PDA

View Full Version : Make your own Campaign for Liberty signs

Mahkato
06-22-2008, 11:26 PM
We promoted the CfL in a small-town parade again today (passing out literature (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142905)), and we made a big 2' x 4' sign of the current Campaign for Liberty logo to carry in the parade, among other signs. I enlarged the official logo by printing it out tiled on 9 sheets of paper. Then my wife traced the logo and painted it:

http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/wiki/images/c/c8/MakingCfLsign.jpg

And then we taped the paper over a Ron Paul campaign sign:

http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/wiki/images/5/50/HoldingCfLsign.jpg

I think it turned out very well! There were eight adults and five kids in our unit in the parade, with a nicely decorated truck carrying additional signs and the CfL web address. It was a pretty small parade, but we still passed out about 500 pieces of literature, with some flag stickers for the kids attached to each piece.

If you'd like to download the tiled version of the logo, click here (http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/wiki/images/d/d7/CfL_logo_tiled.zip) (4 MB .zip of the .psd and .jpg).

One interesting thing I noticed when working with the logo is that it's actually just a couple of standard Windows fonts, with the same little curlicue thingy pasted in 4 or 5 times in the background.

luaPnoR
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Your wife is pretty cute... oh wait... that's me. :)

ronpaulhawaii
06-22-2008, 11:34 PM
WOW! Great Job guys, :)

and welcome to the forum, luaPnoR

luaPnoR
06-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks! I've been here awhile and I read the threads about everyday, I just don't post much. :p The sign took me about 2 hours and the paint fumes made my head funny.;)

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-22-2008, 11:58 PM
That really is an excellent sign. Maybe someone will be able to mass produce and market some cardboard campaign-style signs later on? I also wonder if they might be exempt from ordinances about leaving them up for a long time. As long as the CFL doesn't become an official PAC, they wouldn't really be "political signs" in the same sense that signs for candidates are. In fact, I remember seeing both pro and anti war signs up for a long time following the invasion of Iraq.

Mahkato
06-23-2008, 08:21 AM
That really is an excellent sign. Maybe someone will be able to mass produce and market some cardboard campaign-style signs later on? I also wonder if they might be exempt from ordinances about leaving them up for a long time. As long as the CFL doesn't become an official PAC, they wouldn't really be "political signs" in the same sense that signs for candidates are. In fact, I remember seeing both pro and anti war signs up for a long time following the invasion of Iraq.

I'm sure someone will be producing signs pretty soon, but parade season is an excellent time to reach thousands of people with little effort and cost, so we ain't waiting!

jake
06-23-2008, 08:27 AM
incredible. with only a 1% response rate, that's 5 new people who have joined the campaign for liberty, plus all that bonus awareness.. :D

raystone
06-23-2008, 08:35 AM
looks great !

sidster
06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Your wife is pretty cute... oh wait... that's me. :)

!ylecin detnirp ti erofereht ,noituloser
rehgih ta flesruoy egami eht detaerc ylbaborp uoy dezilaer I tub
llew elacs t'nod scihparg pamtib ecnis segde deggaj wohs thgim
detnirp neht degralne fi ngis eht taht gnikniht tsrif ta saw I

!uoy fo htob boj dooG .taerg kool seod ngis taht ...puy dnA

.ffuts ynnuf s'taht ....lol

Mahkato
06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I was at first thinking that the sign if enlarged then printed might show jagged edges since bitmap graphics don't scale well but I realized you probably created the image yourself at higher resolution, therefore it printed nicely!

Yeah, I didn't recreate the curlicues, just smoothed them out a bit; since it was just a guide for the tracing it didn't matter too much. The lettering I overlaid with text and then deleted the original.

sidster
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I didn't recreate the curlicues, just smoothed them out a bit; since it was just a guide for the tracing it didn't matter too much. The lettering I overlaid with text and then deleted the original.

I see. Looks great! Also thanks for the literatures link. I hadn't
seen that thread. I will try to make a bunch prints to hand out :D

qwerty
06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
AWESOME!

We should do same what we did with the "ron paul revolution signs"!!!

:cool:

qwerty
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Bump!

DeadtoSin
06-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, this is definitely happening. My girlfriend is a complete nut for that calligraphy style writing.

qwerty
06-25-2008, 07:02 AM
blimp!

SnappleLlama
06-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Perhaps someone can also create a simple CFL acronym design? That calligraphy has me shaking in my boots!

JKap
06-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Sweet! Now make your own Ron Paul Campagin for Liberty Money Bomb! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=144249)

luaPnoR
06-25-2008, 02:45 PM
That calligraphy has me shaking in my boots!

It is pretty isn't it!? I'm a sucker for Germanic/old English script...

Joseph Hart
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Do you have the CFL logo in vector form?

qwerty
06-26-2008, 12:33 AM
bump!

SnappleLlama
06-26-2008, 06:53 AM
It is pretty isn't it!? I'm a sucker for Germanic/old English script...

It's definitely pretty! I just don't think I can recreate it as well as you have!! :)

Mahkato
06-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Do you have the CFL logo in vector form?

No, sorry. I recreated the fonts themselves pretty closely, but the decorative stuff behind the C and the L I did not do. As I mentioned in the OP, those curlicues are actually all the same image, flipped around a few times. So if someone can track down the original of that, then we can get a pretty close rendition of the original logo. Maybe someone wants to take the .PSDs I did (download link in OP) and work on re-creating the curlicues.

It would be really nice of CfL to post the original on the site though.

Conza88
06-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Amazing, Amazing...! WOAH!

You should make a stencil, or there should be an official one from the campaign! People can buy it, say each meetup group and then ppl just pass it round...

Awesome tool!

Mahkato
07-03-2008, 09:37 PM
We made a second sign last night. Went a little faster this time. We're passing out more literature (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142905) in a parade tomorrow. Our parade unit will have a decorated truck and 20-foot trailer, and we'll have 15 or so adults (and 10+ kids) walking and/or riding. Yay CfL!

BudhaStalin
07-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Liberty is all right and all but I'm more of a freedom kind of guy :/ but hey, what can you do.

austin4paul
07-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I am moved to quote Wolf Blitzer....AMAZING....AMAZING!!!!!!

Mahkato
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Bump for those making signs for the rally.

Note ... you will NOT be able to bring signs into the Target Center.

David40
10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Oh my God that was a ton of work. I'm am impressed.

Bill M DC
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
That's just gorgeous!