of us who have real, and very justified concerns.
Again,
Name one politician who has changed for the better.
No one has gotten the prize on this one. I might even start a chip-in for a reward fund. lol

I apologize if you were being sarcastic. lol

This is one of the neocons most effective tactics ( narrow and polarize the realm of discussion) and its no surprise that other groups will see this and seize upon it to push their own agenda. It is much like Bush's "Your either with us or the terrorists." The Libertarians are all riled up because they couldn't get Paul to run on their ticket yet they finally are on the cusp of relevance and so they latch onto the Revolution with the vicious politician who has seen the light and a lunatic idiot VP.

Can any of us really blame them?

Everyone has an agenda in American politics and will fight to advance it; that is how the game is played. It still disgusts me nonetheless. There are no politicians who change for the better and it is silly IMHO to think one has been found. I would love to be proven wrong on this. Ron Paul for President 2008! I would much rather help to disenfranchise the GOP than support the libertarians:

a) Dr. Paul is not on board, even though he has not said anything to disenfranchise them, he is clearly focused on his own thing, The Revolution.

b) the VP selection defies all logic and is truly sick. WAR belongs in Vegas, not washington or any proximity. The same argument could be easily made for Barr.

This election may mean a lot to the libertarian party at this point, but it means very little to the Revolution on a grand scale. If it did Ron Paul would be backing it with all of his might, which is considerable at this point. IMHO.

libertarian4321
06-24-2008, 03:32 AM

Actually, I never said who I was voting for- a couple of forum members who either 1) haven't mastered basic reading comprehension or 2) are challengers for the gold medal in the new Olympic event of "jumping to conclusions" erroneously came to that conclusion.

libertarian4321
06-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Bob Barr is ...

Barr is "out of the House" because he LOST a primary election (his last term ended in Jan 2003, more than 3 years before he joined the LP). He didn't leave Congress voluntarily, he left kicking and screaming.

In fact, he was TARGETED BY THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY (ironic, eh?) because he was considered one of the leading "drug warriors" (some called him an anti-drug Nazi). Libertarians were dancing in the streets when he got booted.

The ads particularly targeted Barr's opposition to MEDICAL marijuana (see the ad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOuRsnVny7Y "

The bottom line is, many Libertarians are just not convinced that this guy has really changed. Maybe he has, but there is a lot of room to have questions. Thats the great thing about Ron Paul- consistency- you don't have to wonder what he stands for TODAY, because it was the same thing he stood for 10 years ago.

speciallyblend
06-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Barr is "out of the House" because he LOST a primary election (his last term ended in Jan 2003, more than 3 years before he joined the LP). He didn't leave Congress voluntarily, he left kicking and screaming.

In fact, he was TARGETED BY THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY (ironic, eh?) because he was considered one of the leading "drug warriors" (some called him an anti-drug Nazi). Libertarians were dancing in the streets when he got booted.

The ads particularly targeted Barr's opposition to MEDICAL marijuana (see the ad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOuRsnVny7Y "

The bottom line is, many Libertarians are just not convinced that this guy has really changed. Maybe he has, but there is a lot of room to have questions. Thats the great thing about Ron Paul- consistency- you don't have to wonder what he stands for TODAY, because it was the same thing he stood for 10 years ago.

I remember barr's ideas, I'm truly amazed on why the lp even nominated him,but hey give him a chance to explain himself. I'm not jumping on the barr bandwagon just yet,but we will see 3 months is a mighty longtime......

JosephTheLibertarian
06-24-2008, 07:02 AM
I remember barr's ideas, I'm truly amazed on why the lp even nominated him,but hey give him a chance to explain himself. I'm not jumping on the barr bandwagon just yet,but we will see 3 months is a mighty longtime......

If you didn't jump on the LP bandwagon, why should we care if you don't jump on the Barr bandwagon? Cricitize us as a member of a pro-war party, that's hypocritical, but very fine.

rockandrollsouls
06-24-2008, 11:06 AM
This is one of the neocons most effective tactics ( narrow and polarize the realm of discussion) and its no surprise that other groups will see this and seize upon it to push their own agenda. It is much like Bush's "Your either with us or the terrorists." The Libertarians are all riled up because they couldn't get Paul to run on their ticket yet they finally are on the cusp of relevance and so they latch onto the Revolution with the vicious politician who has seen the light and a lunatic idiot VP.

Can any of us really blame them?

Everyone has an agenda in American politics and will fight to advance it; that is how the game is played. It still disgusts me nonetheless. There are no politicians who change for the better and it is silly IMHO to think one has been found. I would love to be proven wrong on this. Ron Paul for President 2008! I would much rather help to disenfranchise the GOP than support the libertarians:

a) Dr. Paul is not on board, even though he has not said anything to disenfranchise them, he is clearly focused on his own thing, The Revolution.

b) the VP selection defies all logic and is truly sick. WAR belongs in Vegas, not washington or any proximity. The same argument could be easily made for Barr.

This election may mean a lot to the libertarian party at this point, but it means very little to the Revolution on a grand scale. If it did Ron Paul would be backing it with all of his might, which is considerable at this point. IMHO.

With your logic, Ron would be backing Baldwin with all of his might. Again, I believe I am in good company. Ron has given both his grace, but he's made it clear that even though Barr's record isn't spotless he believes he is fighting for liberty now.

http://www.covenantnews.com/baldwin020423.htm an article Baldwin wrote that shows, to me at least, he doesn't comprehend the concept of "all men are created equal."

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/vid1/Debate_256K.wmv here Baldwin praises Falwell.

Baldwin has never renounced any of his hate speech towards homosexual or controversial comments. He was a Ron Paul supporter for one year, but you have to look at his past that he hasn't addressed. Barr has left his past behind and renounced it and acknowledged his bad decisions. As far as I'm concerned, Baldwin is just as much of a religious nut as Falwell and his words would almost prove it. I don't want a religious nut trying to legislate social policy. Perhaps he should consider repudiating his comments.

acroso
06-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Did Barr vote for the iraq war resolution?

tonesforjonesbones
06-24-2008, 12:00 PM
I can name one politician that has changed. Bob Barr. He was on Bill Oreilly's radio show today..I missed it but i'm sure it will be posted later on his website. There was also an article on Bob Barr in my local paper. His name is getting out there...righton, even if the media is putting the "spoiler" spin on it...he is getting out there and getting the opportunity to present his platform. TONES

rockandrollsouls
06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I can name one politician that has changed. Bob Barr. He was on Bill Oreilly's radio show today..I missed it but i'm sure it will be posted later on his website. There was also an article on Bob Barr in my local paper. His name is getting out there...righton, even if the media is putting the "spoiler" spin on it...he is getting out there and getting the opportunity to present his platform. TONES

exactly. We might actually get our message across!

And for those of you that think Chuck was oh-so-holy and opposed the Iraq war from the start, you'd be wrong.

He opposed the US action in Iraq on constitutional grounds: "It's not that Congress doesn't have the authority to declare war. It's just that it hasn't done so." However, he emphasizes that he strongly supported the US troops in Iraq while opposing "the unconstitutional procedures under which they were committed to fight."