PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul Democrat Victorious in Primary, Moves on towards November!

Kotin
06-20-2008, 02:21 PM
http://southernavenger.ccpblogs.com/2008/06/19/dylan-hales-at-takimagcom-a-ron-paul-democrat/

“On Tuesday June 10, 2008, something interesting happened here in South Carolina. For the first time in a long time, an authentically populist conservative won a close race in a very important political primary.Bob Conley is a virtual unknown who defeated an establishment candidate supported by the usual coterie of party insiders and special interest groups. The primary victory was narrow (1,058 votes) and the turnout was very low (only 17%), but nonetheless Conley, a conservative, observant Catholic from a blue-collar background, will be his party’s candidate for the U.S. Senate come November—as a Democrat.“Flattop Bob,” as he is often called, would likely be the first to tell you that he was a long shot to win the Democratic nomination, as he is no conventional Democrat. Whereas his opponent, well-known lawyer and longtime party activist Michael Cone, was the safe and obvious establishment choice

Maverick Conley bolted the GOP a few years ago over amnesty, war and trade policy and was a vocal supporter of Ron Paul’s presidential bid.

Though his primary campaign was poorly covered by the media (a blessing in disguise), Conley represents a unique combination of dissident, anti-establishment themes running on the fringes of both major political parties and his candidacy is perhaps the best hope for putting a paleoconservative in the U.S. Senate this November.”

yongrel
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Cool.

acptulsa
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Victory!!

RPTXState
06-20-2008, 02:33 PM
who was the opponent?

amy31416
06-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Great news!

CoreyBowen999
06-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Where is his own site? I want to see his positions

Kotin
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
who was the opponent?

"well-known lawyer and longtime party activist Michael Cone, was the safe and obvious establishment choice"

hypnagogue
06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
http://bobconleyforsenate.com/

Google people... jeeeze.

CoreyBowen999
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM

Google people... jeeeze.

oops :)

szczebrzeszyn
06-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of $ he needed to win ;)

Jeremy
06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
But it's South Carolina? Red state...

No1ButPaul08
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of $ he needed to win ;)

Mr. Conley's opponent is McCain's bitch, Lindsey Grahamnesty.

Fundraising totals as of May 21 (http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?id=SCS2&cycle=2008)

Lindsay Grahamnesty, $8,829,969
Bob Conley, $11,987

newyearsrevolution08
06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Mr. Conley's opponent is McCain's bitch, Lindsey Grahamnesty.

Fundraising totals as of May 21 (http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?id=SCS2&cycle=2008)

Lindsay Grahamnesty, $8,829,969
Bob Conley, $11,987

That looks about right lol

It amazes me what some of these people dump into the elections. Makes you realize how much effect someone in office has on things and how much people are willing to spend to make sure their "ideas" get pushed to us.

Keep up the fight and great luck in November, hope that rich mccain ass gets crushed.

brandon
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Does he face an incumbent in the general election?

tomveil
06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Great to see some RPDs winning. Now we gotta press on!

familydog
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
He doesn't have a chance in November, but he has my support.

SnappleLlama
06-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Google people... jeeeze.

*swipes link for Operation Cat Herder*

He has officially been added to the list of pro-Liberty candidates on the Cat Herder site!

http://www.operationcatherder.com/index.php/Grassroots_Roadmap#Political_Candidates

w00t, w00t!

nate895
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
If we can give him a couple of million, he can win. Someone needs to organize a moneybomb.

Kotin
06-20-2008, 03:49 PM
If we can give him a couple of million, he can win. Someone needs to organize a moneybomb.

agreed.

this guy succeeded where our friend Murray Sabrin failed.

I have to donate to this guy.

Unfortunately, Dr.Paul cannot endorse him because he is a Democrat facing a Republican incumbent.

but we the grassroots can help.

RoyalShock
06-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I found the front page of his website interesting.

The only occurrence of "Democrat" is from a newspaper headline.

He's got the Democrat vernacular down, using adjectives like "greedy" and "unscrupulous" to describe big business and pulling in "working families", all in the context of illegal immigration.

I don't think he's any more of a Democrat than I am (a lifeling Republican conservative). But kudos for winning the primary and good luck against his neo-con opponent!

mediahasyou
06-20-2008, 04:12 PM
That looks about right lol

It amazes me what some of these people dump into the elections. Makes you realize how much effect someone in office has on things and how much people are willing to spend to make sure their "ideas" get pushed to us.

Keep up the fight and great luck in November, hope that rich mccain ass gets crushed.

Looks like shes getting scared. She knows shes beaten on the principles.

american.swan
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I would imagine there would be some long time DEMs willing to help him financially

I don't know.

kombayn
06-20-2008, 04:16 PM
He'll get a donation bump after winning the nomination. Lets hope he slaughters the chick in the election cycle.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-20-2008, 04:22 PM
nt

Indy Vidual
06-20-2008, 04:52 PM
He'll get a donation bump after winning the nomination. Lets hope he slaughters the chick in the election cycle.The incumbent is a man not a "chick" :p

AJ Antimony
06-20-2008, 05:04 PM
His chances of winning are much higher than normal simply because he has that D next to his name

MikeSmith
06-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Apparently, some people don't know who Lindsey Graham is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Graham

Some highlights:

"In February 2006, Graham joined Senator Jon Kyl in filing an amicus brief in the Hamdan v. Rumsfeld case which appears to have been an attempt to mislead the Supreme Court by presenting an “extensive colloquy” added to the Congressional record but not included in the Dec 21 debate as evidence that "Congress was aware" that the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005 would strip the Supreme Court of jurisdiction to hear "pending cases, including this case" brought by the Guantanamo detainees."

"Graham notably supported John McCain's presidential bid in 2000, and is currently national co-chairman of McCain's 2008 presidential bid."

and

"2002 Alex Sanders 487,359 44% Lindsey Graham 600,010 54% Ted Adams Constitution 8,228 1% Victor Kocher Libertarian 6,648 1% "

That was an open primary, but it's good to note that the Democrat wasn't crushed into oblivion. With all the anti-Bush sentiment, winning might be a possibility; although, I don't know where most South Carolinians currently stand. If we could oust Graham, it would be a huge victory.

DealzOnWheelz
06-20-2008, 06:44 PM
For Liberty

nate895
06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Apparently, some people don't know who Lindsey Graham is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Graham

Some highlights:

"In February 2006, Graham joined Senator Jon Kyl in filing an amicus brief in the Hamdan v. Rumsfeld case which appears to have been an attempt to mislead the Supreme Court by presenting an “extensive colloquy” added to the Congressional record but not included in the Dec 21 debate as evidence that "Congress was aware" that the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005 would strip the Supreme Court of jurisdiction to hear "pending cases, including this case" brought by the Guantanamo detainees."

"Graham notably supported John McCain's presidential bid in 2000, and is currently national co-chairman of McCain's 2008 presidential bid."

and

"2002 Alex Sanders 487,359 44% Lindsey Graham 600,010 54% Ted Adams Constitution 8,228 1% Victor Kocher Libertarian 6,648 1% "

That was an open primary, but it's good to note that the Democrat wasn't crushed into oblivion. With all the anti-Bush sentiment, winning might be a possibility; although, I don't know where most South Carolinians currently stand. If we could oust Graham, it would be a huge victory.

He could be vulnerable since this was at the height of the pro-war, pro-Bush days. If we can get out that Conley is an anti-war conservative, he would win the Senate seat for sure. I am guaranteeing a win if he can get 3 million, and he could still win with 1.5 million-3 million, it just wouldn't be a sure fire thing.

nate895
06-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Bump

JosephTheLibertarian
06-21-2008, 12:03 PM
He could be vulnerable since this was at the height of the pro-war, pro-Bush days. If we can get out that Conley is an anti-war conservative, he would win the Senate seat for sure. I am guaranteeing a win if he can get 3 million, and he could still win with 1.5 million-3 million, it just wouldn't be a sure fire thing.

democrats don't want to vote for a conservative ... but maybe you can get Repulicans to switch. doubtful, most are pro-war

This guy used the tactics I talked about in running as a Democrat. I knew it would work!

nate895
06-21-2008, 12:14 PM
democrats don't want to vote for a conservative ... but maybe you can get Repulicans to switch. doubtful, most are pro-war

This guy used the tactics I talked about in running as a Democrat. I knew it would work!

The Democrats will vote for him because he has a D next to his name, and in the South, anti-war Democrats who are conservative have won several seats in 2006, and just recently in the Mississippi-4 special election.