PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight, I have to support John McCain!?

RCA
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm filling out the paperwork to become a Republican Precinct Committeeman and here is the Republican Party of Florida Party Loyalty Oath:

I, _____________, hereby swear and affirm that during my term of office I will not actively, publicly, or financially support the election of any candidate other than the Republican candidate in a partisan unitary, general or special election, or a Registered Republican in non-partisan elections, other than Judicial races governed under Florida Statute 105, if there is a registered Republican running for the same office, unless the county executive committee has taken an affirmative vote to endorse one Republican over another per Rule 8(B). I further swear and affirm that I will not engage in activities or conduct that may be deemed by the Grievance Committee and affirmed by the RPOF Chairman as likely to injure the name of the Republican Party or interfere with the activities of the Republican Party.

So, if I go through with this, no Bob Barr bumper stickers, no donating to him either and I have to vote for a Republican for President in November!?

I'm beginning to regret signing up (by paying $30) for the national RLC in the first place!

:confused:

Pauliana
06-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Recant, and make a big deal out of it. (press conference?)

Ask where the loyalty is in the GOP to principles and to party members.

Grandson of Liberty
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
that's a goofy pledge. . . "injure the name of the Republican Party, or interfere with the activities of the Republican Party"?

I guess you have to do whatever the grand masters tell you, and cannot think for yourself within the party or work to change it's platform. :rolleyes:

I say, "Up their butts with a coconut."

Very mature, I know. :)

Truth Warrior
06-19-2008, 10:33 AM
"Some animals are MORE equal than others." :D

slacker921
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
but.. if you're married then your wife can drive around in a car with a Barr sticker and she can donate to Barr. And.. once you're in that booth in November you're the only one who knows who you voted for (or attempted to vote for... ).

But yes, that's how the GOP operates and if you've donated large to a Libertarian candidate in the past then don't expect a warm welcome.

Ozwest
06-19-2008, 10:38 AM
"Some animals are MORE equal than others." :D

Orwell again. Bueno!

"I have random thoughts, questions, and musings that infest my cerebral cortex from time to time."

Ozwest -

:D

Jeremy
06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
1) Donate a lot now so you won't have to later.
2) Have someone you know put up signs and bumperstickers. Then you have an excuse if somebody asks you why you have a bumpersticker on your car or something. hehe

or don't do any of that and say you forgot... what're they gonna do? :p

Truth Warrior
06-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Orwell again. Bueno!

"I have random thoughts, questions, and musings that infest my cerebral cortex from time to time."

Ozwest -

:D
Gracias! :D

RCA
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh well, I guess I'm not going to take the bait. I don't like to be so restricted in my activities, donations, etc. I guess my donation to the national RLC is just that, a donation. I'd rather do that than give my local GOP any of my hard-earned fiat money!

Edit: I just learned about Barr's choice for VP, WAR! Ok, that seals the deal, it's Baldwin or bust for me. I just hope he will be on the Florida ballot in November.

Crickett
06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Yes, and you should vote republican if you join up. But I think many candidates from Rep party will still be on the ballot. Remember what RP said on TV in his last interview? Something like "To us, the Presidential race is irrelevant". I truly believe that. It matters not for whom we cast our vote, unless it could be RP

SnappleLlama
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Sign the pledge. Just don't let them find out about the things you do in your "off time."

Hee hee....

DealzOnWheelz
06-19-2008, 03:03 PM
pull a Wesley SNipes and change the phrase "The republican candidate" to "A Republican candidate"

and then if they say anything bitchslap the fuck outta them

HAHAHA

libertarian4321
06-19-2008, 05:31 PM
"Let me get this straight, I have to support John McCain!?"

The mere thought of supporting John McWar just made me puke into my mouth.

Excuse me, I need to find some mouthwash...