PDA

View Full Version : Watched last episode of Jericho the other day.

Anti Federalist
06-22-2008, 10:43 PM
If you don't want to know how it turned out then stop reading now.:D

I was flabbergasted really that this show was even broadcast on network TV.

Massive government inside job, talk of the 2nd Amendment being eliminated under the con con of the new corrupt government, flying the Gadsden Flag, a whole army unit of the corrupt government turning down their arms and coming to support the people of the small town of Jericho.

Now, it has it's cheesy, soap opera qualities that any made for network TV series is going to have, but honestly, the writers and producers brought serious issues right to forefront, mentioned in great detail subjects that are plutonium to the powers that be, and also portrayed the gun toting, pulling together, self sufficient people of this town as the good guys for once.

Also more subtle, but still very much clear, that it was only with the return of "government" (in the form of belligerent army troops and Ravenwood aka Blackwater mercenaries) that the people, who had been doing fine by themselves, started to suffer under repression, food shortages and confiscations of critical items.

freelance
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
If you don't want to know how it turned out then stop reading now.:D

I was flabbergasted really that this show was even broadcast on network TV.

Massive government inside job, talk of the 2nd Amendment being eliminated under the con con of the new corrupt government, flying the Gadsden Flag, a whole army unit of the corrupt government turning down their arms and coming to support the people of the small town of Jericho.

Now, it has it's cheesy, soap opera qualities that any made for network TV series is going to have, but honestly, the writers and producers brought serious issues right to forefront, mentioned in great detail subjects that are plutonium to the powers that be, and also portrayed the gun toting, pulling together, self sufficient people of this town as the good guys for once.

Also more subtle, but still very much clear, that it was only with the return of "government" (in the form of belligerent army troops and Ravenwood aka Blackwater mercenaries) that the people, who had been doing fine by themselves, started to suffer under repression, food shortages and confiscations of critical items.

Could that be the reason for its sunset?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Jericho was an awesome program and I would love to see it go at least one more season. I was a bit suprised as well that they allowed the theme of the show to proceed like they did.

micahnelson
06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I liked it. It got a little stupid in parts, but I think it was the sort of thing that could change peoples minds on government contractors.

angelatc
06-23-2008, 11:23 AM
It was an awesome show. They cancelled it, but brought it back for another try when the fans launched a protest. Ratings were low, so they cancelled it again.

I am just glad they finished up the story.

Matt Collins
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
It was an awesome show. They cancelled it, but brought it back for another try when the fans launched a protest. Ratings were low, so they cancelled it again.

I am just glad they finished up the story.
The premise is great. I bet season 3 would be even more awesome than 2 if it were ever to come out.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I read somewhere not all that long ago that they are working on a Jericho movie with a lot of the same cast and the same writers.

Pericles
08-27-2010, 09:10 AM
.................., a whole army unit of the corrupt government turning down their arms and coming to support the people of the small town of Jericho.

The only good thing about all that velcro on the Army ACU, is that U.S. Army tag can come off really quick for replacement if it needs to.

Jeremy
08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
This was before the tea party, so the Gadsden flag wasn't so taboo.

VBRonPaulFan
08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
The premise is great. I bet season 3 would be even more awesome than 2 if it were ever to come out.

from what i had read, they did have plans for future episodes...but found out it was getting canned so threw together a quickly done final episode to wrap everything up for the fans.

Uriel999
08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
It was definitely one of the best shows I've ever watched. It was another great show I didn't discover until after it was canceled (I missed out on Firefly originally as well).

Matt Collins
08-27-2010, 09:26 AM
from what i had read, they did have plans for future episodes...but found out it was getting canned so threw together a quickly done final episode to wrap everything up for the fans.Yeah I feel shortchanged :(