PDA

View Full Version : NEVADA - The latest Scoop 6/19

pauletteNV
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Exciting News....lends lots of credibility and builds the quorum numbers. Please get this out to everyone! This is one of the reasons why you stay focused and don't dilute your time.

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 19, 2008

NEVADA REPUBLICAN ASSEMBLY ENDORSES
JUNE 28TH RECONVENING OF GOP DELEGATES

Widespread support among a growing, diverse coalition of 
Republican state delegates bolsters planned assembly.

RENO, Nev. – Members of the Nevada Republican Assembly (NVRA) — "The Republican Wing of the Republican Party" — have voted to support the reconvening of Nevada State Republican Delegates at the Grand Sierra Resort on Saturday, June 28, 2008. The organization of politically-active conservatives will participate in the lawful reconvening of elected delegates, including taking leadership roles in the event's planning and execution, as necessary.

The NRS, Nevada GOP and RNC Bylaws, and the Rules adopted by the convention delegates restrict the options for where and when the party's business must be conducted. After more than a month in what Convention Chairman Bob Beers called a "recess," the elected delegates chose a date, time and place to reconvene to complete the business their neighbors elected them to conduct.

"The general consensus seems to be the Nevada State Republican Delegates have been far more than patient in waiting to hear the Central Committee's plans to gather for the completion of the party's business," said Bill Anthony, local business owner and NVRA member. "The reconvening on June 28th was announced, and is a completely acceptable date and place to what will undoubtedly be a majority of state delegates."

One key item of business left unfinished by the state delegates when the convention on April 26, 2008, was unceremoniously stopped, is the election of delegates to represent Nevada Republicans at the National Convention September 1-4, 2008 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"It's completely unacceptable to imagine that in this important presidential election year, Nevada republicans may not be represented by delegates they themselves elected," said Juanita Cox, NVRA member and chair of the Storey County Republican Party. "There is a process clearly outlined in our state party Bylaws for election of delegates - from precincts, counties and the state – who can speak for the republican voters of Nevada at the national convention. This reconvening of delegates will follow those bylaws, and the rules adopted by the delegates during the convention in April, to elect national delegates who represent Nevada republicans."

With reconvening less than two weeks away, NVRA is encouraging all elected Nevada Republican Delegates to make plans to attend the June 28th meeting. Party business will be conducted and completed, and the NVRA expects the national delegation elected during this reconvening to be seated at the Republican National Convention.
"Any time we have a good chance for a democratic process, without impediment, that respects the rule of law, Nevada delegates should participate fully," said Dr. Michael Kressler, President of the NVRA.
Touting membership across the state, the NVRA has mobilized throughout Nevada to mentor political activists and recruit like-minded conservatives to run for local, state and national political offices. Monthly meetings are centered in Washoe County.

For more information, go to www.nevadaGOPconvention.com. Contact the NVRA at 866-704-8320, www.nvra.com, email nvra@callmykate.com.

-------------------------------

About the Nevada Republican Assembly:

The Nevada Republican Assembly (NVRA) is a grass-roots political organization working with the Republican Party to get principled Republican conservatives elected to public offices at all levels.

The NVRA is affiliated with the National Federation of Republican Assemblies (NFRA) (http://www.gopwing.com/). Founded in 1997, the NFRA actively brings conservative, pro-Constitution, pro-life, pro-family values to the national forefront. Working as a national coalition, NFRA chapters in more than 40 states have issued endorsements that have attracted attention from national political leaders, including many Republican presidential candidates.

OptionsTrader
06-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the update.

jasonhlasvegas2008
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
The exposure in N. Nevada is very good. They are getting good coverage.

We aren't getting much exposure in Southern Nevada. Please help us contact these journalists and news outlets:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143495

brandon
06-19-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm so proud of you guys. I wish I was in Nevada.

pauletteNV
06-19-2008, 05:32 PM
We wish you were too!

Jason, I contacted all on the media list today....and I will do so again in the morning.

Anyone got media contact in Nevada? If you do, please contact them. It is always better getting information from someone they know.

Either way.....this is more fodder for the media and somehow we have got to get more attention for June 28th!

dannno
06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
So are the McCainaniites still going to have their family bbq that day :D

AHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHA!!

Good luck you guys :)

-lotus-
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
love it love it love it! keep it up guys.

Jdayh
06-20-2008, 10:48 PM
We wish you were too!

Jason, I contacted all on the media list today....and I will do so again in the morning.

Anyone got media contact in Nevada? If you do, please contact them. It is always better getting information from someone they know.

Either way.....this is more fodder for the media and somehow we have got to get more attention for June 28th!

IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND DIGG UP SOME DELEGATES...PLEASE CALL THESE ELECTED STATE SENATORS...We don't know for sure but we think there are some state delegates there in the list...

THEY CAN BE CONFRONTED ...If they are all cowards and hacks..then lets give them a chance to be that, or maybe , we might get a couple onto our "side" . for I have a feeling that most of them do not digg for the truth, they do what they are told, only leaders digg for truth, and make intelligent choices based on that truth....When calling or emailing them please point that out....and let them respond(that is if your fortunate enough to get them on the phone)

BTW DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANY OF THESE GUYS/GALS WERE DELEGATES AT THE STATE CONVENTION??
Amodei, Mark E
Beers, Bob
Cegavske, Barbara K
Hardy, II, Warren B
Heck, Joseph J
McGinness, Mike
Nolan, Dennis
Raggio, William J
Rhoads, Dean A
Townsend, Randolph J
Washington, Maurice E

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Legislators/Senators/slist.cfm

Please call them up and find out....then ask them if they will come to the convention in Reno on June 28th, if they ask why should they/is it legal etc. please have your facts in front of you(ie http://www.nevadagopconvention.com/... ) We must ask and be firm in our knowledge and truth about our facts....I bet many of them(if any are actually delegates/alternates) are only making decisions based on what they are told, not based on the truth. have this also in front of you so you can quote Roberts Rules of order to them....

On Page 224 of Robert's Rules of Order - Newly Revised 10th Edition it says this about a Recess:

3. Is out of order when another has the floor.
4. Must be seconded.
5. Is not debatable.
6. Is amendable as to the length of the recess; any such amendment is undebatable.
7. Requires a majority vote.
8. Cannot be Reconsidered

GOOD LUCK AND LETS CALL CALL CALL CALL

jasonhlasvegas2008
06-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Great! Good job guys. I am so pleased everyone is helping out so much.

HOLLYWOOD
06-21-2008, 12:55 PM
IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND DIGG UP SOME DELEGATES...PLEASE CALL THESE ELECTED STATE SENATORS...We don't know for sure but we think there are some state delegates there in the list...

THEY CAN BE CONFRONTED ...If they are all cowards and hacks..then lets give them a chance to be that, or maybe , we might get a couple onto our "side" . for I have a feeling that most of them do not digg for the truth, they do what they are told, only leaders digg for truth, and make intelligent choices based on that truth....When calling or emailing them please point that out....and let them respond(that is if your fortunate enough to get them on the phone)

BTW DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANY OF THESE GUYS/GALS WERE DELEGATES AT THE STATE CONVENTION??
Amodei, Mark E
Beers, Bob
Cegavske, Barbara K
Hardy, II, Warren B
Heck, Joseph J
McGinness, Mike
Nolan, Dennis
Raggio, William J
Rhoads, Dean A
Townsend, Randolph J
Washington, Maurice E

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Legislators/Senators/slist.cfm

Please call them up and find out....then ask them if they will come to the convention in Reno on June 28th, if they ask why should they/is it legal etc. please have your facts in front of you(ie http://www.nevadagopconvention.com/... ) We must ask and be firm in our knowledge and truth about our facts....I bet many of them(if any are actually delegates/alternates) are only making decisions based on what they are told, not based on the truth. have this also in front of you so you can quote Roberts Rules of order to them....

On Page 224 of Robert's Rules of Order - Newly Revised 10th Edition it says this about a Recess:

3. Is out of order when another has the floor.
4. Must be seconded.
5. Is not debatable.
6. Is amendable as to the length of the recess; any such amendment is undebatable.
7. Requires a majority vote.
8. Cannot be Reconsidered

GOOD LUCK AND LETS CALL CALL CALL CALL

Additionally, You can look in the County Public Voting records to see how these people/possible delegates have voted in the past. I may help in recruiting them if we know much more about them.

#7. requires a majority vote (pertaining to a Recess in Robert's Rules 10th addition) <=== majority vote of WHO?