PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rally in St. Paul Minnesota

dustup
06-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I have searched and can't find much info on the Rally Ron Paul is forming in St. Paul

Questions: Does one need a ticket?

Question: Where will it be located in St. Paul

Question: How many will the facility, if one has been chosen, whiil it accommodate?

Thank you fellow Patriots! Any info will be appreciated !

ronpaulhawaii
06-23-2008, 11:09 AM
The rally will be in Minneapolis at U of Minn on [oops-Sept not July 2nd]

For more info on a closely related event you can sign up at

www.walk4freedom.org (http://www.walk4freedom.org)

and join

www.ronpaul.meetup.com/363 (http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/363)

The facility (Wilson Hall???) will hold 15k

HTH

dustup
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
The rally will be in Minneapolis at U of Minn on July 2

For more info on a closely related event you can sign up at

www.walk4freedom.org (http://www.walk4freedom.org)

and join

www.ronpaul.meetup.com/363 (http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/363)

The facility (Wilson Hall???) will hold 15k

HTHThanks but Not that rally....the (convention) rally in St. Paul on September 2 to be held during the GOP National Convention.....
and march http://ronpaul.meetup.com/363/

ronpaulhawaii
06-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks but Not that rally....the (convention) rally in St. Paul on September 2 to be held during the GOP National Convention.....
and march http://ronpaul.meetup.com/363/

There will be no rally in St Paul. It will be in Minneapolis. Perhaps I am confused in what you are asking.

The final day of the walk will start at Powderhorn Park on Sept 2 and end at UM for the only rally scheduled. There are plans for a grassroots convention, of sorts, to follow, but that will not be anywhere near the RNC in St Paul.

dannno
06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
There will be no rally in St Paul. It will be in Minneapolis. Perhaps I am confused in what you are asking.

The final day of the walk will start at Powderhorn Park on Sept 2 and end at UM for the only rally scheduled. There are plans for a grassroots convention, of sorts, to follow, but that will not be anywhere near the RNC in St Paul.

I think he was confused cause u said July 2 instead of Sept 2

acptulsa
06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I think he was confused cause u said July 2 instead of Sept 2

No, the St. Paul vs. Minneapolis misstatement made the difference. September 2 in the Excel Center on the U of Minn. campus in Minneapolis, some eight plus miles from the St. Paul Convention Center. I'm curious about tickets myself...

dustup
06-23-2008, 12:24 PM

my bad....my old....I think I had an oldtimers episode! :D Between me being old and you saying July 2nd....I got confused.....:p don't do that to old people! :D
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_571996.html

I suppose its first come first seated at this rally-convention??? :confused:

ronpaulhawaii
06-23-2008, 12:32 PM
OOps - sorry bout that...

They are working out the arrangments and we will just have to be patient regarding tickets seating etc. Have you tried emailing CfL?

dustup
06-23-2008, 12:34 PM
OOps - sorry bout that...

They are working out the arrangments and we will just have to be patient regarding tickets seating etc. Have you tried emailing CfL?

Kind regards for your info, thanks for not scolding this old Patriot for the confusion...:D I will try your suggestion and report my findings.

Warm Regards

ronpaulhawaii
06-23-2008, 12:37 PM
No, the St. Paul vs. Minneapolis misstatement made the difference. September 2 in the Excel Center on the U of Minn. campus in Minneapolis, some eight plus miles from the St. Paul Convention Center. I'm curious about tickets myself...

I think I started a bad trend in this thread

The last I heard the rally will be at the Uni of Minns Williams Arena on Sept 2nd. IINM- The only reason that may change is if we need more room.

The Excel Center is in St Paul and that is where the RNC is

Sorry everyone:o

acptulsa
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
The last I heard the rally will be at the Uni of Minns Williams Arena on Sept 2nd. IINM- The only reason that may change is if we need more room.

Quite right my bad.

dustup
06-23-2008, 12:54 PM

All is forgiven and THANK YOU!

libertarian4321
06-23-2008, 02:11 PM
my bad....my old....I think I had an oldtimers episode! :D Between me being old and you saying July 2nd....I got confused.....:p don't do that to old people! :D
:confused:

Damn it, McCain, I told you to stay off these forums!

dustup
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Damn it, McCain, I told you to stay off these forums!
McCain would have not been so polite! :D
http://www.mccain-temper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mad_dog_john_mccain.jpg

Ninja Homer
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM

You got it right. It's easiest just to think of Minneapolis and St. Paul as 1 city named the Twin Cities, or sometimes shortened to just "the Cities", as in, "I'm headed up to the Cities this weekend". But if you're going "up North", you're not going to the Cities, your going to Northern Minnesota to a cabin or camping for fishing, hunting, or vacation (except if you're fishing, hunting or on vacation "with the guys" then you're either drinking in a boat, drinking in the woods, or just drinking at your cabin or camp site). :D

Hopefully Williams Arena is big enough. I think the old Mariucci Arena could probably be used for overflow with some huge monitors. The old Mariucci Arena is the the old UM hockey arena, attached to Williams. I think Williams holds about 15k and Mariucci holds about 5k.

Target Center only holds about 20k, so to step up from Williams Arena, it would probably have to be in the Metrodome. The Metrodome holds something like 45k, but it would probably really suck to have this convention there. It wasn't built well for sound, so you get lots of echoes and stuff. Even if 30k people are there, it may look sparse compared to a packed Williams Arena, packed Mariucci Arena, and a bunch of supporters watching from outside. Unless they can come close to packing the Metrodome, it would probably be best to stick with Williams Arena.

dustup
06-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank You for your well thought out input! It would be great to pack them all with overflow into the streets!

ItsTime
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
he should sell tickets for 5 bucks or something and put the money to CFL

dustup
06-23-2008, 06:50 PM
he should sell tickets for 5 bucks or something and put the money to CFL
I'll By that....but raise to $30! It would be more than worth it!!!

Bruno
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
M-i-n-n-e-s-o-t-a ;)

See ya there!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-23-2008, 08:36 PM
nt

HOLLYWOOD
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM

Ooooooooooooooh the IRONY of having it in St. Paul!

Damn I wish George Carlin was alive to speak. What bad timing.

BTW, OVER $100 MILLION of Taxpayers money is being spent on RNC's pre-contrived, rigged, propaganda convention.

Why isn't the RNC paying for security at that Staged RNC BOONDOGGLE?

dustup
06-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Ooooooooooooooh the IRONY of having it in St. Paul!

Damn I wish George Carlin was alive to speak. What bad timing.

BTW, OVER $100 MILLION of Taxpayers money is being spent on RNC's pre-contrived, rigged, propaganda convention.

Why isn't the RNC paying for security at that Staged RNC BOONDOGGLE?

Because we the people allow them to get away with it and thats only half of it, the DNC will get away with it to! :mad:

ChrisInMN
06-24-2008, 06:53 AM

The Excel Center *IS* where the RNC is going to be held at. Not The St. Paul Convention Center. There is no St. Paul Convention Center.
Dr. Paul is going to be at the Williams Arena at the U of M in Minneapolis on Sept 2nd.

ChrisInMN

travisfromatlanta
06-24-2008, 07:06 AM
hey everyone,

thought i'd try to start finding out if anyone has an extra couch for me to crash on September 1st and 2nd?

Any hostels, fraternities, etc... you think would have me?

thanks,

Travis

ronpaulhawaii
06-24-2008, 07:14 AM
hey everyone,

thought i'd try to start finding out if anyone has an extra couch for me to crash on September 1st and 2nd?

thanks,

Travis

Welcome to the Forum :)

Someone secured a farm for a mass campground (Ronstock2), and we are working on other options. We will be setting up a seperate sub-forum for these issues soon...

BTW - Have you seen www.walk4freedom.org (http://www.walk4freedom.org) (tempsite)?

libertarian4321
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
hey everyone,

thanks,

Travis

I'll be bringing an extra 4-person (well, 4 people if they are small, but comfortable for 3) tent if anyone at the Ronstock camping area needs one.