PDA

View Full Version : Iowa: Instead of checkpoints, let's have "strike teams" break down every door!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok...

I read the whole checkpoint thread. (stayed up all night.)

Some of you think it's ok for the police (and/or military) to protect everyone from looters by using checkpoints and keeping citizens out.

What about this?

http://gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080615/NEWS/570880217/1002/NEWS

Should we ask for, allow, or tolerate the police and other "first responders" to break into every home looking for gas leaks while threatening anyone who disagrees?

That still ok with you guys? Let's hear how you defend the "strike teams." Be sure to watch the video.

Mesogen
06-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Well, lets set up neighborhood checkpoints using the residents of that neighborhood. If the police or military want to get in, they have to prove that they have a legitimate purpose.

JosephTheLibertarian
06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
looters are my constituency lol. if people can't protect their own property, then they shouldn't have it. someone that needs it more than you do will come and take it. looters are the vultures of the free market :P

angelatc
06-22-2008, 11:48 AM
looters are my constituency lol. if people can't protect their own property, then they shouldn't have it. someone that needs it more than you do will come and take it. looters are the vultures of the free market :P

Nonsense. Vultures prey on the dead. Blaming the victim for crime does not further the case for liberty.

Bruno
06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, lets set up neighborhood checkpoints using the residents of that neighborhood. If the police or military want to get in, they have to prove that they have a legitimate purpose.

Ha! I love that idea.

Who pays for the $1000 dollar atrium door destroyed in the photo on the front page? And notice how the article conveninently fails to mention any finds of gas leaks. What a waste of time, money, and infringment on people's property rights and civil liberties.

Just another phase of the police state. Move along, nothing to see here.

HOLLYWOOD
06-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Give Government an "INCH" and they WILL TAKE a 100 MILES!

History Repeats itself... but it is ALWAYS GOVERNMENT that TAKES.

remember that!

JosephTheLibertarian
06-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Nonsense. Vultures prey on the dead. Blaming the victim for crime does not further the case for liberty.

well, they're brave enough to weather the disaster over here...

hurricane katrina looters were pretty brave

Anti Federalist
06-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Wonder how many people will have warrants issued against them when these JBTs find "contraband"?

Anti Federalist
06-22-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143805

JosephTheLibertarian
06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
"first responders" should be shot as they attempt to enter

devil21
06-22-2008, 03:13 PM
The video says that the neighborhood they were busting into had water up to the car engine just a few days ago, yet that place appears 100% dry, no water lines on houses (look at Katrina pics for what I mean), nothing to show there was any flooding in that neighborhood. Looks to me like a whole lot of illegal searches and breaking and entering crimes by the "Strike Teams".

Anti Federalist
06-22-2008, 03:48 PM
The video says that the neighborhood they were busting into had water up to the car engine just a few days ago, yet that place appears 100% dry, no water lines on houses (look at Katrina pics for what I mean), nothing to show there was any flooding in that neighborhood. Looks to me like a whole lot of illegal searches and breaking and entering crimes by the "Strike Teams".

Good find!

Yeah, where are the "scum lines" on the houses indicating the water level?

2orb
06-22-2008, 08:59 PM
The local Gas Company should be the one checking for leaks. All gas could have been (and probably was) shut off at the curb box or meter OUTSIDE of each house. It's not as if there was no warning. Preparations should have been made in advance of the flood waters rising.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Nobody? Nobody at all?

So many of you were praising these same people a bit ago for depriving people of their property.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143205

"blah blah blah, keep them out for safety and to stop looters."

I hope some of you are learning something.