PDA

View Full Version : #132 - Who to vote for in November

AlexMerced
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM
http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com

Ok,

I've talked to many people wondering who they should vote for in November since they can't get behind Mccain or Obama. This leaves 4 choices Mccinkey, Nader on the left, and Baldwin,Barr on the right.

First off, if you think Obama and Mccain are big government politicans, Mcckiney and Nader really take the cake. First off course they want a single payer healthcare plan, a carbon tax, plus think it's possible to truly regulate speculation of market prices.

This is what truly annoyed, speculation and it's effects on the market are function of human behavior and if you want to reduce it you need educated investors not representatives tied to a leash of extreme liability. Regulation kills the informed investor cause they become less informed cause it's regulated and they'll be fine, Uncle Sam is watching the details for them. As a securities law instructor it get's pretty frustrating.

It's funny how evolution is such a big issue on the left, yet they are not willing to natural selection occur for the human species and let nature take it's course opting for welfare programs and debt.

Now on the right we got Chuck Baldwin who I think just by virtue of being Christian minister is too polarizing a figure to truly built the coalition needed to make a statement about the liberty platform in November.

This is why I think the Barr/Root ticket is the best vehicle to unite and demonstrate our numbers, I trust Barr but it's not about him, he may do well but he's not going to win. It's about having a solid number to demonstrate to the establishment that we are growing and organizing.

They know there's a lot of us, but if we can't stay organized, we're no threat, and no concern.

Roxi
06-21-2008, 07:42 PM
i just can't vote for someone who stood AGAINST many of the things i believe in for their ENTIRE political career, until deciding to run for president this year, so he changed his platform all of a sudden... i might as well vote for romney

DeadtoSin
06-21-2008, 08:16 PM
So because someone is a religious figure, but says most if not all of the right things, people can't back him? Let's not say "Well the Constitution Party wants to do this and this", because Baldwin isn't the party. Just like Ron Paul isn't the Republican party, Ron Paul is a man with ideas.

Kotin
06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
at least Baldwin was a member of the Revolution before he was ever nominated.

he endorsed Ron Paul, he campaigned and wrote many articles on him.

all Bob Barr did was introduce Ron Paul at CPAC..

I will probably vote Barr. but Chuck Baldwin is a great man and a friend to Ron Paul and the Revolution.

Nirvikalpa
06-21-2008, 08:22 PM
So because someone is a religious figure, but says most if not all of the right things, people can't back him? Let's not say "Well the Constitution Party wants to do this and this", because Baldwin isn't the party. Just like Ron Paul isn't the Republican party, Ron Paul is a man with ideas.

QFT.

So him just being Christian AND a Pastor immediately made you cross him off your list? How very superficial. :rolleyes:

AlexMerced
06-22-2008, 08:49 AM
lol, know I didn't cross him off my list cause of that, if you read what I said, I said that will make him polarizing to other voters, I actually like Baldwin a lot.

Again, the goal is to demonstrate our numbers to the establishment, I've seen to many people who already dismiss Baldwin right awa due to those things, it's sad I agree. Although these are the things that got to be considered when taking on the establishment.

We arn't in a position to be saying we'll play the game without own rules, we have to play the game within the rules set out by those in power. Only within the rules can we dismantle the game.

I like Baldwin, he's a great asset to the cause, but he isn't a vehicle to create coalition Ron Paul had, neither is Barr but he's more capable of getting most of the coalition.

Again, I like baldwin but he's polarizing to a lot of the agnostic libertarian set which we need if we're gonna be strong enough to make a difference just as much as we need TRUE christian conservatives.

I'm just being realist, cause I want our efforts to be successful.

Conza88
06-22-2008, 08:56 AM
You really shouldn't perpetuate the false left - right paradigm...

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 09:08 AM
QFT.

So him just being Christian AND a Pastor immediately made you cross him off your list? How very superficial. :rolleyes:

You are very kind to refer to this person as only superficial.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 09:23 AM
You really shouldn't perpetuate the false left - right paradigm...

Very good. The American system is moderate. A+

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
We arn't in a position to be saying we'll play the game without own rules, we have to play the game within the rules set out by those in power. Only within the rules can we dismantle the game.

Our founding fathers didn't establish the people as "being" citizens by defeating a corrupt power with a greater corrupt power. They established the people as "citizens" on a greater power of the self evident truths and unalienable rights. When the people make the evil power of tyranny aware of this greater power, then evil tyranny behaves itself.
We don't have to "do" things as Americans. We need to focus on the Civil Purpose in the U.S. Constitution while ignoring the legal precedents which endanger it.

Conza88
06-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Very good. The American system is moderate. A+

Sorry to get your hopes up, Australian... ;)

SevenEyedJeff
06-22-2008, 09:41 AM
In Oklahoma the only two on the ballot are McCain and Obama. If I'm lucky they will have a write-in spot.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Sorry to get your hopes up, Australian... ;)

When America catches a cold, Australia develops cancer.

Conza88
06-22-2008, 09:50 AM
But the state of American politics is crucial to the Australian economy.
When America catches a cold, Australia develops cancer.

Hahah well yes. Hence the reason I am here. :D
If the US middle class goes, so does China's exports to the largest market in the world... a slow down in growth, and thus a slow down in purchases of our resources. Death to our boom. But then, that's just not it - the US FED and it's fken monopoly money is ruining the world. OPEC priced in US dollars is a disaster...

Ron Paul, oddly - is the cure for the common cold...

Unspun
06-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Our founding fathers didn't establish the people as "being" citizens by defeating a corrupt power with a greater corrupt power. They established the people as "citizens" on a greater power of the self evident truths and unalienable rights. When the people make the evil power of tyranny aware of this greater power, then evil tyranny behaves itself.
We don't have to "do" things as Americans. We need to focus on the Civil Purpose in the U.S. Constitution while ignoring the legal precedents which endanger it.

lol yup government should do whatever it is it wants as long as it's in the name of "our safety" or "for the good of the whole"... Doesn't surprise me considering you see nothing wrong with the FDR and Lincoln presidencies.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 11:29 AM
lol yup government should do whatever it is it wants as long as it's in the name of "our safety" or "for the good of the whole"... Doesn't surprise me considering you see nothing wrong with the FDR and Lincoln presidencies.

Sorry. I see nothing here to respond to.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Hahah well yes. Hence the reason I am here. :D
If the US middle class goes, so does China's exports to the largest market in the world... a slow down in growth, and thus a slow down in purchases of our resources. Death to our boom. But then, that's just not it - the US FED and it's fken monopoly money is ruining the world. OPEC priced in US dollars is a disaster...

Ron Paul, oddly - is the cure for the common cold...

A material agenda isn't going to solve the world's economic problem when the world's economic problems exist as a result of a material agenda. Our nation's wealth was created not as a result of a material agenda but as a result of a SOCIAL agenda hatched out in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

Truth Warrior
06-22-2008, 11:52 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/vote-for-nobody.jpg

NewFederalist
06-22-2008, 03:44 PM
In Oklahoma the only two on the ballot are McCain and Obama. If I'm lucky they will have a write-in spot.

OK is one of five states that do NOT permit write in votes. Sorry but you will only have the choice of McCain and Obama. I hope you can help energize your state legislature to make changes to the draconian election laws that make it all but impossible for minor party and independent candidates for president to appear on the ballot.

anaconda
06-22-2008, 03:56 PM
It is very important for all RP supporters to vote for someone other than McCain and Obama. If we can consolidate the vote it will make an even more dramatic statement. Barr's platform is close to RP's. So what if he changed his view of the role of government? People who join the Revolution often go through a cathartic change. Let's all get together on this and show the Republicans and Democrats that our votes went to a candidate that FAR BETTER represented our desired platform.

Having said this, if Ron Paul endorses a particular candidate, I think we should all rally behind him and vote for that particular candidate.