PDA

View Full Version : Arizona bans REAL ID,

Anti Federalist
06-21-2008, 09:02 AM
There's a lot more to this, so follow along with me...

Gov. Napolitano Approves Prohibition on Real ID

Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano signed a bill today that prohibits the implementation of the REAL ID in Arizona. SB2677 received a Final vote of approval in the House last week by an overwhelming margin of 51 to 1. Napolitano’s signature was uncertain until today when she signed the bill into law.

“Corporations which specialize in selling identity cards stand to gain millions of dollars in profits if the Real ID Act is implemented,” said Johnson, “so, of course, they’re eager for everyone to be required to carry a National ID card everywhere they go.” Two of those corporations are Digimarc ID Systems and L-1 – the Number 1 and Number 2 companies for the manufacture of state driver’s licenses and identity cards. L-1 is considered the main driver behind the REAL ID and last year had nearly $100 million in federal contracts involving identity cards.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=034608

Now, it's important to know who L-1 Identity solutions is:

L-1 Identity Solutions (NYSE: ID) is the trusted provider of advanced technology products and solutions that protect and secure personal identities and assets.

Formed in 2006 from the merger of industry powerhouses Viisage and Identix, the L-1 Identity Solutions companies have a 20 year history of developing technologies to solve the world's most challenging identity-related problems. These include cutting-edge technologies and services from Integrated Biometric Technology, SecuriMetrics, and Iridian Technologies, to name a few.

What's even more important is to look at some of the people who run the company:

Admiral James M. Loy
Admiral James M. Loy joined the Viisage Board of Directors in 2006 and continued to serve through the company’s merger with Identix that formed L-1 Identity Solutions. Admiral Loy brings extensive leadership experience and a deep understanding of national security to his position on the Board. He served as Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security from December 2003 to March 2005. Prior to this nomination by President Bush in October 2003, Admiral Loy was appointed by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation to become the Deputy Undersecretary for the then newly-formed Transportation Security Administration. Admiral Loy led the agency through its creation and subsequent incorporation into the Department of Homeland Security.

Before entering public service, Admiral Loy served for 42 years in the U.S. Coast Guard, rising to the rank of Admiral and serving as the Commandant of the Coast Guard until 2002. He received many accommodations during his professional career, including the Distinguished Service Medal for the Department of Transportation, four Coast Guard Distinguished Service medals, a Defense Superior Service medal, and the Bronze Star with Combat "V," among others. He also received the NAACP Meritorious Service Award for 2000.

In addition to the Viisage Board, Admiral Loy also currently serves on the Board of Directors for Lockheed Martin.

James Loy was instrumental in pushing through the TWIC card program, a horribly intrusive, unnecessarily redundant, expensive ID card that EVERY transportation worker will have to comply with.

Interesting to note, when you pay for one of these bullshit cards, the payment goes directly to Lockheed Martin, not the Treasury, not DHS not NHTSB not USCG.

Here's another winner on L-1's board:

George J. Tenet served as a member of the Board of Directors of Viisage from December 2005 until it merged with Identix to become L-1 Identity Solutions in 2006. Mr. Tenet formerly served a seven-year term as Director of Central Intelligence for the United States.

Mr. Tenet’s seven-year term as the Director of Central Intelligence was the second-longest in U.S. history. He first served as Deputy Director of Central Intelligence from 1995-1997 until he became the 18th Director of Central Intelligence in July 1997, following a unanimous confirmation vote in the United States Senate. As Director, Mr. Tenet led the U.S. Intelligence Community – a team of 14 foreign intelligence organizations – and presided over the daily activities of one of its members, the Central Intelligence Agency. He served as the Director until 2004.

So here's the slut who, if the official story is to be believed, presided over the worst intelligence failure ever in this nation's history, now profiting from the fear and surveillance grid that he and his fellow spooks created.

Don't fucking' tell me we are not entering a high tech, corrupt police/surveillance state.

Dieseler
06-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Good stuff.
Thanks man.

Anti Federalist
06-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Good stuff.
Thanks man.

Welcome.

I was so bullshit pissed over that L-H payment receipt, I couldn't see straight.

I am currently exploring legal action against Loy personally for what amounts to "insider trading".

Anti Federalist
06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
bump, cuz this pisses me off.

lucius
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Well done--thanks!

newyearsrevolution08
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Bump for Liberty

Keep that fire alive

Great post and stay active

Bruno
06-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Three cheers for AZ!

Mach
06-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Anti Federalist, don't take this the wrong way but I like when you get pissed off. Thanks for the good news.

Did you ever think about YouTubing yourself to the World?

Arizona....... http://voiceoversavvy.com/images/smiles/icon_prost.gif

humanic
06-21-2008, 05:28 PM
“Corporations which specialize in selling identity cards stand to gain millions of dollars in profits if the Real ID Act is implemented,” said Johnson, “so, of course, they’re eager for everyone to be required to carry a National ID card everywhere they go.” Two of those corporations are Digimarc ID Systems and L-1 – the Number 1 and Number 2 companies for the manufacture of state driver’s licenses and identity cards. L-1 is considered the main driver behind the REAL ID and last year had nearly $100 million in federal contracts involving identity cards.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=034608

Now, it's important to know who L-1 Identity solutions is:

L-1 Identity Solutions (NYSE: ID) is the trusted provider of advanced technology products and solutions that protect and secure personal identities and assets.

Formed in 2006 from the merger of industry powerhouses Viisage and Identix, the L-1 Identity Solutions companies have a 20 year history of developing technologies to solve the world's most challenging identity-related problems. These include cutting-edge technologies and services from Integrated Biometric Technology, SecuriMetrics, and Iridian Technologies, to name a few.

What's even more important is to look at some of the people who run the company:

Admiral James M. Loy
Admiral James M. Loy joined the Viisage Board of Directors in 2006 and continued to serve through the company’s merger with Identix that formed L-1 Identity Solutions. Admiral Loy brings extensive leadership experience and a deep understanding of national security to his position on the Board. He served as Deputy Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security from December 2003 to March 2005. Prior to this nomination by President Bush in October 2003, Admiral Loy was appointed by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation to become the Deputy Undersecretary for the then newly-formed Transportation Security Administration. Admiral Loy led the agency through its creation and subsequent incorporation into the Department of Homeland Security.

Before entering public service, Admiral Loy served for 42 years in the U.S. Coast Guard, rising to the rank of Admiral and serving as the Commandant of the Coast Guard until 2002. He received many accommodations during his professional career, including the Distinguished Service Medal for the Department of Transportation, four Coast Guard Distinguished Service medals, a Defense Superior Service medal, and the Bronze Star with Combat "V," among others. He also received the NAACP Meritorious Service Award for 2000.

In addition to the Viisage Board, Admiral Loy also currently serves on the Board of Directors for Lockheed Martin.

James Loy was instrumental in pushing through the TWIC card program, a horribly intrusive, unnecessarily redundant, expensive ID card that EVERY transportation worker will have to comply with.

Interesting to note, when you pay for one of these bullshit cards, the payment goes directly to Lockheed Martin, not the Treasury, not DHS not NHTSB not USCG.

Here's another winner on L-1's board:

George J. Tenet served as a member of the Board of Directors of Viisage from December 2005 until it merged with Identix to become L-1 Identity Solutions in 2006. Mr. Tenet formerly served a seven-year term as Director of Central Intelligence for the United States.

Mr. Tenet’s seven-year term as the Director of Central Intelligence was the second-longest in U.S. history. He first served as Deputy Director of Central Intelligence from 1995-1997 until he became the 18th Director of Central Intelligence in July 1997, following a unanimous confirmation vote in the United States Senate. As Director, Mr. Tenet led the U.S. Intelligence Community – a team of 14 foreign intelligence organizations – and presided over the daily activities of one of its members, the Central Intelligence Agency. He served as the Director until 2004.

So here's the slut who, if the official story is to be believed, presided over the worst intelligence failure ever in this nation's history, now profiting from the fear and surveillance grid that he and his fellow spooks created.

Don't fucking' tell me we are not entering a high tech, corrupt police/surveillance state.

It doesn't end there either. Everyone here MUST read this article:

China's All Seeing Eye
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/20797485/chinas_allseeing_eye/print

Besides illegally working to get their software into the hands of the Chinese government (as discussed in the article), L-1 identity solutions is the same company providing FaceEXPLORER software to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) through their subsidiary, Viisage Technologies. PennDOT has been using this software to convert high resolution pictures of Pennsylvanians, taken when they renew their drivers licenses, to biometric images, or "faceprints", that identify us just as uniquely as our DNA. This is being done without most citizens even knowing about it, let alone consenting. These images are all going into a massive database with other personal information and may be accessible by multiple government and private entities, including other countries. Read more HERE (http://www.samrohrer.com/?sectionid=17&sectiontree=17&itemid=240).

The PennDOT/Viisage contract is worth $45.5 million dollars over a number of years.

These provisions in the contract came about a result of the Real ID Act of 2005 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1048394590125948082&q=real+id+scranton&ei=JY5dSObbHIeIrgLc1LjhAg).

(NOTE TO PA RESIDENTS: SB 1220 is pending on in the PA Senate. If it passes, it will stop all of this. A similar bill, HB 1351, was also introduced last year in the House. It was referred to the Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, chaired by Rep. W. Curtis Thomas. Thomas held public hearings throughout the state over a course of months, where ALL PA citizens in attendance voiced their contempts for Real ID and support of HB 1351. Thomas has refused to bring the bill out of committee. Instead, he introduced a gutted version of the bill (HB 2537) last month, which removed all mentions of biometrics. Just this week that bill was moved out of the committee by unanimous vote. HB 1351 has over 90 co-sponsors, and various Reps have stated their intentions to try to amend HB 2537 on the floor to match HB 1351. If you live in PA, call your state Rep and tell them you want them you want them to stop the Real ID and biometrics in PA by amending HB 2537 to match the langauge of HB 1351, or to support such amendments!)

Mach
06-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Good points humanic, with Facial Recognition you won't even be able to leave your house without being logged and they'll say... Real ID's... we don need no steenkin Real ID's.....

Here is a randomly found simple PDF. It is from a University of course, what great helpers. I can't believe the American people are going to allow what is going on in the UK, 4 million cameras, about 1 for every 14 people... sick!

http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/2004/isw/slides/JimAlexanderpresslides.pdf

Roxi
06-21-2008, 07:30 PM
It doesn't end there either. Everyone here MUST read this article:

China's All Seeing Eye
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/20797485/chinas_allseeing_eye/print

Besides illegally working to get their software into the hands of the Chinese government (as discussed in the article), L-1 identity solutions is the same company providing FaceEXPLORER software to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) through their subsidiary, Viisage Technologies. PennDOT has been using this software to convert high resolution pictures of Pennsylvanians, taken when they renew their drivers licenses, to biometric images, or "faceprints", that identify us just as uniquely as our DNA. This is being done without most citizens even knowing about it, let alone consenting. These images are all going into a massive database with other personal information and may be accessible by multiple government and private entities, including other countries. Read more HERE (http://www.samrohrer.com/?sectionid=17&sectiontree=17&itemid=240).

The PennDOT/Viisage contract is worth $45.5 million dollars over a number of years.

These provisions in the contract came about a result of the Real ID Act of 2005 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1048394590125948082&q=real+id+scranton&ei=JY5dSObbHIeIrgLc1LjhAg).

(NOTE TO PA RESIDENTS: SB 1220 is pending on in the PA Senate. If it passes, it will stop all of this. A similar bill, HB 1351, was also introduced last year in the House. It was referred to the Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, chaired by Rep. W. Curtis Thomas. Thomas held public hearings throughout the state over a course of months, where ALL PA citizens in attendance voiced their contempts for Real ID and support of HB 1351. Thomas has refused to bring the bill out of committee. Instead, he introduced a gutted version of the bill (HB 2537) last month, which removed all mentions of biometrics. Just this week that bill was moved out of the committee by unanimous vote. HB 1351 has over 90 co-sponsors, and various Reps have stated their intentions to try to amend HB 2537 on the floor to match HB 1351. If you live in PA, call your state Rep and tell them you want them you want them to stop the Real ID and biometrics in PA by amending HB 2537 to match the langauge of HB 1351, or to support such amendments!)

i don't know how this factors in but when we were driving through PA and MA we found out several of the toll highways (particularly the MA TPK (80)) is PRIVATELY OWNED.... (some by companies based in other countries)

Soooo.... in short, we are paying switzerland to drive on a US Interstate.... basically

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
How do you get STates to "BUY" the REAL ID act?

BRIBE THEM!!!

"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced today Fiscal Year 2008 REAL ID Demonstration Grant awards totaling nearly $80 million to assist states in improving the security of state-issued driver’s licenses (DL) and identification documents (ID)."

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1213973982746.shtm

Let's see what state BITE on this... ALL FOR THE GREED OF MONEY!

This country and all levels of government are screwing the people!

Anti Federalist
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Anti Federalist, don't take this the wrong way but I like when you get pissed off. Thanks for the good news.

Did you ever think about YouTubing yourself to the World?

Arizona....... http://voiceoversavvy.com/images/smiles/icon_prost.gif

First, Huzzah for Arizona as well.

Second, I'm laughing, hard, at what you said.:D:D:D

Not taking it wrong at all.

The reason I'm laughing is Mrs. Anti and I post in a private forum, just 20 or so close friends of ours from all around the country, discussing things political, religious and current events. Being private, it is a completely "free speech" area.

I've gotten cranked up on rants and my fellow forum mates have cheered simply because of the dithyrambic sweep and style of my cursing and venting.

You tube eh?

I'm afraid I may come off as Peter Griffin doing a "What Really Grinds my Gears" segment.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/kurtenblog/what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

But I'd hope I could come off more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfEuSNejejY

(I've done stuff like that before and really think that way)

Bruno
06-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Wow. That is some crazy stuff in that article, Humanic. These paragraphs below are particularly disturbing. This is our future here, all laid out for us. Is this what Americans are going to lie down and take?

"Remember how we've always been told that free markets and free people go hand in hand? That was a lie. It turns out that the most efficient delivery system for capitalism is actually a communist-style police state, fortressed with American "homeland security" technologies, pumped up with "war on terror" rhetoric. And the global corporations currently earning superprofits from this social experiment are unlikely to be content if the lucrative new market remains confined to cities such as Shenzhen. Like everything else assembled in China with American parts, Police State 2.0 is ready for export to a neighborhood near you."

"This is how this Golden Shield will work: Chinese citizens will be watched around the clock through networked CCTV cameras and remote monitoring of computers. They will be listened to on their phone calls, monitored by digital voice-recognition technologies. Their Internet access will be aggressively limited through the country's notorious system of online controls known as the "Great Firewall." Their movements will be tracked through national ID cards with scannable computer chips and photos that are instantly uploaded to police databases and linked to their holder's personal data. This is the most important element of all: linking all these tools together in a massive, searchable database of names, photos, residency information, work history and biometric data. When Golden Shield is finished, there will be a photo in those databases for every person in China: 1.3 billion faces."

As a side note, I'm up now at 3:39 a.m. because of a bad dream I woke up to and a dry throat. The dream was that AZ Gov. Napolitano was murdered. Chalk that up to reading to reading to believing too many conspiracy theories and my time on the RP forums. Thankfully it wasn't true. The dry throat was due to too many chips tonight at a Mexican restaurant. :)