PDA

View Full Version : Dont want to talk about it, but will who will lead the Rev. after RP?

silus
06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
The passing of George Carlin and Tim Russert just got me a bit nervous. I know Rand Paul has been involved a bit, but do any of his children approach his mastery of the issues? Should they begin to make their presence felt a bit more?

I'm just thinking that a vacuum should be avoided, and that another leader should at least be groomed.

Sorry for talking about this.

Jeremy
06-23-2008, 10:12 AM
we have no idea, but start supporting candidates for congress link BJ Lawson

Lawson Moneybomb on the 29th, click the link in my sig

Rhys
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Rand Paul 2012!!!

pinkmandy
06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
The cream will rise to the top. ;)

james1844
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
seriously, this is why we need to elect candidated like BJ Lawson.

silus
06-27-2008, 09:19 PM
The cream will rise to the top. ;)
Thats like sayng 'trust in the Lord.'

liberalnurse
06-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Rand

Akus
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
The passing of George Carlin and Tim Russert just got me a bit nervous. I know Rand Paul has been involved a bit, but do any of his children approach his mastery of the issues? Should they begin to make their presence felt a bit more?

I'm just thinking that a vacuum should be avoided, and that another leader should at least be groomed.

Sorry for talking about this.

Don't apologize. This most crucial question is asked the least. The most you will probably hear is rhetoric that can rival that of Obama in it's beauty and pleasure, but complete meaninglessness.

I've said way too many times for the RPForums regulars not to know what I think should be done by now. What will happen is what I am afraid will happen. We will fracture into thousands of passionate, but in a greater scheme of things, powerless movements with bizillion different variations of Ron Paul's philosophy.

Akus
06-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Rand Paul 2012!!!

I'm down. So long as it's not a bullshit joke of a campaign that Ron Paul had.:rolleyes:

yongrel
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Conza88
06-27-2008, 10:14 PM
This guy:

http://www.happyclown.ch/Clown%20Kopf%20GROSS.jpg

:rolleyes:

I'm down. So long as it's not a bullshit joke of a campaign that Ron Paul had.:rolleyes:

Are you fucken retarded? Serious question. In what way was waking millions of people up - bullshit? Please enlighten me.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Yongrel 2012

"Sarcasm we can believe in."

Paulite
06-27-2008, 10:17 PM
jesse ventura

NEPA_Revolution
06-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Nader 2012

"We can break 5%"

ForLiberty-RonPaul
06-27-2008, 10:23 PM
jesse ventura

"I ain't got time to bleed."

haaaylee
06-27-2008, 10:41 PM
We will. Ron Paul doesn't want a leader. He wants a team.

Akus
06-27-2008, 11:09 PM
This guy:

http://www.happyclown.ch/Clown%20Kopf%20GROSS.jpg

:rolleyes:

Are you fucken retarded? Serious question. In what way was waking millions of people up - bullshit? Please enlighten me.

you believe that this campaign was success and I am the one retarded?

malkusm
06-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Yongrel 2012

"Sarcasm we can believe in."

Yes.

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
We will.

Conza88
06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
you believe that this campaign was success and I am the one retarded?

I don't believe it was a bullshit joke. So yes, that makes you retarded.

HEY, maybe we shouldn't even bother aye? Whats the point in trying you know? We should just let them destroy the country & the world! :rolleyes:

If the Campaign woke one person up, I'd deem it a success. It's woken millions and started a worldwide revolution. You need to get some f&^ken perspective, thats what you need... or go sulk in a corner.

haaaylee
06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't believe it was a bullshit joke. So yes, that makes you retarded.

HEY, maybe we shouldn't even bother aye? Whats the point in trying you know? We should just let them destroy the country & the world! :rolleyes:

If the Campaign woke one person up, I'd deem it a success. It's woken millions and started a worldwide revolution. You need to get some f&^ken perspective, thats what you need... or go sulk in a corner.

i'd tend to agree. the campaign may not have gotten him elected president, but was that really the point? does not becoming president out of this therefore mean it was a failure? in one sense, yes. but in the more important sense, it doesn't really matter...

jsteilKS
06-27-2008, 11:44 PM
We can always hold a CFL convention when the time is needed. Lets say we have delegates from each state that vote for who says they want to take over as our representative. Set a resolution that the person can only hold on to the title for X amount of time.

Athan
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Buddy we got Kinky, Ventura, and ONE DAY JOHN STOSSEL!!!

Akus
06-28-2008, 12:06 AM
i'd tend to agree. the campaign may not have gotten him elected president, but was that really the point?

Um... yes... because bumper stickers and message boards and youtube speeches to the sound of "300" movies do not end wars, overhaul monetary policies and reduce the burden on the unpriveleged. Presidents, Senators and Congressment do.

does not becoming president out of this therefore mean it was a failure?

Yes. A massive failure. And an extra ammo to the people who consider us no more then an internet phenomenon, like RickRoll....

....but in the more important sense, it doesn't really matter... OK you're right. Ron Paul becoming a president doesn't matter. What matters is more marches and rallies and t-shirts with Ron Paul revolution stuff pressed on them. Yea, that'll change things.

Hey man, it's people like you why most think that Paulbots belong in the nut house. Go put an extra RP08 bumper sticker on your car and watch Loose Change one more time for the extra clues or something....

JKap
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Three words: not Bob Barr.

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Um... yes... because bumper stickers and message boards and youtube speeches to the sound of "300" movies do not end wars, overhaul monetary policies and reduce the burden on the unpriveleged. Presidents, Senators and Congressment do.

Yes. A massive failure. And an extra ammo to the people who consider us no more then an internet phenomenon, like RickRoll....

OK you're right. Ron Paul becoming a president doesn't matter. What matters is more marches and rallies and t-shirts with Ron Paul revolution stuff pressed on them. Yea, that'll change things.

Hey man, it's people like you why most think that Paulbots belong in the nut house. Go put an extra RP08 bumper sticker on your car and watch Loose Change one more time for the extra clues or something....

Activating and mobilizing a million and a half strict constitutionalist libertarians in America is hardly a failure.

haaaylee
06-28-2008, 12:39 AM

OK you're right. Ron Paul becoming a president doesn't matter. What matters is more marches and rallies and t-shirts with Ron Paul revolution stuff pressed on them. Yea, that'll change things.

A:

If congressman do make a difference than let me inform you, Ron Paul is a congressman...

B:

Did you miss my point? If Ron Paul had never had this campaign how many of us would be here right now? I wouldn't.. i'd still be an ignorant young american who thought Obama sounded great but wouldn't actually end up going to the polls.

Yeah, Ron Paul isn't fucking president. And yeah, the blimp failed. And some of us are even 9/11 truthers. and sure, Rick Roll isn't funny. But are you seriously going to call total shit on this entire campaign?? In no way did i say that revolution shirts were more important than Ron being president (and i don't for a second believe that made anyone slack in otherwise promoting or supporting Ron), but did people making those shirts, or youtube videos, or bumper stickers lessen his chances? No! it's called promo. And it seemed to have worked actually......

Also, your last sentence wasn't actually a sentence. And i appreciate you attempting to insult me by assuming i'm a truther. Ron would be proud!

PS you're on a message board right now, shouldn't you be making a difference?

You can't change anything without promoting the idea of liberty! Do you want us to all just sit at home knowing this shit and never tell anyone? Yeah, that'll change things ....

Alawn
06-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Rand Paul 2012!!!

Rand Paul has to get elected to congress/governor or something else before he has any chance at all of being elected as president.

Knightskye
06-28-2008, 02:10 AM
I think We can lead the Revolution.

But for now:
http://www.azlp.org/images/ron-paul-revolution.jpg

Conza88
06-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Akus, was the first American Revolution started by electing a President?

You sir, are a tool. :rolleyes:

This is for you:

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1550124.jpg

Shadow of a Doubt
06-28-2008, 03:52 AM
Ron Paul isn't even the leader right now. A movement takes leaders, but not one omnipotent guy at the top. George Washington didn't lead the American Revolution, the founding fathers did-a group of leaders each representing different sects and performing different tasks. Ron Paul is doing his part as one of the new founding fathers by running the Campaign for Liberty, just as BJ is doing his part-Ed Griffin runs Freedom Force International-John Stossel tells the truth on the news-Bob Barr presents an alternative to frustrated voters this year, etc.

We need different organizations assaulting in different ways, just as they are now. Electing an arbitrary leader isn't going to do us any good. Think of the different organizations like different companies in a free market, and an arbitrary leader like a central planner.

Conza88
06-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Ron Paul isn't even the leader right now. A movement takes leaders, but not one omnipotent guy at the top. George Washington didn't lead the American Revolution, the founding fathers did-a group of leaders each representing different sects and performing different tasks. Ron Paul is doing his part as one of the new founding fathers by running the Campaign for Liberty, just as BJ is doing his part-Ed Griffin runs Freedom Force International-John Stossel tells the truth on the news-Bob Barr presents an alternative to frustrated voters this year, etc.

We need different organizations assaulting in different ways, just as they are now. Electing an arbitrary leader isn't going to do us any good. Think of the different organizations like different companies in a free market, and an arbitrary leader like a central planner.

Best 8th post I've ever seen. There needs to be more people who think like you. ;)

LibertyEagle
06-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Buddy we got Kinky, Ventura, and ONE DAY JOHN STOSSEL!!!

Ventura? Don't think so. And Kinky? I voted for him, but he's not exactly a small government man, do you think? Well, up against Perry, he looked like one, but.... :)

revolutionman
06-28-2008, 06:31 AM
Following a leader is the antithesis of our principals. We're supposed to be free thinkers rallying behind a common cause, not just another outfit of mindless zombies, with signs and preselected opinions.

JoshLowry
06-28-2008, 06:41 AM
I am Spartacus!

silus
06-28-2008, 01:14 PM
One of the biggest shams perpetuated in America is the idea that success or failure is dictated upon quantifiable wins and losses. It just isn't so. Examine your own life and you will find this to be the case.

amy31416
06-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Well said.