PDA

View Full Version : Changing Registration etc...

gagnonstudio
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone, pretty new here, but just wanted to ask a question, and throw out an idea. Not sure how extensively it has been discussed.

With all the material we pass out, we are definitely reaching a large amount of people. I am an independent, and just changed my voter registration to Republican so I can vote for Ron Paul in the primary. I was curious if anyone has been passing out voter registration cards, which would allow people to change their affiliation, or register for the first time. I know there are mail in registration forms, and you can do it online in some states. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to go pick up a bunch of voter registration cards at your town office, or DMV or wherever else you can get them. You can just tell the clerk that you are attending a rally or political event and will be passing out the registration cards to increase the vote, and they'll be happy to give you a stack. I know we will have the support we need when it comes voting time, we just need to make sure that support is registered republican (applies to most states).

I'm working on a simple DVD to pass around here in Maine, and will be including in the DVD that if they like Ron Paul's message, and want a government that works for us they need to register republican and vote in the Primary. I will be including voter registration cards with the DVD. Which makes it easy for them to fill out and just mail in. We should also try to include the date of the primary (if we know it), so people are completely informed.