PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Please verify!! Are FEDERAL RESERVE members moving to an underground bunker??

Falseflagop
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/08/fed-something-big-is-going-to-happen.html

Is this a BS story or is it legit especially with all the credit turmoil and the fact an army divison was summons to protect DC?

Anyone have any thoughts? TIA I do not what to make of these stories.

Electric Church
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
i don't know ...I checked out the Fed website and they do seem to have a couple of meetings scheduled in Jackson Hole but it doesn't mention anything about a "C.O.G." facility on their website

born2drv
08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Someone out there is making a huge bet that the economy is going to tank.... or are they? I agree with you there is a gigantic trade out there still looming over the market .... is this what you're talking about?...........If the bet is being placed for the wrong reason it could spell some real trouble for our economy....

there's a whole thread about it here:
http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=4669

There are some people who are theorizing that a very large hedge fund is trying to figure out a creative way of unloading it's shares in the form of options to prevent the stocks from crashing and also raising a lot of quick capital in the meantime.

Whatever is going on, one thing is for sure and someone is really panicking about this market. If the trade is legit then someone is going to make billions of dollars betting that our stock market is going to lose 30+% in the next few months.

quickmike
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Someone out there is making a huge bet that the economy is going to tank.... or are they? I agree with you there is a gigantic trade out there still looming over the market .... is this what you're talking about?...........If the bet is being placed for the wrong reason it could spell some real trouble for our economy....

there's a whole thread about it here:

There are some people who are theorizing that a very large hedge fund is trying to figure out a creative way of unloading it's shares in the form of options to prevent the stocks from crashing and also raising a lot of quick capital in the meantime.

Whatever is going on, one thing is for sure and someone is really panicking about this market. If the trade is legit then someone is going to make billions of dollars betting that our stock market is going to lose 30+% in the next few months.

I betcha its Warren Buffet LOL

born2drv
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
some people on that website are all panicking and saying that china is going to unleash financial armageddon on us september 11, 2007 if we don't succomb to their will and back off on all our tough talk and sanctions.

and that by taking this position, they're also protecting their billions against depreciation.

who knows whats going to happen..... i'm buying some more gold though, just in case ;)

Johnnybags
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I'd like to see them move into one of coal mines out west. These guys just sealed the fate of middle America and noone knows it yet. In the days of old they wold be tarred and feathered or hung.

MicroBalrog
08-26-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm tagging this thread - just so we can laugh at this together in five weeks,when the economic collapse doesn't come.

Wyurm
08-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Those "liquidity injections" already doomed us no matter whether this is false panic or not. There has been alot of wierd verifiable activity going on lately. Dumping of gold into the market, liquidity injections, the stock market being kept afloat despite obvious crash indications just to name a few. Ron Paul even said he feared a situation worse than '79 - '80. I'm not trying to spread fear. But, its always good to be aware of when the bridge will fall out from under you so you can get off it.

mdh
08-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see them move into one of coal mines out west. These guys just sealed the fate of middle America and noone knows it yet. In the days of old they wold be tarred and feathered or hung.

Hanged.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I just wanted to say that in especially these times, it is so refreshing to be around some people that have a clue. I think you know what I mean.

kylejack
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Take a deep breath, they meet in Jackson Hole WY every year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/24/AR2005082401707.html

born2drv
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm tagging this thread - just so we can laugh at this together in five weeks,when the economic collapse doesn't come.

But what if it did??? Could you imagine the instant GENIUS ROCK STAR STATUS that Ron Paul would get???

First he's right on the War in Iraq
Next he's right on the Fed manipulating our economy and monetary system

It would automatically catapult him in the #1 spot

Maybe the Chinese are all betting Ron Paul in the internet gambling sites too pushing up his odds ;)

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
But what if it did??? Could you imagine the instant GENIUS ROCK STAR STATUS that Ron Paul would get???

Maybe the Chinese are all betting Ron Paul in the internet gambling sites too pushing up his odds ;)

Do you think that many people have actually heard him talk about the economy? For the few that even know who he is, it seems to me that the whole Iraq deal has been the priority thus far.

RonTaylor
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I can find NOTHING that says there is a "CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT" facility in Jackson Hole. See for yourself.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Jackson+Hole%22+%22CONTINUITY+OF+GOVER NMENT%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=30&sa=N

Even if this is a top secret facility . . . how do you know about it and there is no other trace of it on the internet? A hand written chain letter?

I did find at least one report (page 16 footnote) that shows there have been other economic talks in Jackson Hole before.
http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/08/fed-something-big-is-going-to-happen.html

I did find a few articles talking about Bush and Cheney vacationing there. I can imagine this is where the suspicion that Jackson Hole has a COG facility came from. It could just be a nice place to vacation. They are destroying our freedoms, but they are not robots and like to relax on vacation.

born2drv
08-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Do you think that many people have actually heard him talk about the economy? For the few that even know who he is, it seems to me that the whole Iraq deal has been the priority thus far.

Of course not... I bet you if you asked them they wouldn't even know who prints our money, what the core rate of inflation or consumer price index is, how that's being manipulated, etc, etc...

I bet you if you asked 1000 random people on the street what the price of oil per barrel is maybe 7-8 would know... and I bet you if you asked them what the price of gold is maybe 1-2.

Electric Church
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
They are destroying our freedoms, but they are not robots and like to relax on vacation.

Ya...it's a lot of hard work to destroy a nation like America

EvilEngineer
08-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Seriously if this happens any time before Ron Paul is put into office, there will be no 2008 election. Emperor Bush will use any excuse to exercise the NUMEROUS executive orders to "restore peace" and suspend all of our rights, even to an election. I'm just hoping that the next year can go by uneventful so that the election can actually take place, and if anything does happen we need a MOB of free media on the scene reporting everything and not just the spin they want us to believe.

surf
08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
anyone remember the Y2K "bunker" they set-up? i do, i had to cut a trip back from a bowl game in San Diego to ensure that our investment portfolio didn't... i don't know what.

ecliptic
08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
According to Sister Adriana-Maria, Madame Blavatsky in 1877 foresaw the catastrophic volcanic explosion of the Island of Krakatoa, and which exploded with such force that it is believed to have been the loudest sound in recorded history, and which occurred on August 27, 1883.

But, not only did Madame Blavatsky foresee the 1883 Krakatoa event, she ‘looked’ further into the future, 130 years to be exact, to the year of 2007, and the date of August 27th, and which she ‘foresaw’ and even greater event which in her decoded cipher described as ‘…never before have these [humans] seen such horror and destruction’. (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1030.htm)

What does it mean? Here's a wild guess - it means Poppy Bush has another Trilateral false-flag op lined up for Hans Kolvenbach and his P.I.L.G.R.I.M.S. (http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_may05_pilgrims.htm) minions.

It means that martial law is the only way out for the Bush regime.

Kregener
08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
So if a collapse happens in 6 weeks, we can all get together for a big belly laugh too, right Microbalrog?

richard1984
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Ya...it's a lot of hard work to destroy a nation like America

Haha! You got that right. Funny how they're going to FAIL!!

cjhowe
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Is it a requirement that all sites that spread information a al Alex Jonesesque disobey every concept of typography and color scheme? That was painful.

inibo
08-26-2007, 11:12 PM
According to Sister Adriana-Maria, Madame Blavatsky in 1877 foresaw the catastrophic volcanic explosion of the Island of Krakatoa, and which exploded with such force that it is believed to have been the loudest sound in recorded history, and which occurred on August 27, 1883.

But, not only did Madame Blavatsky foresee the 1883 Krakatoa event, she ‘looked’ further into the future, 130 years to be exact, to the year of 2007, and the date of August 27th, and which she ‘foresaw’ and even greater event which in her decoded cipher described as ‘…never before have these [humans] seen such horror and destruction’.

Please tell me you are joking when you quote some one who says H. P. Blavatsky predicted the end of the world is just around the corner.

In her report titled "Astrological Algorithms Contained In Isis Unveiled", Sister Adriana-Maria states her discovery of a polyalphabetic cipher contained in Madame Blavatsky’s 1877 book, Isis Unveiled, that seemingly points to an horrific cataclysmic event occurring during this weekends Triple Conjunction of the Sun, Venus and Saturn.

Cause if you are serious I'm going back to the O.T.O. At least they know they are full of $hit.

ksuguy
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Maybe they just want to visit the town where the last part of the film Anywhich Way You Can was filmed?

Truly a classic piece of cinema.

ecliptic
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Please tell me you are joking when you quote some one who says H. P. Blavatsky predicted the end of the world is just around the corner.
Cause if you are serious I'm going back to the O.T.O. At least they know they are full of $hit.

Stick around... We'll find out tomorrow, won't we?

MicroBalrog
08-26-2007, 11:23 PM

But, not only did Madame Blavatsky foresee the 1883 Krakatoa event, she ‘looked’ further into the future, 130 years to be exact, to the year of 2007, and the date of August 27th, and which she ‘foresaw’ and even greater event which in her decoded cipher described as ‘…never before have these [humans] seen such horror and destruction’. (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1030.htm)

What does it mean? Here's a wild guess - it means Poppy Bush has another Trilateral false-flag op lined up for Hans Kolvenbach and his P.I.L.G.R.I.M.S. (http://www.silver-investor.com/charlessavoie/cs_may05_pilgrims.htm) minions.

It means that martial law is the only way out for the Bush regime.

I quote this so I can talk to you about it on the 28th. :)

american.swan
08-26-2007, 11:25 PM
If they are moving to an underground bunker, who built the bunker? We did. It's a military bunker. For military and cold war defense. Why is our military allowing the FED to use our bunker? Not surprising at all, if it's true.

My brother told me after he got out of the army that there is a bunker built for the President if there is a war. I think I still remember where it is.

Wyurm
08-26-2007, 11:35 PM
They built quite a few of these, there's one in West Virginia underneath a hotel. The Greenbier Hotel I believe. They build and stock them till they are discovered. Once discovered they seem to pretty much discard them. I think they even give tours of the one in WV if I am not mistaken. Calling it a relic of the Cold War.

MadEmperor
08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Alot of these bomb shelters have been sold to private entities or used for other public services (public schools ect)

Hook
08-26-2007, 11:45 PM
No one has a crystal ball that actually works. So don't worry that tomorrow is the end of the world. People that live like that never really live at all because they are in perpetual fear.
As far as investments are concerned, I highly recommend "Fail Safe Investing" by Harry Browne. He basically says to keep 25% in Gold/Silver, 25% in Stocks, 25% in Bonds, and 25% in cash. That way no matter what happens, you get the average rate of return of the market. Whether you are in a recession, depression, inflation, or bull market.

surf
08-26-2007, 11:53 PM
i spoke of a "Y2K bunker" but should have written "Y2K war room" or something similar. talk about a scam - we had to jump through thousands of hoops (i had to get verification that Bloombergs system were "compliant"). Much of directed from the Fed if i remember correctly.

This whole Jackson Hole thing has always stunk - just as the concept that the Fed can hold private meetings to discuss how they'll f#ck with the US economy (or certain sectors thereof) is appalling. The bond and stock markets wait with anticipation for the 2:15 EST release of a statement that may read "deflation remains a threat in the technology sector...." or something like that. 6-weeks later they will release cryptic minutes of the meeting.

The whole thing should be open. i've argued with brokers that they ought to have microphones in the bathrooms as well. most buy the myth that the Fed likes to spread regarding "the ability to have more open and honest conversations..." if they are not being recorded or some bs like that.

But - the concept of them being near the top of the protection list isn't absurd - though the reasoning behind it is, the thought of them preparing to do it now may be pushing it

Locke_rpr
08-27-2007, 12:01 AM
They built quite a few of these, there's one in West Virginia underneath a hotel. The Greenbier Hotel I believe. They build and stock them till they are discovered. Once discovered they seem to pretty much discard them. I think they even give tours of the one in WV if I am not mistaken. Calling it a relic of the Cold War.

Yeah, that's correct. I think they've built at least one more in WV though. It's not from a reliable source, but my friend owns a truckstop. Last summer he was telling me about a guy he talked to in there. The guy didn't give a location or anything of that nature, but says he does contract work for the government. He never knows if he is carrying something secret or if it is a decoy shipment, it could be either but they are always sealed containers he isn't allowed to open. Sometimes just 1 box strapped down in the middle of the box trailer. He was saying he did deliver to a place once that blew his mind though. He followed the directions, eventually turning into a dirt/gravel road and then ending in what looked like the end of a random logging road in the mountains. He calls and says WTF, and is told to just wait there. Shortly thereafter the side of the mountain opens up and in he goes. It could just be a tall tail by a bored trucker, but with WV's proximity to DC I wouldn't be surprized if it's legit either. It makes good tactical sense.

Hook
08-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, that's correct. I think they've built at least one more in WV though. It's not from a reliable source, but my friend owns a truckstop. Last summer he was telling me about a guy he talked to in there. The guy didn't give a location or anything of that nature, but says he does contract work for the government. He never knows if he is carrying something secret or if it is a decoy shipment, it could be either but they are always sealed containers he isn't allowed to open. Sometimes just 1 box strapped down in the middle of the box trailer. He was saying he did deliver to a place once that blew his mind though. He followed the directions, eventually turning into a dirt/gravel road and then ending in what looked like the end of a random logging road in the mountains. He calls and says WTF, and is told to just wait there. Shortly thereafter the side of the mountain opens up and in he goes. It could just be a tall tail by a bored trucker, but with WV's proximity to DC I wouldn't be surprized if it's legit either. It makes good tactical sense.

Sounds like one of those Area 51 stories. :) Google John Leer's "Cheshire Airstrip" story.

Locke_rpr
08-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Oh, and to the person who said that if the Fed had a bunker it would have to be military. They have all the money. They can pretty much do whatever they want. It could be directly under Graceland, furnished in nothing but the leather of near extinct (or now extinct) animals, and powered by generators that only run on tears. There's nothing anybody could do about it. That being said, I'm not going to worry about that or Armageddon until it actually starts happening.

G-khan
08-27-2007, 12:13 AM
HAL TURNER FRAUD ALERT!

HAL TURNER FRAUD ALERT!

Lying Hal made this sensational story up!

1) there IS no Continuity of Government facility in Jackson Hole.
2) B.S. Bernanke is simply giving a scheduled SPEECH at a retreat for rich men at Jackson Hole, sponsored by the FRB of Kansas City, NOT the FR BOG:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/calendar.htm

Original BULLSHIT post from Lying Hal's website:

Published 24 Aug 2007 updated 2019 HRS EDT
**** !!! URGENT !!! ****
FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD OF GOVERNORS MEETING TO TAKE PLACE AT "C.O.G." FACILITY IN JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING ON AUGUST 31!
C.O.G. STANDS FOR "CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT" AND IS A SUPER-HIGH-SECURITY, UNDERGROUND MILITARY INSTALLATION DESIGNED AS A SANCTUARY FOR GOVERNMENT IF THE U.S. IS HIT WITH NUKES OR SUFFERS OTHER CATASTROPHIC DISASTER

Why would the Fed Board of Governors decide to meet in such a place unless they KNOW something terribly huge is going to happen to the United States next month? This information on top of the stories below are unmistakable signals to us that something terrible is going to happen and the big shots already know it. . . . . .

Please spread the information on this web page along to every American so as many as possible know in advance that any "disaster" or "terrorist attack" or "economic collapse" was no suprise to our government. They clearly know something is going to happen and they are apparently going to let it happen.

We may be forced to grab-up members of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors BEFORE they get into the COG so they can be properly "dealt with" when whatever happens, happens. The only reason they would head into the COG is to hide from angry Americans.

My advice to the government and to the Bankers is simple: Come clean now. Tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothng but the truth right now, BEFORE disaster strikes so we can make rational decisions, make rational plans and get through it as smoothly as possible - even if there's no way to avoid it. HOWEVER, if you conceal what seems to be coming and you allow it to blind-side us, there won't be any place for any of you to hide. We will hunt you down and deal with you for concealing the truth and thus harming us worse.

Cached original at: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a (http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:3YS0ow_qauYJ:www.halturnershow.com/+halturner%2BFEDERAL+RESERVE+BOARD+OF+GOVERNORS+ME ETING+TO+TAKE+PLACE+AT+%22C.O.G.&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca&client=firefox-a)

Hook
08-27-2007, 12:29 AM
If the feds knew of an imminent attack, the FRB folks would be about #376 down on the list of people to save. Cheney, Bush, Clinton, etc. would be bunkered down first.

TruePatriot44
08-27-2007, 12:45 AM
We're probably going to attack Iran soon, thats why that person made the move on the stock market.

Wyurm
08-27-2007, 01:03 AM
It would be quiet. I strongly doubt we would know if any of the "elites" were to bunker down. As for this story. Now that I know its source, I don't give credit to it. However, this is a result of the multiple agendas thing. Its like seeing Joe go to Safeway to buy an orange the orange he buys was picked by a murderer, so you assume Joe had some connection with the murderer and that Safeway supports murderers. This makes neither Safeway or Joe innocent, but it doesn't make any sense to make connections like that.

I honestly believe that those in the know would be a severely slim group and not people that appear on TV. I doubt Bernake would be among those that would be protected. I also believe that the majority of our government actually believes they are doing what is best for us and best for America. I'm sure you've seen a parent spank a child and say "this hurts me more than it hurts you". Thats utter garbage, its not truthful or logical, but they still believe what they are saying. I really believe Bush thinks he has to attack Iran and that its non-negotiable. That he will not have fulfilled his duty if he doesn't attack. I believe this is of much much greater danger to America than our current financial situation.

Iraq didn't have enough friends, Iran on the other hand, isn't just going to sit and take it, they've already made serious strides to make sure they get the message of what is happening out. They want the world to know that the US attacked without provocation and that they did nothing to deserve it. Attacking Iran would (will) be the worst PR disaster in America's history. Furthermore, I see the Ministry of Truth gearing up to rally support for the upcomming war.

I see our finances in a shambles and our boarders completely unprotected. Our quality of products and services at an all time low, leading to a far lower quality of life. I see a welfare state being taken advantage of by people who are still nationals of other countries and propositions that we allow the government to take care of absolutely everyone in the US despite our horrid financial condition. I see our Commander in Chief acting like a child playing a game with the military while the Vice President sucks profits off these wars like there is no tomorrow. I see other members of the administration showering fear on people and quitting when they can lie no more. Rove quitting was like Satan saying he has to leave due to too much sin. A strong indicator of real serious problems. There are so many red flags going up everyday I lose track of them all.

I've reached the point where now I no longer care about specific small incidents, Rome didn't fall because of one thing it fell because it ate itself from within. It fell because it ended its own existance. If you open all the doors to your house in D.C. don't be suprised when you get robbed. If you weaken all the defenses of the US don't be suprised if it falls. We won't have the money to defend ourselves, the trained troops to defend ourselves, the boarder security to defend ourselves, all we have left is nukes. Do we even know what state of repair those are in?

Now, don't dispair. I've commited myself to a campaign that involves a man who defies odds on a regular basis. He stands up even when no other person is willing to stand with him. He cares about us and he is in the midst of the very government that is trying to tear us to shreds. Ron Paul is our knight in shining armor and I sincerely believe that if there is any hope at all for America, it is all within Ron Paul. We must do everything we can to make sure he gets to the Whitehouse so he has the chance to do what he says he wants to do. Ron Paul really is hope for all of us, and no matter what, Ron Paul is MY President.

sunny
08-27-2007, 01:22 AM

it's name is Mount Weather and it does exist.......look it up for yourself!

Revolution9
08-27-2007, 01:41 AM
A non-stop series of trucks each packed with 40,000 lbs. of MREs, are being hauled into deep, limestone caves near Marengo, Indiana. The trucking company has a contract with the military (not FEMA) to deliver these shipments every day for an entire month. In fact, the MRE suppliers are supplying no one else during this period. These caves are taking everything they've got! Marengo is a small town of 829 people. This suggest the military is aware of and prepping for something extreme and always been a rumor of an underground base in the area.

--a sighting from a local in the area..

Randy

Revolution9
08-27-2007, 01:43 AM
ANOTHER HUGE SALE OF OPTION CONTRACTS

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:43:25 GMT

Good Morning Everyone,

OTHER THAN THE EXPECTED FINANCIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS, ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE
AS TO WHAT THESE 'INVESTORS' ARE EXPECTING?

THEY DID IT AGAIN. . . . ANOTHER HUGE SALE OF OPTION CONTRACTS ON $4.5
BILLION WORTH OF STOCKS BETTING THE MARKET WILL LOSE 30%-50% OF ITS
VALUE IN FOUR WEEKS!

THIS SALE ON THE SPY.X AND THE ONE FROM YESTERDAY ON THE SPY.Y
(MENTIONED TWO STORIES BELOW) ARE BEING REFERRED-TO BY FOLKS IN THE
MARKET AS "BIN LADEN TRADES" BECAUSE ONLY AN ACT OF TERRORISM AKIN TO
9-11 (WITHIN THE NEXT FOUR WEEKS) COULD MAKE THESE OPTIONS VALUABLE.

There are 65,000 contracts @ $750.00 for the SPX 700 calls for open
interest. That controls 6.5 million shares at $750 = $4.5 Billion. Not a
single trade. But quite a bit of $$ on a contract that is 700 points
away from current value. No one would buy that deep "in the money"
calls. No reason to. So if they were sold looks like someone betting on
massive dislocation. Lots of very strange option activity that I haven't
seen before.

The entity or individual offering these sales can only make money if the
market drops 30%-50% within the next four weeks. If the market does not
drop, the entity or individual involved stands to lose over $1 billion
just for engaging in these contracts!

Clearly, someone knows something big is going to happen BEFORE the options expire on Sept. 21.

THEORIES:
The following theories are being discussed widely within the stock and
options markets today regarding the enormous and very unusual activity
reported above and two stories below. Those theories are:

1) A massive terrorist attack is going to take place before Sept. 21 to
tank the markets, OR;
2) China, reeling over losing $10 Billion in bad loans to the sub-prime
mortgage collapse presently taking place, is going to dump US currency
and tank all of Capitalism with a Communist financial revolution.

Either scenario is bad and the clock is ticking. The drop-dead date of
these contracts is September 21. Whatever is going to happen MUST take
place between now and then or the folks involved in these contracts will
lose over $1 billion for having engaged in this activity.

-------------

"$1.78 Billion Bet that Stock Markets will crash by third week in September
Anonymous Stock Trader Sells 10K Contracts on EVERY S&P/Y "Strike"
Shorts Stocks "in the money" effectively selling all his SPY holdings
for cash up front without pressuring the market downward
This is an enormous and dangerous stock option activity. If it goes
right, the guy makes about $2 Billion. If he's wrong, his out of pocket
costs for buying these options will exceed $700 Million!!!

The entity who sold these contracts can only make money if the stock
market totally crashes by the third week in September.

Bear in mind that the last time anyone conducted such large and unusual
stock option trades (like this one) was in the weeks before the attacks
of September 11.

Back then, they bought huge numbers of PUTS on airline stocks in the
same airlines whose planes were involved in the September 11 attacks.
Despite knowing who made these trades, the Securities and Exchange
Commission NEVER revealed who made the unusual trades and no one was
ever publicly identified as being responsible for the trades which made
upwards of $50 million when the attacks happened.

The fact that this latest activity by a single entity gambles on a
complete collapse of the entire market by the third week in September,
seems to indicate someone knows something really huge is in the works
and they intend to profit almost $2 Billion within the next four weeks
from whatever happens! This is really worrisome."

more here: link to www.tickerforum.org

--from the archives

Revolution9
08-27-2007, 01:45 AM
S&P Depository Receipts (SPDRs, commonly referred to as spiders. Ticker symbol:
SPY) are an Exchange Traded Fund that was originally established to mimic the
movement of the S&P 500 Index.

SPDRs are traded on the American Stock Exchange and are priced at approximately
10% of the value of the cash S&P 500 Stock Index. At the close of business
today (24 August), the S&P 500 Index closed at 1479.37, up 16.87 points, while
SPY closed at 148.33, up 1.81 points.

There are two types of options: puts and calls. The buyer of a call option
holds the right but not the obligation to purchase an agreed upon number of the
underlying financial instrument or commodity from the option seller at a fixed
price during the option term.

The SPDR options in question are characterized by their identical volume totals
(10,000). They are deep, In-the-Money calls priced between 60 and 95. The
purchaser(s) paid a hefty premium to the option seller(s) to obtain the right
to purchase SPDRs at strike prices that are far below the current cash price of
the S&P 500.

To view a list of SPDR options by expiration date and strike price, log onto:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=SPY

An online search uncovered the following analysis of SPDRs written by Neal
Chabot in 1999:

There are three important points to make about the Spiders, which anyone who
trades short-term would and should know.

1. Spiders are priced off the CASH index. The big marketing push for Spiders
is toward those who are longer-term traders/investors in the index mutual
funds, not for short-term traders.

2. The spread in the Spiders is often at least 10 times that in the futures,
which makes it very difficult to successfully trade them short-term.

3. Spiders can be shorted on a downtick, which gives you an advantage that
you do not have in stocks. This advantage would be for both those who are
trying to trade Spiders short-term, as well as those longer-term traders who
are being panicked by a market freefall and would like to hedge positions.

http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/1999/msg06219.html

---

Here is additional information about the subject that can be found on George
Ure's website, UrbanSurvival.com:

I've been keeping track on the back of an envelope what the markets seem to be
telegraphing us about expected closing levels in September.

For example, on September 15th which I took my first reading on the Sept. S&P
options, the equilibrium point, where the long and short options balanced,
seemed to point at around 1,460-1,465 as the 'consensus' and the put to call
ratio was 1.4702. In other words, for each long/expecting markets to go up,
there were 1.4702 bets that the market would be going down.

Now, fast forward six trading days to the close of business Thursday/preopen
figures from this morning and let's see how the picture has changed, if at all:
Today, the equilibrium point has dropped to between 1435 and 1440. Also, the
put to call ratio has increased to 1.5162, meaning there are a few more people
taking the 'markets will drop' bet.

There has been some speculation on various message boards about what's going on
- some are suggesting that a Big Player knows the markets will be trashed in
September, while others look at this as a normal market action - because with
plenty of bears around, funds holding a lot of stock can sell puts and increase
their yield.

Part of me wants to believe that the action is nothing more than strong hands
selling off puts to hungry bears with the idea of fattening their portfolios.
But, the idea that a major Big Player has some inside information and is laying
in puts with a purpose hasn't escaped my attention, either. You might recall
that there were lots of puts laid on before 9/11 and as best I can recall, no
official investigation ever got to the bottom of who made money on that event.

Add to this, the idea that linguistically something is going to change the
world again starting about September 19th.

----from the archives

Randy

themanhere
08-27-2007, 03:09 AM

Yeah right you really think they would mention Ron Paul? HAHA. Hell no this is how it would go.......

Bushy would act as if nothing has happened or should i say a katrina for the first week until hes fully briefed and has a nice dont worry everything is ok speech written.

The News would run 27/7 coverage having on Officials, Market gurus, then Hillary, Obama, Mitt And Rudy Talking about a Ron Paul plan to fix it just leaving Ron Paul's name out.

It would just be another day in the spin zone.

*EDIT some of you guys worry too much.

OceanMachine7
08-27-2007, 06:48 AM
I didn't really read the article, but options like these are often used to hedge risk. Is it possible there's another, offsetting side of these trades we're not seeing?

Santana28
08-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Alberto Gonzales just resigned... his last day is Sept 15th.

Karl Rove resigned now supposedly because the White House Chief of Staff has told anyone that if they don't resign by "Labor Day" then they will be around the remainder of Bush's term. How could someone say that??

Something weird is definitely going on here.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
looks like our CONTROLLERS stand to make more MONEY on the next ATROCITY. let's see what happens before 09/21, SHALL WE?

Triton
08-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Threads like this are what make people think we are a bunch of whackos. This is quite irresponsible.

Santana28
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Threads like this are what make people think we are a bunch of whackos. This is quite irresponsible.

theres nothing irresponsible about making broad observations on things that have less a chance of being random coiincidence than otherwise...

the point is - keep your eyes open, and be aware of everything. theres nothing "whacko" about using your brain to make decisions for yourself based on the what you see for yourself.

Zydeco
08-27-2007, 07:08 PM

What does this mean?

cjhowe
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
S&P Depository Receipts (SPDRs, commonly referred to as spiders. Ticker symbol:
SPY) are an Exchange Traded Fund that was originally established to mimic the
movement of the S&P 500 Index.

SPDRs are traded on the American Stock Exchange and are priced at approximately
10% of the value of the cash S&P 500 Stock Index. At the close of business
today (24 August), the S&P 500 Index closed at 1479.37, up 16.87 points, while
SPY closed at 148.33, up 1.81 points.

There are two types of options: puts and calls. The buyer of a call option
holds the right but not the obligation to purchase an agreed upon number of the
underlying financial instrument or commodity from the option seller at a fixed
price during the option term.

The SPDR options in question are characterized by their identical volume totals
(10,000). They are deep, In-the-Money calls priced between 60 and 95. The
purchaser(s) paid a hefty premium to the option seller(s) to obtain the right
to purchase SPDRs at strike prices that are far below the current cash price of
the S&P 500.

To view a list of SPDR options by expiration date and strike price, log onto:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=SPY

An online search uncovered the following analysis of SPDRs written by Neal
Chabot in 1999:

There are three important points to make about the Spiders, which anyone who
trades short-term would and should know.

1. Spiders are priced off the CASH index. The big marketing push for Spiders
is toward those who are longer-term traders/investors in the index mutual
funds, not for short-term traders.

2. The spread in the Spiders is often at least 10 times that in the futures,
which makes it very difficult to successfully trade them short-term.

3. Spiders can be shorted on a downtick, which gives you an advantage that
you do not have in stocks. This advantage would be for both those who are
trying to trade Spiders short-term, as well as those longer-term traders who
are being panicked by a market freefall and would like to hedge positions.

http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/1999/msg06219.html

---

Here is additional information about the subject that can be found on George
Ure's website, UrbanSurvival.com:

I've been keeping track on the back of an envelope what the markets seem to be
telegraphing us about expected closing levels in September.

For example, on September 15th which I took my first reading on the Sept. S&P
options, the equilibrium point, where the long and short options balanced,
seemed to point at around 1,460-1,465 as the 'consensus' and the put to call
ratio was 1.4702. In other words, for each long/expecting markets to go up,
there were 1.4702 bets that the market would be going down.

Now, fast forward six trading days to the close of business Thursday/preopen
figures from this morning and let's see how the picture has changed, if at all:
Today, the equilibrium point has dropped to between 1435 and 1440. Also, the
put to call ratio has increased to 1.5162, meaning there are a few more people
taking the 'markets will drop' bet.

There has been some speculation on various message boards about what's going on
- some are suggesting that a Big Player knows the markets will be trashed in
September, while others look at this as a normal market action - because with
plenty of bears around, funds holding a lot of stock can sell puts and increase
their yield.

Part of me wants to believe that the action is nothing more than strong hands
selling off puts to hungry bears with the idea of fattening their portfolios.
But, the idea that a major Big Player has some inside information and is laying
in puts with a purpose hasn't escaped my attention, either. You might recall
that there were lots of puts laid on before 9/11 and as best I can recall, no
official investigation ever got to the bottom of who made money on that event.

----from the archives

Randy

Randy, take a finance class before popping off about the stock market. If you want to take a quick google style course, do a search on:
Black-Scholes option pricing
arbitrage
liquidity

Locke_rpr
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Not a very constructive post there, seems like you were just popping off there as well. (Like I am now :p ) They appear to be copy/pastes from another site. What's wrong with them? You seem to think they're bullocks but don't say why. I'd honestly like to know if there's bad info in there. How about some help next time? I've been on Yahoo and seen the volumes so I know the orders in question do exist. I guess the interpretation is what you have a problem with.

cjhowe
08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Not a very constructive post there, seems like you were just popping off there as well. (Like I am now :p ) They appear to be copy/pastes from another site. What's wrong with them? You seem to think they're bullocks but don't say why. I'd honestly like to know if there's bad info in there. How about some help next time? I've been on Yahoo and seen the volumes so I know the orders in question do exist. I guess the interpretation is what you have a problem with.

Using the Black-Scholes model to compute the options price (the de facto standard in options price modeling for about 30 years), ...

Strike price: 60.00
Spot price: 146.85
Maturity: Sept 30, 2007 (34 days?)
Volatility really doesn't play much into this because of the near certainty of exercising this call.

You end up with a price of $87.17.
Current Bid: $86.80
Current Ask: $87.30

Now, why might you have such volume in comparison to the other contracts while being so far "in the money"? I can't speak for the actual investors making the trade, but there is similar volume in the puts at the money line. This might suggest that people are covering their put options, hedging their hedge if you will. Additionally, certain funds place restrictions on how their portfolio is diversified. With the recent ups and downs of the market surrounding the sub-prime issue, investors may be simply moving to the safest place possible if their restrictions force them to be vested in options.

cjhowe
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
In addition, someone may have been using different models for their pricing and something may have appeared mispriced to one investor, so he took advantage of the arbitrage opportunity. You're right Randy copy and pasted something. The problem, like it is with most of the Alex Jones alarmist, is that they know nothing of what they're copying and pasting.

Locke_rpr
08-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks man. Much obliged.

OceanMachine7
08-28-2007, 06:18 AM
Using the Black-Scholes model to compute the options price (the de facto standard in options price modeling for about 30 years), ...

Strike price: 60.00
Spot price: 146.85
Maturity: Sept 30, 2007 (34 days?)
Volatility really doesn't play much into this because of the near certainty of exercising this call.

You end up with a price of $87.17.
Current Bid: $86.80
Current Ask: $87.30

Now, why might you have such volume in comparison to the other contracts while being so far "in the money"? I can't speak for the actual investors making the trade, but there is similar volume in the puts at the money line. This might suggest that people are covering their put options, hedging their hedge if you will. Additionally, certain funds place restrictions on how their portfolio is diversified. With the recent ups and downs of the market surrounding the sub-prime issue, investors may be simply moving to the safest place possible if their restrictions force them to be vested in options.

Thanks for looking at the numbers in-depth. This is what I was suggesting in my post.

Revolution9
08-28-2007, 10:50 AM
CJHowe//Please piss off with your pompous assumption. I posted that quote from a stock ticker site bozo.. If yer smarter than them start yer own site..

Clown

Randy

cjhowe
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
CJHowe//Please piss off with your pompous assumption. I posted that quote from a stock ticker site bozo.. If yer smarter than them start yer own site..

Clown

Randy

I couldn't compete with them unless I offered a new tinfoil hat for each registered user. With the runup in Aluminium pricing in the last 3-4 years, doesn't look to be a very good ROI.