PDA

View Full Version : McCain v Ron Paul: To Journalists

Rhys
06-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Since so many fken journalists read this forum, this is to you.

McCain is down 15 points already, with no money, supporters and a party which is seen as war-mongering, even by a ton of republicans.

Yesterday an Obama canvaser asked if I'd like to canvas. I've never seen a McCain canvaser, nor ever asked if I'd like to canvas for McCain. I don't think McCain has any volunteers.

So my question is, who's spoiling McCain in November, Ron Paul or John McCain?

My guess is McCain loses by 15-35 points. We couldn't possibly spoil that! That's such a gigantic loss. The President has a 27% approval rating, McCain campaigns on his same platform, and you want to set US up for the Nader fall?

My ass. We'll see you in the realm of public opinion, at high noon. Bring your guns.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
So my question is, who's spoiling McCain in November, Ron Paul or John McCain?

My guess is McCain loses by 15-35 points. We couldn't possibly spoil that! That's such a gigantic loss. The President has a 27% approval rating, McCain campaigns on his same platform, and you want to set US up for the Nader fall?

My ass. We'll see you in the realm of public opinion, at high noon. Bring your guns.

I think you have it all wrong. Paul supporters SHOULD be claiming the mantle of McSame spoilers. We may not have the numbers or media lickspittles to put our guy in office, but if we assert that we are responsible for crushing the GOP stooge, that gives us political power.

The GOP machine is not going to embrace the Constitution because they think we're all good little republicans lining up behind McSame. But they might change their ways if we reject their platform and nominee.

armstrong
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
The time is right for a 3rd party candidate to win----wow---

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I think you have it all wrong. Paul supporters SHOULD be claiming the mantle of McSame spoilers. We may not have the numbers or media lickspittles to put our guy in office, but if we assert that we are responsible for crushing the GOP stooge, that gives us political power.

The GOP machine is not going to embrace the Constitution because they think we're all good little republicans lining up behind McSame. But they might change their ways if we reject their platform and nominee.

word;)

The time is right for a 3rd party candidate to win----wow---

I smell a new party that crosses all platforms and unites lp/cp/republicans/democrats and even independents, either way the gop is becoming a dying breed,the name brand R has become the scarlet letter....... open the door or slam it shut.... it's up to us to change this country..

armstrong
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I so wish the republican party would wake up or a 3rd party candidate would show up to challenge Obama or Mcain on real issues as we know what they are. and talk substance. geez who has been doing that----duh

pinkmandy
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
If we had REAL journalists who covered REAL issues our country would ________________________ ! (fill in the blank)

Gotta run, they're covering Nick Hogan on CNN right now....can't miss that. And OMG! Jamie Spears had a baby! Is she too young or what? There are 17 pregnant girls in Massachusetts! It's all her fault. :rolleyes:

armstrong
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
yea

SeanEdwards
06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I need to hear more about the teenage girl pregnancy club. This is important news.

pinkmandy
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I need to hear more about the teenage girl pregnancy club. This is important news.

Stay tuned. That's coming up after the segment on fist bumps, head scarves, and Michelle Obama's new attitude.

acptulsa
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Stay tuned.

Are they really trying to get us to stay tuned? Or do they want us to stay tuned out?

pinkmandy
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Are they really trying to get us to stay tuned? Or do they want us to stay tuned out?

Are you tuned into the matrix or tuned out? I guess it's how you look at it. :D

torchbearer
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM

To stay tuned to those things that tune us out.

speciallyblend
06-23-2008, 09:51 AM
If we had REAL journalists who covered REAL issues our country would ________________________ ! (fill in the blank)

Gotta run, they're covering Nick Hogan on CNN right now....can't miss that. And OMG! Jamie Spears had a baby! Is she too young or what? There are 17 pregnant girls in Massachusetts! It's all her fault. :rolleyes:

i hear you on jamie spears,but as my wife says,better for her to be brave and have the baby,then bragging or deny that she had an abortion. If your gonna choose to have sex ,they need to teach women/men,that was their choice and it takes 2 to have a baby, and it is not a new concept that babys come from sex,not storks:) i am pro-life and i agree a woman/man has a choice not to have sex(protected sex,risk there as well),but if she/he chooses to have sex,then she/he chooses the responsibilty of having a baby. i understand a woman's right to choose,but geez stop having sex if you do not want a baby or live up to your choice and stop having abortions as a birth control and start understanding how baby's are made(note babies do not come from storks) once we educate women/men that having sex can cause babys ,we might just solve some of the problems... can we abort adults yets?????(sarcasm)

probably just opened a can of worms but it needs opening