PDA

View Full Version : What YOU can do right at this moment to ensure and help Nevada get a Reconvened Conve

Jdayh
06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Northern Nevada needs your help TODAY !!!!

Our most popular talk radio host Ira Hansen - AND admitted Ron Paul supporter - needs to hear from you TODAY! He is very sympathetic to our cause and talks, almost daily, about our convention situation.

There was a lot of talk yesterday and he only heard comments from "the other side". Not one call came in from the 6/28 folks and he aired is surprise and disappointment.

Admittedly, we were all at our Q & A / Strategy / Volunteer meeting at the same time so nobody was on hand to call in. (40+ attendees!). AND - there were A LOT of new faces joining the cause.

If you can take only two minutes, it would be amazing to send him a quick email saying why you have decided to invest the time, energy and money to attend the June 28th convention; or telling him why you support the convention and how important it is. One paragraph is all we need. He reads a lot of emails on the air each day.

irahansen@sbcglobal.net

If you're especially dedicated, the phone numbers are:

775-348-9910, 1-888-6FM-9910 - Call In Numbers

The show runs from 3 - 6 pm(that is PST)

We're asking only southern Nevada delegates or those who understand why the convention REALLY needs to reconvene to call in. This will really help our local delegates understand how important this is to the entire state, and the nation as a whole. We must rally as many locals as possible as they are our strongest base to attend on 6/28.

We have only 9 days before convention day, help us get the word out!
HERE IS HIS WEBSITES FOR HIS SHOW...

http://www.theirahansenshow.com/
http://www.991fmtalk.com/991-schedule.htm
http://www.991fmtalk.com/index.htm to listen online...

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT ARE OUT THERE THAT WANT TO HELP MAKE THIS CONVENTION A REALITY!!!! and yes this is for the first state that will elect possibly 30 delegates for Ron Paul!!! and be the FIRST STATE THAT HE CAN COUNT AS A WON STATE!!!!

Jdayh
06-24-2008, 06:04 AM
just wondering...

pauletteNV
06-24-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm sure some of your are growing weary of the bumps for the Nevada topics, but you must remember, we are but a few days away from the Delegates Convention. A success here could throw the R3volution right in the faces of those smugly smirking GOP politicans. We've had some disappointments in other states, unfortunately, and Nevada is not a success story yet. We can make it so, if we all jump on the bandwagon the next few days and make our voices heard. This simply is important and we need everyone making a contribution, time or money, or both :-) as we have for other events in other states. PULL!

SnappleLlama
06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm sure some of your are growing weary of the bumps for the Nevada topics, but you must remember, we are but a few days away from the Delegates Convention. A success here could throw the R3volution right in the faces of those smugly smirking GOP politicans. We've had some disappointments in other states, unfortunately, and Nevada is not a success story yet. We can make it so, if we all jump on the bandwagon the next few days and make our voices heard. This simply is important and we need everyone making a contribution, time or money, or both :-) as we have for other events in other states. PULL!

I am definitely not weary of the Nevada posts...I think it's an awesome chance for the Revolution, and I'm pulling for you guys! I wish PA had the same situation. Please, please, PLEASE win some delegates for RP!!!

pauletteNV
06-24-2008, 08:16 AM
We Nevadans really appreciate your support! There is so much going on here to insure that we get this convention...I am simply amazed by the energy and focus in this state and what we are trying to accomplish. We Have Got to do this. The roadblocks "they" are throwing are significant.

I heard Brian Kominsky mention on the broadcast last night from So. Nevada that the state GOP "money on the table" can even be affected by the outcome. Don't quote me, it is early yet, but you get the gist...it is like a reward system with money for the leadership for votes/delegates for their chosen one. Can you imagine? I have been so, so naive. I thought nominations and elections are in the control of the voters and that we are free to cast any vote we wanted. We have to change this folks. Really and one big "smash" might bring on more...Ron Paul is so right, we need to make changes within the current framework and restore our liberties. We aren't going to take it any more. I used to look down my nose at other countries whose election/voting systems were so obviously corrupted. Well, now I look down my nose and see us. Gee, can you tell I'm charged up? Onward.

libertarian4321
06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Given the way the Republican Party has treated Ron Paul and his supporters, I fully support the efforts in Nevada. If the Republicans wanted "unity", they should have played by the rules and treated all candidates equally.

puppetmaster
06-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Bump

Bruno
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Kick some Ass, Nevada!
This just out today in the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amanda-becker/nevada-ron-paul-supporter_b_108788.html
Bob Beers, the convention chairman, even then shook Paul's hand and congratulated him," said Carl Bunce, an elected delegate for Paul in CD3.

It was getting late as the convention waited for the results from the final district, but the bulk of the nearly 1,400 in attendance seemed prepared to wait it out.

Bunce says his brother was seated toward the front of the room and overheard a striking exchange pass between Republican Party Chairman Sue Lowden and Councilman Woodbury. Lowden reportedly heard an update from the 2nd Congressional District.

"After the person walked off, Sue sat there for about 30 seconds tapping her foot and then stood up and walked over to Councilman Woodbury, who was sitting in front of me. Leaning over, she said, 'If we can break Quorum, can we invalidate this?'" which is exactly how Richard Bunce wrote up the exchange on the Ron Paul website.

Cowlesy
06-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Mr. Hansen --- I am writing to support the effort of Nevada Republicans who, instead of sitting on the couch watching reality TV while eating cheetos, have stood up for the rest of their citizens nationwide in support of the political process. Let their success or failure be evidence of the Civics process in our great nation, and may it jolt other citizens into participating in a process for which American blood was shed just 220 years ago, but now less than half of the current citizenry will spend the time to participate in.

Yeah shitty english I know, but supports our fellow citizens.