PDA

View Full Version : If the Libertarians and Constitutionists do poorly this election cycle …

FrankRep
06-23-2008, 08:54 AM
We need to seriously reconsider the idea of taking back the Republican Party from the Neo-Conservatives. The Republicans and the Democrats have all the power in the American political system so why not take the power back the same way they took the power from us. It will be a tough battle because no one wants lose power, but it's nearly impossible to create a new power. The reality is we have a two party system so the battlefield is within that two party system.

The Libertarians and Constitutionists need to re-integrate back into the Republican party and take it back. We'll force the Neo-Conservatives to create their own party and be powerless.

Ron Paul does have the right idea about taking the Republican party back.

acptulsa
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
You want to tear down a brick wall, but you only have tools to chip away at the mortar. Do you get the job done faster by chipping away from the inside or the outside? I think the answer is--both!

FrankRep
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
You want to tear down a brick wall, but you only have tools to chip away at the mortar. Do you get the job done faster by chipping away from the inside or the outside? I think the answer is--both!

Better than trying to build a new wall from scratch. We can take control of the existing wall.

Truth Warrior
06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Poorly? AGAIN! :D

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
is this republican party,gonna be a brand worth selling after the election hmmm? i say we don't need a 3rd party,just a real party that goes across the party lines. Imagine a party that involves the lp/cp and real republicans and democrats and independents, we have a force if we can just unite,thats the key and i think we will either open the door to the gop or slam it shut and shove the gop of the cliff they are willing to march off of. it depends on us. to be honest is the republican brand worth selling now???? i dont know the answer,but if it's not worth selling, then we need to destroy it and make a brand worth selling, i suspect the gop is the new whig party;) a dying breed;)

HOLLYWOOD
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Uniting all the independent, non dictating parties will be the only way to take this country back.

It's time of the 2 dozen parties to put there differences aside and unite to a majority... then we can finally have CHANGE.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
i suspect the gop is the new whig party;) a dying breed;)

From your lips to the FSM's noodles.

hopeforamerica
06-23-2008, 09:17 AM
A lot of us are already doing this. You would not believe how many people are afraid, unwilling, etc...to get involved. If 50% of the Ron Paul supporters would have gotten involved in the Republican party process, we would have already accomplished this mission. It's all about who shows up and numbers. We have the numbers, but we don't have the people willing to do what it takes. I'm still hopeful more people will join the effort to reshape the republican party.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
A lot of us are already doing this. You would not believe how many people are afraid, unwilling, etc...to get involved. If 50% of the Ron Paul supporters would have gotten involved in the Republican party process, we would have already accomplished this mission. It's all about who shows up and numbers. We have the numbers, but we don't have the people willing to do what it takes. I'm still hopeful more people will join the effort to reshape the republican party.

What difference would it make, when the backroom slimeballs violate their own convention rules in order to stifle dissent? When they see too many Paulites raising hell, they simply turn off the microphone, or close the doors. The party bullshit has NOTHING to do with the will of the rank and file. It's a piece of performance art, designed to convince morons that they have a say in their government.

Rhys
06-23-2008, 09:24 AM
To me the plan has always been to save the GOP. The whole voting 3rd party thing is only cause McCain is sooooooo terrible. So, I'm voting big L this time, but I'm not joining the big L.

weslinder
06-23-2008, 09:30 AM
The best thing for the Republican brand will be 2 years of Democrats in power. The slaughter in November will open up even more room for new leadership in the Republican party, and if we take advantage, we will be able to elect ideologically pure candidates when the country's eyes are opened by two years of Progressivism.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
when the country's eyes are opened by two years of Progressivism.

Huh?

We've had nearly 100 years of progressivism. Why do you think 2 more years will change opinions?

armstrong
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I agree with hollywood

Rhys
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Huh?

We've had nearly 100 years of progressivism. Why do you think 2 more years will change opinions?

because we're at a precipice. the economy is half cocked to collapse. whomever's in power will take the fall.

Rhys
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Uniting all the independent, non dictating parties will be the only way to take this country back.

It's time of the 2 dozen parties to put there differences aside and unite to a majority... then we can finally have CHANGE.

how do we unite the constitution party, who likes the constitution, with the green party who doesn't care one bit about the constitution, because it was written on paper and had to kill a tree? what kind of change do you want? real change for the better, or just something different?

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 10:04 AM
how do we unite the constitution party, who likes the constitution, with the green party who doesn't care one bit about the constitution, because it was written on paper and had to kill a tree? what kind of change do you want? real change for the better, or just something different?

ron paul's platform already does this. I know so many independents,democrats and lp/cp and republicans just waiting for ron paul's PLATFORM. the problem wasn't ron paul,it was the fact he was a member of the republican party. The brand republican isn't worth crap literally. Most outside of the scarlet letter "R" didn't want the crap to get on them,the main reason ron paul's message didnt sell is the corrupt gop/mccain people and the R next to his name. Time to make a New Brand. I'm not sure the R brand is even worth buying anymore. your better off buying crap...

aravoth
06-23-2008, 10:08 AM
We need to seriously reconsider the idea of taking back the Republican Party from the Neo-Conservatives. The Republicans and the Democrats have all the power in the American political system so why not take the power back the same way they took the power from us. It will be a tough battle because no one wants lose power, but it's nearly impossible to create a new power. The reality is we have a two party system so the battlefield is within that two party system.

The Libertarians and Constitutionists need to re-integrate back into the Republican party and take it back. We'll force the Neo-Conservatives to create their own party and be powerless.

Those two parties are nothing but a distraction anyway. Had those two groups teamed up and got in the GOP, they could have fixed things years and years ago. And they would actually win elections, and their ideas would be mainstream. It wouldn't have that cool, militant, revolutionary, "I think for myself and no one else does" flare to it anymore, but at least my Great Grand kids wouldn't be sold into bankruptcy and economic slavery.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 10:13 AM
with the green party who doesn't care one bit about the constitution, because it was written on paper and had to kill a tree?

The constitution is written on parchment, which is made from animal skin. No trees harmed.

PETA might be pissed though.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
As long as the MSM is controlled by the same people who control the two major parties, third parties are just spinning their wheels. The only way we will ultimately be successful is from within.

G-Wohl
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM

Parties rise and fall all the time throughout our country's history. The GOP used to be the minority, rose to power, and is now deteriorating. This is the LP's opportunity to become a major player in the political arena. Giving this opportunity up would be asinine!

FrankRep
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Parties rise and fall all the time throughout our country's history. The GOP used to be the minority, rose to power, and is now deteriorating. This is the LP's opportunity to become a major player in the political arena. Giving this opportunity up would be asinine!

Lets see how well they do in this election. That will determine the best plan of action.

TastyWheat
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree with the thread-starter. The GOP has a pretty good foundation, they just need to start practicing what they preach. Some of them can be changed but others (the very complacent career Republicans) will just have to be waited out.

fr33domfightr
06-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I agree with the thread-starter. The GOP has a pretty good foundation, they just need to start practicing what they preach. Some of them can be changed but others (the very complacent career Republicans) will just have to be waited out.

I just wanted to say, I like your screen name. It's kinda kewl.

FF

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-24-2008, 03:08 AM
If the Libertarians and Constitutionists do poorly this election cycle ... We need to seriously reconsider the idea of taking back the Republican Party from the Neo-Conservatives.

I won't vote libertarian because they nominated a non-libertarian. If the libertarians do well, it just means they're being taken over by non-libertarians. It's beyond me how they could nominate someone with Barr's track record. The guy has done almost nothing for the cause of liberty, and has done many, many things to harm it.

If that's how it's going to be, you're right. Might as well take over the party with the most followers. They lapped up that McCain kool aid, so of course they'd support something smarter if placed in front of them by a shepherd.

Truth Warrior
06-24-2008, 04:41 AM
If the Libertarians and Constitutionists do poorly this election cycle …

What do you mean, If? :D

Is the "state" ANY smaller as a result of ALL of YOUR historic "political" efforts COMBINED? :p

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"